PDA

View Full Version : pirates premiere - question !!??

blue51
03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
it's may 19th and the park closes at 5pm, correct?

would this be a good or not good day to go to disneyland, crowd-wise?

i don't mind that it closes early as by 5pm the kids will be tired anyway. he have 5 day passes too, so that part is not a concern.

i am worried about crowds. it's a saturday... and the only reason we'd go on a saturday is because we arrive the evening before and the kids will be itching to go ASAP.

thoughts?

iceskatejen
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Not a good day to hit either DL or DCA--going to be PACKED. Granted most will be on Main Street, but much of the park (most of the west side) will be blocked off.

blue51
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
so why main street? what time is the premiere?

DLand_LVR
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
They will have a red carpet all the way down mainstreet heading towards POTC ride... The park opens at 6:00 a.m. so people will try to stake out spots along the street to catch a glimpse of the movie stars walking the red carpet. Then after the park closes around 5:00 or 6:00 there is a huge screen set up on Rivers of America for the movie premier that is invitation only. Most of the section around POTC ride will be blocked off to the public to prepare for the viewing.

Unless movie stars are your thing pirate: ... you might want to avoid this day. It'll be chaos! :scared1:

blue51
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
ok so will california adventure be ok to go to this day??

DLand_LVR
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna assume it'll be crowded... Just because DL will close early and DCA will stay open later than usual to accomodate the DL public. I bet the people who are vacationing that week and did not know the premier was gonna happen will be surprised and might try to avoid DL that day. So, I bet a lot of people will be going to DCA instead.