PDA

View Full Version : Costco Travel???'s

diznefan76
03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
For those that have booked their vacations thru Costco Travel...were you able to make payments online after you had paid your deposit? My friend and I have booked our trip in September thru Costco Travel and have only paid our deposit...and I haven't found anyplace on their website where we can make payments...Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Peri
03-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I booked through Costco and agree I dont see where to pay so I finally just sent a check to the address on the back of the confirmation letter they sent me - actually to Disneyland Resort Reservations -

Hope that it gets to the right place!

RuthieT
03-26-2007, 05:39 PM
What are the prices like for booking at Costco?

glorib
03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
When we booked through Costco, after we made the initial deposit, I had to call a 1-800 number I believe to make my other payment. Can't remember exactly where I found the number to call, though. Maybe on the website?

DangerMouse
03-26-2007, 05:58 PM
What are the prices like for booking at Costco?

Depends on lodging. I just priced a 4 night stay at the DLH with 3 day parkhoppers for a family of 5. They throw in a free character breakfast and a $20 gift card. The total was $1785.

DisneyCrocsRUS
03-26-2007, 06:02 PM
We booked our 3-night stay at Grand CA stay for end of June thru Costco travel & it was the best price I found (after checking Disney direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Alaskair & several other places). Plus, like PP mentioned, they include the perks of 1 Character Meal, Hopper tix & a $20 GC (I priced these all seperately thru Expedia & other places & Costco had the best price considering all the factors). Not to mention Costco was the only site that had either the DL or GC resorts availalbe for the nights we wanted (Expedia already showed those hotels sold out).

Shortly after I booked thru Costco, our package was sold out as well, so apparently we hopped on it just in time. :cool1: I paid our deposit online last week & just recvd our paperwork from Costco travel the other day. I'm assuming that I can log on or call as it gets closer to our payment due date, and do a CC payment over the phone or online.

We purchased our airfare seperately though because we were doing a multi-city visit for BIL's wedding & DL is sorta a "pit-stop" on our trip to sunny CA. :banana:

hlbtimes2
03-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Did they give you an 8 digit confirmation number? Does it start with an "X"? If yes, you might try logging into the disney site to pay. The reservations with costco link you directly with Disneys site. Its possible you can log on there and make your payment.

rentayenta
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I have booked 2 trips through Costco and my confirmation began with a Y. I was/am able to make payments on line afetr I pull my ressie up.

Hi Linda and Dangermouse! :goodvibes

hlbtimes2
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Hi Jenny!

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I have booked 2 trips through Costco and my confirmation began with a Y. I was/am able to make payments on line afetr I pull my ressie up.

Hiya Jenny! :goodvibes

dizzyami
03-27-2007, 10:44 AM
If you go back to the original costco site (costco-travel-book disney trip) you will see on the bottom right corner a link for "existing reservations". From there you should be able to enter your confirmation # and pay for the trip. We used Costco last October and were able to pay it through the website.

To answer the question on price difference - when I booked it seemed that everything was identical cost wise to the Disney website - but Costco throws in a free character breakfast for everyone in your party, and last year a $20 gift card.

Adi12982
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
If you go back to the original costco site (costco-travel-book disney trip) you will see on the bottom right corner a link for "existing reservations". From there you should be able to enter your confirmation # and pay for the trip. We used Costco last October and were able to pay it through the website.

Thanks for the tip!! (note: you have to go all the way through as if you were going to book again, then it takes you to the costco/disney reservtion page and under where you would put your dates and such if booking if the "existing reservation" link - just adding this because I at least always have trouble finding links like this!)

rentayenta
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Hiya Jenny! :goodvibes

Fun seeing you ladies here! This site rocks! :woohoo:

bumbershoot
03-28-2007, 02:42 AM
diznefan76, OK, first, it's quite a, you know, small world, as I'm right near your town (in U.Place, but looking at Stadium District for places to live b/c we don't like it here in the relative boonies), and we're going to DL about 2 weeks after you. :)

And we booked through Costco.

I've saved this page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/packages/costco/detail?name=CostcoLandingPage&bhcp=1) in my Favorites, and then you click on "existing reservation" down on the right side.

Oh darn, they are down for maintenance tonight, but usually I just put in my reservation number and phone number, and I can see my info, and I know they have a button to make payment. Now, I don't know if you can make smaller, multiple payments, but I know I've seen a payment button. :) But it does say to call (800) 225-2024 if you need to do something while they are down.

Last week I decided to downgrade us (thanks to ghastly power bills, over 700 bucks over the last 5 months!!!!) from Paradise Pier and the dining plan (after realizing that it doesn't save any money), to no dining plan and the Carousel, and I called some number I found for Costco Disney travel (I think I called the Costco travel number and chose "disney" from the phone tree), and I was routed directly to Disney. Which was cool. Because they were sweet to me. :)

Have fun!

So if all else fails, you can just do that

Peri
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Just to follow up - I sent my check for the balance to the disney resort address on the reciept for the deposit and got a confirmation of paid in full so it seems they will take our money no matter how we serve it up! ha ha

2GuysSeattle
04-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Regarding the pricing, I just checked two days ago and Costco's pricing was identical to the Disneyland pricing, with the extras if the character breakfast and the $20 gift card. I'm not into character meals, so for me it was a better deal to book through AAA.

lisadoll93
04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Is it only for packages? Or can you do just hotels?