PDA

View Full Version : re-live our wedding

Tammy32
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
I got to re-live my wedding yesterday with some important ladies. My mom wanted me to go to her work and watch our wedding video with some ladies at a nursing home. The ladies had been asking my mom about my wedding for months so she thought it would be nice for them to have a "Disney wedding reception" for them. They served them wedding cake and flutes of apple juice. They also gave the ladies slipper favors. It was cute and they talked about their own wedding days. I was able to bring one of my flowergirls because she is not in school yet. She got to wear her dress again and the ladies loved it. She was so cute and her mom said she talked about it all day and about all the grandmothers that were there. She was so good.

It was fun and a very rewarding day.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/tsouva/Ourpictures008.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/tsouva/Ourpictures005.jpg

KT27
01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Awww you have me in tears! What an amazing thing to do! I bet hearing their stories was great!

Maggimus
01-27-2007, 03:52 PM
That is great!! My mom has been an RN since she was really young... and was a supervisor of a nursing home once. Growing up I was really scared of the patients because they dont see kids very often-- so when they do everyone is just all of you. Now I look back and realize that my mom did a good thing by taking me down there. Patients in nursing homes dont often get all the attention they deserve.. I think thats *EXTRA* special of you to do something like that. Major Pixie Dust for you!!pixiedust:

-Maggie:hug:

Tammy32
01-27-2007, 04:06 PM
That is great!! My mom has been an RN since she was really young... and was a supervisor of a nursing home once. Growing up I was really scared of the patients because they dont see kids very often-- so when they do everyone is just all of you. Now I look back and realize that my mom did a good thing by taking me down there. Patients in nursing homes dont often get all the attention they deserve.. I think thats *EXTRA* special of you to do something like that. Major Pixie Dust for you!!pixiedust:

-Maggie:hug:\

I know what you mean about going there when you are young. Even when I left home for the army my mom would make me come home and go talk to the veterans in the nursing home. She would make me wear my uniform and that was the last thing I would want to do when I was home on leave. But as soon as I got there and the look in their eyes soon changed my attitude. It was an honor to talk to them and hear their stories. I try to go on veterans day and talk to them still. Many of them can't believe I was a paratrooper because back in their day women couldn't do much in the army...let alone jump out of planes in the Army. I thank my mom for making me go there and learn about that great generation. They gave us so much and we don't give much back to them. It is sad because sometimes no one even visits them. My mom and your mom are angels in my eyes because that is a hard job.

DVCGirl49
01-27-2007, 04:09 PM
What a wonderful thing to do!

Maggie/Tammy -- I can relate to that! I am a Respiratory Therapist at a large acute care hospital. I see dozens of elderly people every day. Sadly, sometimes it is just so busy and you get so caught up in 'going thru the motions' that you 'forget' that it is a real person you are taking care of. I have had the privilage of several rewarding moments where I've had time to stop and chat at length with my patients about thier lives and what they've experienced/remember/learned over their years. Those are the moments that I sit back and say, I really love what I do!

JJClemson
01-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh Tammy, what a sweet thing to do! So many things from your wedding are just so heart-felt and sweet :love: I wonder what you're going to do next :)

ForKeeps
01-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow,

What an amazing thing to do. To share such joy with otehrs. How fantastic!

DisneyFairy19
01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
That is so cute.. All the ladies must have loved watching your video.... It must have been a hi-lite of a day for them...

I loved how you had your wedding dress on display... Its very pretty..

Kim10110
01-27-2007, 10:43 PM
that was so so sweet of you to share your day with all of them.

Tammy32
01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh Tammy, what a sweet thing to do! So many things from your wedding are just so heart-felt and sweet :love: I wonder what you're going to do next :)

I swear nothing else. It has been a wonderful exprience and much more then I ever expected. It is funny people ask would you change anything about your wedding and I don't hesitate to say "No". It was magical.

You know what is hard to believe is that I did have one person that tried to ruin our wedding... one of my mother-n-laws. (I have 3). When I have time I will post what she did but for now I am going to remember the wonderful things and not let her ruin our wedding day. It is ok that she hates me because her son loves me and that is all that matters.

StephSFL
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I am in awe! What y'all did was so wonderful! I can onyl imagine what it meant to all the ladies and everyone involved! Thank you so much for sharing what you did- my Grandfather is in an assisted living center and I know what it means for them to do things like this.
Wow!