PDA

View Full Version : CS lunch in animal kingdom

baileygee
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM
We will be spending our first day in AK after driving 3 hours from Grama and Grandads. I know the four of us will be very hungry! Kids 14 and 12 love trying new food, where would you suggest? We will be on the DP. Thanks so much:

WDW LOVR
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the Dis Boards!

For us both the Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House are great. I don't think you can go wrong at either. Our kids like Flame Tree a little more so when we have the kids we go there but when it's just the my wife and I we go to Tusker House. That way we get to enjoy both restaurants on an everyother trip basis.

Check out the menu's on Allearsnet.com and see which one appeals to you more.

maraki527
02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Flametree BBQ hands down! Pulled pork sandwich was awesome. You cant go wrong here.

FlyingBelle
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Agreed! We LOVE the Flame Tree BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. They come dry so you can add as much/little BBQ sauce as you prefer.

As much as I love ribs, I was disappointed in their ribs - stick to the pulled pork sandwich!

Oh... and get the onion rings too (it's a side, not included in the DDP unless you use a snack)

pilferk
02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Everyone's right...you can't go wrong with either Flame Tree or Tusker House.

I prefer Tusker House, but like Flame tree too!

madalex
02-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Flametree BBQ hands down! Pulled pork sandwich was awesome. You cant go wrong here.

I second this recommendation (although I do really like Tusker House as well).

bicker
02-28-2007, 01:59 PM
As much as AK suffers from inadequate TS choices, it is blessed with an embarassment of riches in terms of CS choices: Both Tusker House and Flame Tree BBQ are excellent CS choices.

summerlandjeff
02-28-2007, 02:17 PM
We really enjoyed the outdoor dining at Tusker House. We even had a table near the entertainment! :thumbsup2

Simba's Mom
02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I know I'm in the minority here by recommending Pizzafari. I've eaten at all 3 CS places at AK, and I love the Hot Deli Sandwich in Pizzafari.

KristenHoneymooner
02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Tons of you have recommended Flame Tree and Tusker House, and the menus do look great, but do they have air conditioned dining areas? I'm betting AK will be super-hot at lunch time. :cool2:

tluvstink
02-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I love Tusker House:love: But I have heard great things about Flame Tree and Pizzafari. I don't think you can go wrong.

Terri

KevinYee
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Tons of you have recommended Flame Tree and Tusker House, and the menus do look great, but do they have air conditioned dining areas? I'm betting AK will be super-hot at lunch time. :cool2:

I was just about to chime in here about A/C when I saw you asked that question. The AC *is* important, if you ask me, which tips the scales to Tusker over Flame Tree in my opinion.

Pizzafari not only has AC, it has tons of seating. But a limited, pizza-based menu, so pick your poison.

deany
03-01-2007, 02:45 AM
We all had a great meal at Tusker House and it was so filling, could not finish it all. We also ate at Pizzafari on another day (not my idea) but I was pleasantly suprised to see a hot deli sandwich on the menu. It was really good and I was allowed to have fruit for dessert. Yum.:love:

KristenHoneymooner
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I was just about to chime in here about A/C when I saw you asked that question. The AC *is* important, if you ask me, which tips the scales to Tusker over Flame Tree in my opinion.

Pizzafari not only has AC, it has tons of seating. But a limited, pizza-based menu, so pick your poison.

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that Tusker House has seating with A/C! We'll be there in August :bride: :groom: , and I've heard that AK is 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the "World".