PDA

View Full Version : New to this...need some reassurance

AshleyLynn
02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone! I came across this board today while I was researching info for my Disney honeymoon and after reading a few posts I knew I just HAD to join. Anyways, I am getting married on July 14 here in Chattanooga, TN and then we are off to Disney World for our honeymoon. Whenever I tell people that we are going to Disney for our honeymoon I keep getting weird looks and responses! I went to Disney World for the first time last summer and I just fell in love with it. I knew that ya'll would certainly understand how I feel about going to Disney for a honeymoon, so I started this thread in hopes that I would get some positive responses for once!

~Ashley

dmslush
02-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi! I'm from TN too! Don't worry about other people's responses.. some people just don't 'get' disney world. I have gotten some odd looks about getting married in disney, especially when people find out that we aren't inviting anyone to the wedding!

Go to disney, have fun and don't worry about the naysayers!

TheSawas
02-04-2007, 06:10 PM
You gave me a kind welcome and now I am extending one to you too. I joined yesterday afternoon and am overwhelmed with the kindness, helpfulness, and information on these boards. Good luck with your wedding and Disneymoon.

Jenny

AshleyLynn
02-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Thank you both so much! And I am overwhelmed too Jenny by all of the sweet people on here.

DisneyFairy19
02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I get the same thing. Some people look at my family and I that we go to Disney about 5 times a year and they look at us with such weird faces. They say 'Dont you get bored'.... How can you get bored of Disney.. Thankfully have the boards to talk about Disney...:goodvibes

PrincessBride07
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Another TN girl here. I am only an hour from you too. Anyways, when I told people that my df and I are getting married at Disney; they laughed. I have been told that we never grew up. I guess they maybe right, but growing up is overestimated ;) . I guess some people just don't get the Disney Magic.