PDA

View Full Version : Offers we can cancel online, no phoning

Wilsonfamily4
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Okay, I know there are a few of us dis'ers out there that are doing QR, SR, CR, TT (and the list goes on) and want to know which of the offers are easy to cancel. Calling to cancel just makes us nervous. So I was thinking we start a thread that lets us all know which ones we can cancel online. Like I just saw that Cinema Now can be canceled online. So if we had a thread to help us we could make money but also feel more comfortable. :) Anyone else up for this?

So we have so far ALL can be canceled online:
1. Cinema Now
2. Blockbuster
3. Official Nascar
4. Privacy Matters
5. Gamefly
6. Efax-- A live chat button online
7. Passport to Fun--Okay it's not online but it was an automatic phone call with no live person BUT BE CAREFUL you will have to cancel savingssmart as well, even if you don't want to join it. So call both to cancel. Sneaky sneaky
8. Silvertag--THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
9. ShoppingJobs.com --at QR right now---THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
10. OfficialAuctioneers
11. Gotta Play
12. Health Care Plan
13. Realty Trac
14. The Grant Assistant-- takes a little bit of effort to cancel but does work

Added May 8, 2007
15. Sleep Rite Essential Living ---live chat
16. RealtyStore
17. Foreclosure
18. Doba

Magical JenK
01-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh I am for sure!!

Blockbuster can be cancelled online as well

toystoryduo
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you for starting this thread! I just started to really get into SR and was thinking about starting a similar thread myself. Thank you!:goodvibes

Wilsonfamily4
01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Good!!
I forgot about blockbuster. That one was easy.
Glad some of us will be on board. I figure if I start at the offers with no phoning after awhile I may get enough nerve up to do the others. Right now I just don't do any trial offers, just clicks, emails and shopping. Would like to start making some more money.

Sunshineanddaisys
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
You can cancel the nascar one online as well...

Wilsonfamily4
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
You can cancel the nascar one online as well...

How did you do that? I see a phone number for canceling? That one credits good so I may try it.

3darlings
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Privacy Matter is another good one. You do call a phone number but you just follow a number of prompts to cancel - you don't have to talk to a real person! For those of you who are worred about cancelling by talking to someone, it really isn't bad. Once you do it a time or two, you will have no problem. My experience is that they are all very nice - they have never given me a hard time at all. Just say that it isn't something you decided wasn't worth it to you. The only thing they usually do is offer up a better deal or give you an extension on your free trial. I always (except once when I took the better deal which has been great) just tell them no thanks and that is pretty much it. Again, in my experience they operators have all been very nice and professional and it is not an unpleasant experience (other than having to hold for awhile sometimes). So try it, I think you will be surprised at how easy it is.

kytiam
01-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Privacy Matter is another good one. You do call a phone number but you just follow a number of prompts to cancel - you don't have to talk to a real person! For those of you who are worred about cancelling by talking to someone, it really isn't bad. Once you do it a time or two, you will have no problem. My experience is that they are all very nice - they have never given me a hard time at all. Just say that it isn't something you decided wasn't worth it to you. The only thing they usually do is offer up a better deal or give you an extension on your free trial. I always (except once when I took the better deal which has been great) just tell them no thanks and that is pretty much it. Again, in my experience they operators have all been very nice and professional and it is not an unpleasant experience (other than having to hold for awhile sometimes). So try it, I think you will be surprised at how easy it is.

"No thank you, I want to cancel today." "No thank you I want to cancel today." "No thank you, I want......" You get the picture!:lmao: It's not unpleasant, exactly, unless you're especially timid or have a hard time with the "N" word.

But seriously, the main downside to having to make the phone call, is being put on hold for endless amounts of time, only to be disconected because of the "high call volume" (probably all us SR DISers canceling the offers on the same day!;) ) So that's why I think this thread is a great idea!:thumbsup2 When I get home, I'll check my records and see which ones I cancelled on line. My brain cells aren't what they used to be!:rolleyes:

Sunshineanddaisys
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
How did you do that? I see a phone number for canceling? That one credits good so I may try it.

When you call to cancel, they tell you that you can also log onto the website , and use the contact us link....There is an option to cancel the membership from that section....

kytiam
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
The only offers I cancelled online (near as I can tell, anyway) are the same as the ones already listed, except for the ones I did that you have to pay for. These include: Cosmetiqe (not too much $$ and pretty good makeup and stuff for that money), Game Fly (I never got credited for this one, but my kids enjoyed the games while they had them), Net Flix (you have to stay past the 10 day trial but it's only $9.95/month and you can watch a bunch of movies before cancelling after the 1st month), and that awful Beautiful Skin (it says "free trial" but only if you pay shipping and handling both ways and a $8.95 restocking fee--but Hey, you can cancel online! And the stuff really works--my DD loves it, but it's so expensive:scared1: . I will keep the first shipment, pay through the nose for the product and promptly cancel--online, of course!)
HTH!

alacazander
01-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh good thread!

Wilsonfamily4
01-29-2007, 03:55 PM
bumping!! :)

bartleby1
01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
When you call to cancel, they tell you that you can also log onto the website , and use the contact us link....There is an option to cancel the membership from that section....

Thanks for the info on this! I just signed up.

Great thread idea OP!

Wilsonfamily4
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
bumping. I need more!! Becoming an addict but hate any kind of confrontation. :)

DebDisney
02-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Can somebody please tell me where on the Nascar site we can cancel? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

jho
02-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Can somebody please tell me where on the Nascar site we can cancel? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

On the left side column of the Home page, click on Contact Us under Member Services. There you'll find a phone number and the link to cancel online.

alacazander
02-01-2007, 09:29 AM
I did EFAX this week and you can cancel online but your talking to a live agent. Very easy!

Wilsonfamily4
02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I couldn't get my live chat button to work at EFAX so I emailed asking if they could cancel my account and they did!! So I have my confirmation cancelation email and didn't even have to do a live chat. :) Though that would be painless as well.

DebDisney
02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks! I see it now.

toystoryduo
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
In order to get the credits on eBay, do we just register or register and place a bid or register and do a buy it now? (Hope that made sense! ;) )

Thanks!:goodvibes

toystoryduo
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
In order to get the credits on eBay, do we just register or register and place a bid or register and do a buy it now? (Hope that made sense! ;) )

Thanks!:goodvibes

Oops! Meant to start this as a new thread.. Sorry about that!:blush:

MrSanderz
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I just cancelled passport to fun and saving smart. There is an 800 # to call but to cancel they have an automated system, ie. 'press 1 to cancel'. Not exactly an online cancellation but just as easy! Did not have to speak to anyone.

Wilsonfamily4
02-05-2007, 12:46 PM
bump, and it doesn't have to be just SR offers it could be ones you have done one QR, CR, treasure troopers, mypoints, etc.

DznyDreams
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
OH! Thank you for this list! How WONDERFUL!!!

:thanks:

caitty13
02-06-2007, 06:56 AM
bumping. Just starte SR and trying to learn all the ins and outs

sammielynn
02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I just cancelled passport to fun and saving smart. There is an 800 # to call but to cancel they have an automated system, ie. 'press 1 to cancel'. Not exactly an online cancellation but just as easy! Did not have to speak to anyone.

Do you still have that number, the only one I have you have to talk to a person.....

alacazander
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Official Auctions on SR is a cancel online. Haven't done - has anyone else?

Magical JenK
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I couldn't get my live chat button to work at EFAX so I emailed asking if they could cancel my account and they did!! So I have my confirmation cancelation email and didn't even have to do a live chat. :) Though that would be painless as well.

How long did it take for you to get a response from your email to cancel? My live chat button didn't work either, so I sent an email last night, but have not heard back from them yet??

Oh, forget it...found the email! They canceled it no problem!

Wilsonfamily4
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
bumping as I have kept it current and there are some newbies out there that may want this list. :)

sammielynn
02-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Official Auctions on SR is a cancel online. Haven't done - has anyone else?

Did it at lunch and was credited by 3:30. Canceled online and had an email by 3:45. Way easy.

Magical JenK
02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Here's a few to add...
On QR:
$7.00 for $1.00 fee Psychic4Free cancel online
$6.00 for $0.95 fee ShoppingJobs.com cancel through Paypayl (VERY easy)

On SR:
$5.00 for free SilverTag cancel through Paypal

LovableGluttons
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
How soon after sign up do you cancel as to still get credit for the signup?

Thanks! This is GREAT!

azgal81
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
How soon after sign up do you cancel as to still get credit for the signup?

Thanks! This is GREAT!

I wouldn't cancel an offer until you receive credit. QR is very quick about posting credit for sign ups. SR usually takes a few days. Most of the offers have a free trial period so you need to cancel before that is up regardless if you get credit or not (unless you want to pay the monthly fee for the offer).

I cancel the offers as soon as I receive credit. If its been 5 days and I still haven't rec'd credit for a 7 day trial period I open up a trouble ticket.

basketrn
02-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Just bumping back up!!

Wilsonfamily4
02-24-2007, 06:25 PM
bumping as I see some newbies asking for some easy offers. These should do it!

And remember if you do any from any reward site that are online canceling let us know here. That means from TT, CR, QR, SR, freeride, etc. Thanks

Wilsonfamily4
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Looks like RealtyTrac at SR (and TT) is a cancel online. I will add it to the first page when I cancel and see how that goes.

LorieR
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Bumping! Looking for more offers that you cancel online :)

Jusacuz
03-01-2007, 03:00 PM
The Healthcare offer on SR is cancelled via email. Very easy.
GottaPlay on SR is also cancelled online.

:goodvibes

luvdisney00
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
New to SR...Can someone tell me how they cancelled the Blockbuster offer online? I was going to keep it for the 1st month for $9.95, but after looking it over today, I found the site hard to navigate & I think I'd rather try Netflicks. I can't find how to cancel on the site.
Thanks.

luvdisney00
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
never mind, I found it and cancelled. :)

Wilsonfamily4
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
New to SR...Can someone tell me how they cancelled the Blockbuster offer online? I was going to keep it for the 1st month for $9.95, but after looking it over today, I found the site hard to navigate & I think I'd rather try Netflicks. I can't find how to cancel on the site.
Thanks.

I switched from netflix to blockbuster to get the reward a 4-5 ago but after a few months I decided I liked netflix better and went back to them

caitty13
03-02-2007, 05:49 AM
I signed up for blockbuster and and it seems to be slow, the turn around time seems to take forever. I saw Netflex on SR a while back and now it's not there. I wish it was. :sad1:

luvdisney00
03-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Caitty,
Go to Offers & Netflicks is on page 12. It is 10 credits and you must stay past the free trial to claim. I may try it too, I cancelled Blockbuster yesterday.
BTW, for anyone who wants to try Blockbuster, when I cancelled the membership, they e-mailed me right away with a cheaper price to keep it. I just didn't really like the way the site was set up or the process.

caitty13
03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
I dont' have it on my page 12, I am new to SR and I might have deleted it when I first started out. Do you know if they can be restored?:confused3

luvdisney00
03-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Can someone tell me how they cancelled Cinema Now? I was looking over the terms of use & it says you can cancel anytime, but doesn't give a # or address.:confused3 I like to know the way out before I sign up, so the option is always there.
Thanks!

caitty13
03-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I canceled on there website. it was very easy. I am not sure where it is but I think it was under accounts

LorieR
03-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Just bumping again :)

ksloane
03-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Just wanted to give this a bump as I used it today to sign up for several offers (first time to do the trials) and it was REALLY useful. Thanks everyone for contributing.

Wilsonfamily4
03-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Just wanted to give this a bump as I used it today to sign up for several offers (first time to do the trials) and it was REALLY useful. Thanks everyone for contributing.

I am glad you used it. It was made for us (I was the OP) that are just starting out. Now I am a little more then a starter. :) But good to see it is useful.

M 'n C
03-05-2007, 02:18 PM
How do you cancel through paypal?

Wilsonfamily4
03-05-2007, 02:47 PM
How do you cancel through paypal?

There are only a few offers that go through paypal. Those ones are in the first post. I cannot remember of the top of my head which ones. When you sign up you give your paypal account and then when you want to cancel you go to paypal and click open the account you want to cancel. At the bottom of that page there is a cancel subscription button. Click it and you are done. So nice and easy. But like I said just a few do it this way. Good Luck :flower3:

ksloane
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Where do you go to cancel the Health Care Plan? I have confirmation email, but can't find a place to login to cancel?? I'm lost!! Someone help?! :confused3

3dog2kidmom
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Where do you go to cancel the Health Care Plan? I have confirmation email, but can't find a place to login to cancel?? I'm lost!! Someone help?! :confused3

I just did this tonight. You send an email to memberservices@medlifeplus.com asking them to cancel your membership and refund your $1 fee. They are supposed to send you an acknowledgement. Still don't have my answer yet - perhaps by tomorrow.

ksloane
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks 3dog2kidmom. I sent an email too. :)

M 'n C
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
There are only a few offers that go through paypal. Those ones are in the first post. I cannot remember of the top of my head which ones. When you sign up you give your paypal account and then when you want to cancel you go to paypal and click open the account you want to cancel. At the bottom of that page there is a cancel subscription button. Click it and you are done. So nice and easy. But like I said just a few do it this way. Good Luck :flower3:

Thanks. Just tried out shoppingjobs.com and got credited in 15 minutes! Cancelling was super easy as well.

Small Town Princess
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I signed up for Cinema Now on QR this morning and had credit in just a couple hours!!:cool1:
But I am not finding any links on the site that allow me to cancel (or any customer service info. at all. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

momto4obkids
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I signed up for cinema now also and i could only find a phone number to cancel it :worried:

1-866-544-6592

Wilsonfamily4
03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I signed up for cinema now also and i could only find a phone number to cancel it :worried:

1-866-544-6592

I couldn't remember how I did it and it was one of my firts offers so I did not keep good records BUT I did go to another thread and found this.

"I haven't actually cancelled it yet, but I logged on to my account and I see the grey cancel button on mine. It is on the right hand side of the screen. You might have to scroll down a little to see it. Hope you find it! "

So it was probably a go to their site. Look in your account info and find somewhere to cancel. GOOD LUCK!!!

LisaNJ25
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
ahh did i do this right.. first time doing a trial.. i went through sr and did the gotta play trial.. i was charged 21.95 on my cc.. will I get a credit of 20.95 when i cancel?

Wilsonfamily4
03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
ahh did i do this right.. first time doing a trial.. i went through sr and did the gotta play trial.. i was charged 21.95 on my cc.. will I get a credit of 20.95 when i cancel?

All of us are having the same thing happen with GottaPlay. It did say it will refund it. Someone called and was told it takes 3-5 business days to credit back to our card. It does say it will be credited so hopefully they will do it without us all having to call and bug them. But just wait a bit and see if you get it back.

ksloane
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I just did this tonight. You send an email to memberservices@medlifeplus.com asking them to cancel your membership and refund your $1 fee. They are supposed to send you an acknowledgement. Still don't have my answer yet - perhaps by tomorrow.

This worked I got my confirmation email today.

LisaNJ25
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
All of us are having the same thing happen with GottaPlay. It did say it will refund it. Someone called and was told it takes 3-5 business days to credit back to our card. It does say it will be credited so hopefully they will do it without us all having to call and bug them. But just wait a bit and see if you get it back.

ok.. so I should wait a day or 2 for the credit to show up in my SR account and than cancel it.

Wilsonfamily4
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
ok.. so I should wait a day or 2 for the credit to show up in my SR account and than cancel it.

Go ahead and cancel once you get your credit form SR or QR and then wait to see if GottaPLay credits your card back. After a week or so then I would call and remind them that you were to be credited back that amount when you canceled. I don't think it will come to that though. I think they are just slow at crediting our cards back but will eventually do it.

LisaNJ25
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Go ahead and cancel once you get your credit form SR or QR and then wait to see if GottaPLay credits your card back. After a week or so then I would call and remind them that you were to be credited back that amount when you canceled. I don't think it will come to that though. I think they are just slow at crediting our cards back but will eventually do it.

Great.. thanks for all of the help..

one more question for you. I also signed up for passport to fun.. i have a $1.00 pending charge so i know it went but i have not received any type of email confirmation info or account login

Wilsonfamily4
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Great.. thanks for all of the help..

one more question for you. I also signed up for passport to fun.. i have a $1.00 pending charge so i know it went but i have not received any type of email confirmation info or account login

hmm, I think you should get an email. In the monring if you haven't gotten one I would call one of the numbers and ask for my member number. Then you can cancel online. But this one was a beware one as you will have been joined also to smart savings and need to cancel this one as well. I never got a member number for this one so I called the number and through the automated service got the number and then used that number to cancel. Big hassel but at least I never talked to anyone

3dog2kidmom
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
This worked I got my confirmation email today.

I got mine today, too - thanks!!

Small Town Princess
03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I've looked everywhere for that Cinema Now gray cancelation box on line but can't find anything. I wonder if they have canged it to cancel by phone only?:scared:

Small Town Princess
03-06-2007, 11:06 PM
:scratchin Hold on, I think I found the trouble. I signed up under the header Cinema Now on QR but it is really Cinema Talent. I see that SR has both companies listed. I thought it was all the same thing. My bad.:upsidedow

3dog2kidmom
03-09-2007, 07:43 AM
If you need to cancel your account, please send a message to help@mail.evoice.com or call 1 (323) 817-3206 Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM-8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Go to top

Wilsonfamily4
03-09-2007, 09:44 AM
If you need to cancel your account, please send a message to help@mail.evoice.com or call 1 (323) 817-3206 Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM-8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.
Go to top

:cool1: Yea a new one. Been awhile

MyGoofy26
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Just bumping in case anything new pops up.

ksloane
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Go to top

This was a great offer. I signed up on 3/14. Got credit on 3/19. I sent the email asking for them to cancel my service and was asked to do their online chat. Just did it and it was easy as pie! :) And they send you a copy of the chat transcript for your records at the end.

JillyFish
03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Go to top

Be careful with this one. I emailed to cancel and only got an automated response saying my message had been received. I waited about a week and still had not gotten a cancellation confirmation. So I finally broke down and called (Ugg!!) and they said "NO, you're account was not cancelled." So anyways, they cancelled it for me. But I just wanted to give an update of what happened to me.

ksloane
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Be careful with this one. I emailed to cancel and only got an automated response saying my message had been received. I waited about a week and still had not gotten a cancellation confirmation. So I finally broke down and called (Ugg!!) and they said "NO, you're account was not cancelled." So anyways, they cancelled it for me. But I just wanted to give an update of what happened to me.

Thanks for the heads up. I do have the confirmation email (a lot of the chat from where it was cancelled), but I will be sure to keep up with it.

luvhockey
03-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I did eAuction Success last week, the terms section says you can cancel by email via live chat. I sent an email this morning and am awaiting a response. I'll let you know what I find out.

I signed up for evoice last week but haven't rec'v'd credit yet. I did get the phone call last Tue to make sure I was a 'valid' signup. So hopefully that one will credit soon and the chat will go ok.

Now we need more of those paypal kind. Gotta love those.
Angela

Edit: eAuction Success is an online live chat. Quick easy professional friendly. There's a quick 4 line survey at the end, then check the box to email the chat with the confirmation to yourself.

Pooh's Pal
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I did eAuction Success last week, the terms section says you can cancel by email via live chat. I sent an email this morning and am awaiting a response. I'll let you know what I find out.

I signed up for evoice last week but haven't rec'v'd credit yet. I did get the phone call last Tue to make sure I was a 'valid' signup. So hopefully that one will credit soon and the chat will go ok.

Angela

Edit: eAuction Success is an online live chat. Quick easy professional friendly. There's a quick 4 line survey at the end, then check the box to email the chat with the confirmation to yourself.

I cancelled eAuction Success this morning..no problems...as you stated..did the survey after the chat and they sent me a copy of the chat which contained my confirmation #. :)

LorieR
03-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Bumping :)

MyGoofy26
03-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Bumping :)

Haha, yep - gotta keep this up on top! With tomorrow starting a new quarter, I bet lots of us are going to be going crazy with the offers again! I know I've been holding off on the bigger offers so I could have them count towards the next quarter. I'm sure I'm not alone!

HayGan
04-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Angela

Does anyone know the website for this one? I have been on hold for 10 minutes now trying to cancel!!!

Pooh's Pal
04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
You can cancel online at http://www.pacificwebworks.com/customer_support.htm
using the live chat link

You will need need the Member ID you were given when signing up as well as to confirm all registration info with the representitive. After cofirming, ask to cancel and you will be given a confirmation number. Very easy!

Hope this helps!
I just canceled last week, after I got credit. ;)

HayGan
04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
You can cancel online at http://www.pacificwebworks.com/customer_support.htm
using the live chat link

You will need need the Member ID you were given when signing up as well as to confirm all registration info with the representitive. After cofirming, ask to cancel and you will be given a confirmation number. Very easy!

Hope this helps!
I just canceled last week, after I got credit. ;)

Thanks! I finally managed to get thru via phone. Today was my last day to cancel. I was still holding out for the credit (trouble ticket already filed) but I didn't want to cancel until I absolutely had to!!!

krzy4disney02
04-03-2007, 01:15 AM
New to all of this & bumping to keep it close! Thanks for all of the great help everyone!

MyGoofy26
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Just wanted to add this one. You can cancel Scholastic offers online!

I did the Dr. Seuss back in Jan, sent the package back refused and cancelled the account. Apparently they didn't process because I just got charged a 4th time. I got a little lazy and kept forgetting to look into it. I received a letter saying that the package was recieved and the subscription had been cancelled and refunded, but today I checked and yesterday ANOTHER charge when through.

So, deciding this time to keep things in writing instead of over the phone so I had a trail if it keeps going, I was digging around their site and found this page to contact them.

http://scholastic.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/scholastic.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

I gave them all the info about my charges, requested it be cancelled (again, LOL) and within a couple hours had email confirmation that it was cancelled and they processed the refunds. So hopefully it'll show up on my account in a few days.

But wanted to pass along for those of you who like to cancel online, you can do it through customer service emails!

carymomof3
04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Just wanted to add this one. You can cancel Scholastic offers online!

I did the Dr. Seuss back in Jan, sent the package back refused and cancelled the account. Apparently they didn't process because I just got charged a 4th time. I got a little lazy and kept forgetting to look into it. I received a letter saying that the package was recieved and the subscription had been cancelled and refunded, but today I checked and yesterday ANOTHER charge when through.

So, deciding this time to keep things in writing instead of over the phone so I had a trail if it keeps going, I was digging around their site and found this page to contact them.

http://scholastic.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/scholastic.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

I gave them all the info about my charges, requested it be cancelled (again, LOL) and within a couple hours had email confirmation that it was cancelled and they processed the refunds. So hopefully it'll show up on my account in a few days.

But wanted to pass along for those of you who like to cancel online, you can do it through customer service emails!

Thanks so much for posting this!! It was fast and painless - I hate calling! :rotfl:

MyGoofy26
04-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks so much for posting this!! It was fast and painless - I hate calling! :rotfl:

You're very welcome!!

~Kathie
04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Bumping this up. I was looking for this information and found it on page 3.

jollytammy
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I signed up for entertainment weekly for the $9.95 w/automatic renewal. I called to cancel after receiving the first issue (not what I really wanted) using the 800#, and while on the phone I was given a website that I could have used to cancel
www.ew.com/customerservice

I stayed on the phone and canceled. It was very easy, and the operator was nice. :cloud9:

I did not try to cancel the remaining issues and get a refund, I just canceled the automatic renewal. The TOS stated I could cancel and get a full refund for remaining issues, but I did not try to do that, and the operator did not offer that when I said I wanted to cancel my subscription.

Schachteles
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Now I have a question for you...

I am VERY leary of putting my credit card number on these various sites...so what I did with one was used a UNIQUE CC# that PayPal provides me with when I make a charge through them. So it is essentially like a one time use only. So if I use that on these offers, would I have to cancel since they don't have a CC# on me to keep charging? Has anyone tried this??

jollytammy
04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
How do you do that? That would be very nice not to have to use my CC#

ksloane
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
How do you do that? That would be very nice not to have to use my CC#

Yes, please share....I wanna know this too!!

Schachteles
04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Introducing the PayPal Virtual Debit Card - Beta

Concerned about giving out your credit or debit card number online? Wish you could use PayPal in more places?

The answer is here: Download the new PayPal Virtual Debit Card. It generates a virtual card number every time you shop, everywhere you shop – so you never have to give out your credit or debit card number again!

You get all the convenience and security of PayPal, with a special advantage: Now, you can pay with PayPal anywhere MasterCard® is accepted online.

Check out all the benefits:
Fraud Site Alert: Warns you if you land on known or potentially fraudulent websites.
Privacy and 100% Protection: Financial information you provide is never shared with any merchant. And you get 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.

Faster checkout: The Form Fill feature automatically completes shipping and billing details.

Wilsonfamily4
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Concerned about giving out your credit or debit card number online? Wish you could use PayPal in more places?

The answer is here: Download the new PayPal Virtual Debit Card. It generates a virtual card number every time you shop, everywhere you shop – so you never have to give out your credit or debit card number again!

You get all the convenience and security of PayPal, with a special advantage: Now, you can pay with PayPal anywhere MasterCard® is accepted online.

Fraud Site Alert: Warns you if you land on known or potentially fraudulent websites.
Privacy and 100% Protection: Financial information you provide is never shared with any merchant. And you get 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.

Faster checkout: The Form Fill feature automatically completes shipping and billing details.

WOW, I will try that!!!!

jollytammy
04-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you!!! :worship:
That sounds like the perfect solution!!!!pixiedust:

Schachteles
04-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Thank you!!! :worship:
That sounds like the perfect solution!!!!pixiedust:

That is kinda what I am thinking. because to my understanding it is a one time only thing, so that CC# shouldn't be able to be used again!?!

ksloane
04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
How do I get to this on paypal's website. I'm logged in but not finding it.... I'm sure I'm looking right at it, but not seeing it. :confused3

ksloane
04-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Aahhh...Think I found it. It was in the Security Center.

Schachteles
04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I think you are right there. I am not sure if you have to have the debit card linked to your balance in order to get it to work, but it is a cool feature. And I REALLY like not having to give out my CC# to anyone on the web.

Schachteles
04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Okay, I know there are a few of us dis'ers out there that are doing QR, SR, CR, TT (and the list goes on) and want to know which of the offers are easy to cancel. Calling to cancel just makes us nervous. So I was thinking we start a thread that lets us all know which ones we can cancel online. Like I just saw that Cinema Now can be canceled online. So if we had a thread to help us we could make money but also feel more comfortable. :) Anyone else up for this?

So we have so far ALL can be canceled online:
1. Cinema Now
2. Blockbuster
3. Official Nascar
4. Privacy Matters
5. Gamefly
6. Efax-- A live chat button online
7. Passport to Fun--Okay it's not online but it was an automatic phone call with no live person BUT BE CAREFUL you will have to cancel savingssmart as well, even if you don't want to join it. So call both to cancel. Sneaky sneaky
8. Silvertag--THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
9. ShoppingJobs.com --at QR right now---THROUGH PAYPAL MY FAVORITE
10. OfficialAuctioneers
11. Gotta Play
12. Health Care Plan
13. Realty Trac
14. The Grant Assistant-- takes a little bit of effort to cancel but does work

You say for the Passport to Fun you have to cancel Smartsavings too...is there a seperate number that you need to call for that?? Because I have 1-800-999-0557 to call.

THANKS

Schachteles
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I just did a Live Chat with Essential Living (Sleep-Aid Prescription Strength, All Natural)...went smooth. Nothing like getting paid $11 to spend $5.95.

And as everyone knows you can do the eFax...I just did that one too.

Winston1204
04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
This one can't be canceled on-line...but it's VERY easy to cancel over the phone!!

For any of you that use Cash Duck, I signed up for the Men's Health Trainer 10 day Free Trial, got credited immediately, and then canceled. It's very simple to cancel. You can call them at 1-866-710-5054 and they just ask you for the User Name you signed up under, and they ask you to verify your name. It literally took me about a 1 minute phone call to cancel, and it got me $12 in credits!!

Hedy
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
This one can't be canceled on-line...but it's VERY easy to cancel over the phone!!

For any of you that use Cash Duck, I signed up for the Men's Health Trainer 10 day Free Trial, got credited immediately, and then canceled. It's very simple to cancel. You can call them at 1-866-710-5054 and they just ask you for the User Name you signed up under, and they ask you to verify your name. It literally took me about a 1 minute phone call to cancel, and it got me $12 in credits!!

Actually, while you technically *can't" cancel online, I was able to e-mail them and request to be cancelled, as I could not reach them while there call center is open.

Winston1204
04-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Actually, while you technically *can't" cancel online, I was able to e-mail them and request to be cancelled, as I could not reach them while there call center is open.

I wish I had known that before!! I signed up for it on Saturday so the Call Center wasn't open so I waited until today to call. Even though it was easy to cancel over the phone, it would have been nice to just send an e-mail!

Schachteles
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
I tried to go online today to cancel the OfficialAuctions.com/OfficialAuctioneers.com and it kept telling me that there was an error but they have been notified that I want to cancel. So I called and tried to cancel and they can't find my information :confused3 guess I just have to hope that they did get it...I use my PP Virtual Card, so they couldn't charge me again, but I am trying to be a good person and at least cancel it.

mary mayhem
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Be careful about that with trial periods that last 7 days or 2 weeks.

I found this information on another board:

Numbers stay active for a month or so. Works with most major online retailers, highly recommended.

It may be best to get temp numbers from your credit card company for only a set amount.

/newbie who watches. (:

Schachteles
05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah I am starting to find some loop holes with their system...so now I have switched to the Simon Gift Cards.

mary mayhem
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
ok, it won't let me link because my post count is too low, but google "How can I get some disposable credit card numbers to use online?" and it'll come up under ask metafilter or whatever.

Schachteles
05-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Good to know. The gift card thing will work out great too.

chocovrdmicears
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
so the paypal virtual cc # that they issue will remain 'useable' for a month?:scared:

Schachteles
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
so the paypal virtual cc # that they issue will remain 'useable' for a month?:scared:

I called about it and I cannot get a clear answer about it...they told me the other day that likely when we put charges on they put on "pending" things that might not show up and so then those can go through.

mary mayhem
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM

I'm afraid so.

also RE: Passports to Fun and similar places. I've done about 3-4 offers like these for points on another site, the points come in quickly. Be careful when you call the passports to fun automated system to cancel. You will click to cancel and it will offer you a yearly subscription instead. Don't press 1 to choose that, just wait about 5-15 seconds until the cancel option comes up again. It's easy, but sneaky.

Generally:
Call number, enter info: (mem #, cc # or phone #)
Press 1
Press 1
wait (this is where they try to get you to "cancel" a monthly membership, and join yearly)
press 2 to hear other options (it will say what they are, it will offer cancel)
cancel
confirm - enter zip#

Also, when I did the other ones (the ones with the + at the end and offered a $25 gift card), since I had already entered for the first one (passports) it gave me this msg:

Please verify the following information before we continue with your request.

* Please enter a valid credit card number.
* We're sorry. Your request cannot be processed.
Please contact Membership Services at the toll-free number or e-mail address listed on the Contact Us page. (5950)

(the credit card info was right, btw)

However, I was still credited. (this was on ipodsweepstakes, though, but I'm hoping it works here too.)

I couldn't tell if it "really" didn't go through, so I was paranoid and called anyway. Oh, looks like I have to cancel those too! eek!

Anyway, numbers I've accumulated for cancel:

Today's Escapes+ - 1-800-798-0664 (automated)
Passport to Fun+ - 1-888-999-0557 (automated)
SavingSmartSM - 1-800-316-8774 (easier online but you can confirm again by calling - automated- must have membership #) savingsmart dot com
At Home Rewards+ - 1-877-636-6858 (automated)
Valuemax - 1-888-205-2257 (automated)

hth! :woohoo:

LisaNJ25
05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm afraid so.

also RE: Passports to Fun and similar places. I've done about 3-4 offers like these for points on another site, the points come in quickly. Be careful when you call the passports to fun automated system to cancel. You will click to cancel and it will offer you a yearly subscription instead. Don't press 1 to choose that, just wait about 5-15 seconds until the cancel option comes up again. It's easy, but sneaky.

Generally:
Call number, enter info: (mem #, cc # or phone #)
Press 1
Press 1
wait (this is where they try to get you to "cancel" a monthly membership, and join yearly)
press 2 to hear other options (it will say what they are, it will offer cancel)
cancel
confirm - enter zip#

Also, when I did the other ones (the ones with the + at the end and offered a $25 gift card), since I had already entered for the first one (passports) it gave me this msg:

(the credit card info was right, btw)

However, I was still credited. (this was on ipodsweepstakes, though, but I'm hoping it works here too.)

I couldn't tell if it "really" didn't go through, so I was paranoid and called anyway. Oh, looks like I have to cancel those too! eek!

Anyway, numbers I've accumulated for cancel:

Today's Escapes+ - 1-800-798-0664 (automated)
Passport to Fun+ - 1-888-999-0557 (automated)
SavingSmartSM - 1-800-316-8774 (easier online but you can confirm again by calling - automated- must have membership #) savingsmart dot com
At Home Rewards+ - 1-877-636-6858 (automated)
Valuemax - 1-888-205-2257 (automated)

hth! :woohoo:

Yes, Even if you get that message on top check your credit cards.. mine still all went through.. It than takes about 2 days to get the email with your account number.

mary mayhem
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes, Even if you get that message on top check your credit cards.. mine still all went through.. It than takes about 2 days to get the email with your account number.

You mean the "didn't go through call us blahblahblah" msg or did they charge you even after you canceled?

Ugh, I hope it all got canceled right. I didn't get a confirmation number from any except savingsmartsm.

As far as the membership # goes, it will give you your membership # on the automated system when you call to cancel after you give them your phone number -except savingsmartsm, but that was on the confirm page. I don't think they charged me for that again because iirc they said I couldn't "re-join" for a trial again. Ugh. Who knows. I guess we'll see. (I love my privatephone :goodvibes )

I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure they canceled. Thanks for the info!

LisaNJ25
05-02-2007, 05:00 PM
You mean the "didn't go through call us blahblahblah" msg or did they charge you even after you canceled?

Ugh, I hope it all got canceled right. I didn't get a confirmation number from any except savingsmartsm.

As far as the membership # goes, it will give you your membership # on the automated system when you call to cancel after you give them your phone number -except savingsmartsm, but that was on the confirm page. I don't think they charged me for that again because iirc they said I couldn't "re-join" for a trial again. Ugh. Who knows. I guess we'll see. (I love my privatephone :goodvibes )

I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure they canceled. Thanks for the info!

no.. i ment even though i got that message i was still charge the $1.00 and signed up.

Becare*** canceling right away.. I always wait a few days into the trial membership before I cancel. SR has a message about them possibly reversing credit if you do that.

Wilsonfamily4
05-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Okay back to the topic
Has anyone found any good offers to cancel online? Either through the account or through paypal?

jollytammy
05-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to search..but anyway...

I cancelled sleep rite (essential living) by online chat. It took forever....but I just sat and read a book while I waited. I didn't get a confirmation # or a copy of the chat, but I am suppose to get an email. Hopefully, this will have gone correctly!

LisaNJ25
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Ok, sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to search..but anyway...

I cancelled sleep rite (essential living) by online chat. It took forever....but I just sat and read a book while I waited. I didn't get a confirmation # or a copy of the chat, but I am suppose to get an email. Hopefully, this will have gone correctly!

how long did it take you to get credit from this from SR?

azgal81
05-12-2007, 05:35 PM
QR realtystore.com is another cancel online it's $1 to sign up (yes they only charged my prepaid $1) you get paid $7 just cancel online through my account. I also rec'd credit right away.

Hannahsmom
05-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Same here......from the time I connected to a cust. serv. rep. I was able to unload the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, wipe off counters, empty and clean coffee pot out, microwave lunch, eat lunch, check and clean out email and surf the Dis. Unbelievable how long that took!

Wilsonfamily4
05-12-2007, 06:04 PM
QR realtystore.com is another cancel online it's $1 to sign up (yes they only charged my prepaid $1) you get paid $7 just cancel online through my account. I also rec'd credit right away.

Hey thanks, i will have to try that one!!

Well I signed up for realtystore this morning. We'll see how this one goes for me. This is the firt CC offer in a long time that I have done. :) But I like the easy cancel ones

Wilsonfamily4
05-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Bumping, any new ones. If you are new to this thread check out the first post as it has 16 offers. Some may be old but I added the realystore to it today. Looking for new ones to add.

MrSanderz
05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
QR has foreclosure.com in the free trials section. Online cancellation and they sent me a confirmation e-mail immediately. It also credited in about 20 minutes.

Trixiezzz
05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I did CD's HudHomesNow and when I called to cancel I had to wait over 20 minutes just to get an operator. When I finally got through the operator was helpful with cancelling, but did keep trying to get me to stay on ~ even though I never found any homes in my entire zip code! Why would I want to keep it???

Anyway, if you do that one, just have some time set aside: and don't wait till the last day of your trial if you don't have LOTS of time! lol.:)

LorieR
05-19-2007, 07:04 AM
QR has foreclosure.com in the free trials section. Online cancellation and they sent me a confirmation e-mail immediately. It also credited in about 20 minutes.

Thanks for this one!! I just signed up and was credited by QR in a minute or two!! :cool1:

Wilsonfamily4
05-21-2007, 02:47 PM
updated to add foreclosure

MrSanderz
05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
2 more online cancellations....
emusic.com- You pay $.99 for 75 music downloads for a month. CD paid $6 on this though I did have to file non-credit request and was paid about 5 days later.
yourmusic.com -I did this offer on CD also.

bartleby1
05-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I may have missed it in this thread so forgive me if this is a repeat. I did a search and it didn't come up, but the search isn't always accurate.

The Doba offer on QR can be cancelled online. It is a free offer but requires a credit card. QR is offering $4.50. It is a 7 day free trial.

HTH!

LorieR
05-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Just bumping this up because I am a chicken and really need this info!! :rotfl2:

LorieR
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I may have missed it in this thread so forgive me if this is a repeat. I did a search and it didn't come up, but the search isn't always accurate.

The Doba offer on QR can be cancelled online. It is a free offer but requires a credit card. QR is offering $4.50. It is a 7 day free trial.

HTH!

Thanks! I did this one yesterday, got credited almost immediately through QR, and canceled by e-mail!

Prescious
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Anybody knows if shoppingjobs.com has a phone number?
Also, this trial with shoppingjobs.com is a 3day trial and it uses paypal
I just want to make sure that if I am not satisfied, I just want to be able to make sure that I will be able to cancel shoppingjobs.com in 2days. So does anybody knows shoppingjobs.com phone number or hasanyone done the shoppingjobs.com offer and cancelled?

azgal81
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Anybody knows if shoppingjobs.com has a phone number?
Also, this trial with shoppingjobs.com is a 3day trial and it uses paypal
I just want to make sure that if I am not satisfied, I just want to be able to make sure that I will be able to cancel shoppingjobs.com in 2days. So does anybody knows shoppingjobs.com phone number or hasanyone done the shoppingjobs.com offer and cancelled?

You cancel shopping jobs online through your paypal account. It's really easy!

Toby'sFriend
06-10-2007, 04:52 PM
bumping this up - I was looking for it today and finally found it buried wayyyyyyy back.

M 'n C
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Just wanted to throw in that Tickle offers can be cancelled online. I don't think any are around right now but they tend to come and go regularly.