PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk, Dolphin, Swan, Yauht & Beach restaurants

Scoutdog
03-03-2007, 09:39 AM
We'll be staying offsite in May, but may visit Boardwalk area some evening for strolling and dinner. Anyone have advice on best casual restaurants at these 4 resorts? The kids and their grandparents will probably be with us. We'll also take ideas for more elegant restaurants in case Gma & Gpa end up babysitting and only DW and I go out that night. You can easily walk from Boardwalk to Dolphin & Swan, correct? Are Yauht & Beach Clubs within walking distance too?

Garden Grove, Palio, Cape May, Yauht Club Galley, Big River, Spoodles sound intereting for the whole family. We're doing Park Fare another night, so we're not looking for a character meal here.

Thanks in advance, everyone! :thumbsup2

Harambe
03-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes - you can walk to all the resorts easily.

We ate at ESPN and Big River for casual dining. ESPN was fun, busy, has a million TV screens and an arcade off to the side. Big River had fine sandwiches.

We ate at Flying Fish, which was also fine - but I wasn't WOW'ed. Pricey.

At the Beach Club, the Cape May buffet is a great place to bring the whole family. Buffet offers a nice selection - not just seafood - and a kid's section. Even has good desserts. Our favorite is the Oreo bon-bons which is an oreo, topped with chocolate mousse, and encased in more chocolate!

Another fun family place would be Beachs and Cream, but you may need to wait.

If I had to pick a "date" place around these resorts, I think I'd do bluezoo at the Dolphin. Looking at the menu, I know my kids would hate it, but it looks funky and fun for adults.

This year we are trying Spoodles at the Boardwalk.

figaromeetsmarie
03-03-2007, 10:55 AM
For Casual try Beaches and Cream!

It is FUN!! Too!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

labst60
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
FYI - Palio has closed.

MomofKatie
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
My vote goes to Spoodles- we love that place!! The food is Mediterranean and yummy. We've always had really good service- and the "blue Spoodle" cocktail is quite wonderful.:thumbsup2

jwfla422
03-05-2007, 11:58 AM
FYI - Palio has closed.

:sad1: :sad1: Sad but true. IL Mulino has taken it's place and just recently opened.

We stay at the Swan a lot. Our favorite restaurant in the Epcot resort area are:
FF, B&C, Big River (just tried it last trip and we're impressed, very casual but good food and inexpensive). We also like Spoodles if there's several of us because we like to get some apps and dinner entrees and have tastes of everything.

Not big fans of Cape May dinner or YSH. YCG is pretty good, but a very simple menu.

For the whole family I'd recommend, Spoodles and if seating for large parties is available either Big River or B&C. For an nice intimate dinner I highly recommend FF. Or you can even try Il Mulian. The Blue Zoo is also a nice higher end "date night" place to go.:thumbsup2

MickeyNicki
03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
We stayed at the Swan last month and we walked to Cape May for breakfast and lunch, we also tried Spoodles for breakfast (awful) and hopped to Epcot for food as well.

This is the best location for getting to many different meals.