PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Flying Fish

stemikger
03-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi can someone tell me about the Flying Fish.

I made an ADR for this August.

Is it good.

Also, what is the dress code.

Thanks.

MinnieFan
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
We ate there for the first time on our most recent trip (just returned a few days ago). I was not sure if we would like it because I have read some complaints about it recently, but we really enjoyed this restaurant. In fact, it was probably the best meal we had on this trip. DS and I had the snapper, which is their signature dish, and the crab cake appetizer is very good (but spicy). DH doesn't really like fish so he had the veal chop, which he enjoyed very much. The restaurant is a little loud, but the service was very good. The dress code is listed as "business casual," but we saw people in a variety of types of dress. Some were very dressy, others basically dressed for the parks. DH and DS wore chinos and polo shirts, DD and I wore skirts.

Just be advised that this place is very expensive. We used our DDE card which was a big help.

Bob P
03-02-2007, 09:16 AM
If you do a search on this board you'll find plenty of threads on the Flying Fish. Here is one:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173570&referrerid=&highlight=%22flying+fish%22

Be aware that the FF has just changed chefs, so anything you may hear or read about it could change. The new chef, Tim Keating, has a great reputation.

OKWMom
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
We went in December and loved it. It was noisy, like others have reported, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. We both had the snapper which was wonderful and the white chocolate mousse, which I thought was the best dessert I had all week. We are planning a return visit to FF during our November trip and I hope the mousse is still on the menu.