PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown and Illuminations

ACJT
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
What time should I make my ADR for at Rose & Crown if I want to watch Illuminations at 9:00pm while eating dessert??

bicker
03-02-2007, 04:05 AM
We typically aim for 7:20 - 7:40. That maximizes the chances of getting a table with a view of Illuminations.

Many folks recommend, however, making reservations much earlier, and ensuring that you're done with dinner by 7:20 - 7:40, and then finding a spot to watch Illuminations elsewhere around the World Showcase Lagoon. That's because there is no way to guarantee that you'll get a table at Rose and Crown with a view of the show. They don't allow folks to reserve, or even to request, those tables. Tables are offered on a take-it-or-leave basis -- they won't allow guests to wait for a table with a view of the show any more (because they've had problems between guests before based on perceived favoritism). So each guest booking reservations around 7:30 has about a 30% chance of getting a table with a view of the show, and those odds aren't good enough for many people.

Amyrlin
03-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Also the food trhere is not very good

jakenjess
03-02-2007, 06:03 AM
We did this a couple weeks ago, and had a 7:20 reservation. It was wonderful! We had a fantastic view for Illuminations, and the food was great! I really wasn't expecting a great meal, but we were a party of 12 and all were very pleasantly surprised at how good our food was. I'd highly recommend it.

Tinker74
03-02-2007, 06:28 AM
I have a 7.20pm ADr and we are hoping for a table on the patio...especially as its our 1st aniversary that day and we watched illuminations on our wedding day last August.:)
But if we don't get one...no matter ...we'll watch it from the special viewing area they have.:)