PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Meet Bert

jnjusoioa
03-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi All, I understand Bert is a fairly common character at DL, could someone please tell me where is the best place to meet him, would be great to meet him with Mary Poppins,is that common?? Or is he usually on his own?? Thanks in advance for your help. :goodvibes

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I've never seen him on his own, he's always with Mary. I have seen them in FL, on Main Street, and in the Carnation Garden's area. Your best bet is to check with City Hall or the Character Finder CM by the Wait Times board. They will have Bert's schedule for the day.

mystic_path
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Yep definately check with city hall. But i've only seen him and Mary Poppins together and they have only ever been around Main Street (Near the Hub) and Fantasyland. They just kind of float around.

snoodledoo
03-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I didn't see him at all except just before the parade.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6fd29a3b96561d8f9488d24fa6ac91e7/ea286b49.jpg

jnjusoioa
03-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Is he a normal character out and about?? I thought he was. I plan on being there at park open so hoping to catch him then. Any other ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. :goodvibes

Amy&Dan
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
We have seen him and Mary Poppins many times on Main Street. Usually either right near the fire station or near the 50th Anniversary movie (It may be back to the Abe Lincoln thing now, not sure) also on Main Street. Definitely check with City Hall first thing and again throughout the day if you have a character you are really hoping to meet.

DisGirl819
03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
I have always only seen him with Mary.

Side note: when I read your title I thought...Bert and Ernie? Why would there be Sesame Street in DL???:confused3 Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!:rotfl: :lmao:

JenDisneylandlver
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
LOL I was so thinking Bert and Ernie too at first. I was like, gee Disney bought out Sesame Street now too? LOL

Yeah I've only seen THAT Bert with Mary. hehe

Sosai X
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
I have always only seen him with Mary.

Side note: when I read your title I thought...Bert and Ernie? Why would there be Sesame Street in DL???:confused3 Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!:rotfl: :lmao:

http://www.nametagmuseum.com/bertdl.jpg

:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

jsfofec
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
I've seen them a couple of times. Once at a character breakfast, they were dressed like in the picture above, then another time just passing by where the exit is for the princess story telling, near where they have those concerts by kids and things. That time Bert was jumping on and off the benches and Mary was telling him to stop. Bert was wearing his black outfit with his face all dirty, like the way he was when they were dancing on the rooftops and Mary was wearing a dark blue, almost black dress.

dbanzai
03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
I saw him yesterday by city hall, where the tours meet. He was with Mary, but he was in his sweep garb, not like the picture above. Usually when I've seen Mary though, she's been with penguins.

jnjusoioa
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for all the great replies, hoping to find him. :goodvibes

DangerMouse
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
This is my favorite Bert.

http://members.cox.net/siraks/bert.jpg

jnjusoioa
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
It sounds like he should be pretty easy to find, so I am hoping I do. :goodvibes

mrogerson6083
03-28-2007, 07:55 PM
We were at disneyland at the start of march for 6 days. We saw them 2 days in a row around at the hub on the veranda between the coke cafe and where they do the toll house cookie junior chef. They were playing musical chairs with a bunch of kids with a piano player. Alice was there one day and the mad hatter the other. After the game they stayed for a few minutes for pictures and autographs

jnjusoioa
03-29-2007, 08:54 AM
We were at disneyland at the start of march for 6 days. We saw them 2 days in a row around at the hub on the veranda between the coke cafe and where they do the toll house cookie junior chef. They were playing musical chairs with a bunch of kids with a piano player. Alice was there one day and the mad hatter the other. After the game they stayed for a few minutes for pictures and autographs

Do you remember what time of day this was??? Thanks!!!:)

SamIAm21
03-29-2007, 11:02 AM

Yep, that's where I spotted them too!

jnjusoioa
03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I had heard about Bert playing this game before the parade, but the person I heard it from said usually on Saturday, does anyone know if this is true during the week. Thank you.:)

mrogerson6083
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
it was during the week and for sure on a friday afternoon at 2:00 or so as my girls were doing the toll houes junior chefs just before we left the park at 4 and watched the parade make the loop around the flag pole at the train station before we left.