PDA

View Full Version : Did you get this PM too?

SRUAlmn
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Did anyone else get this PM today??

This was the contents of the PM:

Idiots on theknot are mocking your wedding board on DIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I should let someone know on the wedding/honeymoon board that you guys are currently being stalked by a bunch of women who have nothing better to do with their lives than make fun of Disney brides.

http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_...px?ForumID=136

CAn't copy direct links. but that is the board. The posts were made today on 2/8. That board is a mess. It's called About That Disney message board.

Not sure how friendly you are with everyone on this board, if you want to let them know what is going on. These girls are vicious and ruthless.

JJClemson
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh my goodness! No, I didn't get that PM. What is going on? The link wouldn't work for me. Why would people be that mean :confused3

NeverlandClub23
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Seriously? Wow. I didn't realize ANYONE had enough time on their hands to just make fun of other boards. To each their own but I'm glad the Dis Disney Wedding and Honeymoons board has such great and helpful people on it. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. :goodvibes

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Im confused Karen....:confused3

What was the PM that you got? Do you know who you got it from?

How come I cant go to the link?

SRUAlmn
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
When I clicked on the link all it did was take me to the knot website. I clicked on message boards and searched for Disney. I'm telling you, you will not believe how catty some of these people are being. It's so random. Why would you hate on people you don't know for no apparent reason???

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
im on the knot right now-- how do you search for disney on there? i want to look
nevermind I see it...

ChocolateMouse
02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Try this one. The formatting isn't complete, but the gist of it is there. I'll just ignore them.

http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=22851904

NeverlandClub23
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
If you go the theknot.com and type in Disney under "search message boards" it'll bring up a bunch of threads, such as Disney Wedding Board?!?!?

IrishCinderella
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
PS - It's on "The Nest" too.

Very childish to make fun of others for something you don't understand or know anything about.

Ironically, they call Disney weddings childish. Interesting.

Maggimus
:rotfl: :lmao: It makes me laugh to be honest... I hope they see this thread right here. You can automatically tell they are uneducated by the words they use. If you have nothing better to do in life... then so be it.

JandJ
When I was planning I tried the knot and their boards and yes, they were really nasty. Even the nest boards are filled with mean people. I have no idea why they'd be like that? Too much time on their hands maybe? I liked weddingchannel boards but the nicest and most helpful people are right here :thumbsup2

curiouser
02-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Another message board I go on kind of laughed at me for wanting a DFTW, but I just stood my ground proudly.

Some people just have nothing better to do than be snarky. Happiness is different for everyone and they're probably so superficial that they need the approval of others online to tell them how great their wedding is.

JJClemson
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow.. I cannot believe people have so much time on their hands and are so mean. They must be very unhappy people, I feel bad for them :sad2:

I am soooo glad we have this board! I don't know what I'd do without you all :hug:

SRUAlmn
02-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Just look at their signature pictures. I really don't think we're dealing with the classiest bunch of ladies (or klassiest as they write it! :rotfl: )

JJClemson
02-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Just look at their signature pictures. I really don't think we're dealing with the classiest bunch of ladies (or klassiest as they write it! :rotfl: )

:lmao: so true!

NeverlandClub23
02-09-2007, 04:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2:

DIP626
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Obviously they're jealous. But can you blame them? :lmao:

Deesknee
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I particularly like the picture in the signature with the small girl reading a book. With a vulgar comment.

Yet they mention anyone who wants to get married in Disney isn't mature enough to raise a family???!!!

Don't let it bother you ladies. And I do mean on this board "ladies"

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I dont blame them one bit-- Heck, id be jealous of my wedding too if I were them.

RBennett
02-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I particularly like the picture in the signature with the small girl reading a book. With a vulgar comment.

Yet they mention anyone who wants to get married in Disney isn't mature enough to raise a family???!!!

Don't let it bother you ladies. And I do mean on this board "ladies"

Well, first I'd like to say that it needs to be "ladies AND gentlemen." But second, I have no idea where these "hags" :maleficen , as one person on there called herself, get the idea that it's immature to show each other wedding/engagement/promise rings, or that it's stupid to have characters at your wedding. EVERY person out there has ideas on what they want at their wedding and to make their day "magical". I guess that it just shows that everyone here knows where the magic REALLY is!! :laughing:

Silverraindrop84
02-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow those people are the worst. Ever heard that misery loves company, well there you go. As long as they stay there!

http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=Search/SearchResults.aspx?f=%26u=%26q=Disney

Silverraindrop84
02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
They also talk bad about themselves... which is even more sad.

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
The "Aww come on guys, don't be so mean" thread was a little eye opening:scared:

cryssi
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I just have to jump in here and say that I completely banned the Knot boards after I found a post making FUN of an honest inquiry I had.

I was looking for clear Cinderella shoes and asked over there. I later did a search for my screen name over there, and came up with a thread about how this person was disgusted and couldn't belive that I wanted "stripper shoes", what type of person wants stripper shoes for their wedding, you'd get sweaty feet, and how they couldn't handle that nonsensical, idiotic request that early in the morning, blah, blah, blah. How DARE they be catty and make fun of other people?? I didn't even mention Disney wedding. It made me sick, and still makes me sick to this day. I'm all fired up just thinking about it!

I almost responded to that thread, but decided that I wouldn't stoop to their level...

Now there was like 1 person over there that was super helpful, but, for the most part, ugh.

Ladies, stay here on the DIS where it is nice and friendly! You guys are the best... :thumbsup2

c

jmmastra
02-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow! Obviously they have nothing better to do but make fun. We have weddings to plan!!! We should be happy that we have found a supportive board that listens to our ideas and is VERY helpful and understands that not everyone wants the samething for their wedding! :grouphug:

pixie08
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I think everyone shoeld write a complaint email to the knot message board people! Anyway realize most of it is in the "not engaged yet forum"....hmmmm wonder why?

Boards like this and the knot are created to help people plan and for support.

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow it amazes me that there are brides out there that are this mean. Can we say a new reality show? Bridezilla's that can't have the dream wedding they want. So they have to make fun of others. This makes me so mad! If it weren't for you ladies I wouldn't and the wedding I am, without all of the encouragement. Too bad all they have are a bunch of backstabbers. Ok rant over. Whew I feel better.

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I just have to add that they sound like Jerry Springer rejects...they probably arent even brides...they're lonely women(or men) so desperate to be married that they linger & poke at each other.....sad,,,,what a life

Warning...If your here to cause trouble...LEAVE.....this is as much of a reaction you'll get!!!

Now I'll be nice.....
DIS BOARDS RULE......1st class, top notch, grade A!!!
I got your back DIS BOARDS:thumbsup2

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I hope the moderators catch their posts and get rid of them ASAP-- considering they are trying to take over this board now...

Deesknee
02-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, first I'd like to say that it needs to be "ladies AND gentlemen." But second, I have no idea where these "hags" :maleficen , as one person on there called herself, get the idea that it's immature to show each other wedding/engagement/promise rings, or that it's stupid to have characters at your wedding. EVERY person out there has ideas on what they want at their wedding and to make their day "magical". I guess that it just shows that everyone here knows where the magic REALLY is!! :laughing:

Sorry, I stand corrected!

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I hope the moderators catch their posts and get rid of them ASAP-- considering they are trying to take over this board now...

keep your eye out for newbies...that'll be a tip off

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
keep your eye out for newbies...that'll be a tip off

check out the new thread...

dmslush
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
What a bunch of sad sacks! Oh well, they can go and have their weddings however they like, just leaves more dates open at disney for us!:lmao:

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
What a bunch of sad sacks! Oh well, they can go and have their weddings however they like, just leaves more dates open at disney for us!:lmao:

High five~ good point!

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
let them have their own thread...they can talk to each other...not worth a response

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 05:06 PM
i think we need a moderator to lock this thread and the new one.... any mod's out there?? If you ignore them they will go away-- none of us are going to stoop that low anyhow.

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
i think we need a moderator to lock this thread and the new one.... any mod's out there?? If you ignore them they will go away-- none of us are going to stoop that low anyhow.

I agree ..its time to take out the trash......we dont need trouble, nor do we want it

jasnal
02-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I cant believe people are this immature!! We are not hurting anyone by having Disney weddings! Dont these people have better things to do with their time?

PrincessTiff
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I cant believe people are this immature!! We are not hurting anyone by having Disney weddings! Dont these people have better things to do with their time?

I think your answer is in that thread.;)

Keep doing what your doing ladies, hopefully i'll be joining yall sometime this year.:banana:

Tammy32
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
What made me feel better was going and clicking on their usernames and looking at their pictures and then comparing them to mine. My wedding was everything I dreamed of and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Don't let any of them ruin your ideas of a dream wedding.

I haven't seen anyone on this board act like that. Everyone is so wonderful on here and I want to thank everyone on here.

SRUAlmn
02-09-2007, 05:46 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: nuff' said!!!

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was just thinking the same thing!

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 05:53 PM
WOAH....did she really just say that......WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE

dmslush
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

calanniebu
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: thanks for making me laugh!

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Looks like our "friends" thread has been bumped off!!!!!!!

THank you ....now we can go back to all things Disney!!!

DIS BOARDS RULE & SO DO THEIR MODERATORS!!!!!!!!
:banana:

PirateKitty
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Anyone here know what a "shounta" is? :lmao:

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Anyone here know what a "shounta" is? :lmao:

Shouldn't (in alien?) :confused3

Thumper's Tara
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Ladies...I know I haven't posted on this board much (yet ;) ), but I am glad that you have the class that you have. I have stopped reading the other boards because there was so much negatively.

I love these boards because there is no such thing as a stupid question, everyone ROCKS and it is all about Disney. What's not to love!

Here's to you!

-TT

Disneybabe84
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
oh my gosh! how childish can you be? They actually took a pic of someone's engagement ring and posted it on their site. Technically, that is stealing pictures. You can't use someone else's pictures without their consent. What a bunch of patheticness! ::sad2:

PirateKitty
02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Shouldn't (in alien?) :confused3

:rotfl:

DIsNeYSweEtHrTs
02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I can't even comprehend how completely immature this is. :confused: These girls actually sit on their computers all day just to bash weddings that they don't even have to attend??!? They actually spent time going through our boards to rip it apart?? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME! I thought I was out of highschool, but this is so much worse! I just want to applaud all of the Disney brides/brides to be for being so incredibly classy (or is it klassy?). You girls are so wonderful, and it's so great that we have this place where we can be supportive of one another. So what if we want Disney weddings, it's not like they are going to be attending any...I just don't get it. :confused3 Don't let them ruin the magic that they will NEVER experience. :wizard: Wow...just wow...

"but there's no fun in that. reading and not posting about a disney themed stoopid crappy wedding? that's no fun at all! party pooper!"
This is an actual quote from a poster on the Knot........I have absolutely nothing to say.......except that I bet her wedding will be klassy with a capital K....

Moonpie
02-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow! I can't believe people would make fun of our board! Don't they have anything better to do? :confused3
I've only shared my wedding info on this board, and on Martha Stewart Weddings. They are nice at Weddings, but this place is the absolute nicest, and most supportive board for any bride, whether you're a Disney bride or not.
:cutie:

kmab00
02-09-2007, 08:25 PM
:lmao: Wow some people really NEED to get a LIFE!!!!! :lmao:

That is BY FAR the FUNNIEST thing I've read in a LOOOONG time!!!!!

NeverlandClub23
02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I love the Dis Moderators and every wonderful person on here. :love: :hug: :hippie: :goodvibes

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Now that the case is closed, lets hope that it stays that way. I did receive a PM (as some of you know) from this person trying to stir up a little nonsense. Luckily that was all I needed to have to forward to a moderator. Thanks Hmgolden and lets just hope this all stands still.

i also think that its wonderful that we have such a great group of people here... who dont go back and add fuel to the fire, etc. I also agree with a precious poster-- no question is ever *not* worth asking. :listen:

I love you girls (and the few guys there are). :grouphug: This is why we all get along so well

SRUAlmn
02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Thank you moderators!!! It was awful to feel 'afraid' to post my feelings for fear the person on the other end was no longer going to be kind and helpful, but cold and demeaning.

BTW, what exactly is a 'cupcake dress???'

Moonpie
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
BTW, what exactly is a 'cupcake dress???'
I don't know...I think though that I might have a "cupcake" shaped dress? :confused3 ...maybe it means having a full skirt? But...really...what wedding dress doesn't have a full skirt? ...or rather, I should say that many wedding dresses have this type of shape....and for the record, I think the dresses that people post on this site are beautiful! :cutie:

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
i dont know either... i think its one with a skirt like mine... kinda goes out and then down instead of to the body and very sleek.

happylalagirl
02-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.... what a joke. Did that person actually write like that? And she's complaining about us? People need to get a hobby...

I'm glad the moderators took care of this... I'm off the boards for 1 day and this is what happens... boy, did I miss a lot... it's probably for the better though. Unlike some of you wonderfully polite and patient women, I would have ripped into those girls. Sorry, but that's just me. Glad it's over...

But what a great laugh!!! :rotfl:

Silverraindrop84
02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I think u shounta be judging us til u read our post on your site

We dang know what we're talkin here and u guys cud learn some stuf from us

Word out

Wow ROFL that is too funny!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Exp.626Stitch
02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I can't believe how petty and cruel people can be. I feel like I re- entered high school. They have the nerve to say we are immature??????????

They have pictures off of this website and are making fun of some of the brides.

On their planning and etiquette board they are discussing anything but planning and etiquette. It is quite disgusting actually. I feel sorry for anyone who is actually looking for help and accidentally posts on the board and expects intelligent answers.

Thank God for the Dis.:grouphug:

NightnDay
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I just joined these boards, but I have to say...after seeing that thread over at theknot.com, I will NOT being going over there. It was so disappointing to see grown women (not high school girls, which would be understandable and maybe even forgiven) acting out against other women for absolutely NO reason. It's just simply incredibly rude, and at least the women (and men!) over here at the DIS Disney Weddings Boards aren't disrespectful to others for no reason. I also go to thenest.com a lot for information, and I've found that absolutely no one over there is helpful because they're too busy being catty and demeaning. Cheers, all! Hope I never run into one of these women in person anywhere.

(We're too busy having fun planning our weddings to bash on others)

Gina Loves Disney
02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I didn't read the entire thread but a glimpse was enough.

I am a new member here and I really appreciate how amazingly friendly and helpful you all have been, don't let them get to you, they're just sad sad people. I'd love to see how they're weddings are, because Disney Weddings are actually some of the classiest affairs out there. So let them mock us (I know I am new but I think you're all awesome) they're sad.

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 09:51 PM
I just joined these boards, but I have to say...after seeing that thread over at theknot.com, I will NOT being going over there. It was so disappointing to see grown women (not high school girls, which would be understandable and maybe even forgiven) acting out against other women for absolutely NO reason. It's just simply incredibly rude, and at least the women (and men!) over here at the DIS Disney Weddings Boards aren't disrespectful to others for no reason. I also go to thenest.com a lot for information, and I've found that absolutely no one over there is helpful because they're too busy being catty and demeaning. Cheers, all! Hope I never run into one of these women in person anywhere.

(We're too busy having fun planning our weddings to bash on others)

That behavior wouldnt even be acceptable out of any responsible person. I'm 17 and I would never act like that. What a shame people have to try to make others miserable. Thank God for the niceness here. Even when we don't agree on something.

JonetteA
02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone! I want to thank Helen for taking care of our issue earlier today! I want for all of the newbies to know that we are a very supportive community. Attacks and well for lack of a better term stupidity as displayed earlier are not tolerated here. Our type of wedding may not be for everyone but it is for us! You are going to find girls on this board who have and are going through the same thing that you are. We are not only for on-site Disney weddings but have many girls who are planning a Disney themed wedding at home. I hope that you enjoy our community and stay awhile.

I would like to thank you all for staying above the fray. Since the individual in question has been escorted out...Thanks Kathy!....I went ahead and deleted her post in this thread and where you guys quoted her. She really isn't worth our time. Now back to planning your happiest celebration!

Jonette

Gina Loves Disney
02-09-2007, 10:09 PM
awwww I'm sad, they made fun of my post in the engagement ring thread..... they said I had "fake" nails, but they are real, I swear... and the "patriotic nail art" they commented on... it was the 4th of JULY! lol it was cute :(

princessdisneybelle
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
awwww I'm sad, they made fun of my post in the engagement ring thread..... they said I had "fake" nails, but they are real, I swear... and the "patriotic nail art" they commented on... it was the 4th of JULY! lol it was cute :(

Don't even worry about it!

heatherlynn444
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
it makes me so angry....I was on the knot A LOT planning my wedding. the post hurt my feelings and i didnt even have a disney wedding! i had t say something...I am just confrontational like that. although I was not rude or mean about it I think i did well. i wasn't too mean...more of a scolding. i couldnt help myself!

buf68
02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
it makes me so angry....I was on the knot A LOT planning my wedding. the post hurt my feelings and i didnt even have a disney wedding!

I feel the same way heatherlynn....I haven't posted much on this board at all, but when I have I have had no issues with ANYONE. I had a disneymoon and am hoping one day to do a VR there...I guess some people are just too dead inside to feel the feeling of walking down mainstreet the first time in a long time and seeing that castle....or the feeling of pulling up and seeing Spaceship earth....it makes me feel like i don't have ANY other cares in the world and I would give anything to have that in my everyday life! Those girls don't understand what we do, they don't understand that disney isn't just a commercial entity, it is TRUELY magical....:pixiedust:

DisneyFairy19
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
OMG I am a knottie bride and told them I was getting married in Disney.. I posted a thread about 8 girls said WOW I love Disney.. You are so lucky... I cant believe how immature and rude they are.. I am never posting anything more on the knot..

allisonswonderland
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
geez - I missed all of the excitement! I was reading thru their post and got a sick feeling about sharing my trip report....I thought here I am sharing all of the details of my wonderful day and people like THAT could be reading it just to rip on me - and what bugged me was the way (like many said) they were making fun of dresses - that was just wrong. It is really too bad- I hope all of the rest of you are ok from the nasty posts! Take care -

DisneyFairy19
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Heatherlynn I saw what you wrote... good going

Gina Loves Disney
02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I say screw them! There's a reason they are posting in the "not engaged yet" forum... who'd want them.... they're just jealous!

englishrose
02-10-2007, 04:08 AM
An English dictionary defines the word jealousy: Suspicious fear or watchfulness, esp the fear of being supplanted by a rival. :rotfl2:
I think they have been watching to much big brother

dee slack
02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
I have to say I love it here - the people are just so nice and helpful. I've heard a few things about 'that other site' that weren't very nice so never even looked at it as I've always found everything I needed right here.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if it is cruel or disrespectful to any other person, then that opinion should remain a thought and not spoken or written.

Summer-Caitlin
02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
OMG, I can't believe I missed all this, I leave the DIS boards for a night and all hell breaks loose. I joined The Knot last year but have never posted due to seeing some catty comments from members. I have only read a few of their comments but I felt sick to my stomach when I saw them display actual comments from these boards, how totally childish!
I love these boards and I have been helped so much by posts on here, I have managed to plan my DFTW and Disneymoon thanks to threads/suggestions on this board. Without this place I wouldn't have hired Randy Chapman or STVS, without this place I wouldn't be having a DFTW:(
You girls (and some guys) have been so helpful and welcoming and I am glad to be a part of this board. I love everyone on here and I count all of you as my friends. I mean we are sharing one of the biggest day in our lives with eachother, I honestly feel like I can tell you guys anything and I would be supported.:grouphug:
It makes me sad to think there are girls/women out there making fun of our plans, it really feels like being in high school again.
I hope that these idiots have not offended anyone too much with their behaviour.

heatherlynn444
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
i actually just emailed a complaint to the nest about all this. its one thing to expect it from immature girls from the knot...but the nest is married women! WOMEN, with pics of their children in their siggys! i feel so sorr for those kids1 they will def. need therapy when they grow up, and will prob. never get to go to disney world. :guilty: i basically said I was shocked that this behavior has been allowed to go on, and that i was excited about joining the nest after my wedding but now they wont be seeing much of me anymore. those boards ar enot very "helpful" it is lonely and pathetic girls so bored and miserable with ther lives and the only thing tha makes them feel better is making fun of others. how sad.

Maggimus
02-10-2007, 09:34 AM
i actually just emailed a complaint to the nest about all this. its one thing to expect it from immature girls from the knot...but the nest is married women! WOMEN, with pics of their children in their siggys! i feel so sorr for those kids1 they will def. need therapy when they grow up, and will prob. never get to go to disney world. :guilty: i basically said I was shocked that this behavior has been allowed to go on, and that i was excited about joining the nest after my wedding but now they wont be seeing much of me anymore. those boards ar enot very "helpful" it is lonely and pathetic girls so bored and miserable with ther lives and the only thing tha makes them feel better is making fun of others. how sad.

I emailed the knot yesterday with a very upset tone and demanded someone contact me back... i guess we will see.:confused3

JackieSparrow
02-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow, I'm just reading all of this now. It is just so ridiculous. I wouldn't have even thought that people exist out there that will just mock what other people envision as their dream weddings. To each his/her own... everyone has different views on everything from interests to tastes in clothing to whether one likes vanilla or chocolate cake to religious beliefs and also to what type of wedding they prefer! A certain view may not be for everyone, but that shouldn't mean you go and mock it.

I guess there's definitely an advantage to those "other" disney planning boards people sometimes refer to on her, to give people privacy in their planning. And I can see why they're really strict about letting people in.

JJClemson
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I emailed the knot yesterday with a very upset tone and demanded someone contact me back... i guess we will see.:confused3

Heather and Maggie, I really hope you two get a response. It is shocking and upsetting that they allow that behavior on their boards :sad2:

Tink11302
02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I just went and veiwed this mess, and I must say that I didn't think grown women could be anymore like children in elementary school. What is the big deal? We are all planning the wedding of our dreams, and some people have the dream to be married in Disney. It has always been my dream. How is it that I cannot picture my own wedding in disney without some else destroying that dream verbally. Did anyone ever tell them that they couldn't get married where ever they wanted to. Every single person that I have explained my wedding to thinks it's awesome. Some women need to grow up. Well, I guess they'll all get what they deserve some where down the line. "I guess I believe in you get what you give".
Another thing, it is beyond rediculous that they are actually quoting people from this site. It is sick, and completely stupid. If I read one more nasty "girl" write "Oh now I have something to do on my day off", I fear that I will not so politely tell them off. Not to mention, how many of them have such immature and stupid signatures.
To everyone that posted their engagement rings, they are all GORGEOUS! I posted mine, and maybe it doesn't live up to their standards, but who cares, I love it, my DF loves it, my family loves it, my friends love it, what more do I need?
We should all just stand up and be proud to be having our wedings at disney. ALL of our weddings will be what WE want and they all will be BEAUTIFUL.
I have never met a nicer group of girls. I thank you ALL for being wonderful and supportive. I didn't think that there would be a message board out there that allowed that kind of talk, I didn't know that there was a message board that allowed the bashing of other peoples dreams.
Cheer up girls! :goodvibes

ChocolateMouse
02-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I usually steer clear of unconstructive conversation like these ones. My time is too valuable to sling mud on the Internet. Jealousy, ignorance or other reasons, just be glad you aren't married to people like that in your real lives.

Being Canadian, let's just say people on the other boards are typical of the pre-conceived stereotypes we have of Americans (who dominate the forums), but this board is a pleasant surprise of the better side that America has to offer the world. I've received valuable advice and information here that will make my wedding better than I could've done myself.

AshleyLynn
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh my goodness! I've been away for a few days and came back to this mess. Those girls are so pathetic! You KNOW they must be jealous, otherwise why would they spend so much time looking on these boards? They wouldn't have even found this board if they weren't interested in a Disney wedding or honeymoon! I mean I had no idea this board existed until I came across this board looking for Disney honeymoon tips. I am new and have not gotten to know many people, but I am very happy with the classy way everyone has handled this situation. I am proud to be a member of such a supportive group!

MagicKingdom05
02-10-2007, 10:55 AM
To everyone that posted their engagement rings, they are all GORGEOUS! I posted mine, and maybe it doesn't live up to their standards, but who cares, I love it, my DF loves it, my family loves it, my friends love it, what more do I need?

They actually came on here in October when I posted pictures of the engagement ring and wedding band I got for my girlfriend/now fiancee on the general boad section and completely trashed them. They basically said that they were trash and that they wouldn't be surprised if she throw the engagement ring back in my face and laughed.

Like you said she is happy with it, her friends that have seen it love it and so has both sides of the families.

sunsh1ne
02-10-2007, 11:26 AM
i think they are just jelouse and are at a lack of information and do not have an open mind. it is so sad to me that this type of stuff must go on even when planning what is suppose to be the happiest day of our lives and i stress ours. A wedding is what we want it to be and no one should be made fun of for doing that.

MagicKingdom05
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
i think they are just jelouse and are at a lack of information and do not have an open mind. it is so sad to me that this type of stuff must go on even when planning what is suppose to be the happiest day of our lives and i stress ours. A wedding is what we want it to be and no one should be made fun of for doing that.

Exactly. Your always going to have someone who tries to rain on your parade because it makes them feel better. People like that hate when someone else is happy and is getting what they want.

yearbook50
02-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I go to my sorority retreat and come back to this. People are just sad and need to get some lives. I love how nice and open this board is. I've never gone over to the Knot but definitely will not go there now.

CrazyChik
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
excuse me posting on this forum but i just have to say how childish those 'ladies' are. The way they type is like a teenager on IM and seriously they insult disney weddings but then they are planning on having one themselves:confused3 :confused3
jealous brats i say

RangerPooh
02-10-2007, 12:10 PM
While the comments that were posted were rude and disrespectful, it isn't surprising to be coming from theknot. Back in 2003 when I was planning my wedding I went to the site a bunch (didn't know this site existed) and noticed back then that certain boards had nothing but catty comments. From what I've heard and now seen nothing has changed but has only gotten worse. I just like to think that they are jealous, but to each their own. We each have a different vision of what our dream wedding would be and no one should be criticing someone elses wedding. These are probably the same girls who would critisize a wedding that they considred to be "low budget".

holidaybride
02-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I was away from the boards for a couple of days and I cannot believe the things that they were saying! I went to the knot when I was planning my wedding and I can say that all it took was one glance at the boards and I found really catty comments, I am really surprised that they would let their boards get this nasty! Anyway, I will say this that the people that wrote that post this week seem to be very young...just read there "quotes", not many adults would put such nasty vulgar things by their name! I am so glad that I found this board and I say we just consider the source in this case and just ignore them, they are not worth anyone's time!

Sparkles9306
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow, that is low. We're not criticizing their weddings. To each his own. Oh well, we're all happy here, and are very comfortable with wanting the fairytale weddings that we dreamed about!

TheSawas
02-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I noticed many of you were in the same boat I was . . . away for a day or two and that silly-ness happens. Ah, well. Happy planning to all the brides.

Group hug! :grouphug:

Jenny

sarah_n_brian2006
02-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey, let them ahve their weddings with cheap catereing and boring landscape. Unless they're getting married at BUckingham Palace, htey've got nothing on us. Our guests will appreciate our s more and we'll have our dream come true!!

AuroraBorealis
02-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Ladies,

I mostly lurk on this board but wanted to come out to say something.

I utilized the the Knot while wedding planning two years ago. (That relationship didn't work out and I'm actually really thankful it didn't! Anyway, not the point...) While there were a few sincere, nice gals, most of the Knotties were such dramatic Mean Girls that I eventually gave up on the message boards. I think most of them were not actually engaged and I'm willing to bet many were underage and bored, trying to stir things up for their own entertainment.

I stumbled onto this board when I was planning a WDW trip and I stuck around. I enjoy reading the TR's and planning journals and looking at the gorgeous photos and I'm considering a FTW of my own...someday... ;)

I just want to say that the difference between this board and the Knot is striking. Everyone here is so sincere, enthusiastic, and truly happy for each other. Honestly, I was a little shocked that everyone is so friendly! In a group of women, I think this is rare and I have to commend you ladies for displaying such admirable traits!

Just ignore the mean girls. Their comments most likely stem from their own insecurity, anger, and hurt. If anything, you should pity them for their need to put others down to lift themselves up.

So, happy planning DIS-brides-and-grooms-to-be, and congratulations newlyweds!

prprincess
02-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm new here, so I just saw this post and checked out the link to The Knot thread. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I joined that site a long time ago, and never really participated because people there were so mean and nasty.

But hey, whatever. Let them all stay on those boards, whine and gossip, and have their boring little cookie-cutter weddings!!

phisigprincess
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok, here's how the NE(Y) board works. 99% of the people on there are married or engaged. Basically no one is "not engaged yet" and if they are, they're probably the ones being made fun of. They pick a new target and cut and paste all kinds of stuff to make fun of. The more you play into it, the more they go after you. There were issues with them on my local board for a long time. The absolute best thing you can do is to completely ignore them. I'm sorry to see that spilling over to the DIS. :( At least the mods took control. :) Back to your regularly scheduled planning!

afinter1
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow. I come back from getting married to find this lovely thread. I took a look at what the Knot girls had to say and all I could think was "don't they have anything better to do?" I feel sorry for those girls who get pure entertainment out of mocking one of the best wedding boards I've ever found.

And now I'll proudly hold my DIS sign for them all to see.
:disrocks:

SRUAlmn
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow. I come back from getting married to find this lovely thread. I took a look at what the Knot girls had to say and all I could think was "don't they have anything better to do?" I feel sorry for those girls who get pure entertainment out of mocking one of the best wedding boards I've ever found.

And now I'll proudly hold my DIS sign for them all to see.
:disrocks:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: I hope you had a wonderful time :)

Tinkerbelle14
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
How did I miss this post?!?! I've been on the board a lot lately and just didn't notice it. I just want to thank everyone out there b/c I couldn't have had the perfect wedding without this board. I wouldn't have known about the Illuminations cruise or anything else that made our day special. Thank you for being a great group and so supportive of everyone, no matter what they want to include in their special day!

Tinkerbelle14
02-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok, I finally got on to that board and they made fun of my idea to have hidden Mickeys engraved inside our wedding bands! We loved this idea, but the jeweller said it wasn't possible in my thin band, so DH didn't want it if I didn't get it.
Wow, I'm really glad this board exists and I didn't try to turn to that board when I was planning my wedding.