PDA

View Full Version : vendors

Lynn5700
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
hi Girls.can you tell me the names of your outside vendors like photographer videographer and florist.I'm assuming that you can save money that way.

Maggimus
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I can give you a good idea about Randy Chapman's(Chapman Photography) work...

Before I speak further I encourage you to look at at Randy's work along with other competitors. Randy is highly spoken of here on the boards, but I want you to make a decision that you are comfortable with. I am Randy's biggest fan so you will hear me speak very highly of him. His work is phenomenal and seriously, cannot be beat.

Depending on the package you get from Randy will depend on the price.
If you go to www.chapmanphotography.com and go to "Disney brides" the password is "Ariel". You can look at those photos and see some examples of his work there (you might be surprised to see many DISers there). If you click on the botton it will say "wedding information"... there you can look at his prices. When comparing prices you will see that Randy is a GREAT investment.

Disney gives you very few photos and makes you pay approx $1000 for the CD. Where Randy, on the other hand, gives you a CD with all of your photos and you own the copywrite to the CD. He also gives you an album with (depending on the package) a great number of photos.

Here was my package-- to give you an idea.
-I paid $613 dollars for 3 hours of photography. He shot me getting ready at the WL, then at the ceremony (Sea Breeze Point- Boardwalk Resort),shot afterwards for the reception and Mickey and Minnie, and then we went for the remainder of the time to the Grand Floridian for some photos on the grounds there.
-We received the album with over 400+ photos. The album is beautiful and I could not be happier.
-He also sent the CD with every single photo he took of us on the day. We have been able to take this CD an get reprints for as low as .22cents (Compare that to any other photographer. Sometimes reprints can cost up to $70 dollars).

Randy is a great deal! If my bandwidth hadnt been exceeded yesterday in my photobucket account I would tell you to look at my photos in my Trip Report. It should be up and running on the 14th so hopefully you will be able to look. However, I do have a link to my photos on Randy Chapmans professional website. That link is in my signature and will give you an idea of his work.

Randy is the most artistic, tallented, individual I have ever met. He is very personable and really makes you feel as though you are well taken care of. I had no idea what was going on the day of my wedding and Randy did. He took control and even helped my DH and Dad get their clothes on correctly (haha:rotfl: ) before the wedding. He also answered all of our questions as to what we needed to do for the ceremony (something my WC hadnt really prepared us for).

I highly recommend Randy as an outside vendor.

I also suggest you check out Stan from STVS for videography. We didnt choose to have videography, but had I done so I would have went with him. His work is very impressing!

When it comes to dress steaming Carolyn Allens is really good.

If you check out my TR you will see a review of all the vendors I chose. I was very honest about my experiences.

Hope this helped!! Congratulations and happy planning!:thumbsup2

EDITED TO ADD: Since my photos in my TR arent up... here is a link to my photobucket account. Hopefully here you can look at only a few of my favorites that Randy took. It is in the "Chapman Photography" folder. http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/

Disneybride_Nov07
02-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi!!
First congratulations on your upcoming wedding~!!

We are going with Christopher Patrick Photography!!! And we couldn't be more excited about it!

We were debating between a few photographers in the beginning like Randy Chapman, but Christopher Patrick was more "our style" if that makes sense and we just "clicked" when we talked to him!! He takes such artistic photographs which is what we were looking for!!

Christopher Patrick Photography (www.cpoweddings.com)

My DF and I have been in contact with him and his wife for the past month or so and we are going to be making a special trip to FL i think in the summer to take engagement photos which are included in his packages!!! :) Plus, he offers Disney Wedding discounts since he and his wife got married there!!

Good Luck deciding!! Planning is so fun isn't it! :)

dee slack
02-10-2007, 03:04 PM
we're having Randy Chapman for photography following the many threads on here praising his work and value-for-money.
Foe video, we're undecided yet as we can't afford STVS.
We're just having the standard floral that comes with the Intimate so can't comment on outside vendor's I'm afraid.

Have you any ideas of someone you might want to use? If so, you might want to do a search for them on here.

Disneybride_Nov07
02-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that we are using Emily from Charming events for our floral. We really like her!!

Lynn5700
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I can give you a good idea about Randy Chapman's(Chapman Photography) work...

Before I speak further I encourage you to look at at Randy's work along with other competitors. Randy is highly spoken of here on the boards, but I want you to make a decision that you are comfortable with. I am Randy's biggest fan so you will hear me speak very highly of him. His work is phenomenal and seriously, cannot be beat.

Depending on the package you get from Randy will depend on the price.
If you go to www.chapmanphotography.com and go to "Disney brides" the password is "Ariel". You can look at those photos and see some examples of his work there (you might be surprised to see many DISers there). If you click on the botton it will say "wedding information"... there you can look at his prices. When comparing prices you will see that Randy is a GREAT investment.

Disney gives you very few photos and makes you pay approx $1000 for the CD. Where Randy, on the other hand, gives you a CD with all of your photos and you own the copywrite to the CD. He also gives you an album with (depending on the package) a great number of photos.

Here was my package-- to give you an idea.
-I paid $613 dollars for 3 hours of photography. He shot me getting ready at the WL, then at the ceremony (Sea Breeze Point- Boardwalk Resort),shot afterwards for the reception and Mickey and Minnie, and then we went for the remainder of the time to the Grand Floridian for some photos on the grounds there.
-We received the album with over 400+ photos. The album is beautiful and I could not be happier.
-He also sent the CD with every single photo he took of us on the day. We have been able to take this CD an get reprints for as low as .22cents (Compare that to any other photographer. Sometimes reprints can cost up to $70 dollars).

Randy is a great deal! If my bandwidth hadnt been exceeded yesterday in my photobucket account I would tell you to look at my photos in my Trip Report. It should be up and running on the 14th so hopefully you will be able to look. However, I do have a link to my photos on Randy Chapmans professional website. That link is in my signature and will give you an idea of his work.

Randy is the most artistic, tallented, individual I have ever met. He is very personable and really makes you feel as though you are well taken care of. I had no idea what was going on the day of my wedding and Randy did. He took control and even helped my DH and Dad get their clothes on correctly (haha:rotfl: ) before the wedding. He also answered all of our questions as to what we needed to do for the ceremony (something my WC hadnt really prepared us for).

I highly recommend Randy as an outside vendor.

I also suggest you check out Stan from STVS for videography. We didnt choose to have videography, but had I done so I would have went with him. His work is very impressing!

When it comes to dress steaming Carolyn Allens is really good.

If you check out my TR you will see a review of all the vendors I chose. I was very honest about my experiences.

Hope this helped!! Congratulations and happy planning!:thumbsup2

EDITED TO ADD: Since my photos in my TR arent up... here is a link to my photobucket account. Hopefully here you can look at only a few of my favorites that Randy took. It is in the "Chapman Photography" folder. http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/maggimus/

Wow your pictures are amazing and for the price all I have to say is wow!! You know what I love about getting a cd is that you can make more albums online if you wanted too from like snapfish

What kind of album did you get and are you able to order different sizes for wall portraits and such?

Lynn5700
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Thank you girls for all your information. You have no idea how much this is helping me!!!

Maggimus
02-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Lynn, if you go to the link above for my photobucket (i wuold post it directly but ive exceeded my bandwidth).... go to "random" and I have uploaded photos of the album I received from Randy in there (just bypass all of the other junk).

Yes Randy truely is amazing.

once you get the cd you can take it to ANY print store and get any sizes printed that you want-- his photographs from the cd will all reprint at any size needed. I hope this helps-- let me know if you need more info.

DisneyBride'03
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, its been since June of 2003...but I had Broadway Photo do our photos and videotaping, which I got for free, cause they were training someone ! Yipee...prices were reasonable. Also used Peddles for the flowers! Bouquets were awesome! We had an intimate wedding at Sunset Pointe, Poly. You can find them online! Good luck and congrats! We are doing are big family trip next year..our baby was bor on our Fairtytale Wedding Anniversary:)