PDA

View Full Version : Lobster...

KayR
03-03-2007, 07:32 PM
OK they are not really my taste, but we are meeting my family in FL this April for a once in a lifetime family trip. All my neices and nephews will be there.

One thing my big bro' wanted to do on this trip was a decent Lobster dinner. Ideally like somewhere that will cater for us folk that don't like lobster!

Does anyone have any recommendations? Off-site is OK as we will be staying at Emerald Island. I don't mind driving if the place is right. Want quality (but hopefully not too expensive;) )

--Kay

Clotho
03-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I understand that Fulton's in DTD has it, as well as steak and pasta and other fish items. YUM!

RangerPooh
03-03-2007, 09:04 PM
captain Jack's In DTD has it too. Or at least the tails, in a twin lobster plate. I don't eat it but DH does so I ordered it as an option to go with my steak. DH thought it was good.

MrsGoofyMitchell
03-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I like Fulton's in DTD, we went ther because I really wanted Lobster and my husband got steak. Both were great!

Clotho
03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
A little fancier,if you want a "nice dinner out", Narcoossee at GF has lobster as well. I plan to order it myself for my birthday dinner in September!

Liltx
03-04-2007, 07:40 AM
If there is a Palm in Orlando that would be the best place for lobster.

chip007
03-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Maybe I'm spolied after fresh lobsters cooked at the pound in Maine, but I had the lobster tail at Narcoossee's last month and was not impressed. JMO.

bicker
03-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Shellfish doesn't travel well. Given that the best lobsters in the world never make it (on their own power) within a thousand miles of WDW, it's pretty amazing they get any decent lobster there at all!

Sammie
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Shellfish doesn't travel well. Given that the best lobsters in the world never make it (on their own power) within a thousand miles of WDW, it's pretty amazing they get any decent lobster there at all!

:rotfl: yep that does seem to make a difference. ;)

Mrs.Reese
03-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Have you tried Shells? They generally serve Fl lobsters. Yes we have lobster in Florida. Sometimes Shells serves caribbean lobster. Also Outback Steakhouse surprisingly has good lobster.

bicker
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I think "Florida Lobster" is the main cause of folks saying that that they got bad lobsters in Florida. They're thinking that they're going to be getting a Maine Lobster, or even perhaps a smaller version of a Maine Lobster, when in reality they're getting a very different meal. The very best Florida Lobster is, by definition, the very best Florida Lobster, but IMHO cannot hold a candle to even a mediocre Maine Lobster.

Dizneydaz
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
We ate at Narcoossee's last Sept. and they had Surf 'n Turf (lobster tail) as well as whole Maine lobsters.
(both available on DDP)

We had Surf 'n Turf-review available on link in signature.

MagikMom
03-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm from Massachusetts and I too am spoiled by really good lobster. I recomend Fultons Crab House. It is a little bit pricey but worth it if you want fresh seafood dinner. They also have the BEST king crab claws!!!

yankeepenny
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
living in New England, I would personally not eat anything that probably rode down in the plane with me.

(JMHO)

suzimar57
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
we had whole lobster at narcossee's twice in september - the first night, it was a large lobster - the second night, it was much smaller (noticeably smaller) - but they were good

jess20k
03-04-2007, 03:28 PM
We love Narcossee's, and we have always had delicious lobster there. They have either the whole lobster or the surf n turf. Both are delicious!

Merriwind
03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I grew up a northeastern gal (on LI's north shore) and love lobster! I have all but given up on finding great lobster here in FL. (We've lived here 1.5 years.) The best lobster I have had here is ok--not bad, but certainly not great. If you want or expect lobster like you get in New England or NYC metro, you will probably be disappointed with any lobster you get in FL.

If your brother insists on trying, I have thought that the lobster at Narcoossee's was the best I've had at WDW. Again, it's not great, but certainly ok.

Enjoy your family reunion!!

jjk1107
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
We have gone to Fulton's Crab House and had the lobster and crab dinner for 2. It was really good. Another recommendation I would have is a place we tried a few years ago at Celebration. It is called The Town Tavern and they fly the seafood in from Boston. We really enjoyed it, but it was several years ago.