PDA

View Full Version : Bongo's Cuban Cafe

tfiga
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
I have not seen any reviews on this...If you have eaten there can you please give me some feedback? Thanks.

Desnik
03-02-2007, 09:55 AM
We have eaten there a few times. We have gone late in the evening and it is very loud. They have a live band playing and dancing going on downstairs. The tables are upstairs and you can see the band and dancing from there. It really is a lot of fun. We really love it. The food was so good and so was the service. We really liked the atmosphere. We even took our kids and they had a ball. Now I do have to add that we are latin and are use to the loudness!LOL If you like that type of food then give it a try.

Nala2007
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Same here, well atleast I am latina and we LOVE that place, it is a must for us. Everything we've had there is delicious. And the restaurant is shaped like a pineapple, the kids really get a kick out of that...sponge bob you know...

LindaR
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Oh well, I guess I will be the negative review! DD18 and I ate there for lunch. While the food was ok (I am being gracious), this was some of the worst service we have EVER encountered anywhere. Since we thought the food was nothing special (and the service horrid), we will not be wasting our money there again. Normally, if one is ok we will give the place a second chance...........but not here.

maraki527
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I have eaten there three and all three time I was very satisfied. Food portions were large, atmosphere was entertaining and the staff was very friendly. I recommend this place to anyone that enjoys cuban food.

shovan
03-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I have to give a negative on Bongo's. Very slow service, food was good but not anything special.

tfiga
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to give it a shot. Thanks.

MomPOM
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! This was honestly one of my fav places. I had the Vaca Frita and that was honestly the best piece of meat I've ever had. Seriously, you HAVE to try it if you eat red meat. The weird potato like thing that comes with it didn't work for me but the rice was delish and the steak was more than enough.

It's a cute place with awesome food. Definitely check it out!

Meriweather
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm a negative also.
Loud, bad service, food so-so. Plantains....nasty (but hat is a personal opinion :rotfl: ), meat dry and over done.
We have been hesitant to go back, but will probably give it another chance sometime....every place can have an off night.
There are so many wonderful places to try, though, I am not in a hurry to go back.

minijeanie
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
DH & I liked the food there but we went for lunch and it was not crowded nor loud

guess it just depends on when you go!!!

we enjoyed it