PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Canobie Lake Park meet--Sunday, June 24, 2007

TLinden16
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey New Englanders,

Who's up for the third annual Canobie Lake Park meet. This year, we will be having the meet on Sunday, June 24th. We've had a blast at the meet the past two years, and have so much fun hanging out together, riding all the rides.

So, if you came before, come on back and meet us again. If you haven't joined us before, you don't want to miss this one.

Details on times and meeting places will be announced closer to the date of the event.

Official meet times:

11:00 a.m.--In front of the Carousel, which is right inside the entrance to the right. (Please note that I will not be at this meet because my ride thinks singing at church is more important than getting me to the meet on time--hehe).

12:30 p.m.--the International Food Plaza

5:00 p.m.--at the big fountain behind the entrance to the sky ride, not far from the Vertigo Theatre

It seems like we have a smaller group this year, so we may even decide not to bother with the 5:00 p.m. meet if we are all hanging out together anyways.

Kitty-chan
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Yay, count me in! I wanted to come last time but had to miss it. So, I just put June 24 on my calendar. DS10 would likely be with me.

goofy4tink
03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
:thumbsup2

TLinden16
03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Diane, are you driving Jerry?

goofy4tink
03-23-2007, 06:07 AM
But of course!!!! You know how he loves hanging with us....and he absolutely loved that Surfing ride last year....he wouldn't miss this for anything!!! Gets him in the mood for JR!!!!

Patsfan7
03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I am going to put it on my calendar too! I hope that I can go! If so, it would be me and my DD (5) and DS (1). NO DH because he works on Sundays. Sounds like an awesome thing to do with the kids!!!!:thumbsup2

newholidayx2
03-24-2007, 06:44 AM
put me on the list too - just added to my calendar - thanks for the headsup

magiroux
03-25-2007, 12:43 AM
WooHoo :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nothing like flying chunks and meeting up with 'ole friends...that's what I always say :goodvibes

Miss Julia and I will be there for sure :thumbsup2 .

goofy4tink
03-27-2007, 07:24 AM
:jumping2:

SmallWorld71
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm pretty new to the DIS, but this sounds like fun. :yay: Subscribing so I can get the details.

magiroux
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty new to the DIS, but this sounds like fun. :yay: Subscribing so I can get the details.

This is the 3rd CLP Meet and they have been a lot of fun in the past. So glad you are going to try to make it & :welcome: to the DIS!!

SmallWorld71
03-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome!:)

CamColt
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
WooHoo :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Nothing like flying chunks and meeting up with 'ole friends...that's what I always say :goodvibes

Miss Julia and I will be there for sure :thumbsup2 .

ROFL!!!!!!

I havent been able to make one of these yet, but I'm trying for this year. :thumbsup2 Hopefully darn spring sports don't get in the way.

magiroux
03-31-2007, 09:44 AM
:cool1: :cool1: Hope you can make it!!! Do the boys play softball??

seashoreCM
04-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Does anyone recall what the crowds and wait times were like on the previous two Canobie DIS meets?

CamColt
04-01-2007, 01:34 PM
:cool1: :cool1: Hope you can make it!!! Do the boys play softball??

They both do soccer but that should be done by the 24th. However we are already starting a week later than planned due to the fields not being ready because of the weather, and we never know how many rainouts/make ups we will have. Last year it was so bad they just finally said the season is over, no more games, LOL!

Then theres tball for Colt and baseball for Cam. That usually goes more toward the end of June. But we don't have a schedule yet (try outs were just today) and again theres the whole make up issue if we have a rainy spring. :rolleyes: My stressful time of year is beginning. :headache:

jonestavern
04-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Magiroux! :love:

Chris & I will try to make it!

Patrick is off on the class trip to Europe, I'll have to check his travel dates.

Bringing our refillable cups!

Jean & Chris

goofy4tink
04-05-2007, 06:18 AM

Patrick is off on the class trip to Europe, I'll have to check his travel dates.

Jean & Chris

No 'trying' just do it!!! You have to be there. So, can we safely assume that Patrick is going to Europe to avoid us this year?? Understandable.
Now, we have to round up Angus and family!!!!

jonestavern
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
No 'trying' just do it!!! You have to be there. So, can we safely assume that Patrick is going to Europe to avoid us this year?? Understandable.
Now, we have to round up Angus and family!!!!

Don't breathe too easily just yet, he just may be available! :teeth:
Being the concerned, involved parents that we are, I don't recall his departure date!
I have to think of blandishments & bribes to wheedle him into going with us..now let's see...lovely girls...Fraggles?

Yep, I need Janice my partner in cryin' ! :eek:

Jean

TLinden16
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes, we need Chris and Jean with us this year! Woot woot.

I'll PM Aengus about it.

aengus
04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
OK... I have to check the dates out, but we will probably there :)

It's been an entire year since being insulted publically on dark rides :)

TLinden16
04-05-2007, 06:10 PM

And I have new material. Tick tock.

Aengus is so not lava ;)

harrycalder
04-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Bummer...I was looking forward to joining you guys again this year, but my annual Coaster Convention conflicts with the date you selected. If all goes to plan I'll be at Camden Park in WV when you're all at Canobie. Generally, the weekend of Father's Day and the following weekend are always bad for me, since that's usually Convention time. If anyone wants a second dose of Canobie later in the year, I'll probably be up for it. Aside from August 18-19, my July/August weekend schedule is clear for the moment. Have fun in June!

-Jason

magiroux
04-06-2007, 05:28 AM

Jean & Chris

Your Welcome :hug:

Shhhhhh:ssst: , on the refillable cup thing :stir: :stir: :rotfl2:

Glad that you can make it :thumbsup2

goofy4tink
04-06-2007, 07:09 AM
OK... I have to check the dates out, but we will probably there :)

Yay!!! Hope your dd is coming. My Katie really enjoyed meeting her last summer!!

goofy4tink
04-13-2007, 08:41 AM
:bounce:

MEG&MINNIE
04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
:thumbsup2 Maybe dd and I can make it to another CLP meet again this year...no plans so far for that date. It was great meeting all of you last summer !!! My dd will get her Lime Green Crocs out and ready for this meet . Hoping to be there!:thumbsup2

qruthie
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh my, I guess I should be there then!

WOO!

TLinden16
04-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Yay Q! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

jonestavern
04-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Bummer...I was looking forward to joining you guys again this year, but my annual Coaster Convention conflicts with the date you selected. If all goes to plan I'll be at Camden Park in WV when you're all at Canobie. Generally, the weekend of Father's Day and the following weekend are always bad for me, since that's usually Convention time. If anyone wants a second dose of Canobie later in the year, I'll probably be up for it. Aside from August 18-19, my July/August weekend schedule is clear for the moment. Have fun in June!

-Jason
Hi Jason the Bold!
We're into a CLP reprise in August!
:thumbsup2 Maybe dd and I can make it to another CLP meet again this year...no plans so far for that date. It was great meeting all of you last summer !!! My dd will get her Lime Green Crocs out and ready for this meet . Hoping to be there!:thumbsup2
Hoping you & yr lovely DD can make it! :woohoo:
Oh my, I guess I should be there then!

WOO!
See you there! :cheer2:

Everyone start practicing yr Whack-A-Mole technique!

Jean

goofy4tink
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
August 18-19 would be fun. Ooopss, I'll be in Florida!!!!;) :lmao: But have fun anyway.

MEG&MINNIE
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
August 18-19 would be fun. Ooopss, I'll be in Florida!!!!;) :lmao: But have fun anyway.

We'll be at WDW during that time,too ....haven't finalized the exact dates but dd11 and I will be staying @ POP and ? Swan/Dolphin ....can't wait :cool1: .

harrycalder
04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm not sure if the recent references to August 18-19 were in regard to my previous posting, but just by way of clarification, August 18-19 would be the one weekend in the July/August time frame during which I could NOT make it (I'll be at a coaster event at Funtown in Maine). There's also a chance that I won't be available July 28 due to another event, but I'm not sure if I'll be attending it. If not, no problem (and I'd say it's about 70/30 in favor of me not attending that particular event, which means I'll probably be a go for 7/28 if that's the best date for everyone else). Take care.

-Jason

stina
04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
If the Canobie Lake meet is indeed June 24, I'd like to go! (me + 1) I missed the last one so I am looking forward to it. So what do you do at the Canobie meet? Do you have an official meeting or does everyone just do their own thing at the park?

Also, I'll get in a little shameless DISmeet promotion here... :rolleyes1 I'm also holding a DISmeet MAY 5 at Southwick's Zoo in Mendon, MA. Picnic and zoo meet. So please head on over to my thread (poorly) titled New England DISmeet March/April if you are interested in attending that one as well. The more the merrier!

stina :wave2:

goofy4tink
04-22-2007, 04:37 PM
If the Canobie Lake meet is indeed June 24, I'd like to go! (me + 1) I missed the last one so I am looking forward to it. So what do you do at the Canobie meet? Do you have an official meeting or does everyone just do their own thing at the park?

Also, I'll get in a little shameless DISmeet promotion here... :rolleyes1 I'm also holding a DISmeet MAY 5 at Southwick's Zoo in Mendon, MA. Picnic and zoo meet. So please head on over to my thread (poorly) titled New England DISmeet March/April if you are interested in attending that one as well. The more the merrier!

We are indeed on for 6/24!!! We generally have a meeting spot for the morning group and then another meeting spot for later in the day. We had two waves of people last year. Anyway, we tend to go in a herd from ride to ride. Some break off and do their own thing. It's pretty footloose and fancy free....whatever people feel like doing.
Wish I could be at Southwick's...sounds like a ton of fun, but I guess I should probably be at my dd's concert. It's kinda a big deal for her.

stina
04-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Cool! :cool1: I'm looking forward to a day at Canobie Lake Park. Haven't been there since I was a kid!

TLinden16
04-26-2007, 04:44 AM
The Canobie Lake meets have been a lot of fun. It does seem like a core group of us hang out together, and ride the rides together. And for some reason, we always seem to make it to the rides right after someone else has blown chunks--thankfully not someone who is with our group.

goofy4tink
04-26-2007, 06:41 AM
The Canobie Lake meets have been a lot of fun. It does seem like a core group of us hang out together, and ride the rides together. And for some reason, we always seem to make it to the rides right after someone else has blown chunks--thankfully not someone who is with our group.

All hail Princess Blow Chunks and Lady Bucket Carrier princess: :eek: !!!!

bigsis1970
04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure if the recent references to August 18-19 were in regard to my previous posting, but just by way of clarification, August 18-19 would be the one weekend in the July/August time frame during which I could NOT make it (I'll be at a coaster event at Funtown in Maine). There's also a chance that I won't be available July 28 due to another event, but I'm not sure if I'll be attending it. If not, no problem (and I'd say it's about 70/30 in favor of me not attending that particular event, which means I'll probably be a go for 7/28 if that's the best date for everyone else). Take care.

-Jason

Hey Jason - I would set up a meet at Funtown but I'm gonna be in Disney that weekend, bummer.. Have fun up here .. Michelle

CamColt
04-28-2007, 03:14 PM
All hail Princess Blow Chunks and Lady Bucket Carrier princess: :eek: !!!!

Did someone say bucket? DH & I plan to pick up a few Thursday night at PI! :cool1:

As of now Cams last baseball game is Saturday the 23rd and likely they wouldnt have games 2 days in a row if he makes the playoffs! :yay: However if they get as desperate with the make ups as they did last year, they could. But as of now, nothing is scheduled for the 24th! :cheer2:

newholidayx2
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
June 24 sounds good to me
Their hours that day are 11am-10pm, cost per adult is $28
they're about one hour from Worcester

DisneyAddict_M
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey, just heard about this on the CB. :) Ummm.....once again (like last year), I may be there. However, again like last year, my dd is with her father that weekend. I would hate to go alone as she would love it. :( So I'm up in the air, but I'll try to make it. :) I'm about a 10 minute drive from CLP, so it would be a shame to miss it again since I'm so close and all. :)

newholidayx2
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
glad you found us
I'll most likely also be going solo unless there is another teenager 15&+ for DS

Margie J
05-09-2007, 02:09 PM
I think I can make this meet. I'll put it on the calendar.

ImprovGal
05-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Ack! Another New England meet I can't make!
I'd like to go, but I'll be over at Disneyland Paris that day. Oh well. Perhaps I'll be able to make the next gathering!

aengus
05-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Bad news & MORE bad news

First the bad news. Janice and the kids are going to GA that weekend now and won't be able to attend.

and now the bad news...

I can still make it !!! WOOT!

Kitty-chan
05-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Ack! Another New England meet I can't make!
I'd like to go, but I'll be over at Disneyland Paris that day. Oh well. Perhaps I'll be able to make the next gathering!

I am green green green with envy!!! Have a wonderful time!

TLinden16
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
So sad that Aengus' family won't make it. Why aren't they taking him with them? Oh wait, they see him more than us. They want to get rid of them.

Just kidding, Aengus. Tune that clock so you won't be late ;)

goofy4tink
05-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Kate will be disappointed about the family not going, but we're thrilled you'll be with us Aengus!!!! Get those 'woo-hoo's' ready everyone!!!

TLinden16
05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Aengus is so not lava.

goofy4tink
05-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Falling a bit far down....back up we go!!! Anyone else up to the challenge of CLP??

Hedy
05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I'll be away then. I keep ing missing these DIS meets.

kaytieeldr
05-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Falling a bit far down....back up we go!!! Anyone else up to the challenge of CLP??

Okay, despite what I've been told... I've never been to Canobie Lake Park. I suppose... if I can get up at a reasonable time... and the weather's okay... and you all promise to wait on me hand and foot... ;)

goofy4tink
05-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay, despite what I've been told... I've never been to Canobie Lake Park. I suppose... if I can get up at a reasonable time... and the weather's okay... and you all promise to wait on me hand and foot... ;)

Ahhh, Ronda..I'm usually pretty busy waiting on Karen, but I think I can spare a few moments for you too!! Sure would be nice to finally meet you!!!

SeaSpray
06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll be driving back from the Jersey Shore on June 24.... Are there any other New England/Boston meets planned for the summer or fall?? :sunny:

Have fun, everyone that's going!! :cool2:

goofy4tink
06-04-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll be driving back from the Jersey Shore on June 24.... Are there any other New England/Boston meets planned for the summer or fall?? :sunny:

Have fun, everyone that's going!! :cool2:
There has been talk of a fall meet in Boston proper, perhaps doing a Duck Tour as well. But, nothing firmed up yet. Stay tuned...we'll post it here if it happens.

CamColt
06-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm still hoping! :bitelip:

So far we have had 2 rain outs and both have been rescheduled, with the 24th still free. :woohoo: I hate not knowing until the last minute! :headache:

magiroux
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm still hoping! :bitelip:

So far we have had 2 rain outs and both have been rescheduled, with the 24th still free. :woohoo: I hate not knowing until the last minute! :headache:

:woohoo: WooHoo :woohoo:

......here's hoping pixiedust: there are no more games that need to be made up between now and then. Julia would so love to see your boys again :)

jonestavern
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Patrick is leaving for Europe (the England, France, Spain--is this Friday? Are we in Belgium? tour) on the 24th--hopefully Chris & I will make CLP! :cloud9:

If I can't make it (may be in Minnesota!) I will send all three refillable mugs w/Chris :rotfl:

CLP refillables are different than WDWs--once you buy a cup the you pay only half price for refills

Meanwhile, everyone be practicing your map - reading - in - the middle - of - the - pathway skills!

Jean

travelin' tigger
06-06-2007, 07:43 AM
We are indeed on for 6/24!!! We generally have a meeting spot for the morning group and then another meeting spot for later in the day. We had two waves of people last year. Anyway, we tend to go in a herd from ride to ride. Some break off and do their own thing. It's pretty footloose and fancy free....whatever people feel like doing.
Wish I could be at Southwick's...sounds like a ton of fun, but I guess I should probably be at my dd's concert. It's kinda a big deal for her.
Scanning thru the posts, I couldn't find out if a time has been determined yet. I have to work in the morning, but would like to try and meet up with y'all...

goofy4tink
06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Nope, no time has been put in place. I think that last year we did two time frames, so that those going in the morning could all meet up at a set time and then a later timed meet in the afternoon. That seemed to work out pretty well. Stay tuned...I'm sure we'll come up with some times to meet up.

BTW....we have info about our fall Boston meet up...head over and let us know what date works best for you all!!

newholidayx2
06-06-2007, 06:15 PM
where have you met before? i believe their hours that day are 11am-10pm - do they have a group rate? do you usually stay all day/night? pack lunches?
im interested in coming along but id need to be someones taglong as most likely i'll be a solo

goofy4tink
06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I think that last year we met up at park opening, right inside the entrance, then again a bit later at lunchtime. Then, we got together late afternoon for the later arrivals.
We didn't get a group rate or anything. Just paid the regular admission. We bought lunch there in the park. We stayed till closing if I remember correctly. Or at least it was pretty late when we left.
I already have to pick up some others and have a full car at this point. Perhaps someone else has room in their car?

magiroux
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Yep, we had two meeting times because I remember some people couldn't make it until after opening, so we had a second time around lunch. We pretty much just hang together and last year the lines were so long it really gave us a chance to socialize while waiting for rides. Later in the day, some just hung out and blabbed while others went off to do more rides and we would find them right where we left them.

It really is a pretty laid back DIS Meet where if you want to hang with the group the whole day you can, but if you want to meet up then do your own thing for a while and meet up again later, that works too. It's all good :hippie: :hippie:

Hope you can make it, Barbara. I enjoyed meeting you at Southwick's :)

newholidayx2
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
thanks - i am planning on attending (also planning on calling in sick the following day)
have my own car so thats not a problem - will be hanging out w/everyone once i get there

maryann - I enjoyed meeting you too - Southwicks was fun as Im sure CLP will be too

newholidayx2
06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
we're getting closer - anyone want to decide on times?

kaytieeldr
06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
BTW....we have info about our fall Boston meet up...head over and let us know what date works best for you all!! Ahem. Apparently some people are not yet aware that the date with the most votes is NOT a Fall date? Yep, that's right. Autumn starts at 1:34 AM on September 23, 2007,,,,

TLinden16
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I'll arrange for meeting places soon. I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to deal with it.

goofy4tink
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Ahem. Apparently some people are not yet aware that the date with the most votes is NOT a Fall date? Yep, that's right. Autumn starts at 1:34 AM on September 23, 2007,,,,

Well then....I'm seriously considering just calling Sept 23, 2007 the official DIS Boston meet day!!! Is there any way you are going to be able to get to any of our meets Ronda??? Come on girl, you know you want to, you really do!!!

goofy4tink
06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
we're getting closer - anyone want to decide on times?

We'll try to get those done over the weekend...I'm sure some of us are going to be there right at park opening anyway, and then hanging until the bitter end.

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 05:26 AM
Looks like I'm not going to make it for park opening! I may be a bit tardy since I have to be at church until about 10:15ish...I have to be there to sing one particular piece of music and then I'm outa there!!! But, I don't think I can be there for opening!

magiroux
06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
I am going to be coming down from N Conway, NH and I can be there for 10:45 (I think they let you in a bit ealier than posted opening) and can meet others just inside the park (by the pool).

Did we want to set up a second meet place time for a little later in the day??

kaytieeldr
06-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, September 23 is out, too - I'm going away somewhere that entire week... let me think,,, where is it again? Oh, yeah - I'm going to Disney World!!!

But Canobie Lake Park looks promising...

goofy4tink
06-15-2007, 07:11 AM
I am going to be coming down from N Conway, NH and I can be there for 10:45 (I think they let you in a bit ealier than posted opening) and can meet others just inside the park (by the pool).

Did we want to set up a second meet place time for a little later in the day??

Perhaps we can meet for lunch at that lunch place we were at last year? We could plan on meeting about 1:00 or so, then again late afternoonish, for those who arrive after lunch.

Well, September 23 is out, too - I'm going away somewhere that entire week... let me think,,, where is it again? Oh, yeah - I'm going to Disney World!!!

But Canobie Lake Park looks promising...

I am so NOT feeling badly for you, I am not!!!!! Where's that tongue sticking out smilie!!!??? But I sure do hope you can make it to CLP...I would love to finally meet you!

newholidayx2
06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
1045/11am at the pool area sounds good

whats the lunch place youre referring to?

TLinden16
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I'll post official times and meet places tomorrow when I have time to look at the map.

I was looking at the map yesterday, and it looks like they took out the pool.

magiroux
06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
1045/11am at the pool area sounds good

whats the lunch place youre referring to?

I *think* it was the International Food Plaza

I'll post official times and meet places tomorrow when I have time to look at the map.

I was looking at the map yesterday, and it looks like they took out the pool.

Well, I'm not surprised...I don't think I ever saw anyone in it. I guess that won't work for a meeting place will it? :rotfl:

goofy4tink
06-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Most likely when they added the water park area, no one wanted to be a regular ole pool!!!
And yes, that was the spot we ate at.

TLinden16
06-16-2007, 07:20 AM
OK, how does this sound for the official meet times:

11:00 a.m.--In front of the Carousel, which is right inside the entrance to the right. (Please note that I will not be at this meet because my ride thinks singing at church is more important than getting me to the meet on time--hehe).

5:00 p.m.--at the big fountain behind the entrance to the sky ride, not far from the Vertigo Theatre

It seems like we have a smaller group this year, so we may even decide not to bother with the 5:00 p.m. meet if we are all hanging out together anyways.

Let me know what you all think of this

goofy4tink
06-16-2007, 07:46 AM
OK, how does this sound for the official meet times:

Hey, sometimes you just gotta prioritize!!! I'll know better tomorrow after church. I need to see who is going to be singing before I can take it off completely. As some of you are aware, I have a very big mouth....if I'm gone from the choir loft, it can leave a gaping hole in certain pieces of music. But, if there are enough sopranos there, then I can beat feet to pick up her most royal highness, the queen of all things DIS...oh, and I'll swing by and pick you up too Karen!!!!!:rolleyes1

Meet times and places sound good to me!! See you all in a bit more than a week!!

magiroux
06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
That all works for me. I am leaving tomorrow for N Conway for the week. DD, Julia and I will be at the Carousel for 11am. I'll be the one with the flat, pasty white face tripping over my own shoes :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

goofy4tink
06-16-2007, 08:48 AM
That all works for me. I am leaving tomorrow for N Conway for the week. DD, Julia and I will be at the Carousel for 11am. I'll be the one with the flat, pasty white face tripping over my own shoes :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Let's not forget the very stringy hair!!!!

newholidayx2
06-18-2007, 08:38 AM
whats everyone bringing? drinks/snacks? bathing suits?

TLinden16
06-18-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm just bringing me and money.

TLinden16
06-18-2007, 08:50 AM

goofy4tink
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Ah, so you'll just be bringing yourself and money??

whats everyone bringing? drinks/snacks? bathing suits?

Most buy stuff to eat right at the park. Some bring swim suits, some don't. I may this time, just to have it in case I want to do the water area, or dd does. We haven't swum in the past, but you can just never tell what will happen. If it's brutally hot, then some may opt for the water park area. They do have lockers there, so you can leave stuff in one.

TLinden16
06-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Just to make it clear, I'm just bring myself, and money, and probably sunblock, too.

I am not bringing a swimsuit. No one needs to see me in a swim suit.

travelin' tigger
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
It's my weekend on at work which kills the morning, then found out I have to go to a baby shower - would much rather be at CLP with my DIS friends!!! :rolleyes1

goofy4tink
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
It's my weekend on at work which kills the morning, then found out I have to go to a baby shower - would much rather be at CLP with my DIS friends!!! :rolleyes1

Well that's a bummer Barb!!! We'll miss you but maybe the next meet will work out for you.

stina
06-21-2007, 06:44 AM
Bad news. Can't make it to the CLP meet. :sad1:

I'm so bummed, I've been looking forward to this for a while. For all you ladies I hung out with at the Southwick Zoo meet, I'll miss you! Have a great time for me. Perhaps I'll be able to catch up with you at the fall/ducktour meet.

newholidayx2
06-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Stina - sorry you cant make it - maybe next time

so who is coming? and what time are you expected? Im aiming for 11am

aengus
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I can still make it @_@

who else is going? :) Not sure yet if I will be 11:00 or 12:30 yet.

kaytieeldr
06-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Well that's a bummer Barb!!! We'll miss you but maybe the next meet will work out for you.
Oh, would that be the meet specifically scheduled to EXclude me? Anyway, I will be at this one, probably at 11 but who knows? Oh, and speaking of "who knows"... who knows what stores there are around CLP that I can get cigarettes at a good price?

goofy4tink
06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh, would that be the meet specifically scheduled to EXclude me? Anyway, I will be at this one, probably at 11 but who knows? Oh, and speaking of "who knows"... who knows what stores there are around CLP that I can get cigarettes at a good price?
Yes indeedy...that would be the one!!! Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to finally meeting you!!! I'm sure there are a bunch of places once you get over the state line. But, I can't give you any specifics!!!
I've kinda lost track of who's coming and who isn't. Perhaps Karen has a better idea??

kaytieeldr
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Not to throw a damper on things (no pun intended) but do we have a rain date, or do we go in the rain anyway?

TLinden16
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
We do not have a rain date (we had a hard enough time coming up with this date). If it's pouring rain, I'll post by 9:00 that the meet is cancelled.

goofy4tink
06-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Weather of this morning calls for sunny, but possible/probably thunder showers late afternoon tomorrow. Looks like we should be okay for the most part. Here's hoping!!!

newholidayx2
06-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Im hoping to be there by opening
and leaving by 7pmish as Id like to get mostly home before it gets dark

Kitty-chan
06-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm planning to be there at opening too . . . I have to be back in Boston by about 5:30, so I can't stay all day.

Stina, I'm sorry we'll miss you! You and I keep just barely missing each other, one of these days we gotta get together.

CamColt
06-23-2007, 03:35 PM
:sad: Just when I thought I was in the clear, we finished the last game of the season this afternoon, when the coach announced hes having a cookout/pool party at his house for the team...TOMORROW!!!!!!! :eek: Nothing like giving us notice, but that is typical for anything related to Little League. :rolleyes:

So, I guess I won't be there. Ill just have to wait until the fall for my Dis meet fix...and of course December. :cool1: I guess putting up with all this sport stuff is worth it when I get my long weekend away every December. :rolleyes1

kaytieeldr
06-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Um, how am I going to know you all? Is somebody going to be holding Flat Martha in the air? Or is it likely we'll be the only 'group' gathering in front of the Carousel? Keep in mind, I've never been there before...

aengus
06-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Karen can you update post #1 to have the times and locations for the meets :)

Kitty-chan
06-23-2007, 08:52 PM
DS10 won't be joining me after all . . . but I'm still coming.

I'll be the chick with the short bleached blonde hair and the Scopa Towers t-shirt. . . .I'll also check back with this thread before heading out in the AM, hoping for details on where and when to meet. pirate:

Kitty-chan
06-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, I'd missed it somehow, but in case anybody else needs it here's the info on where and when to meet:

TLinden16
06-23-2007, 09:42 PM
I'll wear my gray shirt that says Jellyrolls on it. I have brown hair and glasses (which will have the dark lenses out in the sun).

aengus
06-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I believe i will be there for the 12:30 at the international food plaza

kaytieeldr
06-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Okay, well, I have red hair with gray roots, and I will try to locate and wear my gray DISBoards t-shirt.

eta: Oh, and duh. I'll be using a "mobility assistance device", probably a crutch.

goofy4tink
06-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Don't you people seleep!!??? I'll be the dark redhead (no roots as of Thursday!!), with jean capris, yellow tee shirt, possible Mickey denim shirt, with yellow Crocs, with tall redheaded kid with glasses.
See you all in a few hours.

kaytieeldr
06-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Since you asked... yes, I do sleep. Let's see, last night I fell asleep around 8:30, woke up around 10:15, fell back to sleep before 11, woke up again around 12:30-1 AM... went to bed about 3:30, woke up around two hours later, went back to sleep...

Anyway, okay, I'm dressed and ready to go. I'm wearing a green-and-white striped top and green pants, and turquoise Crocs. I have Airwalks that "go" better (and are WAY more distinctive ;)) but those squeak. And I'm leaving now. See you all in a bit!

goofy4tink
06-25-2007, 05:43 AM
Good morning everyone!! Just wanted to check in and say 'Hi' to you all. It was so great finally getting to meet Ronda, and meeting Jen for the first time. It was fun getting to know Barb better, and hang out with some old friends too...hi Chris, Karen, MaryAnn, and Aengus. A lot of fun was had.....hope to see more of you guys next time around!!! You missed a fun day....that Haunted Mine was pretty scary!!!

newholidayx2
06-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Good morning - yes the DISmeet was lots of fun. Glad I had the chance to meet everyone. MaryAnn good to see you again.

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 06:34 AM
hope to see more of you guys next time around Yes, well, we all know she's not addressing me... But seriously - I had a fantastic time! It really was great getting to spend time with "friends I didn't know yet". Everybody there was really, really nice and friendly. We had a blast (and I know now that rides which go around in circles do NOT agree with me)!

goofy4tink
06-25-2007, 06:36 AM
So true Ronda...but at least you gave some the old college try!!!! 'WIPEOUT'!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, and as petty as it may seem, I genuinely want to thank Diane for spelling my name correctly! And for yelling it all over the park yesterday :umbrella:

goofy4tink
06-25-2007, 07:40 AM
I really only 'yelled' it over and over one time....just didn't want to embarrass myself by walking up to a complete stranger!! So, just yelled 'Ronda, oh Ronda!!", only to have you ask 'Ronda who?' Yeah, like I would have known your last name!!!!! And I guess there were a few times I yelled over to you on a ride or two...just wanted you to know we were there!!!
I can't tell you you how nice it is to finally have a face to put with your posts!!!!

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Speaking of faces... was anybody able to delete those candid shots Chris took yesterday?

TLinden16
06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I had fun too. Slept a little later than normal, but still made it to work on time :)

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Aengus singing with CL5 yesterday. It would have been so much fun.

It's always a blast tormenting Diane:

I'm looking over my dead dog rover
That I over looked before
One leg is broken
The other is lame
I ran him over with my choo choo train
No use explaining the leg remaining
It's out on the kitchen floor
I'm looking over my dead dog Rover
That I overlooked before

Thanks for making the day so much fun and being so nice to my niece.

Kitty-chan
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey check it, CL5's on MySpace: here (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=101889225)

Aengus, I didn't see you listed in their friends . . . just an oversight I imagine?

magiroux
06-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Another awesome CLP Meet!! I can report that HRH was returned safely to her castle last night and all is well in the Kingdom princess:

Julia and I really enjoyed ourselves and it was great meeting you, Rhonda & Jennifer and seeing old friends!!! I hope everyone can make it to the Boston Meet this fall (er, except for you Rhonda, because well, you're EXcluded - JK, really wish you could make it :flower3: ). Sorry I missed you leaving Jen - I was off snagging a PB&J out of the locker (rule breaker that I am), but it was great fun hanging out with you and Rhonda talking Disney!!!

As far as candid photos, post away Chris.....can't be any worse than what is already floating around on the internet of me :rolleyes: . Sorry we never got that group photo :confused3 . I missed Jean yesterday and hope she is feeling better :flower3:

tigger, stina & CamColt - sorry you guys couldn't make - Julia asked where the boys from the Poly beach were?? :). Hope to see you guys this fall too!!!

Patsfan7
06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad you guys had a great time! I can't wait to see some pictures. I haven't been to CLP in a million years. I wish I could have made it. I said it last year, and I will say it again.... hope to make it next summer! :)

kaytieeldr
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, I had never been before... but there's nothing stopping us from having another, informal 'meet' there later this summer...

aengus
06-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Aengus, I didn't see you listed in their friends . . . just an oversight I imagine?

pffft! oversight?

More like jealousy!

TLinden16
06-25-2007, 09:11 PM
We try to forget about Aengus.

jonestavern
06-27-2007, 01:08 AM
(L to R) Threeeeeee really happy ladies: Katie, Julia & MaryAnn (magiroux)
Reserved seat held for no shows Janice or Jean! :rotfl2:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0067a.jpg

(facing camera: Julia & Katie, back to camera: Katie) Shhh! I think Aunt Karen is trying to get our attention!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0078a.jpg

The queenly wave to the masses! Princesses Diane, Barbara & Karen
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0080a.jpg

Who us? :confused3 Blocking traffic? :angel:
Background, left to right: Diane (goofy4tink);Maryann (magiroux);Katie ( BouncingTigger ); Julia ;Barbara (B., I don't know yr screenname! :guilty: );Karen (TLinden16--Jellyrolls Queen!) & Katie (Karen's niece)
Foreground: Ronda (kaytieeldr) Note refillable CLP cup in her basket!
Missing:Aengus (most likely at CL5 show!) & Jen & Chris (half of jonestavern)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0089a.jpg
Julia, Katie & Katie show us how its done! :woohoo:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0095a.jpg

Ronda,Karen, Katie & Diane
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0102a.jpg

Karen, Barbara & Diane--Whoooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0098a.jpg

Anyone up for a little line jumping? :rotfl: Karen & her niece, Katie!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0090a.jpg

Spank Me!
Note Ronda's stylish Crocs!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/gannoncp/DSC_0103a.jpg

Sorry I missed you wild people!
The way my tum was feeling it would've been major chunkage just getting the hand stamp!
Chris is up for a meet in August & we are thinking of joining you reprobates in Boston--that is if you all promise NOT to behave yrsselves!

Jean

kaytieeldr
06-27-2007, 04:27 AM
OMG, what great pictures!!!! Sorry to have missed meeting you, Jean (and it should be noted, an August meet fits my schedule not that I'm the least bit upset about the so-called "random" timing of that September meet :teeth: never mind that I can't make it because I'll be on Soarin' around the same time as the rest of you are stuck in Boston ;))

goofy4tink
06-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Man, those are some great pictures Chris!!! Thanks for posting them. Although we did miss you Jean, you're right about that 'chunkage'!!!!

newholidayx2
06-27-2007, 06:35 AM
thanks for the pics

magiroux
06-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey Jean :wave:

I had that tummy bug all last week so I know what you mean - YUK!!

Thanks for posting the pics. You have to come to Boston this fall because Chris is now the Official New England Dis Meet Photographer!!!!!! (perhaps he can super-impose Ronda into all the pitcures so she won't *really* miss the meet after all :thumbsup2 )

goofy4tink
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM

Thanks for posting the pics. You have to come to Boston this fall because Chris is now the Official New England Dis Meet Photographer!!!!!! (perhaps he can super-impose Ronda into all the pitcures so she won't *really* miss the meet after all :thumbsup2 )

Ohhhh, what a great idea!!!!
You know what...Kate and I have both been down with the tummy thing since Monday...better today, but yesterday was not a fun time at our house!!!

kaytieeldr
06-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Foreground: Ronda (kaytieeldr) Note refillable CLP cup in her basket! VERY important note: refillable CLP cup is not mine! I was, er, um, just holding it for a friend ;)

TLinden16
06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Who us? :confused3 Blocking traffic? :angel:
Background, left to right: Diane (goofy4tink);Maryann (magiroux);Katie (Katie I forgot yr screen name! :upsidedow ); Julia ;Barbara (B., I don't know yr screenname! :guilty: );Karen (TLinden16--Jellyrolls Queen!) & Katie (Karen's niece)
Foreground: Ronda (kaytieeldr) Note refillable CLP cup in her basket!

I want to know why everyone except Diane seem to be laughing, smiling, enjoying, and giving their full attention to whatever anecdote I was sharing in this picture.

Hope you are feeling better, Jean! We'll see you next time!

goofy4tink
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
You were most likely explaining, yet again, about how brown your hair is!!!! There is a slight grin on my face though. I always try to laugh appropriatly when HRH says something even remotely funny!!!

Kitty-chan
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Astronauts!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1219/641008554_220c7f9b38_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/85488761@N00/641008554/)

I've also got some video of the CL5. . . gotta warn ya though, serious booty-shaking, could be blackmail material.

BouncingTigger
06-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Background, left to right: Diane (goofy4tink);Maryann (magiroux);Katie (Katie I forgot yr screen name! :upsidedow ); Julia ;Barbara (B., I don't know yr screenname! :guilty: );Karen (TLinden16--Jellyrolls Queen!) & Katie (Karen's niece)
Foreground: Ronda (kaytieeldr) Note refillable CLP cup in her basket![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

I'm the redhead Katie, as for the top picture. As for the bottom one, what the heck was I doing??? Seriously! Julia and Katie are like, screaming, and I'm asleep!

jonestavern
07-05-2007, 03:35 AM

We will be in Boston this fall--I will be pre-tranq'ed or slightly Buzzed--Mass traffic :scared1: as you all know, I am the World's biggest ninny! :rolleyes1

You know what...Kate and I have both been down with the tummy thing since Monday...better today, but yesterday was not a fun time at our house!!!
Yup, was running for about 5 days!
Charmin' is squeezeably soft! ;)

VERY important note: refillable CLP cup is not mine! I was, er, um, just holding it for a friend ;)
Your 'friend' says he is gonna have to buy a new refillable as the design has changed :rotfl: This is really gonna throw the budget! popcorn::

Astronauts!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1219/641008554_220c7f9b38_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/85488761@N00/641008554/)

I've also got some video of the CL5. . . gotta warn ya though, serious booty-shaking, could be blackmail material.
Lovin' this pic!
Gee, I didn't get to see them--do ya think...

Foreground: Ronda (kaytieeldr) Note refillable CLP cup in her basket![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

I'm the redhead Katie, as for the top picture. As for the bottom one, what the heck was I doing??? Seriously! Julia and Katie are like, screaming, and I'm asleep!
Katie, you just have that world weary woman of the world pose going! Perhaps you were daydreaming about the CL5 show?
Seriously, our group is gonna have to practice their modeling-in-motion posing skills! :rotfl:
Chris tried to pick the photos where no eyes were closed, where no one was re-adjusting their thongs or investigating noses--it just wasn't happening!
Everyone will need to practice "neat & pretty' & all at one time!

Hmmm..no group shot--I am going to have to mete out punishment! And Aengus flees before a pic is taken???

Still awake & contemplating a Dubonnet,
Jean

Kitty-chan
07-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Lovin' this pic!
Gee, I didn't get to see them--do ya think...

Oh, I should be clear, it wouldn't be the CL5 we'd be blackmailing with the videos, it would be Karen. :rolleyes1

jonestavern
07-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Oh, I should be clear, it wouldn't be the CL5 we'd be blackmailing with the videos, it would be Karen. :rolleyes1

Uh...ahem..Remember what happens at CLP stays at...stays here shared amongst just us DISboarders! ;)

I'm listening....

Jean

TLinden16
07-06-2007, 05:45 PM

I can't be blackmailed. I have no secrets, no regrets.

jonestavern
07-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I can't be blackmailed. I have no secrets, no regrets.

TAG FAIRY!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/sillysue4u/Fairies/Picturecarshow541.jpg

Jean

TLinden16
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I know the Tag Fairy, and she looks nothing like that.

jonestavern
07-11-2007, 04:19 AM
I know the Tag Fairy, and she looks nothing like that.
Are you telling us that she's a Faux Fairy???? :confused3

I think someone needs to dress up as the Tag Fairy for the DISmeet--kind of a Tag Fairy Goes Quackers thing! :tink: :crazy:

Sleepy Jean

TLinden16
07-11-2007, 05:04 AM
I think someone needs to dress up as the Tag Fairy for the DISmeet--kind of a Tag Fairy Goes Quackers thing! :tink: :crazy:

Be my guest, Jean. I'll give you a dollar if you do.

jonestavern
07-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Be my guest, Jean. I'll give you a dollar if you do.

Eww! I'm thinking I might not be exactly aerodynamically sound for a Tag Fairy!:rotfl2:

Hmmm...I'm considering this--although, I'll bet $$$ Chris will develop a sudden illness that day! :rotfl:
A dollar?!
No, I thinking of something more participatory. Like all the ladies need to sport tiaras that whole day & the guys... I don't know--someone come up with something here!

J

magiroux
07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
TAG FAIRY!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/sillysue4u/Fairies/Picturecarshow541.jpg

Jean

I don't know:scratchin ...I see more of a resemblance to Diane than Karen :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

goofy4tink
07-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks buddy!!!
Dang, and I was going to dress up too!! Not now, no way!!! However, I do have a very nice tiara!!! And a nice blinking wand!!! And some filmy wings!!! ahhh, think I had better stop now.

jonestavern
07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks buddy!!!
Dang, and I was going to dress up too!! Not now, no way!!! However, I do have a very nice tiara!!! And a nice blinking wand!!! And some filmy wings!!! ahhh, think I had better stop now.

Ahh, the secrets to a happy marriage! :rolleyes1

Jean

magiroux
07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Ahh, the secrets to a happy marriage! :rolleyes1

Jean

OK, lost the soda on the screen with that post :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

where's that Mickey towelette when you need it?

magiroux
07-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks buddy!!!

Hey, what are friends for? :hug:

Luv Ya....Mean it!!!!

jonestavern
07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Mary Ann! I see you're sporting a tag! :thumbsup2
Congrats!

Yes, Tag Fairy pic does bear a resemblance to Diane! Hmm...

Here's my new tag: 'Weighs 105 pounds"

Jean

goofy4tink
07-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey, what are friends for? :hug:

Luv Ya....Mean it!!!!

Nice tag buddy!!!! Luv ya back!!!