PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine?

Patches
03-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Who has eaten here recently- for the Fantasmic dinner pkg?

Should I keep this ADR? Change to Mama Melrose? Or skip the Fantasmic pkg altogether?

We will be at MGM on Friday, March 23rd. Do we need the Fantasmic pkg to get a good seat?

Should we switch to Prime Time? Sci-fi Dine In doesn't interest me.

Sorry for all the ????'s- Seems like not many people have anytime good to say about Hollywood and Vine.

Thanks! Pam

GoofyBaseballMom26
03-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I've eaten at the H&V twice, once last Aug and the latest in Jan 07. I was really disappointed Jan and did not think the buffet was good at all.

I personally would not eat there again, I would try another one especially if you are on the dining plan. I don't know about doing Fantasmic without the reserved seating, we always had the seating. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

dadof2
03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
The Playhouse Disney breakfast was much better than any Fantasmic dinner (did H & V 2x for Fantasmic). Last year we switched to Momma Melrose, more expensive but much better that H&V. Each time we do the Fantasmic we get to our seats about 45 minutes before the show starts & the theater is only half full. This is during Thanksgiving week each year.

Tink
03-02-2007, 11:05 AM
We do the FDP at Mama Melrose's. We always have a great meal there. The seats are off to the side, but we like it there. We made ADRs for August.

TheBacklot
03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
We were going to do the Fantasmic package, but we've always been able to find a decent seat up front, and couldn't see spending the extra money just for the feeling that we were 'v.i.p.'s', I suppose it's preference :)

DisneyGirl4188
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
We ate at MM in Nov. The wood grilled chicked was great, but I didn't like the flatbread at all (the salad just ok). DH had the chicken parm and liked it.

We will be trying H&V this time (mainly because we will have a 9yr and he eats more like an adult, so I tried to pick a lot of buffets to avoid the kids menu). I read good and bad about H&V, but I figure I'll decide for myself. You are more likely to hear bad reports that good reports, plus everyone has different tastes.

As for getting the package, I like too. I don't want to have to worry about standing in line, when I could just reserve my spot and walk right in later.

JoeEpcotRocks
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
We loved the Hollywood & Vine in June 06, despite slowness in service.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Lostgirlz
03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
We just got back, and did Hollywood and Vine fantasmic package. I was surprised at how full it was at fantasmic. We got seats right in the front row. I thought the buffet was pretty good for a buffet. The server was really nice, and VERY on top of things. The chicken I forget what sauce it was like a cherry type sauce was really good, and their corn spoonbread was awesome. it's good for a buffet.

Bibbidi
03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
We've done H&V on two different trips, once for the Fantasmic Package and once without. We were disappointed both times and will not be trying it again. The food was not very good and we didn't like the atmosphere. Also, in our situation the benefit of the pass to Fantasmic was not necessary--I wish we had eaten elsewhere and done Fantasmic without a package.

Gerweniel
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
The boys and I have been to H & V with the Fantasmic package our last 3 trips. My sons are teens and eat plenty and love the buffet. They really love the dessert bar.
I like the food, especially the cornbread pudding. We usually make an ADR very early like 4:30-5:00pm and take our time eating. It is loud and sometimes crowded, but we have enjoyed our meal each time and have had excellent service. It is not gourmet cuisine.

This past trip, my sons said next time we go, they want to try something different, so perhaps we'll save up and go to the Brown Derby - we've never been!

With that said, we usually get to the Fantasmic seating area about 30 minutes prior to the show to get settled in and people watch for awhile. Its worked out just fine for us.
Enjoy!

Patches
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the great replies! I went ahead and also booked 50's Prime Time- so I'll poll my traveling party as to what they want to do.

Trouble is- they are pretty clueless. Good thing I get such great info from these boards!:disrocks:

I've always wanted to add one of little sign-guys to my post! How fun!

Amyg
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
We did H & V package last July. The food is okay nothing to write home about though the spoonbread was so good!

I can't imagine (unless you're going during spring break) it would be as busy but the thing we liked about the package was getting in was so quick and easy because you use a different entry area than the stand-by crowd, you don't feel like a herd of cows. You use that same "private" entry to exit but eventually you do meet up with the crowds.

MickeyEars
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm glad to see the corn spoonbread mentioned because I absolutely loved it!!! We have the Fantasmic Package booked at H&V for June 1st so I can have some!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Lostgirlz
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the great replies! I went ahead and also booked 50's Prime Time- so I'll poll my traveling party as to what they want to do.

Trouble is- they are pretty clueless. Good thing I get such great info from these boards!:disrocks:

I've always wanted to add one of little sign-guys to my post! How fun!

Becarefull when booking 2 dinner adr's I was told by a dining cast member that the comp system will delete one, or both as they don't allow 2 adr's for the same breakfast/lunch/dinner times when I tried to book a dinner and dessert at another place. They also do not inform you if they delete them as it's against policy to have 2 at the same time as per a dining cast member.

Patches
03-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I'll check on that first thing in the morning! I'm up late working on some fund-raising stuff- time to go to BED!

Pam

PrincessBear
03-03-2007, 11:31 PM
YAY I am going to be in MGM on the 23rd too! We can't decide on where to have dinner or when, we want to be able to make the 8:30 Fantasmic! And we are on the DDP!