PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Not Getting My First Choice Calling Twelve Months out?


yearbook50
02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm just trying to figure out if I need a back up plan.

I realized that it is 'pencilled' in at the time and wont be finalized until 8 months out but still...

pixie08
02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Well no your ceremony and reception time will be set at 12 months for a custom - hope that makes you feel better:goodvibes

If you are taling about a custom the contract signing for convention center brides is at 8 mos. For in park it is at the 12 month mark.

If you are speaking about an intimate I am sure someone here can help. My best suggestion is try to be flexible with time so say you reall want it 6/30 be flexible maybe 12, 2 or 5 is ok. If you like AM weddings then maybe there are 2 different dates that interest you? Hope this helped a bit.

disprincessatheart
02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Being the saturday leading up to a holdiay weekend in June, there's a decent chance you may not get your first choice. You can call before the 12 month mark and be put on the list for that day and talk to a planner. I'd say around April you can call and they'll let you start talking to someone and they can let you know if they have other brides requesting the same as you.

I called in February for an April wedding the following year and had no trouble talking to someone right away. They penciled me in at 14 months, and at 12 months they confirmed that I got what I wanted ( no competition) and we were able to sign our contract since we're doing an EPCOT reception.

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Being the saturday leading up to a holdiay weekend in June, there's a decent chance you may not get your first choice. You can call before the 12 month mark and be put on the list for that day and talk to a planner. I'd say around April you can call and they'll let you start talking to someone and they can let you know if they have other brides requesting the same as you.

I called in February for an April wedding the following year and had no trouble talking to someone right away. They penciled me in at 14 months, and at 12 months they confirmed that I got what I wanted ( no competition) and we were able to sign our contract since we're doing an EPCOT reception.

Oh..I want a 2/9 wedding. Everytime I've tried calling before 12 months (I tried in June 2006, and recently again in January of this year) I've been told exactly twelve months.

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I am going through the same thing. We want Nov. and DFTW told us that we not even get the date we want we have to be flexible in our dates.. Its very frustrating being that we are going to spend all this money and may not even get the day we originally want..

Good Luck to you

Sparkles9306
02-02-2007, 12:28 PM
We're getting married in October which is a very busy time. I called first thing in the morning at the 12 month mark. I got the day I wanted, just not the time. I would suggest calling first thing and just be flexable with times.

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
We're getting married in October which is a very busy time. I called first thing in the morning at the 12 month mark. I got the day I wanted, just not the time. I would suggest calling first thing and just be flexable with times.

They open at 8am right?

PrincessBride07
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I believe their hours are 9-5(EST).

Sparkles9306
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I also believe it's 9am. I tried right at 9 and 915, but I couldn't get a hold of the woman I was dealing with.

Raspberry Bubbles
02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Golly - it really is a "first off the mark" thing. So do we call the exact day of that month that we want the wedding, or the beginning of the month that we want the wedding in? I called and they said twelve months, so I am counting those days!

yearbook50
02-02-2007, 04:41 PM
You have to wait til exactly 12 months out - with all the changes done today with the weddings, I called them and I'm still not allowed to have it 'booked booked' but the coordinator is calling me back to ensure everything.

Raspberry Bubbles
02-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh my - how nerve wracking! That must make it even harder to secure the date you'd like...

dee slack
02-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Y'know I really don't see why they have to make you wait until so close before they will confirm what you've got. I can't think of anywhere else that doesn't accept bookings on a 'first come, first served' basis, as long as you pay a fair deposit. I have wanted my day and time for 7 months already and still have to wait another 3 months before I know if I got it. Even tho' I asked 18 months ahead, I have no more chance of getting it than someone who decides 8 months and 1 day before that date! I hate the 'not knowing' feeling, and to me 8 months isn't a lot of time to have everything fully planned, especially for couples with large guest lists or out of the US. Rant over!

pixie08
02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah i don't know...I would ask to be assigned a coordinator. We have a wonderful one who we were communicating with for a few months before the wedding. They can and will pencil you in (which means if other couples want your date and time there is still a lottery which we did have to go through- but luckily won)for your time and date maybe it helped because we had a site visit?

I know disney likes to change their minds but have they changed this within less than a years time?

Like I said we got very little accomplished with the receptionist- she refused to do anything so we called like 4 times and asked to be assigned a coordinator! If the coordinator calls you soon you can get things rolling:wizard: