PDA

View Full Version : Reception ideas?

alauniira
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
I was wondering if you all can give me some good ideas for receptions places. I am having an offsite wedding with around 25 guests (I couldn't afford a custom). We are having a full reception at home, but I want to treat my guests to dinner after the ceremony. Our ceremony is at 1:00. Any ideas would be great!

ahutton
02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
If you want to wear your wedding dress it limits your choices to places outside the parks. I've heard great things about Portobello Yacht Club at DTD, or what about Planet Hollywood for something different? Maybe one of the places at Swan or Dolphin? And that doesn't even touch on the Disney Resort Restaurants!

alauniira
02-01-2007, 08:53 AM
I know, there are so many, and this is my first trip to disney, so I am a little overwhelmed. I have to keep in mind that there will be around 6 kids ages 1-10 in our group.

jasnal
02-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Well if you want characters there is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort or 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian. A fun atmosphere-Ohana's at the Polynesian. If you wanted something a little more upscale there is Jiko's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or California Grill at the Contemporary.

Raspberry Bubbles
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I know, there are so many, and this is my first trip to disney, so I am a little overwhelmed. I have to keep in mind that there will be around 6 kids ages 1-10 in our group.

I too will have about 10 children in my party - some people have recommended the Grand Floridian Summer House for a location for a party, as you're on the beach. It looks really wonderful and the children will love it! :)

janine
02-02-2007, 06:01 AM
How about Ohana's at the Poly?
They do hoola hoop games for the kids while you eat bbq cooked food.
We went there the night before our wedding, which was also my Birthday.
You could wear your dress and the kids would be entertained.
I also hear 1900 park Fayre is great, with the princesses being there etc.