PDA

View Full Version : who's sailing 1/12/02 on Magic?

duskysmom
12-25-2001, 10:18 AM
I looked at the list, but wondering who all will be with my family of 4......myself (37), dh(37), dd(10), and ds (2) are just over the moon excited.......we're from PA.....My dd best friend from OH will be joining us! Talk about the perfect present for my dd!
:wave:

AandDmom
12-28-2001, 11:13 AM
We are also going on the same cruise. Myself, dh, ds(11), and DD(8). We are also from PA . Flying out of Phila the night before. Where are you flying out of? Hope to hear from you soon. Amy:D

duskysmom
12-28-2001, 06:17 PM
Small World!:D We are flying out of Philly EARLY Saturday morning.....we live near Carlisle.....are you anywhere near? Looks like your son and our daughter may be meeting each other.....Are your kids as excited as mine? Bouncing off the walls excited! just 15 days!!!!! :bounce: see ya soon...kris:wave:

AandDmom
12-28-2001, 06:28 PM
I am not sure where that is. We are in the bucks county area. I think I am bouncing more than the kids. Do you have early or late seating? What do you plan to do on the islands? Amy:pinkbounc

duskysmom
12-28-2001, 06:35 PM
Bucks County....N. of Philly?

We are South Central PA.....just off the turnpike, 20 miles west of Harrisburg...

We have the early seating....along with our friends from OH. Because of the ages of our kids, we are just doing beaches on ST. M and St. Th. We're planning to head to Great Bay on ST. M and either Coki or Magens on St. Th. What has caught your eye?

I did book excursions on CC.....dd and dh will tandem parasail, and then dd and I will banana boat....also snorkel.....

Is this your first disney cruise.....it is for us....it's quite the treat for my daughter to have her bf along.....kris :D

ksistersmom
12-30-2001, 09:01 PM
Hi guys. My dh (42), me (36) and three dd's ages 11,9, and 5 will be sailing with you on the 12th. We are only an 8 hour drive from Port Canaveral.....so we're driving down early and doing a couple days at the parks before we sail. I am so excited I am having trouble sleeping. Have you packed yet??? What clothes are you taking? I have never cruised before and am somewhat lost about what to wear!

ginac
12-31-2001, 02:52 AM
Hi! My family will also be sailing with you all on the Jan 12th. It is me (31), dh(36), dd (7) and ds(4). We are traveling with a friend I work with and her family. This will be my friend's second Disney Cruise and my first.

This is my first cruise and I am soooo looking forward to it! We're staying in room 8082. I'm l can't wait to have my morning coffee on the veranda!

My friend and I are also interliners. We work for an airline so no Castaway Club membership for us. :(

I was introduced to this board by another co-worker of mine (dawngee). Thanks to her, I have done nothing but spend my time reading all the posts here! What a wealth of information!
Thanks to all for such great information!

Gina - who is trying to convince her DH to wear a tux to Palo's...

:rolleyes:

NCRedding
01-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Just bumping this up for anyone else for the 1/12 cruise. We'll be there with with DD who is 9. I am very excited, especially since I am currently snowed in. We don't get snow often, so it is kinda fun, but it is even more fun thinking that in less than 10 days I will be basking the sun on the Magic (after applying sunscreen, of course) Interesting to note that out of us, there are 7 girls from 5-11. The DS are clearly in the minority. Anyone interested in a meeting?

GinaC welcome to the boards. They are so addicting, in additional to being so educational! Tell your husband, if he'll wear his tux, my DH will wear his (does this work with men?)

Ksistermom: I have planned my packing but haven't started yet. I am planning on wearing a sequined to the knee dress for first formal night, not sure about the second formal. I hope to get to the sales and pick up a new dress--I never have understood who wears those formal things at Christmas--They would look pretty silly with my New Years tradition--watching a movie, eating popcorn with DD. Now if I can just find something in my size. :(

ksistersmom
01-03-2002, 07:14 AM
I would love to meet up with you guys!!! Just tell me how, where etc!!!

Dana

AandDmom
01-03-2002, 07:41 AM
We would love to meet too. I am getting so excited my husband is ready to kill me. He says all he hears is disney,disney, disney. Let me know when and where. Amy:pinkbounc :o :bounce:

duskysmom
01-03-2002, 07:43 AM
meeting sounds like fun! Someone who has been there...pick a place....time.....and something to id us all! :D

wovenwonder
01-03-2002, 07:52 AM
I won't be there with you --- I have to wait until April!! It is traditional for DISers to recognize each other at Disney and on DCL by wearing a lime green colored ribbon somewhere visable...... A popular place to meet is on deck #10 (be sure to specify port or starboard side) overlooking the deck#9 sailaway party.... This way the kids can meet each other right away (adults too!).

Have a wonderful trip!!

:)

duskysmom
01-03-2002, 08:22 AM
sounds like a plan!!!:D I'm heading out today for "lime green Ribbon" and I'll be there....how about Port side....deck 10 as we pull out.....I can't wait to hear that whistle blow!~~Just last year, I sailed with some friends on Royal Carribean....when the Disney ship pulled out and the whistle blew, and streamers...it was a wonderful sight......I was looking forward to what RC would do....ya know what they did? Nuthin'! BORING! Can't wait to do it right with Disney!:D

mocory
01-03-2002, 08:27 AM
I think it will be great fun for some of the kids to meet before they arrive at the "Kids Club"!!

I have just finished putting away the Christmas tree in the attic...now I have to pull out all the boxes of summer wear and bathing suits that are up there!! I hope I can get this all done by next week. My DH is not wearing a tux...just a suit, DS too (age 6)...but my DD (age 5) and myself will both be in gowns. I don't get to many chances to "dress up" and it is my DD's favorite pasttime. So I figure, what the heck! Might as well go all out!!

Is anyone else concerned about all the crazy weather in the south??

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Eileen

NCRedding
01-03-2002, 08:38 AM
Since I am in the south, and I am snowed in for the day (Yeah!!), I'm not too concerned. Seriously, looking at the reports on TV, we did get some snow--about 6 inches in my area, with maybe 2-3 more expected. We had a serious snow January in 2000--a total of about 20 inches over a week, including the I-95 corridor. They are much more prepared now than they were 2 years ago. Depending upon when you are driving through, it should be ok. There is the possibility of more snow on Sunday, with the indication that the storm on Sunday would affect the northeast more than this one will. I'm hopefully that all will be OK for next weekend.

Now, as to the meeting, let's take Wovenwonder's and Duskysmom's suggestions, and meet on Deck 10, above Scoops (which I think is on the port or left side of the ship) at 4:15 in time for the sail away party. Try to wear either a lime green ribbon, button, or piece of clothing, and if you see several women, cruising around with girls ages 5-11, just ask "are you a DISer?"

DisneyKids
01-03-2002, 11:34 AM
Sounds like a good idea. My daughter (5) and son (9) will love it.

ksistersmom
01-03-2002, 04:56 PM
I am looking forward to meeting you all there!!!!

Dana

jth87
01-03-2002, 05:04 PM
14/m going too!

NCRedding
01-03-2002, 05:10 PM
Good group shaping up. I do have a correction to the meeting place. The area on Deck 10 over Scoops is starboard, not port. One day I'm going to get this terminology right. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

duskysmom
01-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the clarification.....looks like a good group....should be fun! kris :wave:

Becca61
01-06-2002, 01:09 PM
We'll be there! First Disney Cruise...new DISr..just learning, but lovin' it. Driving down from Alabama, bringing husband and 2 daughters ages 9 and 3. Would be great for them to meet friends...me too!
Can't wait!

ksistersmom
01-06-2002, 01:14 PM
Hi Becca, we are driving from AL also....where are you from in AL?? We are in Foley! Look forward to meeting you! Dana

duskysmom
01-06-2002, 01:53 PM
:D WHOO HOO! what a crowd! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! 6 more days! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ginac
01-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Ok, I just jotted down the time and place for the meet. Hopefully, I'll be there!
I think it would be great for some of the kids to meet before, too!

Gina - off to find me a lime green ribbon... :bounce:

DaddyMouse
01-06-2002, 05:41 PM
We also would love to join the group. DD is 42, DM is 36, DS's are 9 & 7, DD is 6. Tell us where and when and we'll be there. Also traveling with the grandparents. All staying on deck 8. Stoked for the trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca61
01-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Dana, we are from Montgomery...lucky you to live in Foley with all those outlets...and I believe a Disney outlet???
Are you driving? We are leaving on Friday, staying with family in Leesburg, driving to PC as early as we can get away on Sat a.m.
Do you have kids?

ksistersmom
01-06-2002, 06:36 PM
Yes, there is a Disney outlet. No real bargains though.....unless you catch things on sale!!! We are driving down early. We are leaving Thursday....spending the night at the Dolphin resort and doing the Magic Kingdom friday......my youngest has never been to WDW..........staying at the Dolphin that night and then off to the port at noon!!! Yes, I have three dd ages:11,9 and 5. How about you? Can't wait to meet you! My sister used to live in Montgomery.:pinkbounc

Dana

duskysmom
01-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Let's see...we are meeting on deck 10 above Scoops for the 4:30 sailaway celebration.....wear a lime green ribbon or ask for DISers.....the lime green ribbon is the "secret handshake", apparently, of the DISers. I'm new to this, so I think I've got it all...if not, someone correct me! Looks like a nice group forming!

Becca61
01-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Wow! I also have 3 DD, 13, 9 and 3. The 13 is staying at home this trip, though as she can not miss school. She has already missed 17 days due to her "acting career"! Are you familiar with the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Mtgmry? She will be going with us when we take our $99 cruise in the fall.
It will be great if we can introduce our other DDs though.
I am just now packing....wouldn't have done it until Thursday, but I read all the post and ya'll got me motivated!
I have vowed to stay off the internet this week until everything is done. (we'll see how long that lasts!)
Gotta find my lime green ribbon....

ksistersmom
01-06-2002, 09:19 PM
I have started packing.....I am finding it all a bit overwhelming though. I am afraid I will forget something important.

Your daughter acts?? That is GREAT. I wish we had such opportunities here.

I will see you at the deck 10 get together Saturday right?? I will be the stressed out looking one with the three cute daughters. I can't wait to meet everyone and have the best cruise ever.

Hey, what excursions have you planned?????

Becca61
01-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Yes, we will be on Deck 10 if all goes as planned!
Shore excursions? Well, I think we will just go to the closest beach and hang out with the kids. We may take an independent tour on St. Thomas, I can't decide. ( i found this tour operarator on the internet that gives $20 tours of the island) I really have no interest in shopping. Relaxing on a beautiful beach is my idea of heaven. I definately don't want to be rushing around or stressed about not getting back to the boat on time. Disney's shore excusions seem awfully expensive. What do you think? Are you planning any? (Also we are limited in what the 3 year old can do)

ksistersmom
01-06-2002, 10:51 PM
I can't decide about excursions. I think I am going to shop and have the girls hair braided at St. Maarten and then hit the beaches. I want to buy my clothes for tropical night there!!!

St. Thomas we are considering an excursion. I just can't decide which one. The only reason I am considering the disney excursions are so I don't have to worry about getting left somewhere, lost or no back to the ship on time!!! :)

I am doing no excursions on CC. I am going to rent floats and just do the beach thing there too.

I am having a terrible time making these decisions!!! Plus, I don't want to pay all that money and get there to find the water is too cold for snorkeling! I am working myself into a snit again. Better head off for bed!!!

I'll be up for a bit longer or we can continue this chat tomorrow. E'mail me if you want to take this off list!!! I am getting VERY excited. Are you wearing formal wear to dinner on formal night. I bought a long dress........not sure if I will wear it or not!!!!

Dana

mocory
01-07-2002, 05:29 AM
A week in the sun seemed even better right now!

Started packing last night....WOW!....we have soooo much stuff to bring! We are going to look like pack mules trying to get through the airport with all these bags! Is anyone else having this problem?? I have clothes for warm weather, cold weather, casual, formal, semi-formal and tropical!! And what about our winter coats....I hope we wont need them once we leave NY....but what will I do with them for the week?

Can't wait for the weekend!!!!!!!!!

Eileen

ksistersmom
01-07-2002, 07:06 AM
Yes, I am having the same problem. Actually, I only packed one warm outfit.......so if its cold we're going to be "up a creek"!!!

duskysmom
01-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Becca61, we also have a 2 1/2yr ds to think about on the trip. I believe we will just be doing the beaches, but not the excursions disney offers...I agree, they seem very expensive. Dave from Marietta has given extensive info on good family beaches and how to get to each one. On St. M, we will do Great Bay Beach. It is near the ships, nice calm water for kids, easy to get to with water taxi ($5pp, kids free, unlimited rides). On St. T, we plan to go to either Coki or Magens Bay. Taxi's are something like $7 pp and there seems to be no problem getting back to the ship in time. Doing it ourselves will save us big $$ and I think it shouldn't be a problem finding taxi's....at least that is what I hear! Can't wait....can you?:D

RandJ
01-07-2002, 01:11 PM
My DW[35], DS[4.9], DD[2.5] and I[37] will be on the 1/12/02 Magic. This is our first cruise. I have read a ton of posts in this forum. Very helpful indeed.

We are flying out of PHILA on Saturday morning. I hope all the big snow is done for a while. We also live in Bucks County PA. We just told our kids yesterday that we are going. Man, are they pumped up. In any case, all have a safe trip and we'll see you there.

duskysmom
01-07-2002, 01:16 PM
Randj...we're flying out of Philly sat. morning also....early flight...6:50or something like that.....see ya there!

AandDmom
01-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Randj we live in the bucks co. area too. We live in Warwick. Boy are we close. We will be flying out friday. Talk to you soon Amy

Becca61
01-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Hi Dana and everybody!
As far as formalwear..yes, I've brought some. If I will fit into it by formal night is another question. But I agree with everyone about finally getting a chance to dress up. I've confinced my DH to bring his formal military uniform because IMHO he looks sooo handsome in it, it is the equivilent to a tux, so I'll need to wear formal to match him!
Hairbraiding...I read a post somewhere that recommended getting that done on CC for lots of reasons, like better price, quality and the fact you can charge it to your room. Just a thought.
How do we e-mail each other? I am a newbie and very ignorant!
Dusky's Mom...thanks for the shore excursion tips. That sounds like exactly what we want to do! Maybe we can hook up? See you at the sailing party?
McCory...I know this is probably a stupid suggestion, and notice that I live in the South, but concerning your coat question. What about leaving your heavy coat in the car (after having your DH drop you off curbside at the airport), & dash into the warm airport?
I mean really, when will you need it again? You won't be going outside until sunny FL, right?
Again, I don't have much experience with this sort of thing (haha) but its a thought.

ksistersmom
01-07-2002, 03:16 PM
My email address is : shaky@gulftel.com.........just email me the normal way........I don't really know how to do it thru here either!!! :(

We may end up doing exactly what your doing. I am going to discuss it with my husband tonite.

I am so excited I can't even see straight. Got the van completely checked out today.....oil change, tires rotated, transmission overhaul.........I am ready to hit the road!!!!!

Sat. can't get here fast enough for me!!!!

MnParrothead
01-07-2002, 03:20 PM
My family (me-35, DH 35, DS 14, DS 10)is going too on the 1/12 Magic. :bounce: 14 other family member are going to that range in age from 2 to 71. I'll look for others on deck 10. See you Saturday.

duskysmom
01-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Wow! what a group!!:cool: Does everyone have their lime green ribbons? I'll have one, but my dh would die before he wears one....so forgive him please...deck 10, here we come!

RandJ
01-07-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm a DH and I probably won't be wearing any ribbons. :)
I'll ask my DW to get one.

ksistersmom
01-07-2002, 05:59 PM
I am sorry to say but,I have no lime green ribbons!!! I will look for all of you with your ribbons!! Maybe if they have lime green at Walmart tomorrow......we'll see!

Becca61
01-07-2002, 07:25 PM
If I can find lime green ribbon, I will bring enough for ya'll.
(especially you, RandJ :)

DaddyMouse
01-07-2002, 08:44 PM
We can hardly sleep. Significant other is lime green hunting tomorrow. I downloaded the big picture of our ship from Dave's site and its my wallpaper. computer is set to not go to sleep. I see it every time I go in the dining room. Any help as to the e-mail address for the lady who has the company that delivers gift baskets to the rooms? I'd love to get something for my parents. 5 more and a wakeup!!!!!!!!!

Becca61
01-07-2002, 09:37 PM
DaddyMouse...I found a scrap of lime green ribbon in the attic and I made some litttle pins with it for anyone who wants one (while they last!) so don't fret if she can't find any tommorrow or doesn't have time! See you at the sailing party on Deck 10?
Don't know about the gift baskets.

ksistersmom
01-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Don't forget me Becca!!! Are you packed yet?? I am in a panic!!!

Becca61
01-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Gotcha covered, Dana!
Packing..I am breaking every rule in the book about too much stuff, BUT, (with approriate whine in voice) "I might need it!"

ksistersmom
01-08-2002, 07:53 AM
YOU ARE TOO FUNNY..........I had the girls packed....but, I am going to add to it.....because "we might need it" too!!!!

Becca61
01-08-2002, 08:54 AM
uhoh, no I'm being a bad influence!

duskysmom
01-08-2002, 09:05 AM
these are a great idea.....her website is www.theperfectgift.cc/index2.html They sure look nice, and I've heard raves! Order soon! see ya there!

mocory
01-08-2002, 10:38 AM
AandD Mom- Was it you that mentioned Warwick?? Do you mean Warwick New York? Beacuse that is the town next to ours.

Becca 61- Everyone loves a man in uniform! As to our coats, we are taking car service to the airport. So I am afraid we will have no choice but to carry them all week. I am sure we will need them when we get back!

Ksistersmom- WEAR THE GOWN!!!!

We have a very late flight out Friday night. We are staying at the Radisson, but expect to arrive there around midnight. Maybe we will see some of you there Sat morning!

We were originally scheduled to make this trip during that terrible week in September. My sister, who is sailing with us all was in a building adjacent to the WTC. Her experince that day was unimaginable. I dont know if any of the rest of you are from the New York area, if you are you will understand how overwhelmed we were in the days that followed the attack. We could not even think of making the trip at that time. But now we have gotten our courage together, calmed ourselves down and are determined to have the vacation of a lifetime!!! We had meet a large group of DISers online here that we had planned to meet on the ship in Sept. It was a big disappointment to us to never met them as we cancelled our cruise. But now I am feeling excited again reading all your posts and I am looking forward to meeting you all and your kids!!

Eileen

duskysmom
01-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Eileen....I think this will be a good time for all....thank the Lord your sister is okay. Everyone in the US needs some magic right now. I'm going to enjoy the pampering.

As for coats....we plan to get a locker at the airport and put our coats in there for the week until we return.....

Just went to the store...couldn't find lime green ribbon, so I bought embroidery floss...guess I'll braid it and tie into a bow!

My dd and I are trying on clothes today to see what fits from summer and what is rediculous after a hearty Christmas! Just starting to pack, and can't think of anything else! Cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise.....

Becca61
01-08-2002, 02:19 PM
Is it really only 4 more days? Pinch me!
In case you are still packing, I read this tip to take a box of ziplock bags and order room service sandwiches, chips and cookies for the day we are going on our self-made tour excursions (Duskysmom and ksistersmom). Free picnic. (I am all about saving money!) Maybe you already read it, but I thought it was worth passing on just in case. I have also packed a small soft-sided cooler (I read those were okay) and some soft drinks and juice boxes.
See you guys soon!
Hey duskysmom...GREAT idea about the locker for coats!
Mocory..I am so glad that you will be with us. You deserve a great trip!

WIcruizer
01-08-2002, 02:48 PM
We'll be on the Magic 1/12/2002 also. Me (35), my wife (33) and our kids (10/girl, 6/boy) are flying down from Wisconsin. We are really looking forward to this, and have read everything we can find about the ship, the cruise, and ports of call.

Our biggest concern is activities for our 10 yr old girl. From everything we've seen there are a ton of activities for our little guy. Does anyone know what kind of programs, events, etc. are available for older kids?

If you see people wearing Packer hats, clothing, etc. it could be us!

Becca61
01-08-2002, 03:35 PM
WICruiser..did you read this whole thread of posts? There are several girls your daughter's age (including my own 9 year old, Kelly) and we will all be meeting on Deck 10 starboard side, above Scoops at 4:15 for the sail away party. We will be wearing green ribbons as the "secret handshake" of the DISrs.
See you there!

duskysmom
01-08-2002, 04:11 PM
I need a score card to keep track of everyone!!:D For ease of knowing who will be there...I've compiled info you have already given in prior posts:
Duskysmom (mt. Holly, pa) Kris 37, dh 37, dd 10, ds 2
AandDmom (Warwick, PA) Amy, dh, ds 11, dd 8
Ksistersmom (AL) Dana 36, dh 42, dd 11, dd 9, dd 5
Ginac (Chicago Burbs) Gina 31, dh 36, dd 7, ds 4
NCRedding (NC) dh dd 9
Mocory (Hudson Valley, NY) Eileen, dh, ds 6, dd 5
Disneykids ds 9, dd 5
Jth87 (Maple Grove, MN)
Becca61 (AL) Becca, dh, dd 9, dd 3
DaddyMouse (St. Paul, MN) DD 42, dh 36, ds 9, ds 7, dd 6
RandJ (Warrington, PA) dw 35, Ron 37, ds 4.9 dd 2.5
MnParrothead (MN) dw 35, dh 35, ds 14, ds 10
WIcruizer(WI) dw 33, dh 35, dd 10, ds 6

I think this is everyone who has responded to this thread..If I missed anyone, or made a mistake, please forgive me and correct me...Deck 10 will be a sea of lime green!

NCRedding
01-08-2002, 10:22 PM
What a great looking group,although I am really disconcerted to see that I am the oldest woman in the group (unless there is someone on the list who is also 39). Someone please reassure me that I will not have to act mature even if I am the oldest. I am still at work at 11 pm tonight--because I plan to really enjoy this cruise. Looking forward to Saturday!!!

Becca61
01-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Rest easy, NCRedding, because I am (gulp) 40 and no way am I making that up to make you feel better! I just had a birthday and I haven't actually had to say it before, but I was willing to make the sacrifice for my new DIS friend :)
Act mature? Are you kidding? We are on vacaaaation!
My favorite quote of the day: 40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age.