PDA

View Full Version : doing a boat cruise for rehearsal dinner

sarah_n_brian2006
02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
has anyone had a party on one of these boats Breathless or Grand 1? What was your experience? Would you recommend it?

Janet2k
02-01-2007, 03:56 PM
has anyone had a party on one of these boats Breathless or Grand 1? What was your experience? Would you recommend it?

I attended a Grand 1 fireworks/dessert cruise last summer as a guest. It was a lot of fun. I don't have many photos shared of that cruise, but I do have some: click here (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/janettwokay/album/576460762326646489).

All of Disney's watercraft have size limitations. For our Grand 1 cruise last summer, the guest list was capped at 10 people because we were having food & beverages served aboard. Sometimes more folks are allowed on the boat, but it is entirely up to Disney and you have to abide by their rules.

I have also been on a couple of fireworks cruises in other areas of WDW. My family has watched both the Disney-MGM Studios' Fantasmic fireworks and Epcot's Illuminations fireworks from watercraft. When you book those boats, Disney will let you know what their capacity is.

Click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecSpecialtyCruisesDetailPa ge) for the official WDW "specialty cruises" webpage. I think a specialty cruise is a wonderful idea. My family has always enjoyed them.

LIGrumpyGirl
02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
They are great but very difficult to book.

Janet2k
02-02-2007, 07:44 PM
They are great but very difficult to book.

LIGrumpyGirl, excellent point regarding the pontoon boats for Illuminations.

Sarah_n_brian2006, how large is your guest list?

Skylarr29
02-02-2007, 10:14 PM
The breathless can only hold 7 people and even 7 adults is REALLY pushing it. Pontoon might work better.

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
My sister and I did the specialty cruise for my parents on their anniversary. and it was so beautiful they enjoyed it very much. It was about 8 of us..