PDA

View Full Version : Maryland/DC/Va DISers

JDFan
03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Let's try and get this meet back on. Any DISers in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area interested in meeting in late May at the National Zoo?

MomNeedsVacay
03-28-2007, 06:05 AM
I was the original one to post on this but it got deleted b/c supposedly "Meet the Fockers" should not be referred to in a post. Even if people ARE just kidding.:confused3 I personally think the whole thing is ridiculous. Anyway- we never decided on an exact date/time. I just said late May/ National Zoo... Should we nail down specifics?

LaraK
03-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Let me know a date and I'll try to get there. I'll go early, but can meet up with the group whenever (I'll have my kids at least and maybe my husband)The weekend of the 26th is memorial day, so we should stear away from that (it'll be mobbed).

goofyforlife
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I'd like to come.... I'm a FONZ member so free parking:yay:

i think i can still get a couple kids free popcorn too...

(My dd's is too old and all they'd have to do is stand with me in line)

Weekend of 12/13th is Mother's day weekend so that'll be mob too...

What about the 19th or 20th?

ClaraBug
03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I love the idea of meeting other local Dissers! :grouphug:
Besides I know my daughters would LOVE the Zoo.:woohoo:

Kudos to y'all for thinking of it!!! :cheer2:

Just tell me when!!:surfweb:

ClaraBug
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
how will identify each other?

Just keep the LGMH?

I have my limegreen Baggallini!

Any other idea??

JDFan
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Maybe we should all wear traditional Mickey ears! No mistaking us then.:rotfl:

goofyforlife
03-29-2007, 06:31 AM
how will identify each other?

Just keep the LGMH?

I have my limegreen Baggallini!

Any other idea??

My fam has the matching lime green "antennea head" shirts from Dis Shopping.

Mischa
03-29-2007, 07:21 AM
I live in VA but work in DC and would love to meet up with any DISsers at the Zoo. I have been wanting to go to the zoo anyway!

Have we decided when/where to meet? :yay:

Tink's Pixieduster
03-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Could the title of this thread be edited to include VA? I almost bypassed this thread because it is only addressed to MD & DC DISers in the title.

MariaEllerºoº
03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Count my family in! We could all meet in a certain place at a certain time. We have the Team Focker Watch lanyards to help spot us.

JDFan
03-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Could the title of this thread be edited to include VA? I almost bypassed this thread because it is only addressed to MD & DC DISers in the title.

I tried editing the title, but can't find a way to do it. Anyone know a way to change the thread title?

ClaraBug
03-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I tried editing the title, but can't find a way to do it. Anyone know a way to change the thread title?

Yes, go to the original post and hit edit, when you come to the edit page, hit edit again and it should include the title with the original post.

Marshay
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Count my DD and I in for the Zoo. I was planning to go anyway in the next 2 months.

MemoryMakers2669
04-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Some of us already have a meet planned for there, and were talking about May. Count me in!

MomNeedsVacay
04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
why is it so dang cold???? OH!:confused: I know why! Its b/c I put away our winter clothes and coats!!! Sorry everyone...its my fault!:lmao:

JDFan
04-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Some of us already have a meet planned for there, and were talking about May. Count me in!

Why don't we piggyback on the plans you already have. No sense in trying to make two meetings. The more the merrier in one meeting. What are the deatils on your plans?

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Why don't we piggyback on the plans you already have. No sense in trying to make two meetings. The more the merrier in one meeting. What are the deatils on your plans?

There actually aren't any yet, so we will plan from here. LaraK is already posting here with you guys and she is one of them. I will send the others over.

I think the weekend of May 19th makes the most sense really. With the one before and after being holidays...Mothers Day and Memorial Day.

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 08:53 AM
JDFan, I am from Ellicott City! I lived in Town & Country apts. after I left home for a few years. Grew up in Columbia I should say. My mother and sister still live there, near the Walmart.

JDFan
04-07-2007, 09:20 AM
JDFan, I am from Ellicott City! I lived in Town & Country apts. after I left home for a few years. Grew up in Columbia I should say. My mother and sister still live there, near the Walmart.

I just moved to the Columbia area when I transfered from Panama to Fort Meade in 1995. Since my daughter was a junior at Oakland Mills High when it came time to retire in 1998, we opted to stay here. We now live off 108 right near where they are plowing that last farm under.

I vote for May 19 for our meet at the zoo. It is not only in between the holidays and probably good weather, but it's the week after my WDW trip and I will still be high on Disney ... but a bit depressed about being back.

MomNeedsVacay
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
:confused3 So I guess whats next is WHERE in the Zoo do we meet??

Marshay
04-07-2007, 07:24 PM
How about meeting at the food court area across from the panda bears? This is called Panda Pavilion and is centrally located in the zoo, between parking lots A and B. This has lots of picnic tables, is a large contained area and has a small play area for kids to run around. Restrooms are also close by.

Marshay
04-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Here is the link to see the Panda Pavilion location at the zoo.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Visit/ZooMap/images/NationalZoofall2006map.pdf

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I say we meet at the BOTTOM, near the lion/tiger hill actually. There is a ton of parking down there for one thing. Up at the top, near the Panda's there isn't much at all. Many of us might end up near that bottom area, and it would suck to have to walk all the way up that blasted hill to meet everyone, just to have to walk back down again. At least down at the bottom...which I call the Main Entrance..since it has the sign and all, we will all walk up, then by the end when we are dead tired, we just have to walk down the hill to our cars!

Parking Lot C, for those that aren't familier, is NOT a good parking lot at all!!! It is on the other side of the busy road and then you walk up so super steep steps to get into the zoo.

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
JDFan, when are you in Disney? Looks like we are there the same dates. We get there May 5th, home on the 12th. Staying at OKW!

Marshay
04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Doesn't matter where we meet but these were my thoughts:

The panda pavilion is much closer to the new asia trail. I HIGHLY recommend hitting the Asia Trail first thing as this gets more crowded (since it is new) and the animals will be more active in the morning than in the afternoon.

If you wait to meet everyone at the bottom and work your way up the trail, you won't get to it until late morning or afternoon. Also for those who can't walk right up the entire hill, the panda pavilion is a 1/2 way point, so you aren't walking up the entire hill at once, like you would if you meet at the bottom and go straight to the asia trail.

I've never had a problem with parking on a weekday (maybe a Friday and definitely a weekend) but since we are talking about a Monday, I don't foresee parking to be a problem. Schools are still in session and most people are waiting until later to vacation in DC.

Ok, 'nuf said. You heard my reasons.

MHO.

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
OH, I thought we were meeting on a Saturday!?

And if we pick the opening time or slightly before, parking at that top (Panda house) won't be much of an issue. But anything after that and we will be spread all over the place. Having to park at the bottom...Lions/Tigers, and having to walk passed half the park just to get the meeting place won't be fun.

Marshay
04-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Ooops!! I accidentally had my 2008 calendar open.

Yep, May 19th is a Saturday!

Thanks MemoryMakre!

Marshay
04-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Hours for May 19th

Grounds open at 6am and close at 8pm

Buildings open at 10am and close at 6pm (last admission is 5:45pm)

What time should we meet? 9:45am?

Does that give enough time for those coming from southern VA, Northern MD, and WV?

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Ooops!! I accidentally had my 2008 calendar open.

Yep, May 19th is a Saturday!

Thanks MemoryMakre!

OK good! I was worried you all had talked about this elsewhere and thought about doing it on a Monday. I wouldn't be able to do a Monday!

So, how does Saturday the 19th work for everyone??

Bbgrizzle
04-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Yay!! DISers in my area!!! Woo hooo!! :yay:

I'd love to meet up at the zoo, if it's on a Saturday. :flower3:

LaraK
04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm in I'm in....The Panda food court is good because it's hard to get lost. If we get there nice and early, we should get good parking

MemoryMakers2669
04-07-2007, 08:51 PM
We could just meet at say, 11:00am at the Food Area, and actually get lunch and do the meet there. That way everyone can arrive when they want, etc and not be stressed about traffic, where they are parked.

Tigger&Belle
04-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Hello all you local people. :) I'm not sure about the 19th...I want to bring my 7yo since he's been begging to go to the zoo , but he has a baseball game that day. Either he can skip his game or I can come without him. :)

Marshay
04-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Hello all you local people. :) I'm not sure about the 19th...I want to bring my 7yo since he's been begging to go to the zoo , but he has a baseball game that day. Either he can skip his game or I can come without him. :)

Think of it this way -- there will always be another baseball game, right??

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Marshay
04-07-2007, 11:49 PM
That way everyone can arrive when they want, etc and not be stressed about traffic, where they are parked.

Meeting for lunch is great! I prob won't end up eating until closer to noon but we can arrive earlier to stake out seats and chat!

So did you still want to meet at the panda area or down by the tigers, since we are talking a lunchtime meet? I think the panda one would be more centrally located but the tiger one also puts you in a great area for the kid farm (which my DD loves).

MomNeedsVacay
04-08-2007, 07:09 AM
I go to the Zoo once a week or once every other week... Never on the weekend, but USUALLY you can't really choose where you park...Just depends on lot availability. I don't care where we meet- I could use the exercise :goodvibes Panda Pavilion is fine by me...free snacks!!!:thumbsup2

Tigger&Belle
04-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Think of it this way -- there will always be another baseball game, right??

:lmao: :rotfl2:
Yep, except he'll miss the week before since we'll be in Maine. We've started our busy time of the year. :rotfl:

MemoryMakers2669
04-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Meeting for lunch is great! I prob won't end up eating until closer to noon but we can arrive earlier to stake out seats and chat!

So did you still want to meet at the panda area or down by the tigers, since we are talking a lunchtime meet? I think the panda one would be more centrally located but the tiger one also puts you in a great area for the kid farm (which my DD loves).

Oh, the Panda area is absolutely the best area I agree! I am just lazy about that place and hate when I get stuck parking at the bottom and have to hoof it to the top to meet someone...done that before!

MemoryMakers2669
04-08-2007, 07:35 AM
And I said 11, just to give us lots of time for everyone to arrive, get the tables secured, etc. I think by the time we finally get to the food, it will be close to noon!

So, May 19th, 11:00am at the Panda food area??

Marshay
04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
May 19th, 11am Panda pavilion works for us.

How about others?

goofyforlife
04-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I've never had a problem with parking on a weekday (maybe a Friday and definitely a weekend) but since we are talking about a Monday, I don't foresee parking to be a problem. Schools are still in session and most people are waiting until later to vacation in DC.

i agree about panda trail mtg place cause i usually park in B or C.

Parked at that place at the bottom first time i ever went and boy don't want to park there again...

I work so weekdays are out for me. I too was hoping for a Sat.

goofyforlife
04-08-2007, 08:46 AM
OK good! I was worried you all had talked about this elsewhere and thought about doing it on a Monday. I wouldn't be able to do a Monday!

So, how does Saturday the 19th work for everyone??

Works for me.......:cool1: :cool1:

JDFan
04-08-2007, 02:59 PM
JDFan, when are you in Disney? Looks like we are there the same dates. We get there May 5th, home on the 12th. Staying at OKW!

We are there May 5-13 and cn't wait! The days are just crawling by and I can't even concentrate at work anymore. We are staying at the Shades of Green across from the Polynisian.

JDFan
04-08-2007, 03:11 PM
So it looks like Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m. at the Panda Pavillion is a go. If you are talking on any other Maryland meeting threads, please pass this along.

Also, if everyone wears something lime green (or our Focker lanyards), or something Disney, we should not have a hard time meeting up. I will probably bring Disney photos to bore you all with since I will have just retuned from my May 5-13 WDW vacation. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

ClaraBug
04-09-2007, 08:01 AM
May 19th, 11am Panda pavilion works for us.

How about others?

I am so there!! :cool1:

.....know just have to talk DH in to it! :rolleyes1

ClaraBug
04-09-2007, 08:26 AM
What is the cost of parking and admission?

Tigger&Belle
04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
What is the cost of parking and admission?

Admission is free, but I don't know what parking costs now. Here's the zoo website. http://nationalzoo.si.edu/

Here's the parking section:
Parking:

Parking at the Zoo costs $4 for the first hour, $12 for two to three hours, and $16 for more than three hours, but is free for FONZ members. Every dollar you spend at the Zoo—for parking, food, and gifts—supports our education, research, and conservation efforts.
Please note: The Zoo is a popular destination, and lots fill early in the day during spring break and summer, so we encourage you to take the Metro or arrive by 9:30 (animals are more active early in the day). We are located in a city, and there is not a lot of street parking in the neighborhood.

goofyforlife
04-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Parking at the Zoo costs $4 for the first hour, $12 for two to three hours, and $16 for more than three hours, but is free for FONZ members.

We've been FONZ members for a few years now....

We go down to the zoo a couple times during the year and you can get free admission at other reciprical zoos for up to 4 people.

My dsis lives in Philly so we go down to the Philadelphia Zoo sometimes. (Gate price there is over $10 each person)

And the money helps the zoo...

Individual membership is $40; household is $55 (which is what i have)

JDFan
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I know this is off topic, but I just had to share. I was in the lunch room at work today just reading my book, eating my lunch and minding my own business. The ladies at the table next to me started talking about WDW and my ears perked up. What they said really got me going (in my head). They were talking about how great some of the amusement parks in Pa. are but how much they hated WDW. How can that possbily be? I sat stewing and stewing and just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to turn around, apologize for butting in and asked "How can anyone who likes amusement parks not like WDW?" They said WDW was just too hot, too crowded and way too any kids. What?????? I had to give my pitch on going at a better time of year ... yadda, yadda, yadda. I managed to change all but one of their minds. I guess I did my Disney duty for the day. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Marshay
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I managed to change all but one of their minds.

No, no ... we don't need these folks. it'll be more crowded!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Seriously, I love lots of amusement parks in PA but they don't compare at all to WDW.

JDFan
04-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Tigger&Belle: I just looooove the photo of your beautiful kitty. I have three of my own who ... even though they are pains in the butt sometimes ... are my babies.

Tigger&Belle
04-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Tigger&Belle: I just looooove the photo of your beautiful kitty. I have three of my own who ... even though they are pains in the butt sometimes ... are my babies.

Thank you. :) The signature kitty is the most mischievous of the bunch. I have her, her brother and then Tigger and Belle, a brother/sister duo.

:rotfl: about the group saying that about WDW.

MomNeedsVacay
04-15-2007, 07:33 AM
such yucky weather today!!! BLAH!!!!

Tink's Pixieduster
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
No can do on May 19, since that is the day my youngest will be graduating from college :woohoo: :woohoo: . After spending a boat-load of money on his education I kinda think I should probabaly be there. :goodvibes

There's been one meet in MD (Frederick), and one meet in DC, (this one) - how about the next meet being somewhere in VA?

Hope everyone has a great time, takes lots of photos, and I'll try to make the next get-together, wherever it may be.

goofyforlife
04-15-2007, 11:58 AM
There's been one meet in MD (Frederick), and one meet in DC, (this one) - how about the next meet being somewhere in VA?

We did Tysons Corner almost 2 yrs ago...(maybe a little more recent)

Maybe you missed that day. Only a few of us showed up.

MomNeedsVacay
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
where in Tysons??

Tigger&Belle
04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
where in Tysons??

Tyson's Corner in McLean, right off of I495.

MomNeedsVacay
04-15-2007, 02:18 PM
:goodvibes I know WHERE Tysons is.... I meant Where did you meet...at the mall??:thumbsup2

Tigger&Belle
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
:goodvibes I know WHERE Tysons is.... I meant Where did you meet...at the mall??:thumbsup2

:rotfl: I got my in and is mixed up!

We met at a restaurant out of the mall. I met a few people from the PMS thread at a Tyson's Galleria restaurant not too long ago, which was fun. And we behaved ourselves and didn't even get thrown out... :rolleyes1

suevee
04-16-2007, 06:35 AM
my DH and I would like to join up for the meet. We love all things DIS and Disney!!!!!:love:

Tink's Pixieduster
04-16-2007, 07:24 AM
We did Tysons Corner almost 2 yrs ago...(maybe a little more recent)

Maybe you missed that day. Only a few of us showed up.

I wasn't on the Boards 2 years ago, so that would explain why I didn't know about this. I've only been posting here for maybe 18 months.

And 2 years is a long time. The meet in Frederick was last fall (if I remember right), and now the DC meet is about 6-7 months later. How about a VA meet in the late summer or early fall? I would love to get to meet some local DISers, but I keep missing my chances. The Frederick meet was a bit far for me to drive, especially since I would likely have been returning home after dark on some roads I don't know very well, and the day of the DC zoo meet is the same one my son graduates college.

Tysons would have been very do-able for me so its a shame I didn't know about that get-together.

goofyforlife
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Sorry you are going to miss the meet Tink.

I don't get down to VA too often but my DH and i love to go picnic at Gravely Point. (the park just north of National airport where you can watch the planes land.) We usually do that once or twice a year (Dis dogs could come too) but it's been too cold so far. Hoping for better weather soon.

We also go to the Leesburg area (and over to Sterling for "Wegman's" trip. Their subs are awesome.)

Tink's Pixieduster
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry you are going to miss the meet Tink.

I don't get down to VA too often but my DH and i love to go picnic at Gravely Point. (the park just north of National airport where you can watch the planes land.) We usually do that once or twice a year (Dis dogs could come too) but it's been too cold so far. Hoping for better weather soon.

We also go to the Leesburg area (and over to Sterling for "Wegman's" trip. Their subs are awesome.)

I'm sorry too about missing the zoo meet, but I think my son sort of expects me to show up for his big day. :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about getting to a neighboring State; I don't get to MD very often, myself.

Gravely Point is a lovely place. I haven't been there in a while, but every day when I commute to and from work across 14th Street, I love to watch the planes coming in low over us.

Oh, and Wegman's - what can I say? I go to the one in Fairfax at least once a month. I'm hoping they will have their strawberry/rhubard pies available soon. They are WONDERFUL!

ClaraBug
04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Bump!!

designermv
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
:wave2: Just popping in to say hello to my fellow Maryland/DC/VA folks! I'm new on this board, I live in Hagerstown, MD.

goofyforlife
04-25-2007, 11:39 AM
:wave2: Just popping in to say hello to my fellow Maryland/DC/VA folks! I'm new on this board, I live in Hagerstown, MD.

Hi Rachel:wave2: Your about 45 minutes west of me....

ClaraBug
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Rachel!!

Where in Hagerstown??

lindybug
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
My turn to join in to say hi to the local DISers. :) I live in Frederick, MD.

MomNeedsVacay
04-26-2007, 10:32 AM
My turn to join in to say hi to the local DISers. :) I live in Frederick, MD.

I'm spending the weekend in Frederick!!!

ClaraBug
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
We were thinking of taking the metro into the Zoo b/c we did not want to fight with parking.

But the Vienna - Fairfax station is the orange line and to get to the zoo is the red line.

We don't want to drive to Shady Grove to get on the red line...

Can anyone help he out??????:confused:

And we are still meeting the 19th of May at 10am or 11am??

designermv
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Rachel!!

Where in Hagerstown??

Hi there!
I am in the North end! :cheer2:

Are you familiar with H-Town?

goofyforlife
04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
We were thinking of taking the metro into the Zoo b/c we did not want to fight with parking.

But the Vienna - Fairfax station is the orange line and to get to the zoo is the red line.

We don't want to drive to Shady Grove to get on the red line...

Take Orange Line to Metro Center...

Transfer to outbound red line...

Woodley Park-Zoo Adams Morgan is three stops north...

ClaraBug
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi there!
I am in the North end! :cheer2:

Are you familiar with H-Town?

Very, my mom was from Hagerstown, I worked at Citicorp for a little bit before getting married and moved to VA....still have family scattered in the area. I love shopping at the VAlley Mall!!
Went to college at Shepherd College, b4 it became a university.....
Take Orange Line to Metro Center...

Transfer to outbound red line...

Woodley Park-Zoo Adams Morgan is three stops north...

Thank you,

Do I purchase a "card" and put money on it or do I need to carry cash with me to purchase the second ticket to get on the red line??

goofyforlife
04-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Do I purchase a "card" and put money on it or do I need to carry cash with me to purchase the second ticket to get on the red line??

I have never "switched" between lines before myself but.....

I would assume you swipe card when you get on in VA and then you don't swipe again until you get off at Woodley Park...

I think the fare system knows you transferred and calculates accordingly...

I used the metro fare calculator and it says you will be paying $2.35 each way. (reduced fare for weekend) and it should take 42 minutes.

You can buy a card for the full round trip fare at start of your trip or add to existing card.

But if you are stopping other places on the way back you may want to pay for an unlimited day pass for $6.50.

ClaraBug
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks for the insight!!

JDFan
04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Very, my mom was from Hagerstown, I worked at Citicorp for a little bit before getting married and moved to VA....still have family scattered in the area. I love shopping at the VAlley Mall!!
Went to college at Shepherd College, b4 it became a university.....

Thank you,

check the board at the station and it will tell you how much your fee will be. Then either buy a ticket for that amount or buy double that to include your return trip. Then all you do is swipe it on your way in and again on your way out. You won't need to swipe to change lines. You should not need to pay for parking on a weekend, but I would recommend checking.

Breezy_Carol
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I just found this thread. I live in northeastern Maryland in Cecil County. But my 2 kids are both at University of Maryland at College Park, so I know the area. Unfortunately I will be in CT on that weekend. Someday I will make a meet.

ClaraBug
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
IS everything still a GO for next Saturday??

Can I have a roll call please??!!

Marshay
05-09-2007, 01:45 PM
We are still planning to attend if the weather is nice. I may be bringing another family or two with us as well.

See you at 11am!

ClaraBug
05-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Wooooty Hooooty!!

budcollector
05-12-2007, 06:13 AM
just found this thread and thought i'd pop in an say Hi :wave2: , i'm in Baltimore City.

Tigger&Belle
05-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I very likely won't make it to the meet since my son has a baseball game that morning.

suevee
05-13-2007, 10:50 AM
If the weather is nice I will be there with my grandson.:cool1: 11 am at the Panda eatery right???

Wickedmom75
05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh man... I just found this thread , I live in Va beach but my dad lives in D.C. and we have never been to the zoo so this would have been perfect, except for the three ball games we have on Saturday:upsidedow oh and that fact that my dad will be here this weekend. Oh well it would have been cool, I will have to keep my eyes open for another MD/DC/VA meet. :thumbsup2

LaraK
05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm still planning to attend....will be wearing my lime! I'm going to go early and will meet you all before I head home.

Marshay
05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Hey, guys...let's hope the weather forecast is wrong...I just saw thunderstorms for Sat and Sun....

I'm still planning on going if the weather is sunny/not raining. I don't want to deal with a wet, cranky 22 mo old at the zoo...

I'll update my post again tomorrow night once.

ClaraBug
05-17-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USDC0001?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Uh Oh, guys, the weather aint lookin too good for saturday!! :mad:

MomNeedsVacay
05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd be up for a weekday meet sometime esp. if SAturday is a bust. I'm a SAHM , so my weekday schedule is more flexible than my weekends....:yay:

Marshay
05-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I'd be up for a weekday meet sometime esp. if SAturday is a bust. I'm a SAHM , so my weekday schedule is more flexible than my weekends....:yay:

Me too! :thumbsup2 Sometimes it seems I have greater flexability M-F than when I have to involve the DH on w/e!!

ClaraBug
05-17-2007, 02:29 PM
DH has already said that if the weather is bad by us that we are not going b/c we have a 2 1/2 - 3 hr drive.

If this weekend falls through, what about a nice park or something were we can all bring a covered dish and picnic together??? :confused3

I'm grasping a straws here!! ;) Because I so very much wanted to meet you all (as if you couldn't tell)

LaraK
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah...if it's rotten weather, we will not be going either. I can't think of any good indoor alternatives either

ClaraBug
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Ladies and Gents,

I am afraid that this weekend might be a bust for my family. The front off the coast is bringing the heavy rains. We will not be going but for those who do live near by, by all means, please go!

Maybe next time we could meet at Tysons Corner for lunch and what not!! Please keep in touch!!

Amanda--

MomNeedsVacay
05-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Anyone up for a week-day meet instead?

LaraK
05-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Weather now calling for morning sun and PM showers....my family is going to the zoo.

Are we meeting at the snack shop on top of the Panda House or the restraunt right at the entrance?

Bbgrizzle
05-18-2007, 04:58 PM
What's the forecast, ladies? Zoo or no zoo? So hard to decide!! You just never know what will happen! :teeth: It woudl sure be fun to meet up though!

Marshay
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
OK, I am sorry to say that we are not going to the zoo tomorrow. DD has a runny nose and a bad diaper rash (cries everytime we change her) so I think we will stay home tomorrow.

Have fun to all who go!

LaraK
05-19-2007, 04:33 AM
We're going. It's supposed to be cool, but sunny.

suevee
05-19-2007, 06:27 AM
we are coming too! The sky outside my Columbia, MD home is beautiful. See you the Panda pavillion.

My grandson will be wearing Stitch.

Glendamax
06-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm soooo sorry that I just found this thread today! Did you guys meet? How was it? Any pics?

suevee
06-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Hi,
I am afraid this meet did not work out. I was there and I met LaraK and her lovely children. I am a novice and did not think of pictures!!! No one else was able to make it. I was planning to spend the day at the zoo with my daughter and grandson anyway. We had a lovely day.

Glendamax
06-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi,
I am afraid this meet did not work out. I was there and I met LaraK and her lovely children. I am a novice and did not think of pictures!!! No one else was able to make it. I was planning to spend the day at the zoo with my daughter and grandson anyway. We had a lovely day.Ok - glad you had a nice time. I'll make sure that I keep an eye out in case you all meet up again!

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi,

This week my great weekdays, I had nice time…

It will be again…

Thanks for including me…:banana:
__________________________________________________ _____

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi,

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

Thanks for including me…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

Thanks for including me…

shanmarsh
08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi,

It will be again…

Thanks for including me… :cool1:

Maryland Treatment Centers (http://www.treatmentcenters.org/maryland)