PDA

View Full Version : Anabella or Hawthorn Suites-Hotel Help for April Trip to DL

MajorCarter
03-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this board and just thought I'd say "thank you" for all the great stories, tips, etc...what a help!

I'm trying to decide on a hotel for our trip in April, and can't seem to make up my mind. Has anyone stayed at the newly renovated Anabella Hotel? They're billing it as "lavish" but I can't find a single thing on the net from someone who's been there (reopened March, 2001). Their rate is 149.00 for a 2 bedroom family "bungalow" suite w/courtyard. This is tempting: I have a one year old son and it would be nice (not to mention *less stressful* to put him in his crib and close the door :^) AND my eight year old daughter would love having her own room. The Anabella is on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive. How far would a walk to Disneyland be?

I'm also considering Hawthorn Suites, which has a great price of 79.00 (including hot buffet breakfast)and a shuttle that runs as early as 6:30 a.m. Any comments on that one?

Thanks a alot

GracieB
03-12-2001, 01:21 PM
I stayed at Hawthorne Suites last January. I had been quoted a $99 rate over the phone as a AAA discount, but found a coupon book on my way to Disneyland offering a $49 rate! I then phoned and changed my ressie from Holiday Inn to Hawthorne Suites, and was quite happy with it.

It is set up similar to Embassy Suites or Quality Suites -- two rooms (one bathroom) -- there was a hot breakfast but oddly, there were no breakfast meats - just eggs (kind of powdery tasting), pancakes, muffins and bagels and cereal. But for the wonderful rate we got, I was thrilled! There were 2 adults in our group and 2 children.

Overall, I was quite happy with the hotel. The front desk personnel were friendly and we bought the "3 days for the price of 2 days" DL passes there, and the shuttle ran frequently as well. There was ample parking. There weren't really any close-by restaurants but I had a car, so that was not a problem.

Have a *Magical* time!

p.s. I too am interested in the other hotel you mentioned, but am waiting to see feedback as to how it truly is.

MajorCarter
03-12-2001, 07:11 PM
Thanks a lot, GracieB. I wish I had your coupon! :^)

I'm a breakfast person, so those powdery eggs really sound awful. I called Hawthorn Suites and asked about their buffet--apparently, they've now added sausage--but those eggs...I don't know.

Thanks again the info!

Greg K.
03-28-2001, 11:58 AM
You might want to investigate the Desert Inn & Suites, which (so I'm told) is right across the street from Disneyland. I've read some good reports about it on the web (specifically Mouseplanet.com).

Here's a link with hotel reviews:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/2_dl/dl_offsite.htm

<font color=blue>
<font face="Alaska">"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
<font color=maroon>
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00 </font>