PDA

View Full Version : Guesses about Candlelight Processional

kittysmommy
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I know it's REALLY early, but I'm trying to figure out when the CP will be in December so I can avoid that weekend for an early Dec. trip. Since Dec 1 is on a Saturday, I'm not sure when it would it. Does anyone recall what weekend it was on when this happened in the past?

I appreciate your help!

rentayenta
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
My money says it will be the first Saturday in December. Then the CM parties will be the following Tuesday and Wednedsay, the 4th and 5th, I think.

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Didn't they have it both on Saturday and Sunday night last year?

I agree with Renta, it is traditionally the first weekend of December.

ScooterL
03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Last year it was the second weekend in December (December 9-10) and with the first Saturday being December 1 this year, my bet is that it will again be the second weekend - December 8-9.

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Last year it was the second weekend in December (December 9-10) and with the first Saturday being December 1 this year, my bet is that it will again be the second weekend - December 8-9.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I researched threads from last year, and found this:

"This year, Annual Passholders can experience the DisneylandŽ Resort's Candlelight Ceremony in a whole new light. The Resort is offering the opportunity to enjoy a special dinner at one of six restaurants at the Resort, followed by premium seating of this year's Candlelight Ceremony in DisneylandŽ Park, Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3, 2006. There will be two shows per night, 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM.

The ceremony, which has been a DisneylandŽ Park tradition for over 45 years, will feature a 600-member choir accompanied by the DisneylandŽ Orchestra, along with a celebrity Guest Narrator who will retell the story of "The First Christmas" in a powerful tapestry of narrative and music."

kelmac284
03-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I too would like to know but because we DO want to go. We are AP's so I am hoping we will get info in advance but I know a lot of times I don't get my magazine till WAY after other people so I usually have to rely on this site or Mouseplanet to tell me.

DH and I want to go and I know they had a lot of problems with the tickets last year so I am hoping we get enough notice that they don't sell out before we can get tickets.

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I too would like to know but because we DO want to go. We are AP's so I am hoping we will get info in advance but I know a lot of times I don't get my magazine till WAY after other people so I usually have to rely on this site or Mouseplanet to tell me.

DH and I want to go and I know they had a lot of problems with the tickets last year so I am hoping we get enough notice that they don't sell out before we can get tickets.

Last year, they started selling the ticket/packages for CP on November 5. I'd just keep my eyes peeled to MP and Dis. I'm sure Darkbeer will report it as soon as it's available.

MATTERHORN
03-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes, last year we got there on the 10th so I know for sure it was the weekend before. I agree that it will be the 1st, I hope because I wanna go the following weekend again~

Andrea

bclydia
03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry, ScooterL it was definitely the 2nd and 3rd of December in 2006. We were there and loved every second of it. Definitely a highlight of our trip.
Yes, it will likely be the 1st and 2nd this year.

scurutchet
03-27-2007, 11:56 PM
My money says it will be the first Saturday in December. Then the CM parties will be the following Tuesday and Wednedsay, the 4th and 5th, I think.

Do they close the park earlier for the parties?? We are planning a trip from Dec 2-Dec 6th.

iceskatejen
03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Yes they close earlier (DL does--DCA stays open later to accomodate guests) than normal--6pm. And it's a hard close--Main Street won't stay open for another hour like it normally does. As soon as the fireworks are over, that's it.

kittysmommy
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'll plan on the 6-10. We try to go every December since that's my favorite time. I love the Christmas decorations, but the one year we went when the CP was taking place wasn't as fun, crowded, and limited our time in DL. Now I just need to finish convincing my DH we really do need that third trip this year!!