PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news - new types of Disney weddings?

ChocolateMouse
02-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I see a new category of weddings on Disney Wedding's web site, plus the Intimate name has changed:

Wishes Collection - 10 or more guests
Couture Collection - 10 or more guests
Escape Collection - 10 or less guests

Couture is the type of wedding by David Tutera.

The Escape says 10 or less guests, but all the Intimate limits appear to still apply (i.e. up to 20 guests at Wedding Pavillion, Sea Breeze Point and Yacht Club Gazebo). I haven't looked at all the new details yet. The WP location is now $3900. Wasn't it $4200 previously or am I just imagining the discounted the price?

I also noticed the event minimum for Saturday nights during the premium season is now $25,000.

ForKeeps
02-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm just confused by this. Seems to add more complications.

I can help with the WP price though for "escape" brides -- I paid $3900 for a 2007 intimate at the WP, so I think it's the same.

orangetiggs
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I was just going to post about this!!! It throws all my plans out the window now everything has changed!! We are planning for oct 08 so I wonder if it will all change again next feb??

orangetiggs
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
it says under the intimates that they get a 2 hour planning consultation on the phone, that was never mention before, This new weddings are so good

ChocolateMouse
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
it says under the intimates that they get a 2 hour planning consultation on the phone, that was never mention before, This new weddings are so good

Close, but not quite:
"Two half-hour telephone planning consultations with a Disney Wedding Coordinator prior to your wedding"

http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/int/cer/pack_elements.jsp

It also says Escape dates are available Monday through Friday. Intimate dates were also available Saturdays, which it still says that in my wish book. I'd hate them if I was just about to book a Saturday Intimate ceremony and they said no.

My wish book still shows Custom and Intimate. The Intimate WP price shows up as $3900. I could've sworn I saw $4200 earlier, but I've also looked at too many things lately to remember them all.

If someone had time, it'd be worth going through the new packages and redlining the changes. I'm interested in finding out whether current DFTW bookings will adopt any new changes or if we're grandfathered under the old packages. Disney's standard disclaimer is all prices and terms are subject to change without notice.

autumnbride2B
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I talked to my SM about this last night and the changes in minimums don't apply to people already in the system. They will only apply to new bookings.

Sparkles9306
02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Just from a quick glance it looks like the Escape includes everything that the intimates does. It now includes the phone planning.

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I so hope I can get my now "escape" wedding on a saturday...

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 01:01 PM
So I just called them after my freaking out...apparently they haven't notified the 321 number about the Saturday weddings...so it should still be able to happen...i wont know for sure until the coordinator calls me back.

disprincessatheart
02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm not too crazy about the Couture options from the descritions on the site. I can't imagine not being able to change anything about the wedding like they're describing it. I'm sure they'll be nice, but if all you get to do is pick one of 4, that's not very fairytale to me.

Maybe someone will get more info soon.

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not too crazy about the Couture options from the descritions on the site. I can't imagine not being able to change anything about the wedding like they're describing it. I'm sure they'll be nice, but if all you get to do is pick one of 4, that's not very fairytale to me.

Maybe someone will get more info soon.
I agree...I also how they dont have any pricing information about it out - or at least I cant find it.

lurkyloo
02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I scoured the DFTW site while the Boards were down just now (for me, anyway), and the only place a price is mentioned for the Couture weddings is a $10,000 DEPOSIT (cash/money order only).

This is hilarious to me, because a paragraph above they're going on about how Couture is a "budget-friendly" alternative to the standard Custom (now "Wishes") wedding! I know many girls on this board who've had entire Custom weddings for $10,000!

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh my goodness.. I am freaking out now... I am going to have to go on the website and recalculate my wedding now... Oh brother:sad1:

Raspberry Bubbles
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I too just had a panic and have scoured my wishbook checking everything. I agree, the couture doesn't sound much fun, although some of the decoration looked beautiful. I want to pick my own location and what it looks like, not have a cookie-cutter wedding :( And no, I couldn't find any pricing info either....

Maggimus
02-02-2007, 05:02 PM
The Couture Wedding, IMO, seems like its not budget friendly to anyone other than disney. They can reuse vases time and time again (especially because they only give you 4 choices)... who wants to pay just as much to not be able to change a darn thing-- yet pay the same and get a say so?

I think thats a little too "Hollywood" for Disney to do..

Raspberry Bubbles
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I agree. That's the reason we decided to book with Disney instead of a travel agent here - because we could chose the elements we wanted and put our "stamp" on it. That way I'm paying for exactly what I want, and not what they have worked out as cost efficient for them to roll out time and time again.

myprincessgirlisa
02-02-2007, 05:53 PM
looks like the vow renewals got hit with all this too

i just checked it out & it looks like it went from 2950 to 3900 & nothing changed except the phone calls(which I dont think adds up to $1000)...unless Im reading this wrong....

If its $4000 to do a vow renewal its gonna be hard to get my DH to agree to spend that much money....we pd $2500 back in 97 & it included room & tickets....This just made it a little more difficult to do ....bummer & I was really wanting to do this for his parents since they couldnt go the first time...maybe it wasnt meant to be:sad2:

RangerPooh
02-02-2007, 07:39 PM
What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not you can have an intimate wedding with 18 anymore without paying the custom price ($10k)? The scape is for 10 or fewer while the other two are for 10+ but include minimums to meet (at a custom price).

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 08:05 PM
What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not you can have an intimate wedding with 18 anymore without paying the custom price ($10k)? The scape is for 10 or fewer while the other two are for 10+ but include minimums to meet (at a custom price).

You can still get an escape with 18 people...you juts get a per person charge for those over 10.

allisonswonderland
02-02-2007, 08:18 PM
my wedding was at the WP in Nov and it was 2200 and that included the organist - so is this more like a package?

toyotaae86lg
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM
With the Escape Wedding 10 guests or less...does anyone know yet how much the charge will be for every person over 10....I'm having 18 guests including the fiance and I....first to comply with the "intimate wedding"

Gazebo
02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
The outdoor locations are still 2950, the Wedding Pavilion is $3900. I think it's just the way it's worded "Vow Renewals at Disney's Wedding Pavilion start at approximately $3,900* " that makes it confusing.

I think all the same rules apply - 18 guests and all. "For additional guests (up to 18 maximum) additional elements are at an additional cost. Some ceremony locations have a maximum occupancy of 10 guests total" Probably the additional cost will be for extra champagne.

ExCPKate
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
did anyone watch the David Tutera couture video on the website? It gave me chills...and not in a good way! I found it totally weird and un-disneylike. Watching the video did not make me want to run for my wallet!:rotfl2:

I'll take my custom that I'm planning on the cheap any day!!:banana:

Maggimus
02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
did anyone watch the David Tutera couture video on the website? It gave me chills...and not in a good way! I found it totally weird and un-disneylike. Watching the video did not make me want to run for my wallet!:rotfl2:

I'll take my custom that I'm planning on the cheap any day!!:banana:

Thats exactly what I posted about yesterday. Those couture weddings seem to scream at me "this is not a disney-fairy-tale like wedding, we are moving to a more hollywood approach"... and I dont think this is going to save anyone other than WDW money! They can reuse everything-- and who in the world wants to pick out a certain layout for their wedding, what kind of option is that? What if you dont like the flowers? the chair covers? The colors? :confused3 Too bad. The word "couture" just doesnt make me think Disney... it makes me think the opposite.

I doubt this will be a hit-- and who is that guy anyway? Ive never seen him in any disney anything-- and they choose him, why? C'mon..

afinter1
02-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Yikes! It makes me so happy that I was locked in when I was. I'd hate to wade through all of these new details.

I'm interesting in knowing how things will differ with this new line of packages. Hmmm . . . ;)

pooh98378
02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
After watching the video:

My response: gag me.
DF's response: he's scary!

The settings looked nice, but this is not Disney.

TheSawas
02-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Just who did that guy think he was? Nice designs and all but . . . they're his not the bride's. That takes some of the fun out of it but hey . . . every bride is different. Just because it's not for me doesn't mean it's not for someone else out there.

I did find the video entertaining when he was "posing" at the MK.:banana:

I just started planning my March 2008 wedding and now they have to go and change everything. Oh well, I don't mind "studying DFTW." :teacher:

Jenny

sunsh1ne
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
my wedding is oct 21st of 2007 am in the new plans or the old custome ways??? i am so nervouse about all the new prices and formats i really wanted to be able to choose my flowers and bows ;and not fit some one elses vision i had my own?? so sad :(

Jumpin'Jellyfish
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I talked to my SM about this last night and the changes in minimums don't apply to people already in the system. They will only apply to new bookings.

People already in the system as in those waiting for their contract to come in the mail or people or have already signed it!?

Gazebo
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Custom weddings and Intimate weddings still exist the way they always have (they just have different names now - Wishes and Escape), it's just that they've added a whole new category called "Couture" which consists of 4 complete designs for reception decoration which can't be changed and the receptions have to take place at the Contemporary.

But if you want to make your own decorating decisions then you just choose to have a "Wishes" wedding rather than "Couture."

Or, there's always the Escape (Intimate) option, which still allows you to have up to 18 guests (unless you pick one of the ceremony locations that only allows 10 people.)

pixie08
02-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Thats exactly what I posted about yesterday. Those couture weddings seem to scream at me "this is not a disney-fairy-tale like wedding, we are moving to a more hollywood approach"... and I dont think this is going to save anyone other than WDW money! They can reuse everything-- and who in the world wants to pick out a certain layout for their wedding, what kind of option is that? What if you dont like the flowers? the chair covers? The colors? :confused3 Too bad. The word "couture" just doesnt make me think Disney... it makes me think the opposite.

I doubt this will be a hit-- and who is that guy anyway? Ive never seen him in any disney anything-- and they choose him, why? C'mon..

:rotfl: Your absolutely right! it is so un-disney like. This guy is a big time decorator/party planner. It seems to me like disney's answer to sandals union with preston bailey for those of you who are familiar with this.

I am an interior designer and while tutera's designs are nice and trendy there is nothing "unique" "custom" or "fairytale" about it. the main reasons IMO people book a Disney wedding?I love the fact that with Disney 30 girls can have a wedding there and every single one will be different. Well I guess we will have to see how this catches on!

autumnbride2B
02-04-2007, 08:37 AM
People already in the system as in those waiting for their contract to come in the mail or people or have already signed it!?

We don't have our contract yet. Our SM said since we are penciled in the changes won't apply to us. I take that to mean that if you have a wishbook and are peciled in you don't have to start over. For people who have been planning on their own, but haven't yet spoken to DFTW, I think it means they will be dealing with the new system. As always, I think the best source of information is to talk to your SM or coordinator.

LeesyUD
02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh my God! I am so mad! I wanted a sunday wedding which had a minimum of $15,000 now its $20,000! That's ridiculous!