PDA

View Full Version : Added a Day . . .need your help!

Adi12982
03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I know that I should possibly post this elsewhere, but you all have been so helpful.

DH and I have been talking and thought it would be nuts to go to California and not see the Pacific. So I called AA and we were able to leave a day earlier for FREE (since it was miles award travel since they had room, it was free to change)! So I booked a car for when we arrive in LA on Saturday so we can go to the beach, and we are able to return the car in Anaheim (on Katella - thanks to a Dis tip). Plus we added the "never lost" GPS to the car (so we can feel ok about travelling around).

Now for the questions - (1) where is a nice affordable place to stay on/near the beach - we want to be able to spend the day we get there at the beach and maybe enjoy Cali beach life?? Our most important criteria is a nice place to see the ocean, CLEAN, cheap as possible. We have Costco and AAA, if that helps :confused3: We would also like to sort of stay in the area, we will be in a car, but we don't want to have to be hours away :)

(2) Where do you reccomend we grocery shop before returning the car?? We really just need milk and water and maybe some breakfast things. . . .

Thanks for any tips/help!

So here is our plan as it stands:

Saturday: Arrive at LAX around 2pm, get rental car, head to beach

Sunday: Enjoy beach in am, check-out, head to anaheim, grocery shop, check into hotel, return car, DTD and then night tour of LA (they will pick us up from our hotel at 5pm, and be dropped off after around 9/9:30)

Monday - Friday: Grand Californian, enjoy Disneyland/DCA :)

Friday: flight leaves around 9:30 pm from LAX, arrive back in DC at 5 am Saturday

Adi12982
03-26-2007, 06:54 AM
bumping this up - I need your wisdom!

sharoncity
03-26-2007, 07:53 AM
After much research of the Santa Monica area, we booked the Santa Monica Fairmont. I liked the idea of the Santa Monica area (eating and shopping) and Venice Beach (for all the unique sights). We are staying there for 2 nights in April. :thumbsup2

Adi12982
03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Do you have a link to the website? THANKS!

No one else has any thoughts/opinions??? I need your help for an affordable place :)

labagit
03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I have no places to recommend, but try www.tripadvisor for reviews of places if you have areas narrowed down.

disneegrl4eva
03-26-2007, 04:19 PM
you should try posting this question on the southern california forum on here...you will probably get much better replies

Adi12982
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I did post there and actually have gotten only one responce - thanks for the tip though.

casaazul
03-26-2007, 07:04 PM
I have spent most of my time in Huntington Beach, my cousins live there. I think there is a Best Western there. Also look into Laguna Beach and Dana Point, we stayed at a motel right across from the beach in Dana Point, but that was a few years ago and I can't seem to find it now. Probably changed names.

Sorry I can't help more, we are lucky to have family to stay with. Do have fun on the beach. Go to Huntington Pier, there is a neat kite shop on the pier and lots of fun beach and surf shops.

Enjoy,