PDA

View Full Version : for hair and make-up did you???

catwub
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Did you do hair AND make-up, or just hair? I am a little nervous about the make-up part....if I hate it, I am out of luck. We have basically decided to go with Lisa, from Lisa's Magical Weddings, but I haven't decided if I want her to do my make-up. Any advice? Also, I know I can have her do a hair rehearsal, will they do make-up also?

Thank you
Cat

pixie08
01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
I just had my hair/makeup trial with Lisa and she is amazing with makeup. She didn't do cookie cutter stuff. I explained to her I don't like browns and she used these beautiful smokey greys/silvers to play up my green eyes. I couldn't be happier. Plus I know I won't have a staedy hand that day!

JandJ
01-31-2007, 09:19 AM
I was fortunate that I lived in Orlando for about a year before the wedding, and my personal hairdresser was able to come to WL and do my hair, MOH's and MIL's. We did a trial a few weeks before and it came out even better on the wedding day! As far as make-up, Dh doesn't like me in a lot of make-up and I don't really either, so even though my hairdresser wanted to also bring the make-up lady from her salon, I decided against it. I wanted to look like myself, not overly made up. I bought some of the Estee Lauder wedding make-up which is made especially for photography and did it myself. If you're not sure, definitely do a trial so you're not having to wash your face and re-do it at the last minute on your wedding day.

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 09:20 AM
I had Disney just do my hair cause it was a difficult updo.

They offered to do my makeup(because they were late), but I declined. I dont like the feel of heavy makeup & its just not me. Prior to going to FL I sent lots of time & money at those makeup counters at the mall & found the perfect collection of colors, gloss, etc & I love how it turned out, not to much not to little.
I think makeup artist do wonderful jobs, but Its to much for my taste, I would have been worried all day about how my face looked & I didnt want that bugging me all day.

Do whats best for you & you'll be happiest & most satisfied
:thumbsup2