PDA

View Full Version : Jacket style life vests at CC?

ReallyFunMom
03-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Do they have these for kids? Mine can swim fine but don't like the snorkel type life vests. I probably didn't have them on well and the rode up on them and it was enough to make them not want to snorkel. I thought I might try again if they will allow them to snorkel with regular jacket-style life vests. They don't need to dive down anyway so I think staying on top of the water would be ok. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

mattmommy
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
DS6 has a foam rectangle that sits on his back with straps around his waist that allowed for free swimming. DS can swim and dive without it, but given how far he had to snorkle out to see any fish, it was worth bringing.

ReallyFunMom
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
DS6 has a foam rectangle that sits on his back with straps around his waist that allowed for free swimming. DS can swim and dive without it, but given how far he had to snorkle out to see any fish, it was worth bringing.

Were you able to use that for snorkeling at CC? I wondered if their snorkel vests were required to go in snorkeling area. Thanks.

DrCavin
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
I am thinking they require the snorkel vests, I think it makes you easier to spot when your away from the main swimming area.