PDA

View Full Version : Confess your Disney sins!

Pages : [1] 2

Diz whiz
02-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I didn't ride a single ride when I went to MGM...

Nope I didn't ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rockn Rollercoaster or the Great Movie Ride.....

just needed to confess :cool1:

So confess your Disney sins here... Something that you didn't do on your last trip that would make out DIS'ers mouths drop...

figaromeetsmarie
02-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I only ride a couple when I go there (like 2! :) )
MGM is mainly for the atmosphere--At least I think

mirthmaiden
02-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Nope I didn't ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rockn Rollercoaster or the Great Movie Ride.....

I'm not a priest, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I absolve you. Be free from guilt...

SlipKid918
02-25-2007, 09:49 AM

I sort of did that on our last day at the parks. We had about 6 hours to kill before our appointment with the Magical Express so we hit the Studios and grabbed an FP for RoR, which we rode about 20 minutes before leaving. We spent 4 hours at the park and found it to be an unexpectedly great experience just walking around and taking in the sights. I got a chance to see the Lights Motors Action show from behind the gate near the Backlot Tour, it's cool seeing the cars and motorcycles driving behind the set. A couple of the stuntment on the motorcycles even gave us a wave, good stuff! Of course, we had gone to the Studios on a previous day and I had gone on almost every ride in the park. :lmao:

mb168
02-25-2007, 09:50 AM
When we go with just DD3, we do very little there since she can't ride TTor ARR. Usually TGMR, Little Mermaid, and Playhouse Disney. This past trip we went on our last day when the park opened, did these things, saw the High School Musical Pep Rally 2.5 times and the Lightning and Mater came out and we left around noonish to drive home. APs are GREAT!

Faerie
02-25-2007, 10:00 AM
My BF and I did that at MK one day. Went, enjoyed the park, worked on our really bad photography skills, did some smashed pennies and character autographs. We didn't do a single ride or show all day and it was a wonderful day.

Dis-Wiz
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Tsk tsk tsk :sad2: :rolleyes:

What will we do with you? Let's see, to make up for those lost rides, you must read the DISboards for the next 24 hours, non-stop! :surfweb:

:rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 I have committed a sin myself in Disney. When we went to Epcot, I only went on Soarin', and I never returned the Epcot for the rest of the trip...:eek:

It feels good to get that off my chest :upsidedow :rotfl:

Btw~ What a great DIS name, OP! :thumbsup2

MelanieC
02-25-2007, 10:18 AM
That is a sin, lol! :lmao:

vancesmom
02-25-2007, 10:19 AM
So funny!

diz8297
02-25-2007, 10:26 AM
And I was desparing that the last trip I didn't get on Rock n Roller Coaster:sad2: It wasn't operating at the time of my fast pass and we didn't make it back! Doesn't help that it isn't a priority for some members of my gang :rolleyes1 .....so.......I have stressed that this year, we are heading to RNRC first thing :cheer2: Can't wait!!!

lucysdad
02-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Aw heck, on our last trip we didn't even go to MGM!!
Lucy's Mom

yankeepenny
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
while we are confessing,
we are returning this year, and DH agreed to go if there was enough to do and see and such and since he did two days at MK with me last year, both our first times, we are going to
go to the other places[you know, without nameing names , the other parks in the orlando area] for a couple of days
and I just wanted to tell you right now we are doing some disney days and .....we may not do MK
;) ;) little does he know, I am kinda....( well, I am seriously...):rolleyes1 planning NEXT year and a couple of
MK days :lmao: :surfweb: :rotfl2:
okay, confession over, time for a cadbury egg!:dance3:

yankeepenny
02-25-2007, 10:40 AM

Dear DIZ WHIZ formerly RED SOX IDIOT
just wanted to let you know I have lived in New England my whole life and I am a DIE HARD TILL THE END OF TIME
YANKEE FAN. ( someone has to root for them, might as well be me:rolleyes1 )

can i offer you a cadbury egg as gesture of good luck this season:angel:

betsywdw
02-25-2007, 10:43 AM
We didn't even make it to MGM our last trip!

Simba's Mom
02-25-2007, 11:58 AM

I'll join you at the confessional. I sat down on a bench on Main Street, watched the Streetmosphere characters for a while, then left. Like others, lots of times I don't even go to MGM.

Diz whiz
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Dear DIZ WHIZ formerly RED SOX IDIOT
just wanted to let you know I have lived in New England my whole life and I am a DIE HARD TILL THE END OF TIME
YANKEE FAN. ( someone has to root for them, might as well be me:rolleyes1 )

can i offer you a cadbury egg as gesture of good luck this season:angel:

How did this happen:rolleyes1

Diz whiz
02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I didn't ride these because my fiancee didn't want to ride them and I stayed back with her. The only thing we did together was watch Beauty & The Beast & Fantasmic.

TDC Nala
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
My last trip was 5 nights at AKL. I never went to MK, and I never went to Epcot. I rode the Safari at AK and watched streetmosphere at MGM (did no rides). That was it.

If I'm going to hell, I hope it looks like the Adventurers Club, or at least Boma.

Robin4
02-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I could skip going to Epcot during our trips. Infact, I only want to spend half a day there when we go in May. It's a like a smart kids park, I'd rather be singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah on Splash Mountain and not have to use my brain at all.

sorul82?
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I could skip going to Epcot during our trips. Infact, I only want to spend half a day there when we go in May. It's a like a smart kids park, I'd rather be singing zip-a-dee-doo-dah on Splash Mountain and not have to use my brain at all.

Smart kids park! :lmao:

DisneyGirlie
02-25-2007, 01:25 PM

I can relate in a way!
I love to be doing mindless things and riding fun mindless rides on vacation!
I only go to EPCOT for Soarin', Test Track, and the World Showcase!
I never feel the need to spend more than 3/4 of a day there when there is so much magic kingdom and animal kingdom waiting! Woo Hoo Expedition Everest and Space Mountain! [for examples of my favorite mindless rides...]

pearlieq
02-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I've been to WDW twice since EE opened and I STILL haven't ridden!

I'm a little apalled at myself even! :eek:

pooh2001
02-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Confessing.....
:3dglasses We use our Dolphin refillable mugs from our last trip (they have no dates, tags and still look the same)

:3dglasses Our young teen DD orders off the children's menu - a small eater and very picky

:3dglasses We look for discounts and use them when we can :thumbsup2

mcgrawfan
02-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok...I am going to confess....

I DONT LIKE DOLE WHIPS!!!!!!!
There I said it I feel much better.

MelanieRI
02-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Hmmm....is this a flame free area????

Ok, my Disney sins are if I bought it at Disney and it's reusable - I'm bringing it back next year.

1) Popcorn bucket. I love my popcorn bucket. I use it all the time at home. I also bring it back with me when I travel to Disney. I love that bucket at WDW, it seals, I can hang it on the stroller, it's a quick snack that you can just always have on you. Am I going to buy a new bucket at every park, every year? Heck no!

2) AK drink cup. Yep, it gets repacked and reused at AK.

3) Light up toys bought previously at WDW. DD has been using the same light-up toys for years that were bought orginally at DIsney. So long now, that the wand one she has isn't even sold in that color anymore.

4) Towels. We bought our beach towels at WDW and we bring 'em back every year to use at the pool and water parks (I store them in the locker at the water parks.)

WDW Poly Princess
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I didn't even make it over to MGM on my last trip, and it was a 9 day trip! I'm still not sure how that happened!

crzyred
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
ok confession time....umm i got nothing - i'm perfect!;)

ok, ok, i'll be serious now...

*i've never ridden dumbo

*i've never ridden TOT (too scared, but friends are making me next time...i might wet myself)

*i fell asleep during illuminations (:blush:

distrekker
02-25-2007, 03:58 PM
When we were down in October, we spent about four hours total at MGM - and I did not ride Tower of Terror!! I felt so guilty! Also, we didn't even to go DownTown Disney. I feel better now!!

P.S. It was our first trip with our DS's (5 and 13 mos.) Kind of hard to get everything in - not like when just the DW and me went alone!!:love:

peter pan217
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
diz whiz, I live in Athens,GA and I am a die hard Georgia Bulldog and I also am a die hard Yankee fan

peter pan217
02-25-2007, 04:12 PM
My sin was I use to consider die hard DL fans rivals ( I know shame on me)

disneyjunkie
02-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I think Dole Whips, school bread, and beaver tails taste AWFUL.:scared:

The best thing about the beaver tail was the topping (strawberries and cream) The dough was just gross.

kurt90
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I think....

Turkey legs = :crazy2:

hapandpam
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
OK...I confess too....I don't like Resort tv and I didn't enjoy MVMCP (too crowded). I can't believe that I'm actually admitting this....:sad2:

Renee1061
02-25-2007, 04:36 PM

LOL!! Have you seen the previews for that new show on Fox called "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader" (or something like that)? No way would I go on that show and embarrass myself!

Kate and Pete
02-25-2007, 04:42 PM
My very first DIS sins...

we walked out during Illuminations after watching for two minutes...:rolleyes1

we left MK in the middle of a great day just to go to "Germany" for brats (but we went back to MK after eating the brats!!) :)

we left our hotel at 9pm just to run to DTD to get marshmallows on a stick dipped in chocolate and coconut...then we went back to the hotel and watched Grey's Anatomy! :rotfl:

herodrx1
02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
since this is a flame free zone....

1) I plan on napping during Hall of Presidents, American Salute, and One Mans Dream. It is a great pick me up during a busy day!:confused3

2) Once after walking across the park in a terrible rain, I took off my shoes and socks and squeezed out the water under my chair in Carousel of Progress!!:scared1:

3) Not into the turkey legs or Dole whips.

LisaBi
02-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Eight trips and have never ridden Splash.

And worse - I just figured out TODAY how to add smilies in my posts.http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/sad20.gif
:sad2:

vacationwoman
02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Saw Fantasmic when it first came out and hated it. :sad2:
Could never understand why everyone loves it. :confused3
Went back last year to see if it had gotten better (IMHO) but still don't like it.
:sad2: :sad2:

Never been on ASRR, MS, EE, :scared: or Dumbo, barnstormer, :rolleyes1 Do not like any of the value resorts. :sad2:
Think WDW Buses do a great overall job
(when you think how many people they move):moped:

Don't like anything in AK except Lion King show. Go there to watch it and
then leave. :dance3:

Mrs.Reese
02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Are you absolutely sure this a flame-free zone?

1) I despise all fantasyland attractions except for Philharmagic. To me this is what the 9th circle would look like. 20,000 misbehaving children.

2) I have fallen asleep in Ellen's Energy, American Adventure, Great Movie Ride and Country Bears. They are great napping places. :goodvibes

3) MMVCP is a non-enjoyable event for the Reese family. DH has threatened divorce if forced to ever attend again.

Otherwise WDW just rules and kicks cheesy-monkey eyes.

michvin
02-25-2007, 05:35 PM
since this is a flame free zone....

1) I plan on napping during Hall of Presidents, American Salute, and One Mans Dream. It is a great pick me up during a busy day!:confused3

2) Once after walking across the park in a terrible rain, I took off my shoes and socks and squeezed out the water under my chair in Carousel of Progress!!:scared1:

3) Not into the turkey legs or Dole whips.

Okay, I have to admit that if I saw you squeeze your socks out I would think you are crazy...but sitting here reading it just made me crack up! Very good thinking!:rotfl:

Oh, and I guess our sin is that one day last April, as we were at Disney for 3 days but only had one day passes, on our last day that we checked out of All-Star sports, we drove to DD, played in the water, then hopped on the bus to Animal Kingdom and checked out the resort and played on the playground then went back to DD and drove home. We also did the same thing last August, but went to Coronado Springs instead.

herodrx1
02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Okay, I have to admit that if I saw you squeeze your socks out I would think you are crazy...but sitting here reading it just made me crack up! Very good thinking!:rotfl:

Oh, and I guess our sin is that one day last April, as we were at Disney for 3 days but only had one day passes, on our last day that we checked out of All-Star sports, we drove to DD, played in the water, then hopped on the bus to Animal Kingdom and checked out the resort and played on the playground then went back to DD and drove home. We also did the same thing last August, but went to Coronado Springs instead.

Thanks! Just hearing you say you laughed makes me feel better. I've felt kinda guilty about it since I did it! Although, I laugh about it each time I've gone back since!!

Diz whiz
02-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, this is a flame free zone...

Freyja
02-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Ive never had a Dole whip!

Harvestmooner
02-25-2007, 06:09 PM
My Disney sin -My Dh, DD and DS went on Test Track and I refuse to ride it!! We drive down from NH-by then I have had enough "white knuckle" rides to last a long, long time!!! Never been on this ride for this reason!!!!
Also, not really in love with AK. Love the shows-but only like a couple of the rides(safari and kali river)
Hate the turkey legs!!!! Love Cosmic Ray's-don't know why-but just do!!!!

Sk8Leigh
02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
And I was desparing that the last trip I didn't get on Rock n Roller Coaster:sad2: It wasn't operating at the time of my fast pass and we didn't make it back! Doesn't help that it isn't a priority for some members of my gang :rolleyes1 .....so.......I have stressed that this year, we are heading to RNRC first thing :cheer2: Can't wait!!!

:rotfl2: I did exactly the same thing! I think I even rode TOT twice, but when I went to RnRC with my FP it was down. I meant to go back, but I had a huge wait for dinner and ran out of time.

My confession is that I don't understand the big deal about Hidden Mickeys. :confused3

GGOOFY1
02-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Last trip was with DD and we spent one day at MK, we didn't ride any of the Mountains:crazy2:
Have never tried Dole Whips or Turkey Legs:eek:
Have not rode Soarin yet:confused3 the lines have been to long and didn't get fast passes

mmeb144
02-25-2007, 06:47 PM
I went on the Jungle Cruise for my last time, for a while, on my trip a couple of week ago. I almost ruined the skipper's spiel. I know all the jokes! How sad is that!?

Jungle Cruise:

"A plane down in the jungle. That can only mean one thing..."

(Say it with me now.) "Hippos."

See the pair of alligators

"Watch out for Ginger..."

"She snaps!"

We go on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at AK. Remember the part with the pile of crocodiles? Well, all I can think of is this terrible joke from the Jungle Cruise. :rolleyes:

Marie

Epcot242
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
We try to avoid AK if we can - now the only draw is E:E. And I've never tried a Dole Whip either.

But as a wise man once put it: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun..."

hogue123
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I have never had a dole whip or one of those mickey ice creams (the one with the mickey head).
I have never ridden Splash Mountain.

DisneyGirlie
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Numerous sins:

- I've been to WDW 10 times [11 is coming up soon] and I've never fully explored the World Showcase. The only countries I have really really paid attention to are Mexico, Norway, Germany, and France.
- I've never ever ridden ToT and I don't particularly intend to.
- I hated Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest.
- I've only ridden Dumbo once [apparently when I was little because i can't remember] and same thing with the teacups. I hate things that spin. Just watching them makes me sick.
-Never had a churro in my life.
- I can't help but feel superior while walking by all the people in the standby line when I have a fastpass. I'm sorry. I just can't help it.
- Sat on a fence in frontierland to watch the parade and freaking broke it. But, I blame it on the big guy that came and sat down on it too because everything was fine when it was just me. Even though I know I shouldn't have been on it anyway. Never again.
- I think Illuminations is boring.
- I hate the part of rides that have the "briefing" room. I am so sick of seeing people on the TVs telling me storylines and such. I've already seen you too many times, its a waste of time, and just let me experience the ride for myself.

DisGirl819
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
My Disney Sins:

-I was in EPCOT on the 4th of July and we walked out before Illuminations. We saw sporadic fireworks from MK and MGM instead.:rolleyes1
-I hate Star Tours!:darth:
-I don't like Dole Whips or Mickey Ice Cream Bars. :earseek:
-I hated the Safari "ride" in AK, felt like animal viewing in fast forward.:drive:

Nicole786
02-25-2007, 07:45 PM
- I thought "Cars" was really boring
- I have never been on Dumbo

I can't think of anymore! haha

freepixie
02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
:rolleyes1 When I used to push my grandma's wheelchair around the parks, and kids would cut me off and run around in front of the wheelchair, or when dads push their kids past us and cut us off that I had to come to a screeching halt... I had the sick desire to ram into ankles... I never did ram an ankle or mow down a kid, but I fantasized about it. Those were the days of wheelchair rage...

:rolleyes1 We have gone into the MK late in the evening to eat a burger at Pecos Bill, then leave without doing anything.

:rolleyes1 I really don't like to go to AK, its too hot in the summer.

:rolleyes1 I don't like to pin-trade with CM's, it makes me feel weird. I only pin-trade online.

:rolleyes1 I have only seen an afternoon parade in MK once or twice in my life - its too hot in the 3:00 July sun to enjoy it. I'd rather be back in at the Poly, enjoying a cold shower, and laying across the bed with the air conditioning on high!

yankeepenny
02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
still sinning- love these flame free zones

just the thought of a dole whip makes me nauseated
and the turkey legs, no thank you

my real sin?
okay, i eat 2 mickey bars in a row. i am a glutton for mickey bars. and i secretly will NOT likely go to mgm this time around. wicked way too hot of a concrete jungle for me.
( yeah, another sin, i use the word wicked all the time0
wicked awfull bad habit , huh?:rotfl2:

mirthmaiden
02-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Freepixie's confession made me think of one for myself:

I have never traded a pin nor even thought about trading a pin. And, as if that isn't bad enough, I've never looked for a hidden Mickey or even cared that I might be passing one by.

snomofinn
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
:laundy: Since were all hanging out our dirty laundry.. well...I would pass my daughters off younger then what they were when I purchased the park hoppers!:rolleyes1 I really couldnt do that with my oldest daughter because she looked like an adult when she was 9! she was 5'6" already! but my youngest is a shortie like me:cutie:Can't do that anymore, there 20 and 13. I have one more, Iam a klepto when it comes to the mousekeeping cart!:rolleyes1 I'll walk pass a cart and take a handful of shampoo, soaps, etc...throw them in my suitcase and use them at home for spares in case we run out of something..

:tinker: MARCH 13, 2007 - DISNEY HERE WE COME!:tinker:

Lilo'sMom
02-25-2007, 08:31 PM
- I am smug when I am able to walk past a long line of visitors because I have my FastPass
- I make my touring plans around my restaurant choices - "Oh good, we can stop and see something in Epcot...MAYBE... after my Sticky Toffee Pudding at Rose and Crown".
- I have NEVER seen the complete show at the Hall of Presidents, the American Pavillion (don't even know the name)... or "FANTASIA" for that matter, I ALWAYS fall asleep
- during our last visit my husband chatted up a member of the Dream Team and happened to receive a handful of FastPasses (for our last few hours in town) - which was our hope in the first place!
- also during our last visit my husband and I distracted our daughter - "Oh look honey, it's a Disney topiary... ooh." - when we saw characters that we didn't feel like waiting for (Eeyore, Pooh, Clarabelle)
- we booked another trip 26 days after returning home - and haven't told anyone yet since we don't want to hear "What do you mean you are going to Disney again!". Our 10th Anniversary trip in August and we are staying at the POLY! Rock on!
- Last one - we are secretly hoping for a Poly concierge upgrade, and will actually request a free upgrade at check in!

I feel better. Talking is good.

David R
02-25-2007, 08:32 PM
:rolleyes1 We have gone into the MK late in the evening to eat a burger at Pecos Bill, then leave without doing anything.

Guilty. Last week we went to the MK to eat dinner and came back home, not a single ride or shopping.

The other day I complained when my partner (not a big Disney fan by the way) suggested that we go to WDW for the evening.

Hate Dole Whips.

I enjoy the Imagination ride for what it is.

I've fallen sleep in Pirates and the Tiki Room.

Illuminations bores me.

My partner threw up on the street at PI after having too much to drink.

The Mick
02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
1) I despise all fantasyland attractions except for Philharmagic. To me this is what the 9th circle would look like. 20,000 misbehaving children.

Yep, that would be one of my confessions too.

Also:

- I think Dolewhips are very much overrated. They're OK, but they don't deserve all the praise.

- I think both Splash and Space Mountain are extremely overrated too. I could never go on either again and not miss them at all.

- I LIKE BEVERELY IN CLUB COOL.

- I've NEVER tried a turkey leg.

- MAGIC KINGDOM IS MY LEAST FAVORITE PARK (but I still love it anyway).

- I've used an OLD fastpass to get onto Soarin on a day it wasn't for (but the CM took it!)...........

Dis-Wiz
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM

I read this and said, must be a New Englander, and then I see the location...:rolleyes: .

New England in WICKED awesome! :thumbsup2

Ok, sorry, back to sins...

I have never had a Dole whip in the 9 times I have been to WDW :eek: .

deide71
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Still have not seen Fantasmic in 3 trips...no plans to see it on trip #4!

rluey29
02-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Don't Like Soarin. Never tried a Dole Whip. Not crazy about MGM.

DaisyLynn
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
still sinning- love these flame free zones

just the thought of a dole whip makes me nauseated
and the turkey legs, no thank you

my real sin?
okay, i eat 2 mickey bars in a row. i am a glutton for mickey bars. and i secretly will NOT likely go to mgm this time around. wicked way too hot of a concrete jungle for me.

Ayuh..that's a wicked pissah!!!

:rolleyes1 I think dole whips are disgusting.

:rolleyes1 I have never had any desire ever to stay at AKL...but I was outvoted for the upcoming trip. Hoping I'll love it!

teach22180
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Last summer, I spent 4 days in WDW and 4 days on the cruise and NEVER had a Mickey Bar. (Actually, I don't feel guilty about that; more like I missed out on something!) :rotfl:

However, I am a US History teacher, and we skipped both American Adventure AND Hall of Presidents! That I feel a tad bit guilty about.

DisneyGirlie
02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
As others have stated,
I am a huge Disney pin collector, but I never trade with CMs.
I never trade at all actually.
I just don't see the point.
If I buy a pin then obviously I like it and I want to keep it.

The Mick
02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
As others have stated,
I am a huge Disney pin collector, but I never trade with CMs.
I never trade at all actually.
I just don't see the point.
If I buy a pin then obviously I like it and I want to keep it.

I don't collect pins (shotglasses instead), but I never understood the point to pin trading either, for the exact reasons you talk about. I wouldn't want to trade my shot glasses...they have sentimental value above all else! I would think the same thing for pins...

fairestoneofall
02-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Add me to those who've never had a Dole Whip. And I don't plan to ever have one.

I've never traded a pin. I don't see the point. Like the PPs, my DD and I buy the ones we like.

I've never ridden Splash Mountain. I do not like water rides.

I let my DH ride Dumbo with the kids.

Zippa D Doodah
02-25-2007, 10:06 PM
They say confession is good for the soul. So here goes...

-Illuminations bores me
-I have been to WDW 10 times, MK is my favorite park, and I have NEVER ridden the LIberty Belle riverboat
-I am diabetic, but Mickey bars are too great of a temptation for me to resist

Aroura
02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Okay, confession time.

I think getting autographs from the characters is st00pid:rolleyes1 . I think a picture of my kids with them is better than their badly scribbled name in a book that will be lost.

I do not care for the turkey legs. I think they should be salty.

I can't ride the teacups, they will make me vomit.
:scared:

Hobbes
02-26-2007, 07:40 AM
OK here goes

4 times WDW and twice to DL-never been on (and no desire) Swiss family/Tarzans treehouse.

If I get a nice spot to sit for a parade, I often "accidentally" spill ice cream/soda on the wall/ground next to me to stop people invading my space.

I was REALLY disappointed to see the castle in DL after seeing Cinderella castle in WDW

I have a burning desire to smack smug Wendy in the nose when I see her-I always felt the same as a kid watching Peter pan

I'm not a nice person.:sad2:

okeydokey
02-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I've never had a turkey leg or a dole whip.

marivaid
02-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Never had a Dole Whip, turkey leg, or Mickey Bar.

Fell asleep in La Nouba.

Have absolutely NO desire to stay at the Grand Floridian.

and the worst for last ....

I *HATE* cartoons,including Disney cartoons.

MickeyMirth
02-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Okay, here goes....A few times when my DH and I have stayed on site, we never even visited a park, unless you count DD.:blush:

kittythepoohbear
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
As long as everybody is confessing:

1- I haven't been to AK in two years which is really sad since I love this park. I just always seem to run out of time.
2- I HATE MGM!!! Have been there for a grand total of 10 hours in 10 years. Stupid park has only thrill rides (I hate things that drop you) or old rides (I loved Star Tours - back in 1993).
3- I am addicted to the peanut butter mousse brownie at Peco's Bill. I now stop there just to eat them.
4- I haven't ridden Splash Mountain in well over a decade. See #2 (hatred of dropping).
5 - I really, really love IASW and like to sing along quietly.

mamaprincess
02-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't care for that Dumbo ride at all.

I love that lame ride in Mexico.

I wear Payless Croc knock-offs. They are comfy and $20 bucks cheaper.

I steer my kids toward pintrades that aren't junk. Leave them to there own devices and they will trade really good pins for anything, so I supervise.:sad2:

Before the DDP we ate at buffets 99% of the time.

We think the DDP is to little food. Give us a sitdown breakfast, a sitdown dinner and a snack.

We are resort snobs.

We went to WDW during the holidays and didn't go to see the Osbourne lights even though we wanted to. I believe we would die of boredom at the Candlelight Processional. We also managed to miss Christmas Wishes even though we went to the MVMCP. We were to busy riding Splash Mountain.

I caused a little scene after my hubby went off with two of our girls and enjoyed the airconditioned splendor of honey I Shrunk the Audience while me and our other girl almost had heat strokes trying to find them.:scared:

auntread
02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
On our last trip, DSis and I sat for 4 hours on a bench in Frontierland and people watched!

I have never had a Dole Whip.

Turkey legs gross me out!!!

I Love the Small World song!!

I hate the Tiki Room and have told ppl in my group that it was closed so we wouldn't have to do it.

bopper
02-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Ok...I am going to confess....

I DONT LIKE DOLE WHIPS!!!!!!!
There I said it I feel much better.

...and I think Turkey Legs are disgusting!

Can I confess a sin of my DH? He never has let us watch Wishes all the way through...there is always some reason why he needs to beat the crowds...

I make my family eat at the Portobello Yacht Club just so I can have the Cappuccino Gelato.

I went to the Hoop De Doo 18 years ago and thought it was so corny and the food was terrible.

sticker231
02-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Sometimes I have two:mickeybar :mickeybar .

I couldn't live with it anymore. So glad for this post.

peel
02-26-2007, 09:26 AM
If I get a nice spot to sit for a parade, I often "accidentally" spill ice cream/soda on the wall/ground next to me to stop people invading my space.

:lmao: *making a mental note*

litlpixie
02-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Since we're all being honest:

**I bring my refillable mugs back to POR when we stay there.;)

**I have never been in the Swiss Family Treehouse (I just don't get how that is a fun thing to do)

**I checked out of Wilderness Lodge a day early, because I couldnt stand the aptmosphere.

**MGM bores me into unconscienceness

**I have been known to step on the toes of people who don't MOVE ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ROW.....:laughing:

fAnnF
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
One day I walked into Magic Kingdom looked at Main Street took 2 photos and left. BF thought i was out of my mind.
One day we went to 3 parks and didn't ride a single ride. MGM, Epcot, and MK. We were at the parks from open to close.

Lzylitnin
02-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't like Fantasmic! :guilty:

vancesmom
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
So, I guess if we're confessing... I love having all of you to share my obsession. However, a part of me wishes you all didn't exsist so that I may have the part to myself well at least wish it wasn't so crowded sometime. I'm so nervous about going in October - some say crowded some say not. I've never been this time of year. Here's to hoping you are all mostly going in August. :idea: But truly I'm so glad I have you all to make the next 7 months go by a little faster. :grouphug:

Tinker_
02-26-2007, 10:29 AM
:banana: I can only afford a Value Resort- and thats okay!:banana:

Lrnl80
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
My Confessions:

1. I Love Maelstrom. I think it is the cheesiest ride in DW, but it makes me crack up every time. The first time DH, DD, and I rode it, there was a huge line, and we thought, "this must be good!" We came off laughing in tears, we waited all that time for that!. This has since been our "family tradition".

2. I bought 10 day tickets for our upcoming trip, we are only going 7 days, so I can plan another trip in the near future. My husband does not know this!

3.When my husband brings up other vacations, lets say, Hawaii. I always think, I would rather go to DW, and I could get us there cheaper!

:laughing:

farmmy
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
never been on any of the mountains. Almost made it to splash but a parade blocked my route to get there. Then i got distracted and forgot to go back to ride it later.

GC&S
02-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I bought a dole whip. I took 2 bites. I threw it away :idea:. I was paranoid for a while that someone with a lime green mickey would chase me down and make me finish it.

In 14 trips I have never seen the American Adventure.

I hate going to Frontier Land because the smell of turkey legs makes me gag.

We (including dd 4) ate popcorn and Mickey bars for breakfast one morning last year because the line at Main Street Bakery was too long. We were in a hurry to get to Buzz. popcorn:: (But I did buy dd some milk so it wasn't a totally unhealthy breakfast).

We left CP at dinner before all the characters came around. We told dd (4) that it was Piglet and Eeyore's nap time.

mirthmaiden
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Here's to hoping you are all mostly going in August.

I'm going in August. Let me know if there's anything else I can do :laughing:

Dallas_Lady
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
-I don't like Dole Whips or beaver tails

-Illuminations is my way of beating the crowds out of Epcot

-Now that I have a DD, I am going to have to actually spend time in Fantasyland, and I am NOT excited about that at all

-I can't pass an ice cream cart without getting a Mickey Bar. Even if I have already had 2 that day. What is it about them that makes plain vanilla ice cream and chocolate taste so good?

-I think autographs are stupid.

-I am really looking forward to going to Universal one day

But as a wise man once put it: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun..."

A very wise man :thumbsup2

Nickybubs
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one who had some "secret" feelings of shame ! :lmao: :eek:

1.) I have been to Disney 4 times and have never once been at Epcot.:confused3

2.) Husband's first trip to WDW was last year at age 42 ! :laughing: He acted like the biggest kid of all....:hug:

3.) Son on last trip was 4, and decided he didn't want to ride any dark, fast. or scary rides...OKKKKKKKKKK...:eek:

4.) DS asked if there were any diggers in MK, and screwed up his face at all the "girl's Stuff". ( princess stuff ) princess:

5.) Joining the line for never eaten Dole Whip or turkey leg ( and not sure I want to now ! )

6.) Jungle cruise...is....sooo....lame ! ( Whew, said it. ) :snooty:

arielsleepingbeauty
02-26-2007, 11:48 AM
:lmao: *making a mental note*

that's definately something to remember for my next trip.

I have to confess that when I was in 6th grade I stole a pair of those purple
3-d classes from Captain EO. That haunts me everytime i go into a 3-D show and I hear the Cm direct guests to drop them in the bins.

Diz whiz
02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok here is another one....

Soarin was ok but I really didn't understand all the hype.

tarazandra
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
My sin is that I did not enjoy Illuminations and considered it over-rated. Not even planning it for the next trip. :eek:

tarazandra
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
My sin was I use to consider die hard DL fans rivals ( I know shame on me)

Oh my! I'm a rival :lmao:

tarazandra
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
My Disney Sins:

-I hated the Safari "ride" in AK, felt like animal viewing in fast forward.:drive:

Oh I am so with you on this one. Could not stand and wouldn't even think of going on it again if it weren't for my kids. In fact, for our next trip I'm hoping to plan that attraction while the youngest is asleep and then DH can take the older child while I sit out. In fact, even if she's awake I may make DH take both kids and I'll go sit and enjoy some atmosphere :)

mmcguire
02-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I confess...that I considered inflicting serious bodily injury upon my DH on our last trip. :rolleyes1

We had lunch ADRs at 50s PTC. On the way we passed JoJo and DH decided to make a "quick" stop so DD3 could get a pic made. Told us to go ahead, they'd catch up. A table was available after 5-10 min, and I waited outside for DH and DD while the rest of our group went in. Nearly an HOUR later, they show up, and I was FUMING, almost in tears. :scared: I'd stood out there freezing (it was Dec) with no way to contact them, and we'd missed the whole meal. All told, they'd waited for pics with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and JoJo. I know he was just indulging DD (she's daddy's girl), but it was only our 2nd day at WDW, plus she'd met Cindy & the gang at 1900 PF the night before. Our whole group was ready to beat him too, since they really couldn't enjoy their meals for wondering where the heck he was.

After that we carried phones with us, and have a "no splitting up before meal reservations" policy.

Hoops&YoYo
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
I only ride a couple when I go there (like 2! :) )
MGM is mainly for the atmosphere--At least I think

I'm with you!

PamNC
02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I have not ridden Mission Space as of yet. Now, that doesn't sound like a true Disney sin I suppose. But, here's the sinful part. The reason I haven't ridden it is because I'm afraid I'll get motion sickness. Not because I'm "scared" or I might have a heart attack and pass out or die. Just because I don't want to feel sick during my vacation. Well, even though they have added the green version with no spinning, I STILL haven't ridden it. I could kick myself in the $#%*! So, in August, I vow to ride the green version. I'm gong to try not to get myself all psyched up about it or I'll chicken out again.

Shameful.

One more thing - during our last trip in November I didn't ride TOT or RocknRoller Coaster. neither one. ridiculous.

PamNC

PamNC
02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I just posted, but I remembered a bigger sin than not riding Mission Space.

We booked the Grand Floridian and checked out after one night to stay at our then favorite resort, the Beach Club. We liked the room better at the Grand, but we couldn't bare to be away from the Epcot Resort area and Stormalong Bay. Since then the Poly has become our favorite and we can tear ourselves away from that area - we teeter/totter back and forth between the Epcot area and the MK resorts. They both have so much to offer yet they offer a totally different experience.

Imagine, leaving the Grand Floridian after one night.

PamNC

lennon2004
02-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I've never even been to WDW - yet. :)

Diz whiz
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I've never even been to WDW - yet. :)

That's the ultimate sin :rotfl:

lennon2004
02-26-2007, 12:43 PM
That's the ultimate sin :rotfl:

:confused3 I know! :lmao: But..I'm hoping to get there in 2008 or 2009. And by all of this reading, I should definitely be prepared! :goodvibes

freemore
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I think Disney World IS the real world!

And when my husband went to get a Dole Whip or whatever the last time, they gave him one for free.......must be hard to sell that stuff.

Freemore

Diz whiz
02-26-2007, 12:47 PM
:confused3 I know! :lmao: But..I'm hoping to get there in 2008 or 2009. And by all of this reading, I should definitely be prepared! :goodvibes

You should be well prepared ive been 14 times and I learn something new about everyday on this site....

GreyStr0ke
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
I have been drunk at Epcot :banana:

deekaypee
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Ooooh, many sins.

--I have never eaten a churro, Dole Whip, or turkey leg...and have no desire to. The name beaver tails make my vegetarian self shudder. AND I generally prefer the snacks I bring into the parks over Disney food.
--I tried Dumbo. I didn't get the appeal and wouldn't wait in line for it.
--I don't understand the appeal of face characters.
--I've slept in multiple attractions, sometimes visiting them just to get in a good nap.
--I've brought books I'm reading into the parks, taking a long lunch break to read a few chapters right in the midst of the Disney magic! (What? When I could be riding rides, visiting attractions, or shopping??? The horrors!)
--I'd really like a day at the parks that was designated adults only.
--The more I go, the more time I spend at the resorts.
--My next trip is to DL, in March, and I'm planning on sleeping in every day. To hang with the opening time!

Lovemy3babes
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I didn't even make it into see any of the countries in Epcot. Instead we played by the fountain. Yikes!!

Sk8Leigh
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
I have to confess that when I was in 6th grade I stole a pair of those purple
3-d classes from Captain EO. That haunts me everytime i go into a 3-D show and I hear the Cm direct guests to drop them in the bins.

:lmao:

Soarin was ok but I really didn't understand all the hype.

My sin is that I did not enjoy Illuminations and considered it over-rated. Not even planning it for the next trip. :eek:

ITA with these two. :thumbsup2

David R
02-26-2007, 01:39 PM
--I'd really like a day at the parks that was designated adults only.

Sometimes for fun I tell people "Disney World would be so much better without children" just to see their horrified expression.

However, I've also said that before "it'd be nice if they had the occasional adults-only day or or even just night."

Fainfamily5
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Love this thread!!!!

I guess my only sin so far is that we have not stayed on property!!! WE will some day but for right now off is best for us. I must say we tried the dole whips too in July and I did not like them either. So if all of us do not like them, then who the heck suggested we try one?

Evil Genius
02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
On our last trip we didn't see any fireworks shows. We were there for 10 days!!!

gilltrooper
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I think EPCOT and AK is the biggest waste of time ever. I still hold a grudge over the removal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and MR. Toad.

disprincessatheart
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I think....

Turkey legs = :crazy2:

DITTO!!!

Last trip my DF wanted to try them AGAIN because we thought we must have missed something the first time because everyone else loves them so much. In the end I talked him out of that!

jenv
02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I really love this thread its like being very naughty!! :rotfl:

I sure hope we don't get flamed for this!!! :furious:

1. I tell people its my husband obsession to go to Disney World every year!! I also tell people that he is the one that wants to be a DVC member. (Which is true but I act like I am just in for the ride) :love:

2. My husband this past year wore his Mickey Ears and I secretly thought he looked like a dork and wished they would of flew off during a wind gust!! :flower3:

3. I brought my old mugs from my resort because they looked the same and used them , though only for a day. I felt bad because they were all scratched up!! :sad2:

4. I don't really like MGM either and I act like I do with my husband because he loves it!! :snooty:

5. I am really, really mad that Horizons isn't still at Epcot, man I loved that ride and to be honest I loved the old Figment ride way better!! :figment:

6. I really hated BOMA!! :rolleyes1

7. I hate that I feel like a minority at WDW being an American! (sorry I had too) :hippie:

Man that feels really good!! We should have this little AA session more often!!:disrocks:

I really am a good person!!

~Jennifer~WI

Robin4
02-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't even know what school bread or beaver tails are and I go to Disney pretty much every year! (If somone could tell me that would be great :rolleyes1 )

luvsmickeymouse
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a few.

The turkey legs :eek: don't even taste like turkey.

I go into the Hall of Presidents for a nap.

I take the train ride all the way around the park to "rest"

I left TOT at the chicken exit, didn't do the drop. :scared1:

Never had a Dole whip.

Reuse my mugs.

Buy my souveniers at the Parks only, no walmart.

:surfweb:

teach22180
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I thought of another confession. I love It's a Small World! Not enough to ride it over and over, but I don't get why people have such strong negative feelings about it!
:cool1:

yankeepenny
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
its me again, yeah , that wicked weirdo yankee fan from new england.

okay, NO LAUGHING NOW. this is bad(JMHO):mad:
last year we went into the tiki bird thing at MK, and my husband was on the left and says to me , "look over there," [he was pointing to the right of me] and we were sitting in the last row in the back, and I looked over, being the Disney virgin that i was that week, and low and behold ,
the *&@#$!)%$ totem poles came alive and talked!
I screamed real loud and real bad and everyone in front of us thought it was hysterical that i was freaked out!
to this day, i hate that show and he is still laughing and now even telephone polls creep me out.

:sad2: I will not sit in that show again.
okay, go ahead and laugh, everyone else did.

bucky1023
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I went to MGM last year during a Star Wars weekend just so I could see all the people dressed up like characters. I didn't go on any rides or even really walked around much, just got a beer (or three) and sat on a bench until it was time to go.

tinkgurl
02-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I only go to EPCOT for Soarin', Test Track, and the World Showcase

Same here! :cool2:

mmcguire
02-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok...more sins to confess...

I've never had a beaver tail (they stopped selling them, right?)

I've never had a Dole whip (but plan to next time)

I thought CRT breakfast was WAY overrated -- even before the price hike

I like staying off site :eek:

I think pin trading is a waste of time and money :scared1:

I've never been to a WDW water park

I'm a woosie, hate Space Mountain :scared: and have never ridden Mission Space, R&RC, ToT, and most definitely won't be caught dead on EE.

SmallWorld71
02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm a little scared to write this :scared1: but I think it would be theraputic:
In a nutshell: I'm a teacher; can only travel on set vacations; DS7 at the time, DD3 at the time and I visited my Grandparents in Cape Coral, FL. Money very tight. Scraped up the $ for 2 days at the All Stars. DD turned 3 on the 14th. Arrival day was on the 20th. Money was very, very, tight......said to myself. "It's less than a week. If you could have picked the dates you would have come earlier in the month and not on President's week. Not your fault. Etc......"

Diz whiz
02-26-2007, 09:08 PM
I have been 14 times and never have rode Astro Orbiter..

SpaceMounatin
02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
-I rode AE once, and I was terrifyed, and it broke down and we were evacuated, so I never got to finish the ride. Actually, I never even saw the alien. I was terrifyed because of all the stories
-I hate Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (Bring back Delta Dream Flight)
-I find RNR boring
-I don't like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
-I HATE The Tiki Room Under New Management
-I preffer Pirates at Tokyo Disneyland
-I love El Rio Del Tempo
-I find MGM boring
-I love AK only because of EE.

-Dainan "My Disney sins" Rafferty

silverarrowknits
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, here it goes...

1) If I could only go on one ride at all the parks, it would the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. I like the fact you can adjust the height and the tilt and the random water squirts from the camel is great. I also love that feeling of flying in the sky.

2) Even though I am going to WDW in March with my parents, I have already booked another trip in May, and I am planning for another trip in September for my birthday. I don't have the nerve to tell any of my friends about the May and September trips yet. :rolleyes1:

3) This isn't WDW related, but it is Disney related. I have never finished watching Fantasia. I have fallen asleep every single time.

dmk1021
02-26-2007, 10:53 PM

Wow, this is really funny...I wish I could do it. I just couldn't bring myself to, even though I think it's a brilliant idea :)

Well, here's what I have to throw in the pot:

- My sister and I knew our Aunt and Uncle were visiting WDW with their 3 boys the same week as us and we deliberately turned off our phones and avoided the Poly because that's where they were staying and we wanted to enjoy our vacation without feeling obligated to be their tour guides (they had never been, and also used to pick on us for loving it so much...oh, and they never sent me a graduation card when I graduated from college...so there!).

- Sometimes in the stretching room in HM I will "mouth" along with the narration, even smirking and "laughing" where appropriate to freak out people (my family is so embarrassed by me!).

- I pretend to have an asthma attack (I do have asthma, for the record) around people who are smoking in the "no smoking" areas of the parks (i.e. almost everywhere) to make them feel guilty.

Uh, I feel bad...I thought this was suppose to be relieving!!:confused:

Quick, someone come up with something worse....anyone....anyone at all :goodvibes

arielsleepingbeauty
02-27-2007, 05:25 AM
I have never been on Astro Oribtor or the Riverboats and have been to WDW over 20 times. I always plan to, but never have.

I have used Horizons, Wedway People mover (i refuse to use the new name), Hall of Presidents and the American Adventure as opportunities for a quick nap.

I have ordered off the Children's menu .

While our DD's were on the pirate cruise, my mother and I sat at the GF pool.

After dinner at Ohana we used the pool at the Poly and waited to watch WISHES and the Water Pagent.

Cee
02-27-2007, 06:10 AM
.....we don't even GO TO THE PARKS. We hang out at the resort, visit other
resorts and DTD. It's about eating, relaxing and.....well.....YOU KNOW. :thumbsup2

Diz whiz
02-27-2007, 08:05 AM
resorts and DTD. It's about eating, relaxing and.....well.....YOU KNOW. :thumbsup2
You never go to the parks?

Diz whiz
02-27-2007, 08:45 AM
I have another confession.

I have never ate a Dole Whip and don't have clue what one is... What is a Dole Whip?

The Mick
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I have another confession.

I have never ate a Dole Whip and don't have clue what one is... What is a Dole Whip?

A Dole Whip is simply a vanilla and pineapple flavored softserve icecream.

A Dole Whip FLOAT is vanilla softserve icecream with pineapple juice.

The regular Whip is OK, but it's overrated. The Float is better. IMO.

Sk8Leigh
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
[B]- I pretend to have an asthma attack (I do have asthma, for the record) around people who are smoking in the "no smoking" areas of the parks (i.e. almost everywhere) to make them feel guilty.

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 Good one!

wdwfanatic80
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
My confessions/sins are:

I like counter service better than most sit down meals.

I have never had a Dole whip or a turkey leg and don't plan on it.

I am going back to the WL on Friday and I am taking my mug with me.

I have never been on the Wedway People Mover/TTA or Astro Orbiter.

I don't like Fantasmic and skipped it on my last couple of trips.

I don't always tell people I am going to WDW because I don't feel like listening to their comments.

Ummm....that's all I can think of for now! :)

tinkgurl
02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Let me think of some more...
*I never rode Alien Encounter...and I don't want to!
*I hate 'the Tiki birds' as we call it.
*I have only seen Illuminations once or twice.
*I have never had a Dole Whip..I keep saying I will get one and never get around to it.
*I have never gotten into the hype of pin trading and don't plan on it.

mirthmaiden
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM
A Dole Whip is simply a vanilla and pineapple flavored softserve icecream.

For anybody who lives / travels near The Villages in central Florida, there's an ice cream shop in the Lake Sumter Landing town square that serves these. I had one and was in heaven :cloud9:

Jerseygirl63
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Hubby and I are spending one night at the Beach Club and the next day we are heading out on Royal Caribbean's Sovereingn of the Sea for an anniversary cruise. We haven't told the kids about the one day fling at WDW. They will be devastated!!! I hope to be able to keep it a secret until we get home:thumbsup2

wahoostampingirl
02-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Here are mine:

1. I stay off-site and like it.
2. I don't like Mickey Bars or Zebra Domes. In fact, the only dessert I liked at WDW was a Kaki-Gori and a chocolate covered rice krispy Mickey treat. I haven't tried a Dole Whip or a Turkey Leg and probably won't.
3. I think both Illuminations and Soarin are overrated.
4. I'm not thrilled with MGM, but will be forced to go there as long as it's the only place to see Lightning McQueen (DS is a huge fan).
5. We got a Year of a Million Dreams cupcake and threw it away because I didn't want the kids to eat all that blue icing. :scared1:

PinkDaisy8844
02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't collect pins (shotglasses instead), but I never understood the point to pin trading either, for the exact reasons you talk about. I wouldn't want to trade my shot glasses...they have sentimental value above all else! I would think the same thing for pins...

I also collect shotglasses instead of pins!

Here are my confessions:
*I also hate turkey legs, they make we want to gag when I see them!
*I don't have any intentions on riding TOT, RnR, or the teacups (actually just looking at the teacups makes me feel nauseated!)
*I had never even heard of a dole whip until I came upon this thread!
*I'm not a big fan of MGM or Epcot!
*I like the corny rides (the ones where the drivers have this whole spill of a made up story)...like the Jungle Cruise and Kilimanjaro Safaris! :)

This is a great thread by the way!

auroralark
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I hate the Tiki Room and have told ppl in my group that it was closed so we wouldn't have to do it.

:lmao: That sounds like something I would do. I hate the Tiki Room too. I've always hated it, ever since I was a kid. In fact, I hate the new one even more!

doug65
02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I was born in Texas and left when I was 25. The whole southern, Mary-Kay-Aqua-Net-Stepford-Wife vibe they got goin' in Florida creeps me to no freakin' end.

I regard World Showcase at EPCOT as a rather loosely-themed mall with cheap, imported labor. Without air-conditioning...and overpriced "Yes, they're playing the drums. Yes, I'm sure it's very creative. No, I don't think it was worth $70." :rolleyes2

I don't love a parade.

Although they did get the GM Factory smell right, Test Track is an astoundingly dull, non-event.

Kilimanjaro Safari is another.

I'm betting the other Princesses laugh at Snow White behind her back.

If I could get my wife to dress up like Jasmine while I wore a Chewbacca costume, :love2: I would never leave the house.

shmoogrrrl
02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Forgive me DIS boards for I am a chicken.

I rode Splash Mountain for the first time in all my visits to WDW last August because I was completely terrified of the drop at the end. I've been on all the coasters, TOT, Mission Space and everything else but that drop scared me to death!

I did it finally, but I am still afraid to do it again! :)

LoriMistress
02-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I never been on the Riverboat/Pirate Ship and I never been to Tom Sawyer's Island. In fact, I HATE the Swiss Family Treehouse. There, I said it.

DisneyCP2002
02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
My biggest confession, I'm going to Orlando end of June and only spending one day at Disney.

dgaston
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Just a Dole Whip comment. The ones with only pineapple are better than the ones mixed with vanilla. And I love using a snack credit for the pineapple floats (pineapple juice with pineapple soft serve).

My Disney sins are greater -- involving the unmentionables (refillable mugs and pool hopping).

Diz whiz
02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Im giving this thread a last bump... If it doesn't work I guess this thread will die..

TreslovesWDW
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
On our last trip in Dec we never went to MGM even after I had said my daughter who was not tall enough in 05 could go on RNR this time. She was so mad at me but we just did not have time,I did promise she can ride 10 times when we go for a longer trip this year.

fan_of_small_world
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Forgive me Mickey, for I have sinned.

I can't even stand the thought of eating a dole whip...pineapple, yuck!

I have never climbed the Treehouse, explored Tom Sawyer's Island, or seen the Tiki Room (under new or old management) or Country Bears shows and am not upset about missing any of them.

I have no desire to ride the Liberty Belle.

We were in WDW for 8 days, had 8-day-hoppers, used every one of them, and still didn't make it over to AK.

Now I'll go sing 10 Small Worlds and 10 Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dahs for penance.

ETA: I was not impressed with Illuminations the last time we went (10/06). I loved t every other time I've been, though.

HannaBelle
02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
IMHO, DTD is lame. Planet Hollywood sucks (unless you are 15 and then I bet it is really great)...Cirque was okay, but after talking to a friend about the show she saw in Las Vegas, I think we were short changed...Disney Quest was smelly, hot and all of the virtual reality face masks were wet and nasty...I was sorry we went, 2X no less...the drive from the AKL was almost an hour...sigh...

I won't waste that time this year. :cool2:

I refuse to do penence...I think someone owes me my time back! ehehe

Edit....I love love love MGM and plan to spend more time there this year! I did not get to see EVERYTHING! One side note though...the Narnia "attraction" was lame...sorry Lucy!

TinkRBel_In_Training
02-27-2007, 10:50 PM
hmm, good thread!

-I always get the Strawberry fruit bar thingy at ice cream stands even though I really want the Mickey ice cream because I think ice cream is too fattening.

-Before I joined these boards a few days ago, I'd never even heard of a Dole Whip, much less tried one before

-We have been to Disney World 7 or 8 times and stayed offsite for all of them. In fact, we've never had a desire to stay at a Disney resort until this year because we think our timeshare is far superior ::yes:: Not to mention far fewer screaming children to contend with.

-We've only made 4 food purchases on Disney property (I dont count the strawberry ice bars as a food purchase, lol). Once was dinner in Mexico at Epcot, another time was croissants at the French bakery, and 2 times we bought the turkey legs at MK. We think Disney food is far too overpriced and overrated, we always eat offsite and like it! *runs and hides*

-I went on Splash Mountain once when I was 10 and refuse to ever ride it again.

-I can't stand 3-D attractions! I always go souvenier shopping when my fam is in Honey I Shrunk the Audience or Its Tough to Be a Bug *shudder*

-We find MGM incredibly boring, we don't even bother to go there anymore.

-I think if I've seen the Hall of Presidents once, thats all I need. I still go in for the air conditioning though :laughing:

-I think that fireworks show at MK is really lame

-Animal Kingdom has surpassed the MK as my favorite park

LITTLEKID58
02-28-2007, 01:45 AM
:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

mb168
02-28-2007, 05:38 AM
We've never been on the riverboat or Tom Sawyer's Island despite visiting WDW my whole life and going 4-6 times/year since 2001.

We never take all of the kids except once a year for a week in June. DW and I went alone while DD11, DS9, and DD8 were at their other parents house and now that we have DD3 together, she gets to go most other trips when the older 3 don't. The short weekend trips are planned when they won't be here. Our joke used to be, "I don't know why ANYONE would bring kids to Disney, it's so much more fun without them."

I've never done anything in Canada until this past trip when we finally ate at le Cellier. Never seen o Canada or anything else there.

Never been to Pleasure Island except when they occasionally let you cut through during the daytime when nothing is open.

We've pretty much quit riding Maelstrom because we hate being locked up at the end waiting on the doors to open and then always bypass the movie.

When we get to go with just DD3, we each feel guilty about riding rides that need baby swap while the other sits except DW loves Star Tours because they let her stand near the controls and watch the monitor. There is a camera that watches everyone during the ride and without fail someone will pick their nose during the ride while I'm on making faces at her. Many times she won't even ride, she just walks through and meets up with me with a big smile on her face and trying to point out who did what snickering under her breath.

Spilling the drink next to you for the parade sounds like a good idea except my DD3 would be the one to step or fall in it.

Miss Stitch
02-28-2007, 06:05 AM
1. I hated pirates and HM.
2. Always stay off site, dont want to spend two weeks in a shoebox!
3. Want to do a character breakfast, but never do as the menus sound awful

but my biggest sin is

I dont feel any magic walking into MK

sorry Walt!!

I spen 12 days in WDW and only rode 7 actual rides.

peel
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I want to gag watching people eating turkey legs. Actually, just seeing people walking around with them is bad enough!

I hate The Tiki Room Under New Management!!!! I love the original! When I was little I had a record with all the original songs....Tiki Room, Main Street Electrical Parade, Country Bear Jamboree.....I don't like it when they change the originals!

I think Maelstrom is boooooring, and I always sneak out before that horrid movie at the end of the ride is over.

And add me to the list of people who have never had or even heard of a Dole Whip.

Tess'smom
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
We have never actually seen Illuminations at Epcot. We leave to catch the bus early instead of waiting 40 bzillion hours in line. Did not like the campfire at Fort Wilderness - thought it was a real waste of time.

DepCor0311
02-28-2007, 09:34 AM
I never ever, ever watch fireworks....Just not into them.

deekaypee
02-28-2007, 10:46 AM

I DO know. You gotta prioritize what ends up on the itinerary. :thumbsup2 right back at you!

I don't love a parade.

Me, either. I've tried and tried and tried. But the Disney parades just don't do it for me, even with my Mickey Bars, and soda, and blankets to pad my already-padded butt. I just think, "Meh. I could be on _______________ ride right now."

I never ever, ever watch fireworks....Just not into them.
Another "Meh" moment for me. I like the fireworks all right, but don't want to wait forever just to get a good spot for them, and I don't like the crush of crowds. Plus the oohing, ahhing, and clapping for fireworks just confuse me.

Other sins of mine:
--When I meet face characters, I try to bait them into acting out or character or I ask trick questions that reveal gaps in their knowledge. (It's only really worked once, and then I felt guilty! Not guilty enough not to try it again, though.)
--I'm the annoying person on guided tours that knows more about Disney that the CMs.
--I love TSI and have no problem beating little kids to the paintbrushes. I don't even want the FPs, I just want to win!
--I love talking to CMs and sometimes feel like I monopolize their time.
--I laugh at all the corny Jungle Cruise jokes, every time.
--I think that when Main Street is fairly empty (off-peak season, early morning) it's creepy. And I prefer it that way.

dgaston
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Bumping because I think this is a great thread.

Diz whiz
02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
bumping again

wdwfanatic80
02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I buy some pins that have meaning and stuff, but I don't get the whole pin trading obssession that has taken over...lol

Diz whiz
02-28-2007, 10:37 PM
I buy some pins that have meaning and stuff, but I don't get the whole pin trading obssession that has taken over...lol

Add me to this list my sister went pin crazy one year and got like 10...

Cdn Friends of Pooh
02-28-2007, 10:54 PM
We ...

:sad2: don't like parades

:sad2: are from Canada but have never eaten at Le Cellier or seen O'Canada

:sad2: don't think Fantasmic is anything special

:sad2: have never tried a Dole Whip or a turkey leg

:sad2: have no desire to ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or Expedition Everest

::yes:: prefer to stay off-site :eek:

::yes:: "found" a Stitch Wet Paint Sign and it somehow happened to arrive home with us in our luggage :rolleyes1

::yes:: spend way too much money on souveniers for two grown adults

::yes:: like spending time at Universal as well as Disney :scared1:

NYDisGuy
02-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Ah finally my kind of thread

-I think all strollers need to be banned from the parks (sorry moms but stop running me over already!)

-I have motion sickness but still have rode everything at Disney at least once.

-I spend way too much on souveniers that never get used (except for sake from Japan :banana: )

-I spend too much on Disney food

-Caribbean Beach was WAY better 10 years ago

-Animal Kingdom is a waste of time

-Im guilty of swimming in the main pool at contemporary past 12 a.m. :rolleyes1

Diz whiz
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Have not visited all of World Showcase just visited Mexico, Norway (the ones with rides.)

addicted_to_WDW
03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I think Dole Whips are nothing special. In fact, I'd go as far to say that they are a waste of money.

MK is my least favorite WDW park.

The only WDW parade I've ever seen in its entirety is Tapestry of Nations/Dreams. The other ones bore me after a while.

Illuminations is my least favorite night time show.

(don't shoot me) Adults should not wear clothing with cartoon characters on it.

mjc05
03-01-2007, 01:45 PM
* Haven't been to Animal Kingdom park.

* Have no desire to eat at Le Cellier or Ohana.

* Love Maelstrom

* Have never seen Fantasmic and don't plan on it.

* Haven't eaten a turkey leg.

* Loved All Star Music more than POFQ. :cloud9: (Anyone need smelling salts after reading that one?)

snomofinn
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE
(don't shoot me) Adults should not wear clothing with cartoon characters on it.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl: The first year we went to Disney (1993), I bought all these Disney shirts and socks for my husband and I.... I still can't stop laughing everytime I look at those pictures! My husband told me that was the last time he would be wearing "characters" on his shirt! He said it was o.k. for kids to wear that stuff, but he's never going to do that again!:laughing: I did however buy him 2 Mickey polos with tiny mickeys on the left chest! I figured that wasnt too bad..:rolleyes:

vancesmom
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Here's my confession... I'm tired of hearing confessions. :laughing: Obviously we all have different opinions. But some of you have me wondering why you like Disney World so much to begin with. You don't like rides - you don't like food - you don't like kids. Well, I can't get enough of the rides. I think Disney does a great job offering variety of foods for everyone. And I've been a kid at the World - a single adult at the world - and now a mother at the World. If you don't want to be around kids then you are picking the wrong vacation destination. :rolleyes1

CinderellaBride12
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
...(don't shoot me) Adults should not wear clothing with cartoon characters on it. :eek: I don't know what you consider an "adult" 18 and up or older but I turn 21 the 14th of this month and all I can say is Don't look in my closet! :lmao: Most of my clothes and I mean everything from socks to shirts have Disney on them! As Walt Disney once said though "...Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." :goodvibes

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
We confess that we like Pop (Gasp)
We confess that we like All Star Movies (Gasp)
We confess that we liked Stitch's Great Escape. (Gasp)
We confess that we liked Sounds Dangerous (Gasp)
We confess that we liked Chef Mickey's. (Gasp)
We confess that we liked Rafiki's Planet Watch. (Gasp)
We confess that we like the meal meal plan and think it is not ruining the food at WDW. (Gasp)
We confess that we pin buy, but never pin trade. Once we get a pin, we don't want to give it up.
We confess that we like the parades and fireworks and have never had to scope out a spot for more than 20 minutes for any of them and gotten great spots for all of them. No bumping, pushing, nor grinding.

And for our sins we must make pilgrimage to Disneyland!!!
:dance3:

Princess Tinkerbell
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I confess I have never been on Soarin'. I want to so bad, but I'm really afraid of heights, and I'm afraid I'll freak!

peel
03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I confess that I will not be able to bring myself to wear those Minnie/Mickey Wedding Ears on our honeymoon in May. I don't care how much attention or free stuff they'd get me. DF said he'd wear pretty much anything if it got him to the front of lines faster, but I told him he'd be on his own and I would pretend I didn't know him. :rolleyes1

No offense to anyone who chooses to wear those things, to each his own. But I'm one of the ones who doesn't wear character shirts, so if I won't even do that, you can guess how far gone I'd have to be to wear those hats.

dmk1021
03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Geesh, I changed my mind about posting.

vancesmom
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Geesh, I changed my mind about posting.

I agreed with your initial post though. I think there's a line between posting sins like "never tried a dole whip" versus things/insults that are directed at someone else.

mb168
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
(don't shoot me) Adults should not wear clothing with cartoon characters on it.

Good thing I don't consider myself an adult!!!

I'll never grow up!

David R
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm not a moderator but I just wanted to remind everyone that this is a flame-free thread for people to confess their sins. Not everyone likes or dislikes the same things, let's keep it light and fun.

Diz whiz
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm not a moderator but I just wanted to remind everyone that this is a flame-free thread for people to confess their sins. Not everyone likes or dislikes the same things, let's keep it light and fun.

Thank you David....

WDWHeather
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I have to confess that... I am 22 and my mom likes ToT way more than I do. In fact, it doesn't really even scare her. hahaha.

Steph9072
03-01-2007, 10:23 PM
My confessions
* I have not been to WDW since 1995 :guilty:
* I am more excited then my kids about our trip :p
* I think the Tiki Birds are a waste of space & I get a headache from it everytime I go :headache:
* I love the Hall of Presidents :blush:
* I made ADR's at Ohana for breakfast so my kids could see Stitch...:ssst: I want to see Stitch :stitch2:

Cdn Friends of Pooh
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

SpaceMounatin
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I have an other sin

I'd prefer Tokyo Disneyland over Walt Disney World, any day!

-Dainan "Thank's to Tokyo DisneySea" Rafferty

yankeepenny
03-02-2007, 06:38 AM
here is a future sin, not yet happened.
as soon as i touch park soil, i wanna lay down and hug it.
(they will be prying me off the ground)
I confess, I am now an addict, and I need these boards for my daily fix.

:goodvibes :surfweb:

as penance i will eat 3 krispie treats, 12 mickey bars and
purchase a new pin.

vicki845
03-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Last trip to Epcot I did NOT ride soarin or test track nor did I go to Mgm. :guilty: Heck I didn't even buy the refillable mugs! :sad1: One more thing this is a hard one but I did NOT go to Downtown Disney and NEVER had a DOLE WHIP. :eek: Thank you, I feel so much better now

Princess Tinkerbell
03-02-2007, 07:43 AM
here is a future sin, not yet happened.
as soon as i touch park soil, i wanna lay down and hug it.
(they will be prying me off the ground)
I confess, I am now an addict, and I need these boards for my daily fix.

:goodvibes :surfweb:

as penance i will eat 3 krispie treats, 12 mickey bars and
purchase a new pin.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

vicki845
03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Ah finally my kind of thread

-I think all strollers need to be banned from the parks (sorry moms but stop running me over already!)

If yoy banned the strollers there would not be any small kids. What would Disney be like without smalll kids:scared:

vicki845
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I like it's a small world. I could ride it over and over again:woohoo:

I like the Tiki room:disrocks:

On our last trip I was happy :yay: when dh and our 15 month old went back to our room after dinner. Dd and the rest of our group went back to mk and went on ride after ride. He's a party pooper!

I like Disney better than the kids!:love:

I sometimes wear characters on my clothes and I'm proud of it!:cheer2

I think the turkey legs are gross and should be banned.:sick:

My favorite part of Epicot is the food amd drinks. I could care less about the rides.:drinking1

GreyStr0ke
03-02-2007, 10:30 AM
If yoy banned the strollers there would not be any small kids. What would Disney be like without smalll kids:scared:

There wouldn't be any waits for rides in Fantasyland. :rotfl:

deekaypee
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
--I justify eating at character breakfasts--it's a lot of food/variety for the $, I'll walk off the calories, it'll fill me up for the entire day--instead of saying I just want some one-on-one time with the Goofy! (I'd say "alone time with Goofy," but that might be taken the wrong way, and this is a family-friendly thread!)
--I'd rather go the dentist than be stuck on It's a Small World for more than the duration of the ride--and in response, Small World always seems to break down when I'm on it. :rotfl: And yet I just can't seem to stay away....
--I don't understand the appeal of the stage shows based on Disney movies.
--I like the Tiki Room and after the show find myself singing "In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" under my breath for hours. (And that's the only part of the song I remember.)

PrincessTrisha
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
My confession:

A CM at Buzz told me about a button on the FP machine to get an extra FP but I can't bring myself to use it because I would feel too guilty. But everytime I ride Buzz (and it's one of my favourites so I ride it often) I am tempted to use it.

jimmalru80
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
In nine previous trips, I have never seen an afternoon parade.

DznyLvr2005
03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
My biggest Disney sin is letting my husband drag me to go to Universal Studios last year!! :scared:

dizzy duck
03-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Forgive me Dis-ers for I have sinned. Last time we rode Small World I wanted to shoot the dolls. Turkey legs are sooooo nasty. All the Hall of Presidents is for is a nap on a hot day. And here is the biggie. On our last trip the thing you put your ticket in to enter the park was not working in our line. The cast member just drew a line across the back of it with a Sharpie. As soon as we got to a "secure location" we wiped the Sharpie mark off and got an extra day. I know. I'm bad. But sometimes being bad feels so good.

DznyLvr2005
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Forgive me Dis-ers for I have sinned. Last time we rode Small World I wanted to shoot the dolls. Turkey legs are sooooo nasty. All the Hall of Presidents is for is a nap on a hot day. And here is the biggie. On our last trip the thing you put your ticket in to enter the park was not working in our line. The cast member just drew a line across the back of it with a Sharpie. As soon as we got to a "secure location" we wiped the Sharpie mark off and got an extra day. I know. I'm bad. But sometimes being bad feels so good.

:rotfl: How could the CMs think that a little black marker is going to stop people from doing that!
Forgive me for I would have sinned on this one too.

yankeepenny
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
i hearby declare, on my honour as a disser, i will eat some mini cadbury eggs to atoll for all our sins.
gosh these are wicked good.

upon arrival at disney i will not however, drink that nescafe coffee. I will instead have a starbucks iv inserted and let it drip on in ........
:surfweb:

HSMndLKfan92
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I loathe Spectromagic with a burning passion.

Fyn
03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh boy...
- I've driven non-stop from CT to Disney 25+ times.
- I've never had a Dole Whip
- I tear up every trip when I step down Main Street USA for the first time
- I'm jewish, but going to Disney every Christmas makes me love Christmas
- I hate what Disney has done to Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination
- I threw up in the Coronado Springs pool during a late night swim after drinking a bit much at PI
- I'm a dork, and once spent 8-12 hours in Disneyquest
- I pool hop ALL THE TIME because I remember when Disney *allowed* it
- I once watched a friend do a backflip off of the large wooden water-carrying structure in the POR pool
- I don't mind getting soaked by rain at WDW (its the best way to make time getting from one side of a park to another), and I think its funny when people get annoyed standing next to me when I'm soaked. :)

mirthmaiden
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Oh boy...
- I've driven non-stop from CT to Disney 25+ times.
- I've never had a Dole Whip
- I tear up every trip when I step down Main Street USA for the first time
- I'm jewish, but going to Disney every Christmas makes me love Christmas
- I hate what Disney has done to Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into Imagination
- I threw up in the Coronado Springs pool during a late night swim after drinking a bit much at PI
- I'm a dork, and once spent 8-12 hours in Disneyquest
- I pool hop ALL THE TIME because I remember when Disney *allowed* it
- I once watched a friend do a backflip off of the large wooden water-carrying structure in the POR pool
- I don't mind getting soaked by rain at WDW (its the best way to make time getting from one side of a park to another), and I think its funny when people get annoyed standing next to me when I'm soaked. :)

:lmao: I think I'd be more annoyed about you throwing up in the pool :laughing:

babby
03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I am pushing 10 trips in the last 6 years and I don't think I ever saw a movie in the world showcase at epcot!! Now I have shopped the crap out of the stores in WS and my daughter has done the kidcot stations in all but I do not think I have ever seen a movie about any of the countries!!

kjs1976
03-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm a refillable mug reuser on multiple trips.

That's gotta put me right down there with Hades and Maleficent(sp?).

I don't like Illuminations and don't get the hype.
I don't like a parade, except for Spectro.
Don't like Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Although the hype for this ride stems from it's opening in my childhood. I didn't like it then either.

I don't "get" the whole love of Pooh thing or Pooh characters or Pooh attractions. As my brother puts it, "His name is Pooh. What other reasons should I give you?"

NYDisGuy
03-03-2007, 09:24 AM

Its one thing to have your kid in them, its another to have your kid next to you while the stroller is going through the crowd like a steamroller. I cant count how many times ive had my ankles clipped walking off the monorail. :crowded:

DznyLvr2005
03-03-2007, 09:32 AM
As much as I love Ellen, I absolutely hate Ellen's Energy Adventure and would rather stand in the hot sun for an hour instead of going on that ride :rotfl2:

Diz whiz
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
bump

yankeepenny
03-05-2007, 08:22 AM
here is another sin, i have been se-sawing on the adr's for two months and I HAVE TO CALL THEM IN TOMORROW, TUESDAY.

I have turned into a nitpicker about dining and am certain i will change a few in the next 180 days! :confused3
sinning! :scared:

:worship: i will eat an extra mickey bar for pennace when we arrive.....

wendy46001
03-05-2007, 08:46 AM
My sin list is way to long - the highlights are as followed

-I park at the poly and go to MK at night
-I also pool hop because I still have my annual pass (1986) that says it’s ok
-I think strollers should have an age limit
-I’ve lied to get a dining reservation
-I’ve drunk my way around the world not missing a country
-I lost ten pounds so I could fit into a large child princess dress (why don’t they make those in my size?)

Bethmsu
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
characters creep me out. My whole family actually. Never got an autograph, never went to a character meal. Just not for me I guess. :confused3

tikimom
03-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I think Crocs are the single most hideous article of clothing I've ever seen, and even cute little Mickey heads don't improve them

We stole someone's parade spot at MVMCP

I shamelessly packed and used our refillable mugs on our last trip

I love the Tiki birds

I love Universal

I love kids

I think Dole Whips and LeCellier are totally overrated

I have to bribe my children to ride rides

I get frustrated because my husband walks too slow at the parks

We are too cheap to fly to WDW, and it takes us 20 hours to drive, but I won't stay at a Value resort

I ignore my housework to spend more time on the Disboards;)

gwcollins71
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
The first year we went to Disney (1993), I bought all these Disney shirts and socks for my husband and I.... I still can't stop laughing everytime I look at those pictures! My husband told me that was the last time he would be wearing "characters" on his shirt! He said it was o.k. for kids to wear that stuff, but he's never going to do that again!:laughing: I did however buy him 2 Mickey polos with tiny mickeys on the left chest! I figured that wasnt too bad..:rolleyes: [/SIZE]

My husband only wears Disney polos when he's not working. If they aren't clean, we don't go out. He has 4 mickey ones, several random park and resort ones, a donald one and a couple goofy ones.

He's got to have his Disney...

addicted_to_WDW
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I was the original anti-cartoon clothing poster, and I stand by my opinion. :)

That said, pretty much everything my DH wears during his leisure time is Disney of some sort. He has several polos, but always buys the ones with park logos or the like. Every tee shirt he has is Disney, most of them for various attractions. We were going through the dressers this weekend getting rid of old stuff to make room for the new, and I couldn't believe how much Disney clothing that man has. I think I have one pair of socks.

If he asks for Mickey Crocs I think we're headed for a divorce!

dmk1021
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
x

Katiebell
03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I have a DL confession -- but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem at WDW. I can't figure out a way to leave gracefully. The last two times we left DL to go home, I couldn't help myself and I started crying as we walked out of the park. I felt so silly. :worried:

Diz whiz
03-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Those buttons are on all the FP machines; however, some of them need an override from a CM to use (for that very reason).

I saw someone pushing that button once at Peter Pan, and the CM there said that she could have them evicted from the park for that.

I don't necessarily think that's true. I'm sure little kids push those buttons all the time just because they're there, but it's certainly food for thought.

Can any CMs give more insight into this? I'm curious to know if there's an official course of action for folks using those buttons to "steal" extra FPs.

Id like to know which attractions these buttons work for :cool1: :beach:

tigger536
03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I love IASW.

I have never had a turkey leg.

I have never eaten at Earl of Sandwich.

I also think DDP is too little food. Give us two sit downs, snacks, (and maybe a CS too!)

I have used fastpasses that are past their time.

And now for the worst one...I have been know to show up 5 minutes before a parade.

I feel much better now. ;)

mirthmaiden
03-05-2007, 11:36 AM
...I have been know to show up 5 minutes before a parade.

:crowded: That's fine as long as you don't try to stand in front of me :lmao:

deekaypee
03-05-2007, 11:50 AM
And now for the worst one...I have been know to show up 5 minutes before a parade.

That's fine, we balance out. I've been known to sit down and wait in a prime spot for a parade, with my Mickey bar, get bored, decide I don't like parades anyway, and leave...5 minutes before a parade. A small part of me likes to watch people scramble for my good viewing seat!

Diz whiz
03-10-2007, 01:52 PM

Diz whiz
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
bump

resol37
04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I've never stayed at an official WDW resort (always SoG).

As far as I can remember, I've never stepped foot in a WDW resort.

Even after living there for four months, I've still never done a long list of attractions including Tiki Birds, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, or anything in Innoventions.

I go out of my way to avoid parades, with the exception of SpectroMagic.

During every trip I end up buying a turkey leg and then throwing most of it away. That smell always reels me in!

I can count the number of TS restaurants I've eaten at on one hand.

The only character I ever bother to stand in any line for is Mickey.

I stole a pair of WDW CM khakis from Disney-MGM Studios costuming. I swear it was an accident! I was packing to go home and didn't realize that I had stuck them in a box. WDW charged me for it anyway, so maybe it's not really stealing.

resol37
04-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Those buttons are on all the FP machines; however, some of them need an override from a CM to use (for that very reason).

I saw someone pushing that button once at Peter Pan, and the CM there said that she could have them evicted from the park for that.

I don't necessarily think that's true. I'm sure little kids push those buttons all the time just because they're there, but it's certainly food for thought.

Can any CMs give more insight into this? I'm curious to know if there's an official course of action for folks using those buttons to "steal" extra FPs.

Id like to know which attractions these buttons work for :cool1: :beach:

I didn't work at a FP attraction, but I've never heard of or seen these buttons. My friend Charlee worked at RnR and she never mentioned anything like that. They did have some universal FP (only for one attraction, in this case RnR, but without a date or time period on them) that we used as barter once or twice with CPs working other FP rides, so I assume she would have mentioned any buttons or similar things.

LionKingRules84
04-06-2007, 10:58 PM
My biggest sin is probably that I haven't been to disney world since 1994(I have good excuses though)

I also have never seen any disney movie that wasn't pixar since lilo and stitch which I also haven't seen. I do however plan to make this sin up before I hit Disney world in Sept. :) I have lilo and stitch, and brother bear on my netflix queue.

DancingThroughLife
04-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Every time I visit the Confectionery on Main Street, I sample the same type of fudge...even though I know very well how great it is. Yet to make myself (and my taste buds) feel better, I always buy a quarter of pound afterwards.

dreamergirl78
04-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Too good of a thread not to post....

* I can't see why people are willing to give their first borns for an ADR at Le Cellier. It was so-so.
* Laughed at non-smokers who sat in smoking areas and then got mad when a smoker had the nerve to light up.
* I forgot to tip Mousekeeping. :sad2:
* We scrapped all of our touring plans once we got there.
* Went to MNSSHP and hardly did any of the "Halloween" activities. Instead we rode rides!
* And I cried on the way to the airport on the ME. (and maybe shed a few on the way to our hotel as well) I can't help it I am a sap!

*EWooWDW*
04-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I still hold a grudge over the removal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and MR. Toad.

I agree!!!!!!

My sins:
*HATE the turkey legs...Feel sick everytime I smell one
*Addicted to the song in COP...Yes "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow"...It's on my ipod
*I've always wanted to take a pair of 3D glasses
*16 years old and still get kids meals sometimes
*Hate pretty much anything stitch...Especially his great escape
*Obsessed with CM pins
*Need frozen bananas to survive
*Can't eat Dole Whips cause of Lactose Intolerance...but I imagine if I could have them I'd hate them all the same
*Have a strange obsession with 1 Man's Dream

distrekker
04-07-2007, 09:58 AM

That made me laugh! It is good to be bad!! Just think of all the fun that you had!

distrekker
04-07-2007, 10:01 AM
We snuck up to the Concierge level at the Grand Floridian one time and pigged out on the buffet up there . . . man, that is how the other half lives?!?!?!

psupple
04-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Went to Magic Kingdom at 8:45 for the 9pm fireworks show - that used up 1 day on my and DH's tickets!

Will go to Epcot only to have a few Strongbow's from the Rose & Crown and people watch.

Could go to the Boardwalk everyday!

Stay offsite...

Sometimes never get to Magic Kingdom. Epcot and MGM are usually first on the list.

DH and I only saw only parade (Stars & Motorcars).

Will leave the park early afternoon with the intention of returning later that day, then never leave the room!

That's all for now....

This is a great thread.

casaazul
04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Don't like Boma!

Don't love MK! Like DL better.

Enjoyed Universe of Energy with Ellen!

Shopped at Norway shop and loved the trolls!

Took more pictures of flowers than characters!

Did not buy any tshirts, antenna balls, coffee mugs or hats this trip!

rabyoga
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Disney Sins:
Never been on Dumbo or the Carousel...
Never watched a whole parade (As I say, "Let's ride while all the slowpokes watch the parade")
Doesn't like Buzz Lightyear. (I spin the car around and around while Daughter and Hubby desperately try to hit targets.)
Thinks "Festival of the Lion King" is overrated (After seeing 2 times, I seen it enough.)
While at Epcot, with wide array of food choices with food from around the world, I crave stupid McDonald's-I go the the Refreshement Port and get McNuggets.
Look at the Pooh's Playful Spot and wish for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to come back.
Have come very close to throwing a Toddler-style temper tantrum when it's time to leave- I'm 40 years old.:lmao:

Island Mouse
04-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Not sure if it could be considered a sin, but I honestly thought the MK was going to have the Matterhorn like DL, and I was really disappointed the day I found out that it didn't.

Oh, and I actually love Dole Whips and have one every time I visit Disney.....even though I can have them whenever I want at home (I love Hawaii).

Diz whiz
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
bump

bizeemom4
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I LOVE Ellen's Energy Adventure!!! Love it for some strange, perverse reason.
I have drifted off in the Hall of Presidents.

And...........We have POOL HOPPED! We stayed at the Swan but both pools were closed - poop in one and private party at the other so we crashed the Boardwalk pool. :eek: And there were plenty of extra lounge chairs. We sat far away from the pool and let the kiddies play.

Worst of all, we have dragged our old mugs back and used them again on another trip.

I guess that's about as bad as it gets around these parts.

supersuperwendy
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
OK...back in 1994 when I was 18, my boyfriend and I stayed at CBR and we had a stocked fridge in our room w/alcohol. We filled our resort mugs with beer and layed on the beach...oh man we thought we were sneaky! LOL

aimeeg
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
okay-

I fudged my DD age for the Wonderland Tea Party. She is freakishly tall and had an absolute blast!! I would do it over again!!!

I ordered off the kids meal a couple of times.

aimeeg
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh and my DH and I both fell asleep in Nemo in AK.

Kids were wide awake!

dizzi
07-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Okay, here it is......

1. before i ever thought i woudl stay on property but really loved the thought Dh and I went to tour the DVC and as we were walking through on of the bathrooms, Dh stole a large bar of soap for me, he didnt tell me until we got out of the place i thought itwas soo adorbale of him to do thatf or me. Now we have stayed on property and i have all kinds of soaps but i keep that one specila. God i hope we odnt get arrested!

2. I take kids on the long dinosaur ride in EPCOT( FORGET THE NAME) just so i can take a nap!!!!!!!!!!!

Kriii
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Three trips to WDW, each a week long and never have been through World Showcase!!! Hope to remedy that in August!!!

King Triton
07-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Here's my sin...

I got so addicted to that appliance commercial while Orlando that I told my family to go ahead and go to MGM without me. I had to stay in my hotel room and what this crazy thing on TV. You know the commerical....where that guy says, "I love appliances!" :happytv:

BlindTyldak
07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Never been on Dumbo, but my "no Small World" streak was broken during the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past trip. I think I was the only person who was disappointed that we rode Small World with Peter Pan because until then I had been bound and determined to be 6 feet under before I ever got on that ride. :lmao:

Dizzle
07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Okay, here it is......

1. before i ever thought i woudl stay on property but really loved the thought Dh and I went to tour the DVC and as we were walking through on of the bathrooms, Dh stole a large bar of soap for me, he didnt tell me until we got out of the place i thought itwas soo adorbale of him to do thatf or me. Now we have stayed on property and i have all kinds of soaps but i keep that one specila. God i hope we odnt get arrested!

2. I take kids on the long dinosaur ride in EPCOT( FORGET THE NAME) just so i can take a nap!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Ellen's Energy Adventure?

DanMedix
07-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Reading what some CM's have written about their experiences while working at WDW (on other boards like this one, on MySpace groups, etc), I sometimes get the urge to run over to random CM's apologizing profusely for the stupidity of some of the WDW guests.

Listening to some of these CM's, you'd think they absolutely HATE us! I just wanna slap the stOOOOOpid idiots that made them feel this way!

GemmaPixie
07-04-2007, 10:43 AM
My Disney sin?? Im going off Disney more and more as time goes by. I still like it, no longer love it though! However, loving Universal more and more!! In a 2 week holiday we would spend 3 days in Disney and 11 days in Universal

maslex
07-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Okay, here's my confession....... READY FOR THIS ONE????

I have been to WDW three times so far and have NEVER seen either

SPECTROMAGIC
FANTASMIC
WISHES

I sort of watched Illuminations on our honeymoon (back in '93) but I was so sick that night, that I basically fell asleep part way through. :rolleyes:

But let me remedy that by saying that we are leaving in just 4 DAYS!!!! and I plan on watching all of them!!!!

Mrs. Nesbit
07-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, since this is a flame free zone...

-My dad will occasionally look to use old fastpasses from past trips. (not anymore though after the new FPs with the larger dates!)

-We have no problem using our old resort mugs. Hey, I don't see any harm here! :confused3 We love the new mugs that all look the same and just have the year!

-Before becoming DVC members, you could always find a few too many people sleeping in our hotel room. We just brought our aero mattress.

-I do try pushing that button on the back of the FP machine every trip, even though it has never worked for me so far.

-Me and my sister like to skip down the FP line with big smiles on our faces, especially at rides like Space Mountain and Splash. I just love the glares and faces I get from the people in the standby line!

-We always rush and sometimes squish past people to get to the door during the briefing videos, especially in TestTrack, Haunted Mansion, ToT, and Dinosaur.

-Me and my dad always loudly quote the briefing video. My dad always says that it is his goal to just once get a guest to tell him to stop it (he is 6'10).

:rolleyes1

MindyLuvsMickey
07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I've never seen Mickey's PhilharMagic . . . never been on Dumbo, the Tea Cups.

Oh, and I love the Tikibirds!

Pirate Me
07-04-2007, 12:07 PM
I confess that we didn't ride Splash Mountain in '06 because we didn't want to wait on the line the first day, and then we just forgot about it. :eek:

jensenba
07-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree!!!!!!

My sins:
*HATE the turkey legs...Feel sick everytime I smell one
*Addicted to the song in COP...Yes "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow"...It's on my ipod
*I've always wanted to take a pair of 3D glasses
*16 years old and still get kids meals sometimes
*Hate pretty much anything stitch...Especially his great escape
*Obsessed with CM pins
*Need frozen bananas to survive
*Can't eat Dole Whips cause of Lactose Intolerance...but I imagine if I could have them I'd hate them all the same
*Have a strange obsession with 1 Man's Dream

Dole Whips are actully dairy free.

lawlesslovewdw
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Got really scared:scared1: on splash mountain on last trip. Didnt queue as the ride was empty 1st thing in the morning and there was no-one in the boats in front or behind me. Totally freaked out in the dark bits - wont ever ever do that again, hate the dark at the best of times:)

palavra
07-04-2007, 02:16 PM
My main sin at Disney this last trip-I was mad that the you couldn't walk through the castle because of the show in front of the castle. DD (4) was really disappointed.

GoochiGirl
07-04-2007, 02:25 PM
slowly walks in looks around to make sure no one is looking
I went to some club in Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney with my husband in 2/05 and someone must have sliped something into my drink because the next thing I remember is waking up in my own vomit in my suite the next day.:scared1:
quickly covers face and runs out

Dizneydaz
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM
On our last trip, Sept. 06, we only went to MGM to eat. We made ADRs at HBD so my DM could have the Cobb Salad (she loves it :cloud9: ). Our ressies were for 7:30. We got there with just enough time for one of us to ride ToT. My DM let me do it. DD7 doesn't like it. Got done just in time to make ADR. After we ate, the park was pretty empty (everyone was at Fantasmic) so we spent some time in the Sunset Blvd. Sweets shop, bought a few things, checked out the giant Mikey Hat (they turned it off just before I took a pix!) and then we left. That was our only visit to MGM last time.

It 's not that we don't like MGM, but since DD doesn't like ToT (and we have one here at home at DCA) and she's too short for RnR, there's not as much for her to do there as other parks.

branv
07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I've never seen a parade...just never wanted to spend the time waiting, and when they've gone by we've always been inside a ride.

Last trip, we didn't see a single fireworks show. It was really really cold, and we just kept getting exhausted and wanting to go back to our hotel.

Last trip, we didn't book the free dining deal b/c we really didn't understand it. We already had our park tickets, but just by each of us buying one more day we would have had 3 days of "free" food. And we ate at Boma and Le Cellier which would have more than made up for it.

winterman
07-04-2007, 03:42 PM
We don't watch the parades either. We saw one at MK about 14 years ago but that was because it came by as we exited a ride.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: