PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Airport.

Grendel
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Im planning a trip to DL and found good airfare to Long Beach Airport.
Can anyone give me any info on this airport and whether they think its a good one to fly into.

were thinking of going to san diego for a couple of days...and then driving back up to DL for the rest of the week....would love to hear about any scenic drive routes along the coast from this air port.

thanks!

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I've flown into Long Beach before. It's a little airport and you actually have to deplane down the stairs and onto the tarmak. I like it because it is small and uncrowded. Very easy to get in and out of. . .

Sorry, but I don't have an answer to your other question. Never driven the coast to San Diego, but it sounds lovely!

Grendel
03-27-2007, 11:03 AM
well i just booked it...so i wont tell DW about getting off by stairs :)

so DL ressies in..plane ressies in...now i just need a rental car and my san diego ressies...

and then dining ressies at DL...etc. :)

Goofster57
03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Long Beach Airport is a great place to fly into, very small and easy to get out of, as long as the weather isnít bad the tarmac thing is not much of a problem. You are no more than 20-30 yards from the terminal.

As far as the drive you can head south on Lakewood Blvd which is right in front of the airport, go south and catch the 405 freeway to San Diego and you eventually merge with the 5 Freeway, not the most scenic route in the world, but once you get around Dana Point and San Clemente area about 40-45 miles you start to see the Pacific Ocean and then it is pretty good the rest of the way to San Diego.

Hope this helps

hlbtimes2
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
We love Long Beach airport. As the others have said, its quick to get in and out of. The luggage claim area is outside. They unload and drive it over to the claim area. The car rental counter is across the sidewalk. Its all just right there. From the airport to Disneyland (or back again) is a straight shot down Wardlow street. It becomes Ball and gets you to the backside of the park. Super easy!

Here we are getting on the plane to leave last March.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/hlbtimes2/flyingfish.jpg