PDA

View Full Version : PASSPORT TO FUN or GAMEFLY easy/hard

Wilsonfamily4
01-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Goodness I keep posting today!!

I was wondering if anyone has done either the passport to fun or the gamefly offers on some of the sites? I would like to know how it went. Thanks

MrSanderz
01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I did Gamefly through QR. It credited quickly and you can cancel online-very easy offer!

Goodness I keep posting today!!

And this is my second reply to one of your posts today.:wave2:

3darlings
01-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I have done both and both were very easy and credited quickly. I have kept Passport to Fun and I love it. I got a good deal offered to me when I called to cancel so I am sticking with it for a year (for the price of one month.) It has been more than worth it to me since I have purchased countless $ 25 gift cards for $ 20. You do have to call to cancel Passport to Fun.

Wilsonfamily4
01-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey thanks guys!!

I just did gamefly and will think about passport to fun. I am really getting into doing offers and now I am starting to get adventerous and am enjoying it.

alacazander
01-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey thanks guys!!

I just did gamefly and will think about passport to fun. I am really getting into doing offers and now I am starting to get adventerous and am enjoying it.

I did gamefly too (through QR) very easy. I'll have to try passport to fun next!

I know it's addicting isn't it!

MrSanderz
01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Which site has Passport to Fun and where is it? :confused3:

Wilsonfamily4
01-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Treasure Trooper has it for 11 dollars. I just joined Treasure Troopers last week under someone at disboards and like it because it has offers that I don't find other places. I have heard good things about them but I have not been a member long enough to know if they pay out.

alacazander
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Ok - I cannot find passport to fun on either QR or Sunshine. Has anyone done these from either of them?

I'm not a member of the Treasure site.

Wilsonfamily4
01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok - I cannot find passport to fun on either QR or Sunshine. Has anyone done these from either of them?

I'm not a member of the Treasure site.

No, it is only at Treasure Troopers right now. I try and do SR or QR first then CR and then fall to Treasure Troopers. :)

sunshinegirl
01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
I added Passport to Fun (along with a Brand New Baby Einstein offer) but I have to admit that I do not know anything at all about it!

MrSanderz
01-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Tricia! I just signed up for it.

3darlings
01-30-2007, 02:52 PM
I added Passport to Fun (along with a Brand New Baby Einstein offer) but I have to admit that I do not know anything at all about it!

Tricia,

That is funny since I joined Passport to Fun through SR when I first joined in May. It was my first CC signup so I remember it well. I'm sure all the different offers start running together after a while!

I really like Passport to Fun. It is the only trial signup I have kept. As I mentioned above, I got a better deal once I called to cancel. They have always been prompt with sending the gift cards I order. I highly recommend it!

sunshinegirl
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
LOL! You are totally right! Looking back through my archives, I see that it was first an offer in the 100 range. We're up in the 500s now. The advertiser must have discontinued it for awhile. I was wondering why Treasure Trooper had something that I didn't. We tend to work with the same companies.

I might have to try this one myself. I order thousands of dollars in gift cards a month. What kind do they have?

Wilsonfamily4
01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Okay, I just joined passport to fun through SR as well. :) There are not many spots left for this offer. Glad I decided to do it. :) We'll see if I like it. Everyone says good things about it. I want to see what cards they offer.

I have not recieved a confirmation email from them yet with my membership info. I know I finished the application as I put all my credit card info in. Does anyone know what may have happened? Sunshine girl do you know if I actually joined? Silly me!

LIGrumpyGirl
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I just did it too but it froze...not sure if it went through! tried to do it again but it said ineligible. Is there a way to check if it went through??

alacazander
01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
I signed up for Passport to fun too on Sunshine. Mine gave me a confirmation so i'd check to see if yours went ok. I have yet to receive an email just the typical thank you when I hit the submit page.

Also I tried to do the supermembers special offer but when I clicked the link it said the page is unavaliable so I didn't get it. When I tried to do it again it said i've already completed the offer.

3darlings
01-30-2007, 06:40 PM
LOL! You are totally right! Looking back through my archives, I see that it was first an offer in the 100 range. We're up in the 500s now. The advertiser must have discontinued it for awhile. I was wondering why Treasure Trooper had something that I didn't. We tend to work with the same companies.

I might have to try this one myself. I order thousands of dollars in gift cards a month. What kind do they have?

Tricia,

There is a limit of 20 per retailer per year. Here are some of the retailers: Amazon, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Kmart, Sears, Borders, Barnes & Noble and Blockbuster. They use to have Target which was great but that ended in November. Restaurants include: Bennigans, TGI Fridays, Outback, Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Red Lobster and various fast food. You can also get movie tickets for $5.50 and theme park tickets but I haven't compared prices to see if those are a good deal or not.

Most of the gift cards are $ 25 with some, mostly fast food and Blockbuster coming in $ 10 amounts. I get $ 5 back on my purchasing credit card at the end of the month ($ 2 for the $ 10 ones). I wasn't sure at first how it was going to go, but they have always given me my credit each month and sent the cards promptly.

I have heard from other people on these boards that they don't get the same deal (I think a % off or something.) I got my offer when I called to cancel. So I am not sure what the current offer is for those joining now. But Passport to Fun has worked great for me. Hope this helps!

Alice28
01-30-2007, 07:22 PM

LOL! I did it today, but it said I'm ineligible. It must have been one I had done before. It did look kinda familiar.

Alice28
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Also I tried to do the supermembers special offer but when I clicked the link it said the page is unavaliable so I didn't get it. When I tried to do it again it said i've already completed the offer.

I did the supermembers offer and already got credit! :banana: Going to France in 2008, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to order some French CDs.

I hope there is some way you can try again!

3dog2kidmom
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay I'm going to get myself in trouble with so many to cancel at one time, but this Passport to Fun is intriguing and I'm going to have to see if I can find it. Any ideas as to what page it might be on?

Soccer Princess
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
It was right on page 1 of offers for me. Did anyone do this and get th free $25 Visa gift card it offered?

Alice28
01-31-2007, 09:15 AM
LOL! I did it today, but it said I'm ineligible. It must have been one I had done before. It did look kinda familiar.

Weird. I got my confirmation from Passport to Fun this morning. I hope I get credit for it! :goodvibes

Wilsonfamily4
01-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I also got my confirmation email this morning as well. Hope I get credited too.

Got credited this morning!!! I am tempted to keep this one but I don't think I could really justify the price until the holidays. Hmmmm

alacazander
01-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I also got my confirmation email this morning as well. Hope I get credited too.

Got credited this morning!!! I am tempted to keep this one but I don't think I could really justify the price until the holidays. Hmmmm

YES! I got credit this morning too! Sunshine is getting so fast!

Alice28
01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Hoping Hoping Hoping I get credit too. Yesterday I was at $5...today I'm at $25 with $14 pending! It amazes me how quickly I can rack up credits sometimes!

It really makes Disney trips doable for us. I want to do another trip next June with some friends of mine, but wasn't sure it was in the family budget. With the way I'm going with Sunshine, I can easily get $500-600 towards it- that's enough $$ for at least 2 of our park tickets (it will be just me and the kids as DH is tied up with something else), if not 3. It's amazing! Or food for most of the trip!

I did get a credit from something I did a trouble ticket for ages ago- I was pleasantly surprised to see that in my account this morning! Thanks Tricia for manually giving me the True.com credit! :cool1: :thumbsup2

LIGrumpyGirl
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I got the confirmation from Passport to fun. Just waiting for credit...hope it comes soon...I can cash out twice in one day!! Love the $50 for $45 deal!

MyGoofy26
01-31-2007, 03:00 PM
It was right on page 1 of offers for me. Did anyone do this and get th free $25 Visa gift card it offered?
I can't figure out where you get the Visa. It said go to www.dealpass.com and log in, which I did, but I can't find anywhere on there to get the $25 Visa.

Anyone have any luck finding it?

Soccer Princess
01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I can't figure out where you get the Visa. It said go to www.dealpass.com and log in, which I did, but I can't find anywhere on there to get the $25 Visa.

Anyone have any luck finding it?

Once you log on to passport there was a box at the top of the first page you had to click on. You have to stay longer than the trial period to get it I'm pretty sure.

MyGoofy26
01-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Once you log on to passport there was a box at the top of the first page you had to click on. You have to stay longer than the trial period to get it I'm pretty sure.

I'm all confused. . . I got a confirmation, but it was for savingsmart.com, not passport to fun. I thought it said something that signing up for one signed me up for the other, which was ok I'd just be sure to cancel both. . .
but when I log in at dealpass it takes me straight to savingsmart and I have no way to log into passport to fun. I wonder if I'll get a separate confirmation?

3darlings
01-31-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm all confused. . . I got a confirmation, but it was for savingsmart.com, not passport to fun. I thought it said something that signing up for one signed me up for the other, which was ok I'd just be sure to cancel both. . .
but when I log in at dealpass it takes me straight to savingsmart and I have no way to log into passport to fun. I wonder if I'll get a separate confirmation?

Be careful with that one! They are separate and will bill separately so you have to make sure to cancel both. I almost got caught up in that one! Be careful and make sure to confirm that both are canceled. Did you plug your account number in once you get to dealpass? That usually takes me to the right Passport to Fun pages. If not, you may have to contact customer service.

Alice28
01-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Tricia~ I went thru my account history to try and figure out if I had done Passport to Fun in the past to see if that's why it came up 'ineligible' last night on the website (although they sent me a confirmation email this AM and my credit card has the charge on it). Is Passport to Fun the same as 'Great Fun'? If not, I guess I didn't do it! 'Great Fun' is the only one I can see on my account history that would possibly be it.

Thanks if you can answer my question. A lot of these signups start looking familiar after awhile.

And one other question: do all the Scholastic offers have different sponsors? Or does Scholastic set the prices? I only ask cause I'm puzzled why the Baby Einstein offer only pays out $7, but costs $14 on our end....it seems the ones I did in the past like Nick or Disney were $9 or $10 in credits, and I paid out about $10. Just curious. I'm tempted, because I think my daughter would like the Einstein products, but it seems like a more expensive set to try and keep up on should we choose to keep it.

Thank you- Robin

sunshinegirl
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Tricia~ I went thru my account history to try and figure out if I had done Passport to Fun in the past to see if that's why it came up 'ineligible' last night on the website (although they sent me a confirmation email this AM and my credit card has the charge on it). Is Passport to Fun the same as 'Great Fun'? If not, I guess I didn't do it! 'Great Fun' is the only one I can see on my account history that would possibly be it.

Thanks if you can answer my question. A lot of these signups start looking familiar after awhile.

And one other question: do all the Scholastic offers have different sponsors? Or does Scholastic set the prices? I only ask cause I'm puzzled why the Baby Einstein offer only pays out $7, but costs $14 on our end....it seems the ones I did in the past like Nick or Disney were $9 or $10 in credits, and I paid out about $10. Just curious. I'm tempted, because I think my daughter would like the Einstein products, but it seems like a more expensive set to try and keep up on should we choose to keep it.

Thank you- Robin

I'm actually not sure if Great Fun and Passport to Fun are the same, but I would not be surprised. Same as a bunch of the "bargain network" ones that all have similar names but are basically the same thing.

We do have different sponsors for all of the Scholastic offers. Probably about 4 different advertisers that I go through. In some cases, I get better rates because we do a lot of volume (like the Disney offers). In other cases, they give me lower rates because we are an incentive site and they know a lot of people will cancel. I don't why the differences in the S/H unless they want to try to discourage people from signing up just for the rewards.

The Nick ones got cancelled today. :(

Soccer Princess
01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Be careful with that one! They are separate and will bill separately so you have to make sure to cancel both. I almost got caught up in that one! Be careful and make sure to confirm that both are canceled. Did you plug your account number in once you get to dealpass? That usually takes me to the right Passport to Fun pages. If not, you may have to contact customer service.

Hmm.. thanks for pointing that out. I obviously didn't read very closeley and would have only cancelled passport!

MyGoofy26
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I thought that's what I read when I signed up so I made a mental note to make sure I cancel both. . . but I can't figure out why I can access the "extra" and not the actual program I signed up for. Dealpass takes me straight to the smartsavings one with no option to get into Passport to Fun. I'll give it another day and see if they kick me a separate confirmation.

MrSanderz
02-01-2007, 09:58 AM

I' m pretty sure they are different programs. I did Great Fun through QR in December I think. It did not have the extra 'Saving Smart' program to cancel. I believe Great Fun is offered through Trilegiant. It's one of the QR portal offers and it pays $11.00 for a $1.00 trial.

Alice28
02-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I' m pretty sure they are different programs. I did Great Fun through QR in December I think. It did not have the extra 'Saving Smart' program to cancel. I believe Great Fun is offered through Trilegiant. It's one of the QR portal offers and it pays $11.00 for a $1.00 trial.

Thanks for the info- I should be getting my 7 credits soon then. I hope!

Wilsonfamily4
02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I called and canceled passport to fun over the automated system.. Very easy. They offer a better rate for a year if you want to keep it. I was so tempted but they don't have the stores I shop at. Thought about keeping it for Christmas but O, well.

Soccer Princess
02-02-2007, 09:24 AM
deleted :)

mom2dea0813
02-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Signed up last night sence it seemed so easy to cancel . Once I get credit I will cancel

Thanks for the heads up on another easy offer to canel

Getting addicted , but only want to do offers others have done befor .

SarahM

Alice28
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
anyone get their credits yet? I signed up on Monday or Tuesday...usually these types are quick to credit, but I haven't rec'd mine yet. Thanks!

azgal81
02-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I just tried to sign up for passport to fun but it said I was ineligible. I wonder why that is! I didn't see anything in the terms about arizona residents not being able to sign up. I wonder if that's why!

Alice28
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I just tried to sign up for passport to fun but it said I was ineligible. I wonder why that is! I didn't see anything in the terms about arizona residents not being able to sign up. I wonder if that's why!
It said that to me too, but then I got the confirmation email the next day and my credit card was charged the $1. So, I'm assuming I was eligible afterall. I'm going to be mad though if they don't give Sunshine the credits.

Alice28
02-02-2007, 11:57 PM
I can't find the phone # I wrote down for SavingSmart. Can someone post it here or PM me? I had the passport to fun one in the email confirmation they sent me. Tricia, are they still sending you credits for these? Somehow I get the feeling mine may have gotten messed up with the initial 'ineligible' saying, but then getting the confirmation email the next day. :confused3

Soccer Princess
02-03-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't find the phone # I wrote down for SavingSmart. Can someone post it here or PM me? I had the passport to fun one in the email confirmation they sent me. Tricia, are they still sending you credits for these? Somehow I get the feeling mine may have gotten messed up with the initial 'ineligible' saying, but then getting the confirmation email the next day. :confused3

1-800-316-8774

mom2dea0813
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
This just credited today so with in 3 days :) I will call and cancel after I am done with HUD homes .

Sarah M

Alice28
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Mandy for the #.

Still no credit for me...I decided to submit a trouble ticket even though it's only been a week. I just have a feeling something got screwy with Passport to Fun's website...

Magical JenK
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM

1-800-316-8774

So here's a question....did you get a confirmation email from SavingSmart AND Passport to Fun? I just got one from Passport to Fun & was able to cancel that correctly (via phone), but I don't know what my SavingSmart or the Deals??? account would be??

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Jen

Mom2R&D
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I joined Passport to Fun on 2/3...or so I thought I did. I went through all of the registration steps yet I have yet to receive any sort of confirmation email. I guess I'll have to log onto my CC and see if I have a charge from them to find out if I actually joined or not. :confused3

3dog2kidmom
02-05-2007, 08:50 PM
So here's a question....did you get a confirmation email from SavingSmart AND Passport to Fun? I just got one from Passport to Fun & was able to cancel that correctly (via phone), but I don't know what my SavingSmart or the Deals??? account would be??

Thanks!
Jen

Jen... I got an email from them...

Welcome! You are receiving this email because you accepted a special offer to save money through the SavingSmartSM savings service. SavingSmart gives you access to the world of unlimited savings on gift cards for over 60 retailers and restaurants, at national online retailers and theme parks nationwide! Whether you're shopping for home and family interests or getting ready to circle the globe, you can do it for less with SavingSmart. Just take a moment to browse the SavingSmart website and see how you can start saving with major retailers today!

Start saving right now -- simply go to the URL below!
www.savingsmart.com

For your reference, your membership ID# is: *******.

(snipped middle part out)

So take advantage of your SavingSmart benefits during your 7-day trial membership period. We invite you to use our services for the full 7-day trial period. If within 7 days you don't feel that our services and benefits are everything we say they are, simply call us toll-free at 1-800-316-8774 to cancel your membership. SavingSmart will automatically charge the membership fee to your card at the end of your 7-day trial period and, unless you call to cancel, at the then-current fee each new membership month.

Important: Please save this email for future reference, and bookmark www.savingsmart.com for instant access to your benefits.

Sincerely,
Member Savings

If I'm not mistaken, I think they could look you up through your email address or the phone # you listed if you didn't get an email.

Hope this helps!

Alice28
02-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Thanks!
Jen

I did not receive a confirmation email from Saving Smart, but I remember reading in the fine print I would be signed up for it, so I wrote that number down. When I called the number, they retrieved my account when I entered my phone number. it then canceled it. (all automated).

Soccer Princess
02-06-2007, 07:44 AM
I actually got an e-mail confirmation from Saving Smart like the one above. Check your spam folder maybe?

JUST STARTING
02-06-2007, 08:48 AM
I didn't get a email form Smart Savings either. When I called, I tried to request my membership # using my phone number but the message said " we are sorry you are having trouble please email us at membersavings@savingsmart.com and include your name and address. It seems like I'm not signed up for smart savings even though it stated I would be when I signed up for Passport to Fun. I did email them asking for an email confirming my cancellation.
Tracy

Wilsonfamily4
02-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I have to thank you all. I thought since I clicked no thanks that I did not sign up for the savings smart. But I called and found my account number and canceled. I never would have if it wasn't for the disboards. Scary to think I would have been charged even though I never wanted saving smart. THANK YOU ALL!!:cheer2:

Magical JenK
02-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I have to thank you all. I thought since I clicked no thanks that I did not sign up for the savings smart. But I called and found my account number and canceled. I never would have if it wasn't for the disboards. Scary to think I would have been charged even though I never wanted saving smart. THANK YOU ALL!!:cheer2:

I'll try calling tonight. Last night I logged into SavingsSmart/Deals (whatever it's called) w/my Passport to Fun member # & it said that I had canceled my Passport to Fun account...but it sounds like they should be two separate member #s huh?! Great. Well at least it doesn't sound too painful to figure out your member # & cancel it.

thanks

Wilsonfamily4
02-06-2007, 02:43 PM
but it sounds like they should be two separate member #s huh?! Great. Well at least it doesn't sound too painful to figure out your member # & cancel it.

It was easy. They first ask if you need your savings smart account number, I did so then they asked me to put in my phone number and gave me the account number. Because I may be not so smart I then hung up and called the same number so I could go the area for canceling. All very easy. Easy but I hate to think what would have happened if I just kept thinking I hadn't signed up for it. And I never even checked to see if it was the same number as passport to fun. But I know I canceled that one days ago and this one was stll active. Lucky me as today was 7 days.

Magical JenK
02-06-2007, 11:29 PM
I didn't get a email form Smart Savings either. When I called, I tried to request my membership # using my phone number but the message said " we are sorry you are having trouble please email us at membersavings@savingsmart.com and include your name and address. It seems like I'm not signed up for smart savings even though it stated I would be when I signed up for Passport to Fun. I did email them asking for an email confirming my cancellation.
Tracy

I'm getting the same thing! I sent an email...did you hear back from them?

JUST STARTING
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
They sent an email asking if it could be under a previous address or phone number. I emailed them back and told them the current info I gave them was correct and that I signed up for Passport to Fun and the fine print read that I would be signing up for Smart Savings as well. I received an email back from them stating that I was only enrolled in Passport to Fun so I guess I was never enrolled in Smart Savings. I'll just keep a copy of the email in case I get charged for anything but they couldn't locate me in the system. HTH
Tracy

basketrn
02-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I signed up for Passport To Fun yesterday and got an email from both Passport to Fun and Saving Smart this morning. Now I am just waiting for my credits to post for this and will cancel both.

alacazander
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
A word of warning on this one!

Signed up two weeks ago and cancelled last week. Yesterday they charged my cc $19.99. When I called today they said they have no record of the cancel phone call. Well you just talk to a phone not a real person so you can't say it was so and so at 1pm and here is my cancellation number, etc. They took the charge off but I did have to speak to a supervisor.

I would check with your cc to see if you a'll got any charges! It actually kinda scared me about doing these offers!

luvhockey
02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I didn't get emails from Passport or SmartSavings but there is a $2 pending authorization on my cc.
I did get a SmartSavings email but it was associated with the Private Matters offer.
So I'm not sure. I guess I'll see if I get credit for it. If not I'll call Passport just to make sure I'm not charged for anything.

Update: I joined 2/15 and finally got an email from Passport today 2/18. Kinda screwy. No SavingSmart email as of yet. I guess I'll wait until Wed 2/21 and cancell. Hopefully I get credit for this one since the email ws so long in coming.

Update #2: Credited tonight 2/18. Yeah. Tricia is awesome.

Angela