PDA

View Full Version : Knott's Berry 1/2 day?

maddiesmommie
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Is it worth it to go to Knott's half a day? Splash Mtn. will be closed when we are at DLR (early May) and I am craving a good log ride!!! I missed Splash at WDW in '03 due to pregnancy and now will be missing it again!
I have read a lot of posts about Knott's going downhill; I have such fond memories of visiting it 20 years ago when my parents took me.... is it really that bad? I was thinking my kids (6 and 3.5 yrs) might enjoy a half day there ( with Legoland being further and our time being short). What do ya think?

MomofM&M
03-14-2007, 02:37 AM
We moved to San Diego 4 months ago and have been to Knotts 3 times, staying overnight each time at the Knotts hotel. I would check their website as we've been able to pay 19.95 a ticket during their food bank drives. My girl's are 4.5 and 2 and they love Knotts. There are lots of kiddie rides for their age and virtually no line. I think with kids your age, unless your oldest is really tall and daring, you can do everything in half a day. The park shows its age but since we generally stick to Camp Snoopy area, we have only encountered pleasant experiences. Legoland would definitely be a long drive as traffic is definitely an unknown. Hope this helps!:)

Zoemakes5
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Splash Mtn. will be closed when we are at DLR (early May) and I am craving a good log ride!!!

I haven't been to Knott's in years and years, but used to just love it. I think you could easily do a half day at Knott's with kids your age and still enjoy yourself. Not sure about true "value", though, unless you can get deals.
Personally, though, I don't think much of their log ride, as I remember it at least. I was so bummed we're not going to get to see Splash. That is my fav. ride in the park. Based not on the drop, but the music and animatronics.