PDA

View Full Version : OK to have two ADR's for same time?

momom
02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
We have an ADR for Alfredos for the end of July, and I just read that there is a rumor they may be closing around that time. I don't want to panic but do want to have my bases covered. Can I book another ADR for the same date and time as a backup? If Alfredos does not close, I would cancel the one we did not use. Thanks so much for your help.

TheRustyScupper
02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
1) Making duplicate ressies is selfish and rude.
2) It deprives someone else of a ressie.
3) Make up your choice and cancel the other - NOW.

ekball
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
4. Ugh.

As you *may* have gathered from the previous post, it's generally frowned upon to hold 2 ressies for around the same time on the same day. (p.s. here on the DIS, "frowned upon" doesn't always apply... it's downright blasphemous to some....obviously) I remember hearing stories last Fall during 'free dining' that making multiple ressies were being penalized for doing so by having both ressies canceled my CM's that caught it - so again, not a good idea. I'd just make a friendly suggestion that if you are concerned at all about losing Alfredo's because of it closing, you should pick a second choice and make that ressie instead. Willing to risk it? Stick with Alfredo's and hope for the best. :thumbsup2 Either way, don't lose sleep over it. I'm sure you'll have a great meal wherever you end up.

Good luck!!

Aimeedyan
02-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Not only is it frowned upon, but WDW Dining has - at times - canceled double reservations before. And you won't get a choice on which they will keep (if they keep either one).

Your safe bet is to pick 1 spot and plan on it. If Alfredo's closing is announced, it is usually done in plenty of time to book another restaurant.