PDA

View Full Version : We find out today if we get our date!

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm going crazy waiting for the call to find out if we get our Jan 29/08 date for the WP! Any other DISers looking at this date?

shaylih
01-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Good luck! I was in that position last week and know how stressful it is. I had trouble sleeping when I found out 3 other people wanted my location. Luckily we won the lottery and got it. I hope things work out for you too. What locations are you looking at? If you're super stressed you can call Bree and she'll have Diane call you as soon as the decision is made.

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
WP for 2:30 and GF for reception (but we'll have to wait & see to confirm). So, is the next step the letter of agreement, or do we wait to confirm GF first?

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:10 PM
BTW, a huge congrats on winning the lottery!

shaylih
01-31-2007, 12:18 PM
We haven't recieved our contract yet. We recevied information for our room block yesterday and we need to send it back to her, along w/ contract info before we get the actual contract.

I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the week, but my mom is being really wishy washy w/ the room block, being all - "ohh I think they'll just stay two days.... maybe they'll all stay at the value, no maybe the deluxe - I don't think anyone will come from our side" whereas my DF's family is all on top of things like "The Smith's will stay at Boardwalk for 5 nights"

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:29 PM
We were in a panic about the room block when we first talked to Diane too--so much so, that we have decided to send out our invitations really soon to get an idea on who will be attending, and for how long (170 guests on our list). Also found out that we can't do the DDP and the room block, so will be recommending that our guests book MYW packages instead. Many of us can take advantage of CAA/AAA discounts anyway.

Which venues have you chosen, and how many guests are you anticipating?

shaylih
01-31-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm hoping under 75. We're having 2:30 WP and then ADH. The AAA/CAA really helps at the values, but the room only discounts for deluxes and moderates w/ the wedding package can't be beat. My wedding is the week before yours and I'll be staying longer, so maybe we could hit the spas together.

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I really want to stay at the CR for our 10 day trip (love how it has been renovated). Would love to hit the spas w/you :)

Really bummed about the DDP. Are you telling your guests that DDP option is out when booking through the room block, and which resorts are you considering?

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm so excited to have found a Diser who's wedding is close to mine. Can't wait to hear some of your fantastic ideas.

shaylih
01-31-2007, 12:53 PM
We're picking BoardWalk, Contemporary, POR, and All Star Music. We're not really mentioning about the dining plan. since most of our guests aren't disney fanatics and wouldn't know what they were missing out so we don't want them to be bummed. I think my DF and I might stay at AKL, since it's such a good deal w/ the wedding rate. And we'll have the DDE card from the annual pass so the dining won't be that much of a problem for us.

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
You are definately starting to sway me away from DDP. Good thing I still have time to think about it ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Congrats and best of luck with the wedding! It will be just great! We are planning our wedding 2008 as well! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, so I called Diane. She's out of the office today, so I spoke with her assistant who could not confirm anything. She will talk to Diane in the morning and have her give me a shout either way. Ahhhh--the suspense is killing me.:eek:

balatonbabe
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Congrats and best of luck with the wedding! It will be just great! We are planning our wedding 2008 as well! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
Congrats to you as well! Will you be having a custom or intimate wedding? Are the majority of your guests from Canada? Nice to see you on the board. Can't wait to read about your plans also.

Rustyflwr3
01-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Congratulations!! Im so excited to read about your plans :) :goodvibes :goodvibes

mushumadness
02-01-2007, 01:17 AM
we got our confirmation friday that we have got the wp for jan 28th 08 and received our letter of agreement that day too, (which we have sent back and has been received) at 2.30pm is the wedding, reception at epcot

good look with getting the 29th,

balatonbabe
02-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Congrats on getting your date mushumadness! How exciting to get the date and LOA on the same day. Did you receive by email?

pixie08
02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Congrats to those of you who have got your date -it's so exciting isn't it?

For those of you who haven't heard back hold on! I know it is rough...it took them a week after our date to get back to us (we did however get our date and time!) so here is some:wizard: that you get your date balatonbabe!

balatonbabe
02-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks pixie08. You gals are so sweet & awesome!

balatonbabe
02-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Looks like another few sleepless nights for me :( Just called Diane and her voicemail said she's out of the office again today. Hope she calls me back on Monday...

balatonbabe
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
It's official - January 29, 2008 is ours! Diane called me to confirm:woohoo:

<A special thanks to my "wedding crasher" for calming me;) >

DisneyFairy19
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Good Luck... I am scared on not getting my date.. I hear Nov. is very busy so I may have to be in the lottery...Stressed out..

Good Luck in all your planning

balatonbabe
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I feel your stress, we picked January for a couple of reasons - Winnipeg winter getaway, and value season!

Let us know how it goes, and would be happy to give you support all the way through.