PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear from all you OFF KILTER fans !!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ron from Michigan
03-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I've got my live Off Kilter cd in and I'm on the Dis, how great is that.

OFF KILTER ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robo
03-10-2007, 08:22 AM
We see them a couple of times each trip. :thumbsup2

TnTsParty
03-10-2007, 08:25 AM
We LOVE Off Kilter. Actually going next weekend to Orlando to see them at a St Patricks Day Celebration and then the next day at Epcot. I have the Live Tracks CD and Celtic Armadillo CD and they are both great. The live CD is the best to hear them how you hear them at Epcot. But the other CDs are great too because you can really hear how talented these guys are!!

Kathkazoo
03-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Love, Love, Love, those guys!:yay:

mickeymedic
03-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I love 'em!!!! Just look at my tag. :rotfl2: Thanks Tag Fairy!:cool1:

mannatee
03-10-2007, 08:45 AM
May I join the OffKilter Fan Club here at the DIS?
We discovered them while waiting for PS at LeCellier one afternoon.
WOW! We ended up late for dining, but it was worth it!
Can we get an OffKilter emoticon? :thumbsup2

Shameless plug for a vote
http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/dream-job-applicant.asp?jtid=4&ytid=hRrFIEPmrTQ
Vote for my video for the Disney Dream Job Contest. Voting continues until March 30, 2007. Thanks!

Stayed here...
Stayed there...
I'm generally (get it?) a Shades of Green person,
but we enjoyed Saratoga Springs back in January.

DVCajun
03-10-2007, 08:45 AM
Can't WAIT to see them next week! Just thinking about their version of Amazing Grace gives me chills. :goodvibes LOVE 'EM!!! :love:

CarolA
03-10-2007, 09:25 AM
We LOVE Off Kilter. Actually going next weekend to Orlando to see them at a St Patricks Day Celebration and then the next day at Epcot. I have the Live Tracks CD and Celtic Armadillo CD and they are both great. The live CD is the best to hear them how you hear them at Epcot. But the other CDs are great too because you can really hear how talented these guys are!!

Maybe I will see you there Saturday... I am supposed to go to MCO for a meeting the end of this week and if it doesn't get cancelled I was planning to stay and go to Avalon Park. (I think there is another DIS member going too!)

xbatman
03-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Haven't heard them yet since it will be our first WDW trip, but I'm looking forward to it in Dec. after all the praise here on the DIS!

Twende
03-10-2007, 09:38 AM
We seem to miss them every time we go. This May I am really trying to schedule a day at Epcot so we can hear them! I hear they are great.

NEVERENOUGHWDW
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM
They are GREAT!!!! Try to see them at least once each trip!!

Dan Murphy
03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Always enjoyable. :cool1:

ttfn3
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
We LOVE Off-Kilter!!! :dance3:

Where are they planning in Orlando next week? We'll be in Orlando next weekend. It would be awesome if we could see them offsite!

Evil Genius
03-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I love Off Kilter!! I too have the Live cd and listen to it alot in the car

athenna
03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Love Off Kilter!:thumbsup2
Just came back from a solo trip where I got to see them as much as I wanted..I believe I saw a total of 7 shows...Fabulous as always!!!
Nothing like sitting there on a sunny day, Bass from the neighboring UK pavillion in hand, listening to one of favorite bands in the world....Bliss...
:banana:

CarolA
03-10-2007, 10:04 AM
We LOVE Off-Kilter!!! :dance3:

Where are they planning in Orlando next week? We'll be in Orlando next weekend. It would be awesome if we could see them offsite!

They are at Avalon Park on Saturday, I think it's from 5 to 9. (I am sure they are not playing non-stop, but they are the only group listed on the website LOL!)
http://www.avalonpark.com/events_upcoming.asp

Hopefully
03-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Another Off Kilter lover here. We see them multiple times each trip, with a Bass in hand as mentioned.
We have 2 of their CD's to listen to year round.

Pixiedust34
03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping to buy one of their CDs on our next trip. Are they sold in Canada's gift shop?

disgram
03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I also love to listen to Off Kilter!!! I haven't been able to find the CDs anywhere and so I am hoping to get a couple in August!!!!:cool1: I thought that the CDs were in Canada, but on my last trip was not able to find them! Any help would be apprecitated!!!!

suzimar57
03-10-2007, 11:10 AM
we have all their CDs and see them at least twice each time we're in Epcot every trip - great band, lots of fun to watch them!

kaelarad
03-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Huge Off Kilter fan here! Have most of their music in my IPod. Sound like I need to get the live CD when we visit in June. They are by far my favorite entertainment. :cheer2:

PatsMom
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I love Off Kilter but DD is an even bigger fan. She has all the CDs she has been able to find.

NancyIL
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping to buy one of their CDs on our next trip. Are they sold in Canada's gift shop?

Yes, you can buy their CDs at Canada for $20 plus tax. Or, you can order them from their web site for $20, no tax and free shipping: www.offkilter.net I did that in December because they were out of the only CD I didn't have when I was at WDW.

Looking forward to seeing them on March 21 & 22! I can easily spend the whole afternoon/evening at Epcot on the days they perform!

newholidayx2
03-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I love my "men in skirts"! I have all their CDs
Looking forward to spending my afternoons listening to Off Kilter when Im at WDW in April
Planning a trip to WDW for my 50th bday in Nov so I can spend it with Off Kilter!

kt-scarlett
03-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Can we get an OffKilter emoticon? :thumbsup2

Would either of these work? :shamrock:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/kilt4zo.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/bagpipessmiley6jj.gif

I found them online.

I am an Off Kilter fan from way back.... <checks calendar>.... Wow, it's been over 9 years since I first saw them perform at WDW. I too have all their CDs. ;) I've been trying to get my daughter's Irish Dance school to use their music for their dances but haven't had any luck yet. Someday!!

Mary

Ragetti
03-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Big fan. I've never seen them in WDW, just at Celtic Festivals. We'll definitely catch 'em this year at WDW.

TnTsParty
03-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Maybe I will see you there Saturday... I am supposed to go to MCO for a meeting the end of this week and if it doesn't get cancelled I was planning to stay and go to Avalon Park. (I think there is another DIS member going too!)

I am glad to see at others may go to the show in Avalon Park. Thought I was going crazy for planning a spur of the moment trip to see my favorite band :love: - my DH like them too - so that is good!! Since I felt wierd about just making the 3 hour trip to see them so we are going to stay 2 nights and I get other Epcot trip out it as well so that's not bad - notice how I picked Epcot so I can hopefully see the boys one (or a few) more times!! :banana:

I have been listening to the non stop (can't seem to listen to anything else!!) so I think I need to pick up the other 3 CDs that we don't have when we are down there. As far as where their CDs are located at Epcot - I am not sure if they are in the stores inside the Canada pavilion but I do know they have them at the cart that is right near where Off Kilter plays so its just past the steps going up to the Canada pavilion.

JnEsWDWMom
03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I love those guys! I listen to the Live CD every morning on the way to work. One of my screen savers (revolving pics, you know)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/nuts4wdw_album/DSC02026.jpg

JnEsWDWMom
03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Come on, People! Please don't let me picture kill the thread!

WDWguru
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
We love Off Kilter too! I finally got DH to stop and listen to them on a trip a couple of years ago - I'd heard they were good and we'd heard snippets of them as we'd run by for years before. He was hooked, too, and we bought all the CDs. He listens to them in his office all day long!

nts4wdw
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Subscribing!

luvmick
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
LOVE LOVE Off Kilter !!! Jamie is such a cutie !!:love: Hope to catch a few sets next month,in Nov. saw about eight! They are always sooo much fun !!

gharrer
03-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Another fan. Can't wait until next month to see them again.

nts4wdw
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
If anyone goes to see them this weekend at Avalon Park, how about posting some pics?!?!:hyper: Please and thank you.

CarolA
03-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Well it looks like I am going to get to go, if the weather holds out... I didn't bring the good camera, but I have an 'el cheapo' with me. (Its a freebie from CVS that has to be "developed") but ir any of them are halfway good I will try to post. (that's not my strong point LOL!)

nts4wdw
03-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Well it looks like I am going to get to go, if the weather holds out... I didn't bring the good camera, but I have an 'el cheapo' with me. (Its a freebie from CVS that has to be "developed") but ir any of them are halfway good I will try to post. (that's not my strong point LOL!)

Thanks!!!

maraki527
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
They are one of the best in Epcot. In fact my niece has gone to Disney every year since she was born (she is only six) and they know her by her first name. Everytime they see her they play a song for her it is awesome.

TnTsParty
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Cool Carol - we (my DH and I) will be there too. Not sure what to expect but I am sure it will a great time since Off Kilter is involved. I will have my good camera so hopefully I will be able to get some "good" shots. If you see a blonde hair lady with a guy with a bunch of earrings in his left ear that will be us. :banana: Can't wait!!

snowwite
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
I wanted to bring my sis to see them in April. do they ever play on Fri or Sat? She is only coming late Thurs to Sun am so we really only have 2 days in parks.

Eljay
03-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I wanted to bring my sis to see them in April. do they ever play on Fri or Sat? She is only coming late Thurs to Sun am so we really only have 2 days in parks.

What a shame! Their usual days off are Friday & Saturday!:sad2:
Off Kilter is probably responsible for the sales of more Annual Passes than any other attraction at WDW!:thumbsup2

LONG LIVE THE LADS IN PLAID!!!
:banana: :rockband: :shamrock:

julm26
03-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM IN SEPTEMBER!!!! :dance3:

Ilovefozzie
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Off Kilter rocks! They are on the family's list of must dos when we go down in 17 days. :goodvibes

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m14/thorfam/PICT0112.jpg

athenna
03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for posting the pic!!! It's only been 8 days and I miss them already!

CampbellScot
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Off Kilter plays the music of my homeland!!! I LOVE THEM!!! I was on my honeymoon last year and we were at epcot on a wickedly hot day. I was in grouchy mood and ready to go back to the resort. Then I heard Off Kilter. I whipped my head around looking for the direction it was coming from, grabbed my DH's hand and said "Let'S GO!!! It sounds like HOME!!!" We sat and listened for a long time. They are so great and fun to watch. I could have stayed all day. My mood improved dramatically!!! My husband said perhaps we could keep this stuff on emergency ipod access!:laughing:

Does Off Kilter have a CD out by any chance?:woohoo:

TnTsParty
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Does Off Kilter have a CD out by any chance?:woohoo:

Actually they have 5 CDs out. The best one to hear them how they sound at Epcot I would suggest the Live Tracks which is of course their best songs live. The other CD I have is Celtic Armadillo. You can get the CDs at Epcot at the Canada pavilion or you can check out their website and order the CDs from there.

www.offkilter.net

newholidayx2
03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Off Kilter is probably responsible for the sales of more Annual Passes than any other attraction at WDW!:thumbsup2

I know for me they definately are! Last Aug we werent planning on the parks for 2 of the days but of course I HAD TO GO INTO EPCOT! I couldnt stay away.
I do have all 5 of their CDs.

nts4wdw
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Off Kilter rocks! They are on the family's list of must dos when we go down in 17 days. :goodvibes

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m14/thorfam/PICT0112.jpg

Great pic! But where's Jamie?!? (I guess everyone needs a day off.) Not that I mind looking at Mark..:love:

snowwite
03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
What a shame! Their usual days off are Friday & Saturday!:sad2:

Bummer I saw that they play outside Dis but we wont have time to venture off site.Guess she can settle for the CD. I am there all week so I am making plans to see them. I thought I was a big fan until a guy showed up with a tatto like thier first albumn cover!:scared1:

madcoco
03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Just hand over that whiskey in a jar and follow us up to Carlow or run run away!:thumbsup2
Sun made for a bad photo or was it the cameraman after a pint last week.;)
http://i17.tinypic.com/47x49cn.jpg

nts4wdw
03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Just hand over that whiskey in a jar and follow us up to Carlow or run run away!:thumbsup2

I think it's the sun. :goodvibes But it still looks good to me!! Thanks for posting!

NEVERENOUGHWDW
03-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know their schedule for next weekend? TIA

Debi
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Count me in! Two thumns up for Off Kilter!

michvin
03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm also wondering if there is a schedule posted online for Off Kilter...going first time w/o kids with my two friends and have to see them! Plannin on going to Epcot next sunday, the 25th...hope to see them then!

Eljay
03-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm also wondering if there is a schedule posted online for Off Kilter...going first time w/o kids with my two friends and have to see them! Plannin on going to Epcot next sunday, the 25th...hope to see them then!

Yes, there is a great, up to date schedule, but I am having an impossible time trying to post a link!:rolleyes:
Do a search on Steve Soares WDW Entertainment and you should be directed to his site. Steve updates his schedule weekly, usually on Saturday night.
If anybody is able to post a link, I would appreciate it!
BTW, Steve is a big Off Kilter fan too!;)

newholidayx2
03-16-2007, 07:44 PM
got em on RIGHT NOW! anyone else?
Celtic Armadillo - Im so alive ! got to appreciate it - be allright - i feel alive - im so alive -

newholidayx2
03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/47x49cn.jpg

I find nothing wrong with that shot! thank you
another 37 days and Im there! oh ya
planning on spending my birthday in nov with them too!

dbm20th
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Count my wife and I in here. We love to spend a Tuesday going back and forth between OK and the British Invasion. With occasional stops at the Rose and Crown

dznyacct
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Off Kilter!! DH "discovered" them ~ 9 years ago on one of our WDW trips. I have been hooked ever since. I have all their CDs (loaded on my ipod, of course!). They used to come to Indy Irish Fest (only an hour from home) every September, which was GREAT and soooo much cheaper than a trip to WDW! I try to see them at least 20+ times on each trip. Yup, they know me by name! DS and I are headed down to see them (and šoš) in 5 days. I can hardly wait!!

CarolA
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Entertainment schedule for all of WDW

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

Generally posted Saturday night for the next week.

Eljay
03-17-2007, 06:39 AM
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :wave:

snowwite
03-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Great pic! But where's Jamie?!? (I guess everyone needs a day off.) Not that I mind looking at Mark..:love:

When we went last April the guy playing fiddle was there because Jamie was in Scotland on vacation ( we asked Mark after the show).It was not the same without the pipes but I did get to hear the Fields of Athenry which is my fave!

CarolA
03-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I have been lucky enough to see them with both Jamie and Jason (they guy who plays the fiddle) That is really very nice. The combo adds a lot to the mix. The only times I have seen that were when they were playing elsewhere at WDW (several years ago they played Monday's I think at the American Adventure stage and Jason joined them and last St. Patrick's Day at DTD Jason joined them.)

TnTsParty
03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Carol - it was nice to see you tonight at the show at Avalon Park. My first time meeting a fellow DisBoarder!!

The show tonight was great - they did 3 sets. Can't remember all the songs they sang (they didn't play Wild Rover - one of my favorites!!) but they were still great. After the 2nd set we ended up talking to Jamie (asked him if they would be at Epcot tomorrow since they weren't on the schedule for last Sunday I got scared that we would miss them tomorrow.) He was really impressed when we told him we were from south Florida and came up to see them play and would be at Epcot tomorrow to see them again. My DH told him we just bought 2 more of their CDs (we had 2 already) and that we only needed one more. He asked which one (Kick It) so he walked over and got one and gave it to us. How cool is that? We are then standing in line for green beer and Tony was also standing in line. My DH asked if he would sign the CD. So of course we ended up getting them all to sign it. Pretty cool since it was the one that Jamie gave us. Now my DH doesn't even want to play the CD!! Should have pictures to post by Monday (well of course I already looked at them but I don't feel like uploading them tonight and I won't have internet access again till Monday.

nts4wdw
03-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Carol - it was nice to see you tonight at the show at Avalon Park. My first time meeting a fellow DisBoarder!!

The show tonight was great - they did 3 sets. Can't remember all the songs they sang (they didn't play Wild Rover - one of my favorites!!) but they were still great. After the 2nd set we ended up talking to Jamie (asked him if they would be at Epcot tomorrow since they weren't on the schedule for last Sunday I got scared that we would miss them tomorrow.) He was really impressed when we told him we were from south Florida and came up to see them play and would be at Epcot tomorrow to see them again. My DH told him we just bought 2 more of their CDs (we had 2 already) and that we only needed one more. He asked which one (Kick It) so he walked over and got one and gave it to us. How cool is that? We are then standing in line for green beer and Tony was also standing in line. My DH asked if he would sign the CD. So of course we ended up getting them all to sign it. Pretty cool since it was the one that Jamie gave us. Now my DH doesn't even want to play the CD!! Should have pictures to post by Monday (well of course I already looked at them but I don't feel like uploading them tonight and I won't have internet access again till Monday.

How nice! They are such great guys! I was thinking about all you Disers rocking out down there :cool1: Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the pictures!

aug16
03-18-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm also a huge Off-Kilter fan. My husband isn't a huge fan of Disney, but loves Off-Kilter, we will sit and watch them through numerous shows when we're at Epcot.

CarolA
03-19-2007, 09:55 AM
As TnTsParty posted, the concert Saturday night was very good. It was good to meet her and her DH (who was the giveaway... she said he had lots of earrings, she wasn't kidding!!!)

Jamie also played with the Orlando Fire Fighters Pipe and Drum Corp who started the music. It appears he has been working with them as they are a new group, I talked to one of the guys in the corp and he said Jaime was thier only "experienced" member.

Jason (fiddler) played with them so it was a slightly different sound. (It's funny seeing them someplace besides Disney, I don't think Disney would allow them to take their Miller Lite on the stage LOL!) The CVS elcheapo I had was a video camera so if I get anything good off of it, I will try to figure out how to upload to YouTube... I will let you know.

TnTsParty
03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
When we were talking to Jamie and told him we we would be at Epcot on Sunday. He told us he didn't know how good they would be after Saturday night. Well true to our word we showed up for the 6:30 and 7:30 show and when they saw us they recognized us. It was pretty cool. They sounded good but a little slow and they didn't have any of their normal spunk, but I don't blame them after the show the night before. I got some pictures and video from last night as well but the pictures from the 730 show didn't come out since I messed with a setting on the camera and they came out blurry. At least the video came out good.

All in all it was a fun weekend (me and my DH have never laughed so much I dubbed it the "Laughing Trip" - won't fill you in on the reasons we were lauging because its personal) We only ended up riding 3 rides (TOT, RnR, and Test Track) but there were big crowds and we aren't big crowd people!!

nts4wdw
03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reports, guys! I've often wondered if they are any "different" playing away from Disney.

joe1946
03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
We love them too, and have all five of their CD's. Any word on when they might be releasing a new album?

madcoco
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Heard it was agreat time over in AvalonPark.CarolA and TnTsParty glad you all had a great time. We would have loved to have made it over there.pirate:

joe1946 Love your sig.

snyderla
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
When DH & I were at the UK pavillion last August, we tried to catch them, but didn't see them on the schedule. When we asked the CM at the little kiosk she said she didn't know who we were talking about! She was a college program CM, had only been there a few days! Boy was she in for a surprise.

I love them, I have the Live CD.

Tinkerboy00
03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
give me a man in a kilt anytime.

Eljay
03-20-2007, 11:51 AM
give me a man in a kilt anytime.

They do look good in the kilts, don't they? :thumbsup2

Hey, just to change gears for a second, how are we gonna get Disney to provide us with more seating in front of the Off Kilter stage?
There used to be several more benches, but about a year or so ago, they removed some of them! My tootsies get tired, I want to sit sometimes, especially when it's hot!

amwhitaker
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Count me as an Off Kilter fan too!! Can't wait to see them in May.

TnTsParty
03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
They do look good in the kilts, don't they? :thumbsup2

Hey, just to change gears for a second, how are we gonna get Disney to provide us with more seating in front of the Off Kilter stage?
There used to be several more benches, but about a year or so ago, they removed some of them! My tootsies get tired, I want to sit sometimes, especially when it's hot!

I know they get a way bigger crowd than what can fit on the benches. We just get there right after the set before is done and that way we are guaranteed a seat. The first time we saw them my DH was in a ECV so we just used that for a seat.

newholidayx2
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
my spot is right behind the last bench! there is NO way that once they start I'll be sitting! Im up dancing before they even come on stage! At the first sound coming from the back I have my dancing shoes on

tidoublegger
03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
DH absolutely loves Off Kilter! We just added an unexpected WDW day for the day before we go on our cruise and plan on going to Epcot! Hopefully they'll be scheduled to play! :goodvibes

TnTsParty
03-20-2007, 02:42 PM
DH absolutely loves Off Kilter! We just added an unexpected WDW day for the day before we go on our cruise and plan on going to Epcot! Hopefully they'll be scheduled to play! :goodvibes

You should be in luck if that day is a Sunday thru Thursday as those are the days they are normally scheduled. Sometimes they are off on a Sunday or a Thursday depending but their usual schedule is Sun thru Thurs. with Fri and Sat off. HTH

Tom Kurowski
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
They are absolutely Fantastic! I just hope Disney does not close them for "refurbishment" when we get there in May! :dance3:
tom

nts4wdw
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
my spot is right behind the last bench! there is NO way that once they start I'll be sitting! Im up dancing before they even come on stage! At the first sound coming from the back I have my dancing shoes on

More benches would be nice, but I can't sit either. And my DH usually has the tripod set up to tape the show! :cool1:

Eljay
03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
They are absolutely Fantastic! I just hope Disney does not close them for "refurbishment" when we get there in May! :dance3:
tom
:love: Don't be silly, my boys are perfect just the way they are!
No "refurb" necessary! :thumbsup2

Ron from Michigan
03-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow.

It's great to see just how many Off Kilter fans there are out there. We always see them perform a bunch of times on every trip. On our last trip we watched there show four times in a row. Of course I had to get a pint from Rose & Crown in between. Let's here from all the rest of the Off Kilter fans out there. :love:

disneyfan61
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM
My husband & I are both fans!! We have one of their CD's & want to get more
in April. We will be listening again this year!!:banana: :banana:

Eljay
03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Don't you guys wish that Off Kilter would make a Christmas CD?
During the holidays, I've seen them do some amazing "rocked-up" Christmas carols. I was blown away by a "We Three Kings / Allman Brother's Whipping Post" combination song last December.
Incredible! pixiedust:

nts4wdw
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
A Off Kilter Christmas CD? I would so be there!!!!:cool1:

madcoco
03-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Any Canadian Fans? Just got in from Edmonton,Alberta this morning There is a great local pub in City Center named Sherlock Holmes. Had the barmaid a little Off Kilter yesterday. She got a little helping of OK mix from the iPod. Big thumbs up and add another fan to the list.pirate:

indigoxtreme
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
We love them too. Heard them the first time in 2005 and thought they were great. Bought my son thier CD and he loved it, so he got to see them this past October. He loves the Bagpipes etc.:goodvibes

Ron from Michigan
03-24-2007, 04:51 AM
A Christmas cd would be great. I bet they would sell alot of them during that time of year at Epcot. Lets keep the post's coming. It's great to hear from so many Off - Kilter fans.

Dizholic
03-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Here are some pictures from my last trip. I spent quite a lot time watching Off Kilter. I took pictures 3 separate time, and none of them came out great. I think it was the sun, and the fact they are constantly moving. They really do put on a great show. I could watch them all day.:thumbsup2
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5254.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5260.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5266.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5657.jpg

nts4wdw
03-24-2007, 10:57 AM
What great pics!! Thanks so much for posting!! They look like they are having a good time! Man, June is not getting here fast enough.

Ron from Michigan
03-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the pics dizholic.

Crazy Kanga
03-24-2007, 02:10 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Off Kilter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!:cloud9:

Eljay
03-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Here are some pictures from my last trip. I spent quite a lot time watching Off Kilter. I took pictures 3 separate time, and none of them came out great. I think it was the sun, and the fact they are constantly moving. They really do put on a great show. I could watch them all day.:thumbsup2
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5254.jpg

Well, excuuuuse me! Would ya just look at Jamie, that flirty piper?!;)

nts4wdw
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Don't let the Kilter thread die! I need more pictures!:hyper:

kt-scarlett
03-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Don't let the Kilter thread die! I need more pictures!:hyper:

Well, if you insist. :lmao: Here's one that is near and dear to my heart. It was taken at the FountainView in May 2001. I don't think I washed that shoulder for a WEEK.:rotfl2:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/maryjamie.jpg

This was taken in February 1999, when I first discovered Jamie and da boys. **sigh** Sorry for the quality, it's an old scan of a photo. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/kilt4zo.gif

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/Off_Kilter.jpg

Mary

beebumble
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I have Off Kilter on my customized Disney map!!!
Cant wait

have a magical nite:cheer2:

CarolA
03-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Mary, the "boys" really look like "boys" in that 1999 photo don't they?

Eljay
03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, if you insist. :lmao: Here's one that is near and dear to my heart. It was taken at the FountainView in May 2001. I don't think I washed that shoulder for a WEEK.:rotfl2:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/kt-scarlett/maryjamie.jpg

Mary

That's great! Wow, you must have been there for the AllEars interview!
This summer marks the 10th anniversary of the boys being at the Canada pavilion. They really were young lads, I became a fan back then!::yes::

Dizholic
03-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Here's a few more
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5649.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5284.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5274.jpg

Eljay
03-27-2007, 08:56 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/Dizholic/Feb%20Mar%202007%20Orlando%20Trip/IMG_5284.jpg

Thanks for sharing!
Mark and Jamie look like they are sleep walking!
Or, "sleep rocking"! :lmao: :laughing: :goodvibes:rotfl: :teeth:

LISAVWL
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I just found this thread -- count me in! :love: Love Jamie! :love: & the boys!

disgram
03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Pictures are great!!!! A man in a kilt and bagpipes!! :love: :love: :love: Doesn't get any better than that!!!! I love their rendition of "Amazing Grace". I start crying and then end up tapping the foot and "rockin" out!!!:rotfl:

nts4wdw
03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the pics, everyone! I've only been following them since 2002, so it was cool to see the older ones. I wouldn't wash that shoulder either!!

madcoco
03-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing them.:)

gatormark67
03-27-2007, 05:17 PM
My family loves "Off Kilter," we always make time for a show.

FWIW...I would encourage you to buy their cds from THEIR website and NOT EPCOT. I love the Mouse, but I promise you that Off Kilter would much prefer you to buy directly from them.

I have a bit of experience in this area and a band will receive a small percentage from a retail sale...but they get 100% of what they sell direct from concerts and web sales.

Just a thought...and They may have a great deal arranged with the Mouse, but that would be very much out of the norm.

Do any of you all like, "Enter The Haggis?" That is another band we like a lot.

CarolA
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
But of course the website has issues.....it's currently down again. (Hint to the boys, technology is not your enemy LOL!)

This message has been there for a few days

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.offkilter.net Port 80

Ron from Michigan
03-29-2007, 09:37 AM
I wish they would update there web site on a regular basis.

AshleyMWC
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for turning me on to Off Kilter. I have never heard them in person (well I have passed by them before on the way to Le Cellier), but I was convinced to order the Live CD upon hearing such great things from everyone. It came in yesterday and I totally love it!! I can't wait to hear them in October. This trip is just me and my mom, and since she is not a thrill rider (motion sickness- not pretty :lmao: ) this will be perfect!! THANKS! :thumbsup2

CarolA
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the club Ashley.

And in person they are so funny! I don't think you get a lot of that on the CD (although Live does give you a good taste!)
Hope you get to see them and enjoy them.

nts4wdw
03-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Great choice on CDs, Ashley! I'm constantly listening to that one. I'm gonna pick up another in June. Any suggestions, Kilter fans? I know everyone loves the Live CD. What's your next pic for favorite? TIA:)

packwingfn
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I only have 2 CDS. I have the Live one and Celtic Armadillo. I would really recommand buying Celtic Armadillo, it has a lot of good songs on it. I can't wait til I do the Disney CP in the Fall. I will be at the Off Kilter stage like every day I visit EPCOT (at least once a week). It would be even better if I worked in the World Showcase then I would be there every single day :)

Last trip, I requested to play Alive and next set they played it as their second song while they pointed to me when they said this song goes out to special request. I love the great job they put on each and every day.

nts4wdw
03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Last trip, I requested to play Alive and next set they played it as their second song while they pointed to me when they said this song goes out to special request. I love the great job they put on each and every day.

I love Alive!! I think that's my favorite of the Live CD, although I am quite fond of Wild Rover. Alright Celtic Armadillo is in the running for my next CD!:goodvibes

CarolA
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I confess, I have ALL of the CD's LOL!

Celtic Armadillo is actually my favorite. I feel like they "induldged" themselves and there are some things on there you will never hear in the park. (Ode to a Zeta and Dark Island for example) I think it's a very good CD.

Next would actually be Live, then the Origial (Off Kilter), Etched in Stone and Kick It (in thatorder) Although Kick It also has some great tracks.

Eljay
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I have all 5 of their CD's and love them all, but I think that Celtic Armadillo and Kick It! are both masterpieces. They both have several excellent, original compositions as well as great traditionals, some rocked up, some not.:thumbsup2

nts4wdw
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking Celtic Armadillo is going to be my choice. They did play one song from Kick it last trip that I really liked (can't remember the name.) I can't wait to hear some more of their original stuff. Thanks everybody for your suggestions.:thumbsup2

packwingfn
03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I also like "Here I stand" and "Nothing Changes" on celtic. Both have become my favorite songs by them too. I can't wait to hear those songs live. I know they play Here I Stand but I wonder if they ever play nothing changes....Any comments on that?

Ron from Michigan
03-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Welcome to the club AshleyMWC. You are going to love Off Kilter. On our last trip we watch every show they did on the day we were at Epcot. Let's keep the tread going. I'm sure there are millions of fans we have not heard from yet. :)

Eljay
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I also like "Here I stand" and "Nothing Changes" on celtic. Both have become my favorite songs by them too. I can't wait to hear those songs live. I know they play Here I Stand but I wonder if they ever play nothing changes....Any comments on that?

I've heard them play Nothing Changes at Epcot. You can always request songs, but you have a better chance of them being able to do them for you if the entire band is there that day, with no subs.

newholidayx2
03-30-2007, 07:11 PM
so what songs can only be played when certain members are present?

I believe I heard all (at least most) of their songs when we were there last Aug. Only another 21 more days and I'll be there again!

Eljay
03-30-2007, 08:30 PM
so what songs can only be played when certain members are present?

I believe I heard all (at least most) of their songs when we were there last Aug. Only another 21 more days and I'll be there again!

Well, I guess it depends on what songs the subs have rehearsed. I have requested songs when there were subs present and Mark has told me that the sub didn't know that particular song.

newholidayx2
03-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Doesnt Mark have the most amazing voice? all the guys are great!
I had the pleasure of getting up on stage w/them last Aug for pictures and autographs. Will bring back my other CDs this year for more autographs!

TnTsParty
03-31-2007, 03:43 PM

When I was at Epcot March 18th they played Nothing Changes. I love that song. I also love Here I Stand but didn't hear that one live. I love their original songs especially from Celtic Armadillo and Kick It. I have all of their CDs and I like Celtic Armadillo and Kick It and Live Tracks the best - my copy of Kick It is special since on St Patricks Day we were given that CD by Jamie and had all the guys sign it. Looking forward to seeing them again in May!! :banana:

Ron from Michigan
04-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I just finished listing to celtic armadillo, what an awesome cd.

KingdomHearts
04-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Off Kilter ROCKS ! We see them everytime we go down ! My DH met them and they were awesome!

Ron from Michigan
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
We also got to meet them on our last trip. It was so great to talk to them for a little while. They are so great with there fans. :)

TnTsParty
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Aren't they great guys? They are very appreciative of their fans. What was funny to me was it seemed like they were amazed that we would travel 3 hours to see them when they performed in East Orlando on St Patty's day. I will be glad when May gets here so I can see them again. Now that I discovered Off Kilter my Disney trips seem to be coming more often (and breaking the bank!! LOL)

NancyIL
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I really enjoyed seeing/hearing them a few weeks ago, and I also met Kathy (dznyacct) in the audience. They really do look so much younger in that 1999 photo! They're all adorable - but I'm partial to keyboard players. ;)

I've been told that they'll be recording another CD soon - yay! I agree that buying the CD from them online benefits the buyer and the group - as you will pay a flat $20 via mailorder vs $20 + tax at WDW.

When I was at WDW in October, Jamie wasn't there, but Jason filled in on the fiddle. He was fantastic! If I had never seen the group before, I never would've missed the bagpipes. I would love to hear them when both Jamie and Jason are playing - but I suppose that doesn't happen at Epcot.

Can't wait to return in 2 weeks. I sure hope they're playing on Thursday, April 19 when I arrive - and I hope my afternoon plane is on time!

BC1836
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
As a musician, I appreciate and respect Off Kilter. They are all superb musicians, and their self-deprecating on-stage humor is first rate. Their interpretive songs are excellent but their originals, like "Alive" and "Like You" are even better.

Jamie Holton is a consumate front man and his piping skills are amazing. His goofy deportment will never shroud his musical brilliance.

Marl Weldon's bass playing becomes more sophisticated each season. And his vocals carry the band.

Tony Escapa's keyboard work is appropriate, unpretentious yet stylish. His rare solos are skillful flights of musical fancy.

Randy Holbrook has successfully adopted every classic riff---from Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers to Eddie Van Halen---into an eclectic style all his own. His intro on "Danny Boy" deserves maximum volume.

Scott Zymowski? He's probably one of the best drummers around. Period. His percussion work does not go unappreciated.

newholidayx2
04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
As a musician, I appreciate and respect Off Kilter. They are all superb musicians, and their self-deprecating on-stage humor is first rate. Their interpretive songs are excellent but their originals, like "Alive" and "Like You" are even better.

Jamie Holton is a consumate front man and his piping skills are amazing. His goofy deportment will never shroud his musical brilliance.

Marl Weldon's bass playing becomes more sophisticated each season. And his vocals carry the band.

Tony Escapa's keyboard work is appropriate, unpretentious yet stylish. His rare solos are skillful flights of musical fancy.

Randy Holbrook has successfully adopted every classic riff---from Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers to Eddie Van Halen---into an eclectic style all his own. His intro on "Danny Boy" deserves maximum volume.

Scott Zymowski? He's probably one of the best drummers around. Period. His percussion work does not go unappreciated.

thank you so much for putting their talent into words

Inlovew/dis
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
We LOVE to see Off Kilter AND British Invasion! Can't wait to see them in June!:flower3:

Ron from Michigan
04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks BC1836 for putting into words about how I feel about these guys. Our trip to WDW would not be complete for my wife and I without seeing our group perform many, many times. They are just so great to watch and hear in person.

When I started this thread I had no idea I would be getting this big of a responce. It just shows how much we all really love OFF KILTER.

Now let's keep those post comming.

BC1836
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
You are quite welcome, Ron.
When we first saw them a decade ago, I was impressed on many levels. The musicianship was first rate and their stage presence expressed confidence. But when that first EPCOT visitor approached to take a photo during one of their songs... You know the rest: Jamie, Mark and Randy group shoulder-to-shoulder and deliver a "say-cheese" grin! Their response seemed to say "we're not elitists; we're one of you!" And yet it was oh so cool.

NancyIL
04-05-2007, 09:51 AM
You are quite welcome, Ron.
When we first saw them a decade ago, I was impressed on many levels. The musicianship was first rate and their stage presence expressed confidence. But when that first EPCOT visitor approached to take a photo during one of their songs... You know the rest: Jamie, Mark and Randy group shoulder-to-shoulder and deliver a "say-cheese" grin! Their response seemed to say "we're not elitists; we're one of you!" And yet it was oh so cool.

Wow - 10 years! I am pretty sure I didn't hear them until late Nov. 1999, because I remember getting their autographs back then. (Yep - just checked my photo album from 11/99 with pics of the group!) I would usually listen to them once per trip, but then I went through a British Invasion phase for several years! It's only in the past year that I've been sitting through every set every day they play when I'm there - and I bought all 5 of their CD's in 2006 - one per trip! :)

Ron from Michigan
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
BC1836, You are so right. Since the first time we saw them about 10 years ago we were impressed by how great they were. They were so much better than the average theme park entertainment. They are just so fantastic. I f they ever come around Michigan I guarentee we will be there to watch them. We always try to set aside one day during our trip so that we can just watch them all day. :)

leahannpen
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I became a huge fan on our last trip in April of '06. We are headed back in 26 days and they are on my itinerary. I can't wait to see them. We bought 3 CD's and I love each one.

I had always heard about them, but never took the time to actually wait to see them. Now I'm so sorry I did. The are awsome. We were lucky enough to wait around at the end and meet them. They invited us up on stage for pictures and stuff. How cool...they are SO nice!

CAN'T WAIT!!:banana: :love: :cloud9: :goodvibes :cool1: :thumbsup2 :yay: :rolleyes1 :cheer2: :flower3: :cool2:

kt-scarlett
04-05-2007, 10:21 AM
That's great! Wow, you must have been there for the AllEars interview!
This summer marks the 10th anniversary of the boys being at the Canada pavilion. They really were young lads, I became a fan back then!::yes::

Wow, you DO know your OK history. LOL! Yes, I was there for that interview and even took the pix on the allearsnet page, a moment I will never forget. Hubba Hubba Hubba. :love:

packwingfn
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
When I was at Epcot March 18th they played Nothing Changes. I love that song. I also love Here I Stand but didn't hear that one live. I love their original songs especially from Celtic Armadillo and Kick It. I have all of their CDs and I like Celtic Armadillo and Kick It and Live Tracks the best - my copy of Kick It is special since on St Patricks Day we were given that CD by Jamie and had all the guys sign it. Looking forward to seeing them again in May!!

I will probably just have to visit EPCOT every day just to hear Nothing Changes and all their other amazing songs. (I will be doing the CP in the fall). lol

Na that will defnitely be my next request first day I see them

TnTsParty
04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Packwingfn - lucky you - have fun in the CP I am sure its a great experience that I wish I would have known about when I was in college.

Our next trip I am planning in May for the Swan so we can be close to Epcot. We are mainly going for the Flower & Garden festival but I am going to make sure I sit in at as many Off Kilter sets as I can in the 2 days we are staying and if my DH doesn't like he can just go back to the room!! LOL :laughing:

jimmacmn
04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Probably something in my Scotish heritage, but I love the pipes. I've been a fan of Off Kilter for 7 or 8 years now and we always spend a few sets every visit to Epcot listening to them play. Except, that is, our last trip the first week of December. They weren't there that week! I was so disappointed! I have 4 of the 5 CDs. I like the Live tracks CD(listening to it right now), but I have to say I'm heavily hooked on "Nova Scotia/Scotland the Brave on the "Off Kilter" CD.

We'll be going again in October and hopefully I'll get my Off Kilter fix at that point.

One of the posts posed the idea of a Christmas CD. I'm in for that one.

Ron from Michigan
04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
I have the live cd in right now while I am on my favorite website the Dis. :)

Eljay
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Just a heads up for anybody visiting Epcot tomorrow, Wednesday April 11th, be sure to wish Off Kilter keyboard player Tony a Happy Birthday!:cake: :bday: :wave:

Ron from Michigan
04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info Eljay. I hope those who saw your post will say Happy Birthday to Tony. I wish I was going to be there to do it myself. I would much rather be there than freezing up here in Michigan. It's supposed to be spring and it's still snowing here. :confused3

NancyIL
04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Happy Birthday to Tony! I'm sure he won't see this, but I hope he'll have a great day any way!

I'll be there a week from tomorrow - sure hope they're playing that day (Thursday).

NancyIL
04-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I just checked this week's Off Kilter schedule, and they are NOT playing this Thursday (4/19) - the day I arrive! :sad:

newholidayx2
04-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I saw that - sorry
I arrive Fri and know they dont play Fri & Sat
Hoping for next Sun-Thurs

NancyIL
04-15-2007, 08:53 AM
I saw that - sorry
I arrive Fri and know they dont play Fri & Sat
Hoping for next Sun-Thurs

My plane arrives at 3:25 Thursday, and I had rented a car for a quicker trip to WDW. Guess there's no need to hurry now! My birthday is next Sunday, so I sure hope they'll be there Sunday and Monday!

CarolA
04-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Sunday Nancy. There's a 50/50 chance I will be there. Have a potential business meeting in the area Monday and if it comes thru I am going to fly down on Sunday morning.

(Also if you want some deals on souviners, head over to www.celebrationrotary.com for details on a GREAT sale next weekend. http://homepage.mac.com/yheoadl/rotary/files/disney_liquidation_sale_2007.pdf)

Eljay
04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Maybe with a little good luck and pixiedust: pixiedust, you'll get to see them on Sun/Mon. I think the chances are good since they are very rarely off on those days. :thumbsup2
Also, :bday: :charac2::rockband: :shamrock:

Ron from Michigan
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed NancyIL that you will get to see Off Kilter next Sunday. By the way Happy Birthday. Let us know when you get back if you got to see our group. :)

newholidayx2
04-15-2007, 11:12 AM
I'll be there watching with your next Sun & Mon Nancy
want to try to get to their first set on Sunday!
have a Happy Birthday

NancyIL
04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your good wishes, everyone! Carol - I hope the potential business meeting comes through for you. newholidayx2 - I'll probably see you there. I generally stand just behind the single bench on the left, facing the stage. If I remember, I'll be wearing a "Today is my birthday" button. :teeth:

newholidayx2
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
newholidayx2 - I'll probably see you there. I generally stand just behind the single bench on the left, facing the stage. If I remember, I'll be wearing a "Today is my birthday" button. :teeth:

too funny! I'll most likely be right next to you! I may sit down btwn their sets but right when they are due to come out from the back I stand right behind the left bench. No way can I stay seated once they start! Im too busy singing, dancing, clapping and cheering them on! see ya there
(my fanny pack has a limegreen button on it and I have a WDW tote bag)

CarolA
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I will look for you if I make. Not a clue what I will be wearing or taking. Most of my "Disney" stuff is in the Owner's Locker (it's a service that stores stuff) but I can't use it since I am not staying on property. So... I will just have to rummage up something! LOL!

kiddisney
04-15-2007, 02:36 PM
wow - 10 years - we were there in the beginning and have to see them everytime we go - when my son was young he loved to dance and they brought him on stage - and now that we have another baby - he's been trying to sneak on-stage with the guys - both have been listening to the cd's so much they know all the songs - for us - food and wine is the best time - maple glazed salmon - beer cheese soup and off kilter - and a dancing baby - priceless

NancyIL
04-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Carol - I'll recognize you if you're there. :)

newholidayx2 - looks like we might be fighting over the same spot behind the left bench. :teeth: I have a lunch reservation at 1:00 next Sunday - so IF they're playing that day (and they'd better be!) - I sure hope they don't start until 2:30!

Eljay
04-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Orlando weather looks awesome!
Let's hope the girls meet up tomorrow and report in here.:cool1:

Ron from Michigan
04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Eljay, I agree lets hope we hear that they got to see an awesome Off Kilter show.

CarolA
04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I made the last two shows last night. I didn't see Nancy, but there were BIG crowds there.

Shows were great as usual. (I am not the song list type so don't ask me what they played) I was just happy that all five of them were there. (I always seem to get at least one sub!)

CarolA
04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Update

I made a few shows last night and did meet NancyIL and NewHolidayx2. It was great meeting them, but NewHolidayx2 was a little disappointed that Nancy and I would not "get on the open dance floor" Shows were great, but apparently I missed one of the highlights, Jamie jumping off the stage. Hopefully one of the others will post that story.

Since I don't talk to the band I have no other gossip to report....

Eljay
04-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for following up with us, CarolA.
Darn, I'm sorry I missed all 5 band members, that seems to be hard to catch lately.
I can't believe that Jamie :jumping3: jumped off the stage! What was up with that?
You mean, like, off the stage and down to the audience level?:lmao:

CarolA
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I believe he had to jump off the stage... seems like the microphone took a dive?

Eljay
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
:rotfl2: Haha! I saw that happen once when he was doing his little toss from hand to hand trick. He missed the catch and it flew across the stage!:rotfl:

CarolA
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
:rotfl2: Haha! I saw that happen once when he was doing his little toss from hand to hand trick. He missed the catch and it flew across the stage!:rotfl:

I haven't seen that, but I have seen him get to run to the sound booth. They were in the middle of a set and I guess for some reason Mark decided to change the play list. Mark says they are going to Danny Boy and there is some sounds of "WHOA" and some scrambling by Randy to change his settings. All of the sudden Jamie looks around and realizes he has NO whistles. He waves at the sound booth and starts running up the hill where he meets the sound guy with his whistle. He got back JUST in time!

Eljay
04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
That's one of the things I love about Off Kilter, you never know what to expect next. You can always count on good music, though!;)

Ron from Michigan
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear that you got to see a couple of shows last night CarolA. I can't wait to our next trip so we can see them.

NancyIL
04-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm back! Carol - it was great to see you again! It was also very nice to meet Arlene (dizholic) and Barb (newholidayx2). Carol, Barb, and I had a great time last night (Monday) during Off Kilter's last set - sitting on the front left bench...except when Barb had to get up to dance!

During OK's first set Monday, Jamie accidentally hit his microphone (on the stand) with his hand, and the end of it flew into the bushes just below the stage. After a brief "what do I do now?" look -he jumped down into the bushes, picked up the flying piece, and hopped back onto the stage....as his kilt made a nice whirl! Too bad I didn't have my camera out....it would've made a GREAT video!!! :teeth:

CarolA
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Nancy,
Thanks for posting the story. I knew it was a "classic" Jamie moment. (I was there one time when he broke the microphone stand while "dancing" with it.... He then looks up at the sound booth where the poor sound guy comes down to fix his latest crisis LOL!)

newholidayx2
04-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Nancy and Carol - great to meet both of you
I did manage to see 4 of the 5 shows on Thurs. Missed the first as I went to the Poly on my way back from the MK to get a Lapu Lapu (it was a 1pm show). I met my little 4yr old dancing friend and during their last set on Thurs got up with her right in front of the stage and danced with her there! lol Not behind the bench, or btwn the benches - nope it was right up in front of the stage! Hey it was the last time I'll see them until August so I figured why the heck not. I caught 22 of their 25 sets this past week.

On Thurs Billy Van was playing in place of Mark. Randy brought out more of the playful side of his personality

NancyIL
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Nancy and Carol - great to meet both of you
I did manage to see 4 of the 5 shows on Thurs. Missed the first as I went to the Poly on my way back from the MK to get a Lapu Lapu (it was a 1pm show). I met my little 4yr old dancing friend and during their last set on Thurs got up with her right in front of the stage and danced with her there! lol Not behind the bench, or btwn the benches - nope it was right up in front of the stage! Hey it was the last time I'll see them until August so I figured why the heck not. I caught 22 of their 25 sets this past week.

Welcome back, Barb. Maybe they'll forget about that dance...by August! :teeth: I wish I were going to see them again in August - not that I particularly want to be in FL then. Guess I'll just have to wait until October.

Ron from Michigan
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Guess who I'm listening right now. You guessed right

OFF KILTER

NancyIL
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Guess who I'm listening right now. You guessed right

OFF KILTER

Which CD?

Ron from Michigan
04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
NancyIL , I have there live cd in. Have you or anyone heard if they are going to have a new cd out ? :)

NancyIL
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
NancyIL , I have there live cd in. Have you or anyone heard if they are going to have a new cd out ? :)

When I was there last month, I was told by a local who sees most of their shows that they were hoping to record in the near future. When I was there last week, the same person said he didn't know when it would be. They have enough material for a 6th CD.

CarolA
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I was told by the guy selling stuff for them at Avalon Park that they were going to do another CD, but like Nancy I didn't get any details on dates.

Barb,glad you are back. 22/25 may be a new record! I don't think I have heard Billy Van. (I always get Dave as the stand in for Mark.)

Ron from Michigan
05-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Let's hope they have a new one out later this year when we go. :)

quiltymom
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I haven't read the thread, but I would like to purchase one Off Kilter CD. Which one do y'all recommend as their best?

I know that I'll get multiple responses, but that's fine!

CarolA
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
My two top favorites are Live and Celtic Armadillo.

Live is very much like seeing them at Epcot.

dznyacct
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Another vote for Live Tracks. I have all their CDs and that one is my favorite. It has lots of songs and like others have said, you can close your eyes and imagine that you're at WDW hearing them live :)!!

digskat
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
have missed them all 4 time we have gone to Epcot. Hopefully this November.

Dizholic
05-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm back! Carol - it was great to see you again! It was also very nice to meet Arlene (dizholic) and Barb (newholidayx2). Carol, Barb, and I had a great time last night (Monday) during Off Kilter's last set - sitting on the front left bench...except when Barb had to get up to dance!

During OK's first set Monday, Jamie accidentally hit his microphone (on the stand) with his hand, and the end of it flew into the bushes just below the stage. After a brief "what do I do now?" look -he jumped down into the bushes, picked up the flying piece, and hopped back onto the stage....as his kilt made a nice whirl! Too bad I didn't have my camera out....it would've made a GREAT video!!! :teeth:

Hi Nancy, is was very nice meeting you also. I never did get back to see anymore shows, my DH is not an OK fan, and he kept me moving around World Showcase. I read further down the page that you were going back in October. When will you be there? We go every year in Oct. for the F&WF, and this year we will be there 10/13 thru 10/20.

newholidayx2
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
DS15 & I will be in WDW (staying at Riverside & VWL) 8/10-17 - will do the parks with him morn/midday then I'll be off to Off Kilter late afternoon/night

11/9-16 (BCV stay again) when I return for my 50th Im planning to catch most of the Off Kilter sets that week

Currently listening to Celtic Armadillo - gotta love it when the boss is out!

xipetotec
05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
As a Canadian I felt compelled to like these guys.
They represent the Canada Pavillion. I thought it was sorta cheesy that they were "Celtic". I know this is sort of a stereotype of Canadian music and culture, so I decided alright, I mean they're good! So what the heck.

THEN I found out not one of them is even Canadian... well that sorta popped the bubble for me... Not that it's a problem REALLY... but they are supposed to be "The Canadian Band" at Epcot.

CarolA
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
The guitar player is married to a Canadian, Does that count?

Eljay
05-02-2007, 12:30 PM
As a Canadian I felt compelled to like these guys.
They represent the Canada Pavillion. I thought it was sorta cheesy that they were "Celtic". I know this is sort of a stereotype of Canadian music and culture, so I decided alright, I mean they're good! So what the heck.

THEN I found out not one of them is even Canadian... well that sorta popped the bubble for me... Not that it's a problem REALLY... but they are supposed to be "The Canadian Band" at Epcot.

The piper wears a Nova Scotia tartan kilt, does that count?:rolleyes1
And, when he's off, a Canadian fiddler takes his place, does that count?:flower3:

waltskids
05-02-2007, 12:51 PM
DH and I love Off Kilter!!! We see them every trip:cool1:

NancyIL
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Nancy, is was very nice meeting you also. I never did get back to see anymore shows, my DH is not an OK fan, and he kept me moving around World Showcase. I read further down the page that you were going back in October. When will you be there? We go every year in Oct. for the F&WF, and this year we will be there 10/13 thru 10/20.

I'll be at WDW Oct. 7-14. Since Off Kilter doesn't play on Saturdays, and since Epcot is mighty crowded on weekends during Food & Wine - I don't know if I'll be there on 10/13.

I don't care if Off Kilter is the "band of Japan"...I'll listen to them wherever they are! :)

NancyIL
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
DS15 & I will be in WDW (staying at Riverside & VWL) 8/10-17 - will do the parks with him morn/midday then I'll be off to Off Kilter late afternoon/night

11/9-16 (BCV stay again) when I return for my 50th Im planning to catch most of the Off Kilter sets that week

Currently listening to Celtic Armadillo - gotta love it when the boss is out!

That's exactly how my son and I "do" WDW: we spend the morning together, and then I go to Epcot to hear Off Kilter!

I wish I could join you for your 50th birthday celebration in November. But since I'm hoping to return 11/22 with my husband and 3 kids - I don't think flying down the week before would go over well!

lovingthemouse
05-03-2007, 02:30 PM
DH and I love listening to Off Kilter each time we're at Epcot!!! Caroline

captinhookedondisney
05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
What's OFF KILTER

newholidayx2
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
That's exactly how my son and I "do" WDW: we spend the morning together, and then I go to Epcot to hear Off Kilter!

I wish I could join you for your 50th birthday celebration in November. But since I'm hoping to return 11/22 with my husband and 3 kids - I don't think flying down the week before would go over well!

oh come on Nancy! free place to stay!

NancyIL
05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
oh come on Nancy! free place to stay!

Yeah??? :woohoo: Maybe - if a really good airfare turned up!

NancyIL
05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
What's OFF KILTER

www.offkilter.net
They play at the Canadian Pavilion at Epcot most Sundays-Thursdays...except for the Thursday *I* arrived 2 weeks ago! :rolleyes:

mrmagicmph
05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
If anybody's going to be seeing Off Kilter perform in the next few weeks, I was wondering if someone might perhaps do ALL the Off Kilter fans a favor.

As you may know, there are many internet "radio" stations, including the Dis's own one, which are broadcast via Live365 or other systems. Among the many WONDERFUL Disney music that's played on these stations are several selections from Off Kilter.

However, Internet radio is being threatened by MUCH higher rates, and many groups (Yahoo, Live365, and many many others) have banded together to try to have Congress change this. As listeners, many people have contacted legislators to ask them to oppose the higher rates. But, it's not only listeners who can and should be trying to convince the legislators. The Artists too should be speaking out.

While Off Kilter is very popular & beloved by many of us here on the Dis, many more people, while hunting around online for music first experience their wonderful music and fun. Additionally, when you're away from the parks for far too long, the sound of Alive or Mari Mac can bring the magic home or to work.

So, if anybody's going to see Off Kilter in the next few weeks, if you would, ask them if they know about what's been going on with Internet radio, and if they'd like to make their voices heard, with the legislators, not just the fans. I can't & won't speculate how the Dis or other stations individually feel about the rate changes, I know many broadcasters fear they will have to cease operation and we'll lose the wonderful opportunities to hear Off Kilter away from the parks other than their CDs (which I love, don't misunderstand!).

Make sure that they know about what's going on, if you would, since it would be a shame for them to not even know that one venue for their music may be silenced.

Thanks, & keep on singing along to Sweet Home Alberta! :goodvibes

NancyIL
05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
This thread needs a bump!

mrmagicmph - I hope someone who will see Off Kilter in the near future will do as you suggested.

Ron from Michigan
05-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Let's try and help our mrmagicmph. Anybody seen Off Kilter this week ?

CarolA
06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Off Kilter related triva.

Randy Holbrook (guitar) is currently appearing several evenings a week at Sea World in Shamu Rocks

http://www.seaworld.com/swf/as_shamu_rocks.aspx

There are videos of the show on You Tube, but I couldn't find the band!

Ron from Michigan
06-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info CarolA. I wonder if he is performing on his off days from Off Kilter ? I hope this does not mean that he will be missing time with Off Kilter.

CarolA
06-01-2007, 02:27 PM
My source tells me it's the same days but a couple of hours later (I think the show is at closing at Sea World) so he shouldn't miss OK shows for this one.

DizzDoll
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
We love Off Kilter too and will be in Epcot in August. Are they there then? Dying to see them, but I do have their live CD blaring away in the car:yay:

TnTsParty
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
DizzDoll - Off Kilter is permently at the Canada pavilion in Epcot so they will be there in August. They normally play Sunday-Thursday - sometimes they take a Sunday or Thursday off but not usually. They also normally have the following hours on those days - 2:30, 3:30, 5:30, 6:30 & 7:30 occasionally they will start at 1:30 and cut out the 7:30 show but that is usually in the fall/winter months when it gets dark sooner. Have fun and enjoy Off Kilter (hopefully your trip will coincide with one of the days they perform)

TnTsParty
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
My source tells me it's the same days but a couple of hours later (I think the show is at closing at Sea World) so he shouldn't miss OK shows for this one.

From what I read I think he is performing at Sea World at 9:30 PM and I think most of the days he is also performing with Off Kilter at Epcot - he is going to be a busy boy!! Looks like the show at Sea World its just him and the whales - kinda neat!!

abbybeth
06-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I haven't seen them ... YET. They are a number one priority for my parents and I to see in Epcot this September (we're going for our first trip!)

I was a highland dancer for many years and we are part Scottish, so the bagpipes absolutely have a special place in our hearts!

I think I'm looking forward to Off Kilter as much as I am looking forward to seeing Cindy's Castle for the first time in my life ... and that's A LOT!!!:rotfl:

DizzDoll
06-01-2007, 04:10 PM
DizzDoll - Off Kilter is permently at the Canada pavilion in Epcot so they will be there in August. They normally play Sunday-Thursday - sometimes they take a Sunday or Thursday off but not usually. They also normally have the following hours on those days - 2:30, 3:30, 5:30, 6:30 & 7:30 occasionally they will start at 1:30 and cut out the 7:30 show but that is usually in the fall/winter months when it gets dark sooner. Have fun and enjoy Off Kilter (hopefully your trip will coincide with one of the days they perform)

Thank you!! I'm gonna make SURE to be there - sooo looking forward to this trip. :cheer2:

CarolA
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Go here for the weekly schedule

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

CarolA
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Just a quick update.

I was in Disney last Sunday/Monday and Tuesday and saw one show each day (2:30 Sunday, 4:30 Monday and 7:30 Tuesday)

The shows were very good, but I think Jamie may have been "off his game" In three shows I heard not ONE word from Jamie. No singing, no jokes etc. Mark did all the talking. Very strange!

They did have a substitue drummer and between that and Jamie's silence it seemed that we had a more limited range of songs... (not sure which was the cause Jamie or the drummer, but I heard a lot of the same songs!)

nts4wdw
07-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Sure hope he's OK! Let us know if you hear anything.

Ron from Michigan
07-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Let's hope there is nothing wrong. Maybe he was just having to rest his voice for a few days.

princesskelz
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
FOLLOW ME UP TO CARLOW!!!! LOVE THAT SONG I KNOW IT BY HEART!!! OFF KILTER IS THE BEST BAND IN DISNEY!!!

goofyme
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
have not gone to wdw since 2000..was wondering if they would still be there in october. this rocks. my favorite was listening them play a Rush song..funny at first but then i realized how talented they were to play anything Rush... what songs have you heard them play by Rush? i can't remember now

Eljay
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
have not gone to wdw since 2000..was wondering if they would still be there in october. this rocks. my favorite was listening them play a Rush song..funny at first but then i realized how talented they were to play anything Rush... what songs have you heard them play by Rush? i can't remember now

They don't really play any complete Rush songs. There is a riff from Tom Sawyer in one of their instrumentals. You can hear tidbits of other artists in some of their music. More so in the older work.
They have 5 CD's now!
You most likely will see them in October. They have been on a Sunday - Thursday schedule lately. (Friday & Saturday off.)
Off Kilter celebrated their 10th anniversary in Epcot this month!
Same original 5 members.

nts4wdw
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I was just checking YouTube for Off Kilter home videos. (Yes, I do that occasionally!) :) Someone had posted the video they had taken on July 1 (OK's tenth anniversary.) One was Run, Run Away and poor Jamie was singing with a terrible lisp!! Maybe that's why he was not singing the other day? If he's having trouble with his mouth or teeth, that can take awhile to heal, bless his heart!
Sure hope everything is OK! Let us know if anyone hears anything! I worry about my favorite band!

dznyacct
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM
ooohhhh, that was hard to watch :(. I wonder what was wrong with Jamie????? I sure hope he's feeling better by the time me and my two friends invade WDW in September :)!

EpcotKilterFan
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
To get my fix until I can see them in December. These are from my trip in May.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1675.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1680.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1678.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1665.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1660.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1663.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1636.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/May%202007/IMG_1647.jpg

Debbie

deedeew80
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I will be going to WDW in August. Is there anywhere you can get a schedule of times Off Kilter will be performing in Epcot? I've been looking everywhere, but have had no luck. It doesn't say much on their website. TIA!

EpcotKilterFan
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I will be going to WDW in August. Is there anywhere you can get a schedule of times Off Kilter will be performing in Epcot? I've been looking everywhere, but have had no luck. It doesn't say much on their website. TIA!

You can check this site late Saturday night (around 9 pm) the week before you leave. It has the schedule for the upcoming week (Sunday through Saturday). What is on there now is pretty much their schedule, but it does change at times and occasionally they are off a day during the week for rehearsal

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/ Click on Epcot at the tab on the top

Enjoy!

Debbie

Ron from Michigan
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info nts4wdw. I hope Jamie will be doing much better soon. If any one has any idea on how he's doing I hope they will post it here.

Thanks for the great pictures EpcotKilterFan. :)

nts4wdw
07-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Great Pics!! Thanks so much for posting them!!

Eljay
07-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Yikes! Debbie, those pics are fantastic!:flower:
I love the hands!

I believe that the lisping on the video is an audio problem with the microphone on the camera.

madge
07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I believe that the lisping on the video is an audio problem with the microphone on the camera.
I think so, too!

NancyIL
07-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I just got home from a roadtrip, where I listened to all 5 Off Kilter CD's several times - so it's nice to see this thread is still alive!

For my Oct 7-14 week at WDW - I found out that my Orlando to Chicago flight time was changed from a 4 p.m. departure to a 7 p.m. one on Sunday - so I can hear one or two sets of Off Kilter before I have to head for the airport! :cool1:

newholidayx2
07-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Hi Nancy - glad that worked out well for you - I know how much you LOVE Off Kilter
I had a 2hr drive each way to the Cape last wknd and guess what I listened to?

Anyone see them recently? hows jamie's voice? is he back to singing? Hope he's ok

NancyIL
08-17-2007, 03:22 PM
newholidayx2 ought to be getting back from WDW tonight - so I hope she'll have an Off Kilter update for us! Were the boys in fine form, Barb? ;)

newholidayx2
08-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Saw alot more of the Off Kilter shows than I was planning - which was great! Was at WDW w/DS15 and had no idea how often I would get to see them

The original 5 boys were there Sun & Mon then starting Tues there were replacements for Jamie. The band had a different sound w/their replacements (Jason and ?) playing the fiddle instead of the bagpipe but they still sounded great. Jamie is due to return next week.
He also just had a 2 week vacation - Mark assured me Jamie's okay

Spoke w/both Randi and Mark a few times - love my boys! lol
Requested Reel & Roll a few times
Came home w/a blood blister on my heel after dancing barefoot Wed night - ouch

Saw Head Honcho and he says hello Nancy - told him you'll be there in Oct. Also hung out at Rose & Crown w/Head Honcho and his friends a few times.

Had great fun and warned Off Kilter I'll be back in Nov for my 50th!

NancyIL
08-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Welcome back, Barb! Dancing barefoot, eh? Hope you kept your shirt on! ;) Did you listen to British Invasion, too?

I saw Jason playing fiddle for the first time last Oct. when Jamie was gone. Had I not known that there was a bagpiper in the group - I wouldn't have missed it.

Glad to know HH is still alive and well, and enjoying his time between OK sets at the Rose & Crown!

newholidayx2
08-18-2007, 07:32 PM
of course I listened to British Invasion too
and caught parts of sets of MoRockin also

Hey! I just booked next April!

nts4wdw
08-18-2007, 08:17 PM

Thanks for the report and congrats on new ressies!!!

Ron from Michigan
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the report newholidayx2. :)

NancyIL
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM

That's great! I wish I could return in April, but the timing doesn't work then. However, I'll be there for 4 days in January - to recover from spending 4 days with my mom on a Disney cruise! I'll also be there on Easter night and the next morning. That's not the best time to be at WDW, but I'm hoping I can catch a set or two of OK!!! :)

CarolA
08-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the report.

I HOPE to get to see the boys in October. Not sure I can really take off work for this trip so it may be December!!!!

NancyIL
08-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the report.

I HOPE to get to see the boys in October. Not sure I can really take off work for this trip so it may be December!!!!

Carol - any idea when in October? I'll be there Oct. 7-14.

NancyIL
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Too bad our boys won't be performing at the Indy Irish Festival this weekend!

Only 4 weeks until I'll be at WDW! :banana:

quiltymom
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd love to see them while we're there in October. Is there a schedule anywhere with when they're playing? I'd hate to miss them since I missed them last time, too.

newholidayx2
09-11-2007, 06:02 PM
the boys usually play Sun thru Thurs and have the wknds off

Im hoping to celebrate my 50th birthday listening/dancing/watching them Nov 13th!

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I'd love to see them while we're there in October. Is there a schedule anywhere with when they're playing? I'd hate to miss them since I missed them last time, too.Click on "Epcot" and then "Canada." The schedules change every Sunday: http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Celebrating "The Year I Turn 50" -
Nov 9-16 2007 - Pop/BCV - Big 50 Food & Wine Pairing, Cheese Tasting, Segway, Norway princess lunch, MVMCP, Dolphins, Wishes b'day cruise, Osborne lights

Holey moley, girl - you're getting the F&W Festival, plus the Super Soap weekend, AND you get the CHRISTMAS party and Osborne Lights - all in one week?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That is one heck of a 50th celebration! The Wishes cruise and Segway tour are nice touches, too! Still going solo?

TnTsParty
09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I will hopefully catch the boys in Oct when we are there. I am running in the TOT 13k race on Oct 27 so I will be busy with that on the 27th (good thing the boys don't play on Saturday) Then Sunday we will move to BCV (from ASSp) so I will be nice and close to the boys Sunday Oct 28 and Monday Oct 29. Can't wait. The other day my DH came home and after listening to the Off Kilter CD in the truck asked when the next time we will be seeing Off Kilter and when I told him the end of Oct he said he wanted to see them before that!! LOL I have him to blame for my Off Kilter obsession!!

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
The other day my DH came home and after listening to the Off Kilter CD in the truck asked when the next time we will be seeing Off Kilter and when I told him the end of Oct he said he wanted to see them before that!! LOL I have him to blame for my Off Kilter obsession!!

You're fortunate. My husband hears their CD's and calls them "Off Key"! :rolleyes:

newholidayx2
09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Im really really really hoping they're playing Nov 13th!

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Im really really really hoping they're playing Nov 13th!

Make sure you pose for a group photo...then post it here. I think 50 kisses from the guys, in honor of your 50th, would be appropriate - don't you? ;)

newholidayx2
09-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Make sure you pose for a group photo...then post it here. I think 50 kisses from the guys, in honor of your 50th, would be appropriate - don't you? ;)

so should that be 10 from Mark, 10 from Jamie, 10 from Randi, 10 from Scotty and 10 from Tony? or should I mix it up a bit?
and should they all be given on the 50th? or 10 each day?

actually my Year of a Million Dreams / 50th birthday wish would be to be able to spend time w/them backstage btwn sets! I always wonder what goes on back there!

Rustysmom
09-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I saw them for the first time a couple of weeks ago and they rock! :love: No wonder you guys are crazy for them. I think my DH was a tad jealous and looked annoyed when I made him wait until the whole show was finished.:rolleyes1

They remind me of bands that play at an event we have here every year called the Great Irish Fair, but they're even better. I can't wait to see them again in November. Too bad DH! :lmao:

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
so should that be 10 from Mark, 10 from Jamie, 10 from Randi, 10 from Scotty and 10 from Tony? or should I mix it up a bit?
and should they all be given on the 50th? or 10 each day?

actually my Year of a Million Dreams / 50th birthday wish would be to be able to spend time w/them backstage btwn sets! I always wonder what goes on back there!

Well...assuming they play 5 sets on your birthday - I think 2 kisses per band member per set would be nice! ;) And to THINK I was there on MY birthday in April...and didn't get one kiss!

I'd be too nervous to hang out with them backstage, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that room!

newholidayx2
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
And to THINK I was there on MY birthday in April...and didn't get one kiss!

did you ask? any sign of Head Honcho lately?

NancyIL
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
did you ask? any sign of Head Honcho lately?

Did I ask...for a kiss? :lmao: So THAT'S why I didn't get any!! Guess Jamie didn't see my birthday button when I requested a song, either!

I never "see" any signs of HH - except when I'm there.

madge
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Too bad our boys won't be performing at the Indy Irish Festival this weekend!

Only 4 weeks until I'll be at WDW! :banana:

SO sad they aren't playing the festival. The last time we went, they were scheduled to play and had to cancel at the last minute because Randy's mom had a stroke :(

And Nancy, I'll be seeing you at the OK stage, I bet! We'll be there October 6-13 :cool1:

newholidayx2
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Nancy there is NO way the boys (or anyone for that matter) will miss that its my 50th birthday!
Not only will I be wearing my button but I have a 50th necklace, 50s banner to wear across my body and 50s candy to hand out! lol

dyna
09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Count me an my family in as fans too

TnTsParty
09-13-2007, 08:04 AM
You're fortunate. My husband hears their CD's and calls them "Off Key"! :rolleyes:

Too bad your DH can't appreciate them like we do. It was actually my DH that first stopped to listen to them. Fortunately my DH is half Irish (and very proud of being Irish with a VERY Irish Mc name!!) He loves rock music and the adding of the bagpipes I guess was the right touch!! :thumbsup2 The first time we heard them my DH was in an ECV for a knee problem. He happened to "drive" by when Off Kilter was playing and he stopped the ECV and we sat there and listened and were really impressed. Every since then I have made sure to plan our trips on the days they normally play on. We have all of the CDs and 1 that was given to us at a show on St Paddy's Day not at Disney (which was AWESOME if I might say so myself!! :love: ) Its been mainly what we have listened to for the most part of the year!! My DH normally has his Off Kilter CD on at work (which used to irritate a guy who worked with my DH so I think DH liked irritating him more!! LOL)

NancyIL
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Nancy there is NO way the boys (or anyone for that matter) will miss that its my 50th birthday!
Not only will I be wearing my button but I have a 50th necklace, 50s banner to wear across my body and 50s candy to hand out! lol

Barb - I can only imagine what you'd be wearing - if you weren't so painfully shy! :lmao: That alone might be worth the price of a plane ticket! ;)

NancyIL
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
And Nancy, I'll be seeing you at the OK stage, I bet! We'll be there October 6-13 :cool1:
You surely will, cuz I'll be there for at least several sets each day they play between the 7th and the 14th. :) I usually stand on the left side as you face the stage, just behind the bench.

Too bad your DH can't appreciate them like we do.
My DH isn't big on Disney, so his comments may be more to irritate me than an actual dislike of them. He'll be at WDW with me Thanksgiving weekend, so we'll see if he'll actually stop to listen to them for a few minutes. My guess is he won't.