PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from 3-night Wonder...

Turtletyson
03-06-2007, 05:46 PM
...and had a FABULOUS time!!! As soon as I'm done unpacking and doing laundry :crazy2:, and I figure out how to do it, I'll write up a trip report.

I just caught up with the "what didn't live up to the hype" thread, and I agree with most of the things mentioned, but overall we had great experiences. There were twice as many things that were BETTER than what we expected!

Now my DH & I have to work two jobs for a few years to afford another cruise... :)

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to help out!

Laurie

mommasita
03-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Sounds good.:thumbsup2

Shelly3630
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
What time was your dinner seating and your rotation, and your last breakfast time????

Turtletyson
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Second seating - 8:00. It worked well for us, as our DD (4 years old) could usually stay awake for the show, then fell asleep in my arms during dinner.

Rotation - Tritons, Animator's Palette, Parrot Cay.

Hmmm...I'll have to check about the last breakfast time when I get home. Maybe 8:15?

Laurie

nikky
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I was wondering does anyone know what vies u get at the gf we are doing a cat 3 suite and was wondering if we get a standard view or laggon or pool. Thanks in advance:banana:

AladdinsPrincess
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey there! I was on the Wonder this past weekend too and had a fabulous time. I'm still depressed that it's over!

palmickey2005
03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm glad to hear you had a great time.

How was the weather ? We are planning our first cruise for the last week in February 2008. We plan to stay at WDW for 4 days before the cruise.

I know that the weather is unpredictable.

Was it warm enough to go swimming at Castaway Cay ? I'm really confused on weather we should go in Feb. or April....the prices in March go up a little too much.

The sailing date in Feb. is my husband's birthday and I would love to celebrate his b-day on the cruise....but April will probably be warmer and then we could see the Flower & Garden festival at Epcot.

chake
03-08-2007, 07:32 AM
who was your server, we had a CM named Ramsey, he was fantastic.

squitty
03-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

We are taking our first 3 night cruise in Sept.

Turtletyson
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
My DH & I went snorkeling first thing (maybe 9:30 AM?), and I thought the water in the snorkeling lagoon was COLD. However, I was determined to do it, plus once you get used to the water, it's not so bad. After we had been out for 15 minutes or so, you didn't even notice.

The water on the family beach wasn't as cold, but still a bit chilly. It was neat to see fish swimming around our feet, only a few feet out and in water only 18 inches deep or so!

Our server was Charlie (from Thailand, I think) and our assistant server was Rakesh. They were friendly and efficient, but didn't really go "over and above", in my opinion.

My post-trip "to-do" list is about 30 items long, so I don't know if I'll EVER have time to write a trip report! :sad2: I hate returning from vacations, what a bummer.

Keep the questions coming!

Laurie

TexDisneyMom
03-09-2007, 10:31 PM
What was the weather like at night? We leave in six days and I am wondering if I need to pack a sweater.

Thanks and I am glad you had a good time. :)

Billinaz
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I was wondering does anyone know what vies u get at the gf we are doing a cat 3 suite and was wondering if we get a standard view or laggon or pool. Thanks in advance:banana:

Standard view.

Turtletyson
03-10-2007, 07:54 AM
RE: Weather

At night, I was comfortable in short sleeves & cropped pants. The weather in the Bahamas was hot & muggy. The only time I was cold was when we got back to Orlando - it was in the 50's in the morning!

Laurie

nikky
03-10-2007, 09:23 AM
That stinks for all that money i would have thought u would get a better view staying in a suite. Oh well. thanks:sad1: