PDA

View Full Version : No PB & J for this girl.

luvngoofy
03-02-2007, 08:45 PM
My DGD:love: age 7, likes to eat a variety of things but PB& J and Mac & Cheese are not foods she cares for when she goes out to eat. We have the DDP so where are places to go that she can get " big people" food? :confused3 So far we have ressies for Boma, Akershus, Spirit of Aloha and Mama Melrose.

TxRabbit
03-02-2007, 10:35 PM
My DS6 also enjoys more variety in food. This will be our first trip with him, so I have been researching the menus to find best choices.

Our TS restaurants are buffets (Boma, Crystal Palace, Hollywood n Vine) and fun (Japanese, which has shrimp on the kids menu, and CRT, just because it's the castle...and my son said he wanted to eat with the princesses, yeay for me, because I have never been:thumbsup2 )

So for CS menus...

The following CS restaurants do not have a kids menu, so the kids can order anything (as per the 2007 Disney Dining Plan FAQ thread on this site):

Catalina Eddie
Taluca Turkey Legs
Cool Wash Pizza
Casey's
Pete's Doggone Good dogs
Pizza Planet
Sommerfest

I read some good things about other menu items besides pizza at Pizza Planet, so don't write it off without checking out the menu. Menus are found on allearsnet.com. Check them out to see what is offered that your daughter would like.

For example, I remember reading that the taco place outside the PofC ride in the MK actually has tacos on the kids menu (with an add your own toppings bar), but I read that they aren't always open.

There is also a list of snack items on the Dining Plan thread, I think. That is something to comtemplate. For instance, a bowl of chili at Casey's counts as a snack. Depending on how often you eat and how hungry you are, especially with eating buffet meals, that could be a good lunch with some fruit?

There are also lots of reports of CS meals that are very suitable for sharing. Ones that I remember are Tusker house in AK and Mara at AKL, both of which have a rotissery chicken meal that is supposedly very large, the Moroccan CS in Epcot, the Swarmee platter? Somewhere, maybe the Budget Boards, someone did a review on good restaurants for sharing food.

I know that we plan on doing a lot of sharing of food for CS for our family (DH, DS6, and myself). Hopefully, we can save some calories and also provide DS with some variety. Also, we will be combining the use of snack credits and meals to facilitate the sharing. If you have a PDA, the allearsnet.com web site has all the menus available for an $8 download, which they update every month (it also includes all the entertainment times for the parks) which could help you plan while you are there and figuring out your days.

Hope this helps...;)

Harambe
03-03-2007, 06:56 AM
I've got one of each - DD14 loves everything and DS12 only eats brown food like hamburgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs . . . **sigh**. So finding places that will satisfy both is a challenge.

At WDW, we've always let DD order whatever she wants from the adult menu (now it's no big deal, because in WDW's eyes, she's been an adult for quite sometime!). Most times, I'd talk her into an appetizer, since the portion and price was smaller.

Some of the better resort restaurants and World Showcase places used to have great kids menus before they started the whole "uniform kid's menu". Look thru the menus again and check out places like Citricos and Morocco.

Take her to Jiko - I dare her not to like the Kenyan Coffee BBQ chicken flatbread!

Lady SnowElla
03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
When we ate at R&C in December, I asked the manager regarding a kid's fish & chips for DD 9 which wasn't on the menu. He said that they still had it but were not allowed to put it on the menu anymore. She had a full sized potato leek soup for her appetizer, fish & chips with peas for her entree, and ice cream sundae I think for dessert.
She hated her choices for CRT dinner. She ate most of my soup so I'm going to buy her an adult meal there this summer.
At LTT tavern dinner the food is served family style so she just had a smaller plate.

luvngoofy
03-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I have lots of time to go thru the menus so I'll do that over the next 5 months:coffee:

Disbound
03-04-2007, 08:32 AM
My DD who is 9 eats very little variety. We found every restaurant had something to offer the wasn't even on the menu many times. She is a big pasta lover and most restaurants had that to offer. Just ask your server. We found them to be very accomodating to find something she'd eat.

rcraw45425
03-04-2007, 08:50 AM
THis is one reason we never did the dining plan. Our girls prefer "real" food, so we will often split entrees with them. No mac & cheese for Amy!