PDA

View Full Version : Back from our stay at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas

Sandra22
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
This is our second visit to the Cypress Pointe Resort, but this time we stayed at the Grande Villas.
Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
It is a relaxing layed back resort which we found such a pleasure after our busy days at the parks.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was awesome.
You can't beat the price from hotelkingdom; $99 a night. We had some friends that stayed here for the first time and they couldn't believe what they were paying for what they got.

I wouldn't know where to begin to start a review about our stay, but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

:thumbsup2 An overall great experience at this resort!

Sandra

scanmom
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
We stayed at CP last year and loved it! We also went thru Hotel kingdom and got a great deal! Did you go over to the volcano pool? Our condo was right next to it and we used it every day. My question is this.... is there a major difference between the CP side and the CPGV side? We are thinking of staying here again,and would like to try the GV side, but I am not sure if I should just stick to what I know!! Thanks!! And I am glad to hear you had a fun trip!!!;)

riu girl
02-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Just wondering how warm the pools are during winter months?

Thank you

gweny70
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh that's so great to hear! We are going in June and got rate of $71/night! So happy to hear we made the right choice with CPR!! I was curious too if you preferred CPR or CPGV side?

Sandra22
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
- Having stayed at both phase I & II, personally I would pick phase II. One reason for that is I preferred the pool area. They have two large pools with a mini-golf, play equipment and a store in between. The grounds are larger than at the volcano pool and I really enjoyed the landscaping of all the shrubs & trees. We also went between the two pools which was a nice option if one pool or hot tub was busy.

-As far as the rooms go, I liked both but also lean towards the phase II just because I liked the kitchen set up better. In the phase II kitchen you can walk through it and around the island, but in the phase I you could only come in the one way as the island came up to the wall. In our phase I room we had silk plants and flowers which added a nice touch to the room, but didn't have any in our phase II room.

-If you have young kids they would probably enjoy the volcano pool. We didn't go into that pool this time. I was pleasantly surprised at the temperature of both pools at the phase II. I really don't like being cold, and normally hesitate about how badly I want to go swimming, but it was great. They kept the pool at a nice warm temperature & it was wonderful even on a cool evening.
Other than the small turtle pool for toddlers, we never saw anyone in it, and when we checked the water temperature we could see why. It was freezing!

- We liked the phase I and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, but as I mentioned for me there were just a few things that I enjoyed a little more at phase II.

If there's anything else, let me know. :)

I hope you all have a great vacation! :wave2:

Sandra

gweny70
02-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for feedback Sandra!! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

WHIT1
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
This is our second visit to the Cypress Pointe Resort, but this time we stayed at the Grande Villas.
Once again we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
It is a relaxing layed back resort which we found such a pleasure after our busy days at the parks.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was awesome.
You can't beat the price from hotelkingdom; $99 a night. We had some friends that stayed here for the first time and they couldn't believe what they were paying for what they got.

I wouldn't know where to begin to start a review about our stay, but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

:thumbsup2 An overall great experience at this resort!

Sandra

How was check in? Was it time consuming or a breeze? We are staying there nov 24-29.

Sandra22
03-06-2007, 11:11 PM
WHIT 1

Both times our check ins went very smoothly. Although both times our arrival at the resort was after midnight, so it was fairly quiet. We had no problems/concerns whatsoever during our stays.
If you have any other questions, let me know. :)

Sandra