PDA

View Full Version : Help Leaving Tomorrow

dreamerjlee
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey all,

I have just discovered the DIS this week, and I am leaving tomorrow for Orlando. Going on my first cruise. I have a question about formal night. I was planning on wearing dress pants but I was just reading a past Navigator and it said to wear a dress, are dress pants okay?

Thanks!!

ibouncetoo
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
YES! You're fine. Are you wearing a jazzy (sparkly/fun) top with them? Lots of ladies were in 'evening' pants ;) You can always cover yourself in jewels too!

Amlee
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey all,

I have just discovered the DIS this week, and I am leaving tomorrow for Orlando. Going on my first cruise. I have a question about formal night. I was planning on wearing dress pants but I was just reading a past Navigator and it said to wear a dress, are dress pants okay?

Thanks!!

Yes, both my sister and my oldest niece had on dress pants for our cruise.

Go Relax and Enjoy!

lindakmonty
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
welcome to the Dis! Of coarse pants are ok. There are many that don't follow the suggested attire at all. You'll fit in just fine in about anything. Enjoy your cruise!!

dreamerjlee
02-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks so much, I feel a lot better now. I didn't want to be dissed on the dis for not dressing up for formal night! :cool1: Now I am ready to go! I don't know how relaxing it will be I am working (as a nanny) for the trip, and the kids tend to wear me out... Still can't wait!!!

bettydau
02-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I just wore a "nice" dress, not formal at all. My dh wore blue dressier slacks, button-down shirt (only time he didn't wear shorts on the cruise). You'll be fine-I'm jealous!:rolleyes:

dreamerjlee
02-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I am sure I will be under dressed compared to the family that I am going with. But, I am sure that they already know this, I am not known to be someone who dresses up.