PDA

View Full Version : please tell me I'm not crazy!!

Glorydaz
02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
short & sweet: I'm 50, getting married on Halloween ( not my first time) and having a wedding luncheon 3 days later......told everyone I wasn't getting a wedding gown, found ( and bought) a beautiful sage green gown ..had planned on wearing it for both days....

NOW I found this gorgeous wedding gown on ebay - not alot - perfect size - and I think it would be great to surprise everyone and come out in this gown!..it's white, beaded top, simple yet flattering...

so am I crazy?? I have until tomorrow afternoon to put in a bid...what should I do??!!

Michelle:cloud9:

princessdisneybelle
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Not at all. If thats what you want. Go for it!

jasnal
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I say go for it!

DisneyFairy19
02-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I say to go for it... If you feel that is the dress I say bid on it...:surfweb:

janine
02-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Go Girl!!!!!

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
i WOULD go for the wedding gown....live it up !!!

Its fun to dress & act like a princess for a day

Dont let anyone tell you its inappropriate....cause the need to go back 100yrs....anything goes nowa days & I say if you want to do it....do it....its your day..

Awesome that your having your wedding on halloween.......I love halloween & my bday is a couple days earlier

:hippie:

Glorydaz
02-08-2007, 10:16 AM
lol.....wanted to send a HUGE thanks to all my Dis friends!!! you all understand how unsettling some of these decisions can be! so yes, I've put in my bid and now I'll wait and see what happens....

I'll try and post a photo if I can!

Michelle:cloud9:

Glorydaz
02-09-2007, 10:53 AM
just a quick update - I won the bid!! $100 and I think it's beautiful...also comes with beaded short sleeves which i will have the seamtress add when I get the gown altered....here's a couple of photos....

have a GREAT day!
Michelle :cloud9:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/glorydaz/weddinggown.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/glorydaz/weddinggown2.jpg

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I LOVE your dress & what a great price

I think you made the perfect decission

Beautiful
:rotfl:

cryssi
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
congrats! love the dress! :thumbsup2

CinderellaBride12
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Congrats!! It's a BEAUTIFUL dress!!

Maggimus
02-09-2007, 02:11 PM
stunning dress- im so glad you got it!!:hug:

lpizzuro123
02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
That would be something I would definately go for. Can I ask what designer it is or how you found it on ebay. I am in my late 40 and planning a DFTW sometime next year. I want something not too young looking but also do not want to look like the mother of the bride.

Maddiesmum03
02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.monsoon.co.uk/content/ebiz/monsoon/invt/95184641/95184641_m1.jpg
Glorydaz, love your dress, what a bargain. I love ebay too !
I will be 45 when I get married ( for the 2nd time ) at Disney next year. This is the dress I have chosen - and bought. I just need to slim down to fit into it as I got a size uk14 (us10). I'm currently a uk18 (us 14/16) and have no intention of being this size for my wedding photos
I totally agree with being a princess for the day. First time round was just a registary office wedding when I was 20. This time it's totally different. I'm enjoying all the planning and intend to go the whole hog. Having someone do my hair and make up. A spa day ( no facials - don't want a break out of spots LOL ) the day before for a massage, wrap/manicure/pedicure.
It may not be my first wedding, and I'd hardly be described as a blushing young bride, but this time its for keeps ! and I want it to be as special as possible.

lpizzuro123
02-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I need to do some searching on ebay.

Linda

Glorydaz
02-10-2007, 08:50 AM
thanks for all the positive remarks guys!! yes, I am absolutely thrilled with this gown......:lovestruc it's an Alfred Angelo and also comes with an 84" detacable train and the sleeves......so far, I have bought my invitations, my silk flowers, my wedding favors and now, my gown - all on ebay!! just make sure your purchases are insured and I never buy from a seller that has less than a 99.3 feedback rating.....in fact , here is a photo of my silk bouquet...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/glorydaz/myweddingbouquet.jpg

it's all coming together...now I just have to do shoes (dressy flats) and figure out my hair......yeah! thanks for letting me share!

MrsTink04
02-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I's beautiful!!!!

I like MaddiesMum's too!!!!

Maddiesmum03
02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I's beautiful!!!!

I like MaddiesMum's too!!!!

Thanks, MrsTink !
Glorydaz - those Lilies look REAL, I can't believe they're silk, theyre beautiful !

Glorydaz
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
That would be something I would definately go for. Can I ask what designer it is or how you found it on ebay. I am in my late 40 and planning a DFTW sometime next year. I want something not too young looking but also do not want to look like the mother of the bride.

lol...I know exactly what you mean!! in fact, I got very discouraged looking at all the bridal magazines because let's face it, I'm not in my 20's doing this for the first time! I wanted something simple that wasn't going to break the bank and yet reflect me. my hint to you, find some designers you like, go to the eBay buy page, pop in their names and see what happens! I did this search on a whim and this dress just seemed so me, know what I mean? anyway, I have been extremely satisfied with all my shopping experiences on eBay...

good luck!

princessblueeyzes
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I love your dress and your bouquet.It's all comming together for you very well.