PDA

View Full Version : Rave reviews for outside vendors

woodstoforrest
01-31-2007, 08:27 AM
We just got back from our wedding & honeymoon - it was a truly magical time and made all the more special by the outstanding service provided by the outside vendors that we hired for the wedding.

Onsite Beauty did our hair and makeup and Janet Mendick was not only a lovely person to spend some time with, but a consumate professional who made each and every one of us look absolutely beautiful. We looked like ourselves only better. I can't recommend her highly enough. Her prices were excellent, she came right to our hotel room, was wonderful to talk with and listened to what each of us wanted and did a spectacular job. If you're looking for a hair and makeup artist, I would hire Janet again in a heartbeat.

Randy Chapman did an incredible job. He was incredibly friendly and professional leading up to the wedding and took an astounding 748 pictures through the course of our intimate wedding & reception, without ever making us feel like we were being posed and prodded in order to get the best picture. He went the extra mile to develop our pictures before we came back home and they are truly breathtaking. I'm usually the one with my eyes closed in pictures, or some funny look on my face, but these pictures are really stunning. He captured so many amazing moments and made us all look fantastic. I literally can't say enough good things about Randy. Without exception, every picture that I've seen on this message board in the past year that has really caught my eye has been his. He's incredibly talented and wonderful to work with. HIRE HIM!!!

I'll try to put together some sort of trip report (once I get through my 1500 emails at work!) but in the meantime, can someone tell me how to post photos? Thanks.

Cheers,
Linda

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
I love Randy too (As most people already know)!! Im so glad you had an enjoyable time with him-- isnt he the coolest? He is super nice, handles things well, really takes over but makes you feel like hes got it covered!! I cant wait to see your photos!

Congratulations on your recent Disney Wedding. :hug:

pixie08
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Another HUGE randy fan here! We just had our e-pics and we loved him. Loved the pics as well (and this is coming from someone who hates to take pictures;) ) He just has an awesome laid back personality which makes you feel comfortable.

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I am so excited that we chose Randy as well. I am meeting him in two weeks to discuss our e pics...I think we are going to wait on them to do them in Oct since the wedding is a year away and I hoping to be down to my target weight by then (20 pounds to go!). Hearing all your reviews tells me I made the right choice! Thank you ladies for the help!

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
You definately did make the right choice-- you will realize that the moment that you meet him. He is very professional but above all he is really tallented. You wont even have to see your photos right away to realize his tallent. The way he shoots his photography is so stylistic... seriously amazing. I cant wait to hear your thoughts on everything and see your e-photos.

Also-- congrats on losing the weight so far. Got any good secrets to share?:hug:

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Maggimus- I joined weight watchers but more than anything else I decided that I need to get moving. I am lucky here at work we have a gym. My whole family (mom and dad and myself) joined together and to do it as a family has made a HUGE difference. We eat a lot more veggies, keeping in mind though you still have to eat everything otherwise you go NUTS! I am a die hard chocolate eater and that will never change! I have learned the whole stop eating when you are not hungry anymore not because you are STUFFED... I want to do it for my health but let's be honest I want it to look good in a bikini too!!! DF is in perfect shape in fact he used to be a soccer player on the Colombian National team which irritates me to no end he LOVES TO EXERCISE (FREAK!) Nevertheless I have said to myself that I feel better with less weight so eventhough its has been slow (9 pounds 4 weeks) I am hoping to stay motivated!

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Maggimus- I joined weight watchers but more than anything else I decided that I need to get moving. I am lucky here at work we have a gym. My whole family (mom and dad and myself) joined together and to do it as a family has made a HUGE difference. We eat a lot more veggies, keeping in mind though you still have to eat everything otherwise you go NUTS! I am a die hard chocolate eater and that will never change! I have learned the whole stop eating when you are not hungry anymore not because you are STUFFED... I want to do it for my health but let's be honest I want it to look good in a bikini too!!! DF is in perfect shape in fact he used to be a soccer player on the Colombian National team which irritates me to no end he LOVES TO EXERCISE (FREAK!) Nevertheless I have said to myself that I feel better with less weight so eventhough its has been slow (9 pounds 4 weeks) I am hoping to stay motivated!

That is awesome!! Its good to have a motivator. DH and I have both got very comfortable in our relationship which has added on the lbs. Right now we have a bet to see who can loose the most inches before our next vacation (Doesnt a bikini just drive everyone? I think I should hang one in every room around the house to remind me). Congrats on the loss of weight so far!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread woodstoforrest:hug:

jasnal
01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Reading this post makes me feel really happy that I hired Randy for our pictures!!!

woodstoforrest
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
No worries about the hijacking. This seems to be a topic that most of us brides deal with! I followed the Buff Brides book (though I didn't stick to it like crazy) and worked out between 3 - 5 days a week for the 12 weeks leading up to the wedding. Paid more attention to the strength training than the cardio, since I have wonky knees and developed a sore back with too much elliptical... It worked well and I was really happy with how I looked on the wedding day/honeymoon.

That said, I should probably tell you that I ate around the world at EPCOT and lots on the cruise after the wedding. Oh, and I quit the gym this morning. Mission accomplished! :rotfl2: That extra money will have to go towards paying off the wedding/trip!

Tee hee,
Linda

tchan03
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Congratulations Fellow Canadian!!

Look forward to your trip report ^_^

alexdrovna
02-01-2007, 10:40 AM
This is exciting, because I hadn't seen any real mentions on here about Janet's work. I'm going with her because her prices are much more reasonable than Lisa Pena - especially for the two little girls in my wedding party.

Thanks for posting this!!

Belle1981
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry for taking us off topic! I am counting the days to meet Randy!!! Any tips on things we should ask for during the wedding shoot? Something to remember?

Maggimus
02-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Randy is amazing, I have never been able to say this enough.

While you are waiting, I would consider what locations you really want in your photos, and shoot him an email asking him if you can divide the time up so that you can make it to each place and get great shots-- he is great about this. As for other preparations-- they arent necessary!! Randy gets everything done beautifully and is always on top of things. Good Luck-- although you wont need itpixiedust: !!

JJClemson
02-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Woodstoforrest- Congrats on your wedding :goodvibes I cannot wait to see some of those lovely pics that Randy took. We are using him too! I am so excited :)

woodstoforrest
02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
tchan03 - Yay Canada! Getting married in the winter in Florida instead of Canada? Genius. :)

alexdrovna - You're in excellent hands with Janet. One of our bridesmaids went for a more dramatic makeup look since she's used to wearing a good amount of makeup and she looked just stunning. I don't generally wear makeup and wanted to look natural and Janet did exactly that. She's just amazing! A really nice woman too, so you'll have a great time with her.

Belle1981 - We just left it up to Randy and he got amazing results. You're in great hands.

JJClemson - Thanks for the congrats. I haven't a clue how to post photos... Any tips?

Cheers,
Linda

lurkyloo
02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi Linda!

I can't wait to see your pictures - especially to see your makeup! - so I dug up an old post by Princess Mo on how to post pix. Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

"I have my pictures uploaded to www.shutterfly.com. You can get an account there for free.

Once you have that, I open up the picture I want, right click, then properties...highlight the web address, copy. then come back here.

After that you type insert copied address

woodstoforrest
02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmm... I tried the same method with Flickr and can't get it to work.

If you search for "people" and put in jackandlindaswedding, you'll see a few of our pics.

Cheers,
Linda

Maggimus
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
i recommend Photobucket.com

You can create an account (EASY), then upload your photos to it...

When you want to post a photo- just go to your account-- and copy and paste the "img" link-- it will say "IMG code" or something to that effect and all you have to do is copy and paste that link here-- nothing else.

GL!:thumbsup2

woodstoforrest
02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Maggimus. I don't have time to do that today, but I think I can post a link to my flickr account... Let's see.

Sorry for all the technical difficulties!

http://flickr.com/photos/85533533@N00/380704621/
http://flickr.com/photos/85533533@N00/380704623/

Maggimus
02-05-2007, 10:53 AM
wow you look so beautiful!! You look just like one of my best friends in college. Your photos are great and you and your DH make a picture perfect couple.:hug:

alexdrovna
02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
to post a picture from your flickr account you have to do the following:

- Click on the photo you want to post in flickr
- Click "All Sizes" from the menu above the photo
- Choose the size of photo you want to post (small or medium is usually best)
- Under the photo you will see two boxes - use the direct link to the photo

- On the board when you make your post click on the "insert image" icon about the box you type into
- Paste the direct link to the photo here - the board automatically inserts the correct code into the box
- Then go ahead and post!

Let me know if you still have trouble (I *heart* flickr!! My screenname there: lschreur)

woodstoforrest
02-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks, Maggimus. We are so happy with our photos. Yay Randy Chapman!

And thanks, alexdrovna. I'll try and find some time today to post some of my Flickr photos. I'm new to the whole Flickr thing, but I just love it so far.

Cheers,
Linda

scottish/canadian
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Ive read alot about this Randy guy. What are his prices like compared to the disney 6 hours package lets say.

Maggimus
02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Randy is my absolute favorite-- im his biggest fan. His prices cannot be beat. Go to his website and check them out. I think the password is Ariel.

www.chapmanphotography.com

Go to "disney brides"
password "ariel"
then click
"wedding information"
go to "package info and pricing"

Take into consideration that you own the copywrite to the CD.. so you do not have to pay for your photos through him-- he gives you copies of nearly all of your photos in a wedding album-- but gives every photo he takes of you on a cd.. you can then take it to any place that develops and get photos made... which saves TONS of money!!

scottish/canadian
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
What if you pictures taken in a park? Would disney allow this?