PDA

View Full Version : Another Quick Question

Adi12982
03-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Which Direction does ELP go (i.e. here does it start and where does it end?) , from Paradise Pier to the front, or the other way around. I did a search and could not find anything. THANKS!

DisQueen
03-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I think it ends at Paradise Pier.

tinkerbelt
03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
It starts at Paradise Pier. At least it did last night. :)

familyoffiveAZ
03-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Whenever we've been, it ended at Paradise Pier.

tinkerbelt
03-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Is it possible that it rotates? The Parade of Dreams will start at one end of the park for the afternoon show, and then in the evening, it will start at the other end of the park. So maybe the DEP alternates each day so that they don't have to move the floats all the way back across the park for the next day's showing.

HydroGuy
03-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Is it possible that it rotates? The Parade of Dreams will start at one end of the park for the afternoon show, and then in the evening, it will start at the other end of the park. So maybe the DEP alternates each day so that they don't have to move the floats all the way back across the park for the next day's showing.Originally (that was a couple years ago) it ended at PP and started in Sunshine Plaza. However, in 2005 folks who saw the start in Sunshine Plaza were rushing over to DL afterwards to try and see the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show. As discussed recently, this led to a traffic control nightmare.

So, DLR changed the direction of the parade to make this much harder. I am pretty sure that it has started at PP ever since.

DangerMouse
03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I agree with Hydroguy. The last two times we have seen it (and we plan all our trips around when the EP is running), the parade started at PP.

Oh, and their plan didn't keep me from fitting both in! I'm still able to catch both the EP and make it over to DL for fireworks. :dance3:

Adi12982
03-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh, and their plan didn't keep me from fitting both in! I'm still able to catch both the EP and make it over to DL for fireworks. :dance3:

That is more why I was asking - what do you suggest? Should I watch from PP? Sneak out through GCH? Please help :)

DangerMouse
03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
This is what worked for us in January. We watched the EP right across from the Golden Zephyr. Once we saw the America float at the end, we stood up and walked briskly toward Golden Dreams, turned left then turned right and took the trail behind GRR. Once we got through Condor Flats area and to the Sunshine Plaza the parade was just getting there. We flew across the esplanade and into DL (and yes, the CM's move extra s l o w during this time). We got half way down Main St. and had a perfect place to watch the fireworks 5 minutes before they started.

Hope this plan of attack works for you!