PDA

View Full Version : Buying dresses online at Kanacca??

orangetiggs
01-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello

Has anyone purchased any of thier dresses from Kanacca.com?

I have been looking and they are so cheap but was worried of the quality of them so if anyone has used them it would be great to hear from you

Regards

Stucas
01-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I was also looking there. They do have a return policy, so I was thinking about ordering a dress to check out the quality. The only problem is the shipping would be crazy. Hopefully someone has ordered from there and knows first hand.

orangetiggs
02-15-2007, 05:06 AM
anyone ordered from here???

Stucas
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I'v still been checking on there and they recently closed their ebay store which got me worried so I e-mailed and asked why it closed and I got a response saying they had a crazy employee who abused the system so they had to close their store and they fired that employee...still though....makes me extra nervous.

I'v looked all over the web, other message boards and everyone is in our boat, they want to know more, but nobody has actually ordered.

Sorry I'm not a big help :(

Gina Loves Disney
02-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The thing that scares me about the site is that they are hand made dresses but they show you the pic of the dress that inspired the hand made one, not the one they actually made! Why??? I would email them and ask for pics of their products!

Gina Loves Disney
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I found this:

http://forums.weddingsolutions.com/showthread.php?t=13584

wouldn't risk it.

orangetiggs
02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
oh thanks for that I may now delete that from my favourites!

any other idea on cheap bridesmaid dress that will ship to the uk?? Everything is so much cheaper in the us than here!

Maggimus
02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
i posted on this thread and for some reason my post isnt showing up!!

I said that if you are looking for something in that price range I would wait until Davids Bridal does their $99 sale. They put even their nicer dresses out for $99 just to get rid of them! Its a pretty good buy if can make it to one!

I wouldnt risk getting one off-line only to pay outrageous shipping and then have to pay to ship it back. Ya know what I mean?:confused3

orangetiggs
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
the only thing is i'm in the uk and will only be out there in oct for a week at disney to plan everything and then wont be back over till the wedding. I dont mind paying more but the dress here are around$300 each and I have 3 to get and maybe 2 more

lurkyloo
02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Yesterday I ran across a thread on the Bridal Bargains book message boards about buying dresses from China.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=22

A lot of the brides said they had great experience with certain Chinese companies as long as they sent detailed instructions stating exactly what they wanted, right down to the kind of fabric and the closure (they'll put in a zipper if you don't specify you want buttons/laces). I believe these places do bridesmaids dresses as well.

I can't vouch for the quality of these sites myself, but they might be a place to start:

www.littlecoral.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Cinderellas-Bridal-Shop

Oooh - I just found this place. They're a reputable, US-based online retailer with good discounts, and they ship internationally:

http://netbride.com/order/international-shipping-rates.php

Best of luck! :thumbsup2

Maddiesmum03
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Orangetiggs, I'm in the UK too ( Chingford - not very far from your neck of the woods - I work in Essex ! ) and we are planning a May 2008 wedding at sea breeze point. We are having 3 bridesmaids - 2 little ones and my SIL2B. The little ones are sorted ( I found a dress I loved by a ebay seller who makes them - I've posted the photos on the bridesmaid dress sticky post ) but we are having trouble finding something for SIL2B. The only one to impress both of us so far is a Dessy tea dress, because we want something with wide straps, or that sort of neckline rather than strapless or thin straps, so we have no worries about strapmarks during our first week of the holiday!
DSIL2B went to a local stockist last week and they are charging £180. Now I don't mind spending that ammount, specially if she can wear it again, but I don't like feeling ripped off and I found the same dress ( it's style 2001 ) on some US webssites for $115 - $130 which is like a third of the price. One of the ideas I had was that as we are going to Vero this November, I could try to order one from a local stockist and pick it up when I get there. With it being a tea dress, there would be no alterations to the length and even if it did need tweaking, it would surely be cheaper to get a seemstress to to the ammends, than pay rip off UK prices. I'm already planning to get my shoes while I'm out there - looks like this holiday may be a tour of bridal shops. LOL

orangetiggs
02-16-2007, 03:32 AM
We are going out in oct and I will have ordered my wedding dress out there! We are also going to get our wedding bands out there as well as everything is so much cheaper!

I love a dress from the dessy range but your right the price of them is so expensive, I have 1 child who will be 12 and then 2 maybe 3 older bridesmaids so paying £180 for three dresses soon adds up!

luvsmickey
03-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok! My mom got her gown the other day! (from Kanacca.com) And she said it's BEAUTIFUL!!! :woohoo: I'm so Relieved!!!! We ordered the BM gowns there too! So, now we're just waiting for them to arrive! Good luck with your gown huntings! (And when we ordered there was free shipping)