PDA

View Full Version : Janet Mednick - On-site Beauty vendor review

mandy7581
02-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi girls, I didn't see a vendor review area on this site but wanted to give you a heads up on one of the vendors that DFTW recommends.

We used Janet Mednick of on-sitebeauty.com

She was on-time for the wedding and I thought she was good. She did hair and make-up for four girls and ended up doing it for my mother (charging half price which was nice). I thought my make up was too dark and the eyeliner she used smeared even though I told her that always happens with me and she said it would be fine.

The reason why I was so unhappy with her is that she made me misserable the night/morning of my magic kingdom photo shoot. When it was rescheduled on Wednesday for the following Sunday morning I called Janet and she said she could do it. She called on Saturday at about 3:30 p.m. to confirm.

THEN, she calls me at 5:30 p.m. leaving me a message that if she had looked at the weather she would have went out of town. How she was supposed to go out of town but stayed to do this and now it's raining and how I need to call her and tell her if it's still on.

I called her and explained to her what had happened and how this was our last chance to do this before June and *we* would not be cancelling it. We also reassured her many times that Disney had not cancelled.

THEN, she calls me at THREE THIRTY IN THE MORNING, one hour before I am supposed to be up telling me that she doesn't want to drive out in the rain for it to be cancelled and how I'll have to pay her either way so I tell her very firmly this time that no one else has any intention of cancelling.

She showed up ten minutes late (4:40 a.m.) and didn't finish my hair and make-up until 5:50 a.m. She left the room at six making us TEN MINUTES LATE to our MAGIC KINGDOM PHOTOS.

BTW, my Magic Kingdom photos were supposed to be two days after the wedding on Wednesday morning. They were cancelled three weeks before the wedding due a week long press event.

They were rescheduled for Monday night at 11:30, the night of the wedding.

At 10:00 p.m. someone called and said 'this isn't a good night for this.'

They tried to pretend it was the rain, but really they forgot that the pirates and princesses party was going on.

After many, many tears in the magic kingdom we got it rescheduled for that Sunday morning.

Rustyflwr3
02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Mandy ~ Im so sorry to hear about the drama surrounding your MK photo shoot! Your sig. picture looks fantastic though!! Cute couple! :)

Maggimus
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
What a fiasco!! I am so sorry!! I had a not so great review with Lisa Pena either (Who is just **Loved** here on the DISboards). I spoke of that entire situation in my TR.

However, you do look absolutely beautiful in your signature photograph!! I hope you will post a TR or at least some photos!! I would love to see them!! I hope next time (if there ever is a next time vow renewal)-- that things work out to your benefit, and a lot less stress. I couldnt imagine all of that going on. Good luck in the future with vendors everywhere-- and its a wonderful thing that you share this. The brides here on the board seem to be looking for hoensty (or atleast I was), and every negative review is something to look at. Thanks again!

-Maggie

georgiajaimie
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I used Janet & the whole thing seemed rushed from start to finish. My tiara, which she did nothing but moan about kept floating to one side, even though I pointed it out and it was supposedly fixed, my hair didn't really stay in as it should have and my daughters didn't get the make up I had asked for. I just came away putting it down as a bad experience.

woodstoforrest
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience, but I must say that we had the complete opposite experience with Janet.

She was on time, easy to work with, completely professional and made all of us look just beautiful. She listened to each of us and took our instruction as to whether we wanted a dramatic look or something natural and all of us, though each of us went with very different looks for both make-up and hairstyles, were incredibly happy with the job she did.

That said, people have bad days and it sounds like you, unfortunately, got one of those.

Again, I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible time but you look absolutely beautiful in your signature photo and I hope the rest of your wedding went smoothly!

Cheers,
Linda

mandy7581
02-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks girls :)

It definitely all worked out in the end and I was very happy with her the day of the wedding. Just not for the MK shoot. I'll definitely post all of my pictures :)