PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Dress Code

HJL413
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
We leave tomorrow and have an ADR for Thursday night at California Grill. I have suddely become concerned about the dress code. My DW thinks nice jeans with a collar polo shirt is fine. I am so looking forward to this vacation and not having to even think about my suits and ties, however, I am concerned I should bring a jacket and dress shirt. I really want to relax and feel like a husband and dad. I want to leave all business stuff at home. This will be our first visit to California Grill and I could use some last minute fashion suggestions

HARRY

mcdee1980
02-28-2007, 01:44 AM
We leave tomorrow and have an ADR for Thursday night at California Grill. I have suddely become concerned about the dress code. My DW thinks nice jeans with a collar polo shirt is fine. I am so looking forward to this vacation and not having to even think about my suits and ties, however, I am concerned I should bring a jacket and dress shirt. I really want to relax and feel like a husband and dad. I want to leave all business stuff at home. This will be our first visit to California Grill and I could use some last minute fashion suggestions

HARRY

I think you are probably okay . . . I got wine on my khaki pants before dinner at CG last year and ended up going in my jeans. I was definitely not the only one . . . especially considering that there were several tables with small children!

Uncleromulus
02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Here's the actual dress code:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=CaliforniaGrillDiningPage

You'll be just fine as you describe. Jacket and dress shirt are not necessary!!!

Disney Ron
02-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Absolutely,nice jeans with a collar polo shirt is fine!!!!!

Mrs. Disney Ron

HJL413
02-28-2007, 07:35 AM
I appreciate the information

PrincessPaczki
02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi
On our trip last year we ate at the CG. You will be fine with what you are taking. If they still have the wild king salmon on the menu, it is delicious (just an idea). Have a great meal and I hope you get a window seat because the view is breathtaking. Don' t forget your camera!

3for Me
02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
We were there last Thursday in nice jeans with nice tops (I had on strappy heeled sandals with the jeans) and my kids had on kahki's with a polo shirt (DS) and the girls had on a skirt with flats but nothing particularly fancy at all.

We were some of the most nicely dressed people in there. I was truly taken aback with what some people had on. :confused3

There were some that were appropriately dressed, but at least on this evening, most people would not have met the dress code (by a long shot) in my opinion. :confused:

I think what you have in mind is perfectly fine. :)

honeymo78
02-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Most people think the dress code is much more strict than it actually is. Jeans, nice shorts, sneakers and sandals are all well within the dress code. Probably many of the people who don't seem up to code are, in reality, well within the limits.

DH usually wears a hawaiian style shirt or polo with khaki shorts or jeans and sneakers. I usually wear a skort and plain tee with sandals or sneakers. Business casual at disney is quite different from business casual almost anywhere else.

WDW LOVR
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Just made ressies for our 4th time at CG and the CM stated "business casual" but then said basically no swim attire or cut offs.

Like others have stated, nice shorts, nice jeans, dockers, etc are just fine. I wouldn't try jeans with holes in them, but when we wear khaki's with Polo shirts and the like we're usually some of the better dressed in the place.

cristbaby
02-28-2007, 01:03 PM
We ate at California Grill last month and we all had nice jeans and colloered shirts and it worked well. We did not look out of place at all.