PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melroses Changing???

Mickey_Maniac
03-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I read in the 2007 Birnbaums guide that Mama Melroses may be undergong a name change and maybe even a theme change sometime this year. Anyone heard anything about this?

Katiebell
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Haven't heard that about Mama Melrose's, just that Alfredo's in Epcot is closing and they will probably get a different Italian restaurant in it's place.

MJMcBride
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
The rumor that was bandied about was that Mama's was changing themes to Muppets due to its proximty to that attraction and the fact Disney just obtained the rights to the Muppets. Have heard it in awhile though

Mickey_Maniac
03-02-2007, 10:20 PM
The rumor that was bandied about was that Mama's was changing themes to Muppets due to its proximty to that attraction and the fact Disney just obtained the rights to the Muppets. Have heard it in awhile though
Oh No, I hope not. I mean I like the Muppets and all, but a whole restaurant themed like them? I dont think I could take it ;)

snomofinn
03-02-2007, 10:28 PM
:confused3 Muppets? hum, well that would be interesting, but I suppose there's a lot of interesting restuarants in Disney, so why not.

bicker
03-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah, that's an old rumor, and given that it hasn't come to fruition, after so much time, is a good warning for folks with regard to such rumors -- sometimes they're simply not true. :confused3

danny1649
03-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Heard that,I hope they don't change the themeing or menu.I know Mama's gets mixed reviews but DW and I love it.We always get good food and great service.:goodvibes :goodvibes

pigletforever
03-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I personally would like a differnt option. It would be nice to have a muppet character meal as an alternative for little boys.

Mickey_Maniac
03-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I just checked with CRO, looks like it is indeed a false rumor. They had no info at all on Mama's changing.

bicker
03-04-2007, 06:00 AM
To be fair, while I indeed agree that it is a false rumor, CRO is not in any position to know one way or another, at least not better than random folks on the Internet. CRO is informed of restaurant changes/closures and such long after we definitively learn of them here.