PDA

View Full Version : Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

Pages : [1] 2

myprincessgirlisa
01-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Anyone want to get fit for their fairytale wedding/vow renewal??

I do!!

Im not the size I was 10years ago & I want to look darn good on my 10yr anniversary.

Im not gonna make any unrealistic goals, but I want to be in shape & healthy regardless of what pant size I am.

Any DB out there who needs support, tips, encouragement, etc....lets try to do a weekly goal for anyone who wants to be involved to help them with stress, weightloss, overall health,etc..(we're gonna take it slow)

I could use some....I get lazy & a little kick would be good

Starting Monday:
If you want to begin, my 1st advice would be to:
Add 1 more glass of water to your day
If you dont, take a multivitamin
If you work @ a place with stairs, do 1 flight everyday
Do a facial mask sometime this week
Park a little farther away from the entrance & walk
Try to have a side salad with lunch/dinner before you eat the big meal.

Lets hear more, Im interested to hear what some of you have to say

Question: anyone do desk excercises? I need something to do while sitting all day at my desk at work..any ideas??

If this post doesn't take off...oh well, maybe someone will get inspired.
WE CAN ALL DO IT...PAST & PRESENT BRIDES
:cheer2: :yay: :grouphug:

Maggimus
01-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Ive already had my DFTW but ill join in on the fun....

Count me in..
(although my horribly thing with salads is completely smearing them in Ranch dressing... ill have to cut that out i guess..:scared: )

prince&princess
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
We are planning a DFTW for 08. Im ashamed to say that since weve been together being taken out to dinner too much and too many takeaways has caused me to put on just over 4 stone!!! I am desperate to get back to the size I was for our wedding. I have lost just over a stone since new year and along with what I lost before xmas I have lost a total of 1 stone 10lbs. I have a long way to go but I have really set my mind to it and truly believe I can do it. I have complete respect and support for anyone else that has or is trying to lose weight, its so easy to put it on and so hard to lose it again.

ohmersgirl
01-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi! I've been watching this board for awhile now, but not planning a DFTW (yet!) :rolleyes1 But, I do enjoy living vicariously through all of these other weddings! popcorn:: (and have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years, so cross your fingers for me!) Anywho, my point to this reply is, something that one of my co-workers and I started doing (she was getting married), is take 30 minutes out of our lunch to go outside and walk. We work at a major university, so there's tons of sidewalk to follow, but we worked really hard at sticking to it no matter what the weather was (and we live in Michigan..it gets COLD here!) That's what really helped us!

jasnal
01-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Something that has really helped me is trying to eat fruits when i have a sweet tooth, drink lots of water, exercise regularly, and put small portions on my plate rather than tons of food!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Good idea about the walking....I need better discipline

Heres another tip for brides to be....

go to the makeup counters at department stores & get free makeovers...& do it during thier gift specials....I got them from estee lauder, lancome, clinique...& I got great deals with lots of freebies & good ideas for makeup on the big day....I think I almost had one makeup item from each counter...:lmao:

It was fun too

Some require appointments

ohmersgirl
01-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Good idea about the walking....I need better discipline

Heres another tip for brides to be....

go to the makeup counters at department stores & get free makeovers...& do it during thier gift specials....I got them from estee lauder, lancome, clinique...& I got great deals with lots of freebies & good ideas for makeup on the big day....I think I almost had one makeup item from each counter...:lmao:

It was fun too

Some require appointments

For the wedding that I was in this last fall (and for that matter the one the fall prior as well), we actually had our make-up done the day of the wedding at the makeup counter. Getting it done was free, and all they really expect is you to buy something (which most people do for touch-ups through the day). Just an add on tip!

dznystar
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
The 30 minute walk each sounds great. I'm going to try my best to work it in. I need a serious boost of confidence. I've only got just over 4 months until the big day, and I can't really stay focused. You would think that trying to fit into your gown would be enough motivation, but apparently it's not working for me.

myprincessgirlisa
01-25-2007, 07:47 PM
you can do it.....we all can do it.....

Infact while Im sitting here typing, Im on my balance ball swaying my lower half to music....better than just sitting there & its good for posture...

just incorporate little things & in no time you'll see/feel the effects

remember...healthy bride/not quick to get thin...cause that route only makes you look bad(bags under eyes, pale skin, thinning hair, fatigue.......4 months is plenty of time...YOU CAN DO IT & WE'LL SUPPORT YOU:rotfl:

Pooh_Friend#1
01-26-2007, 09:22 AM
I want to join. I am wanting to lose a total of 20 pounds before my wedding. Lucky for me I have over a year to lose that weight, but starting slow and turning it into a routine every day will help me lose for the year.

I have started by drinking a glass of hot green tea (no sugar!!!), drinking at least 64 oz a day of water, and going to a dancers workout class once a week every week. I am hoping to bump that up to 2 times a week starting next week. I also want to take the stairs all the time at work but I keep forgetting. :( Thanks for reminding me about the multi-vitamin as I always forget and I just took it after reading this!!!! I am also trying to park a little wys away from the store so I have to walk further (and protect my car!!!)

Raspberry Bubbles
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm running one mile three times a week and swimming at least twice a week now - I too gained FOUR stone since meeting DF nearly 6 years ago. I am so worried about my wedding pictures, but have 18 months to get rid of it.

Also, being a teacher, there is always some temptation in our way in the staffroom. I have made sure I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch - after only two weeks it has had an impact on my asthma - I have attacks less frequently already!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-26-2007, 01:55 PM
rasberry bubbles.....I have asthma too....& the more I work out , the better my lungs feel...so i know what your feeling.

I have my 1st personal training session at Ballys tomorrow. It was free with a pack I got from the mall that had a Discovery Health Channel event.
Curious to see what happens...I also get 8weeks free...better take advantage of it while i can

Has everyone had their 6-8 glasses of water today.....its good for your skin too:goodvibes

Raspberry Bubbles
01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
rasberry bubbles.....I have asthma too....& the more I work out , the better my lungs feel...so i know what your feeling.

I have my 1st personal training session at Ballys tomorrow. It was free with a pack I got from the mall that had a Discovery Health Channel event.
Curious to see what happens...I also get 8weeks free...better take advantage of it while i can

Has everyone had their 6-8 glasses of water today.....its good for your skin too:goodvibes

I'm glad to have found a fellow asthma sufferer! Yes, I feel much healthier now that I breathe more freely!

Good luck with your PT - I had one when I wanted to get fit years ago, and he was great. I felt completely at ease with him. I think that's what you have to look for in a trainer - there's no point in having someone that you're embarrassed to show your wobbly bits to and say "I want to get rid of this!".

I can't wait to hear how you get on!

Maddiesmum03
01-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Count me in too please!
We are planning a May 2008 wedding at SBP,and I want to, no NEED to lose at least 4 stone (56lb) by then, if not more. I hate the way I look in photos at the moment and I'm not going to look like this in my wedding photos!
I also have 2 more vacations to look forward to - we are cruising the Med this May, then in Nov we are cruising on the Disney Magic, so I am going to set myself 3 target weights -even though I know I will put a bit back on each cruise LOL.
I started dieting last week, and I have also started finally using a couple of Workout DVDs I had last birthday- I don't know about anyone else but I really hate jumping around with an audience - I feel such an idiot, and a fat wobbly idiot at that! perhaps this time next year I will be so slim and fit I won't mind who's watching!
I have lost 6lb this first week and I do at least feel motivated - I am determined to be a size 14 or less ( US 10 ) by next May

Raspberry Bubbles
01-26-2007, 06:04 PM
It must be the average weight that we gain when we get happy - 4 stone! I've given up trying to "diet" as I know that if I think of it as that then I'll feel depressed automatically :( I'm just trying to exercise more, and eat well 80% of the time and try not to worry about the other 20% of the time ;)

6lbs this week? WELL DONE!!! You sound like you're really making progress! I wish that was me......!

alauniira
01-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I know how you all feel. I just had my second child and I have about 50lbs to lose before our wedding next May. I am just starting to try to be better. I gave up ice tea and soda and am working on my exercise routine.

Raspberry Bubbles
01-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I know how you all feel. I just had my second child and I have about 50lbs to lose before our wedding next May. I am just starting to try to be better. I gave up ice tea and soda and am working on my exercise routine.

Oh, I know JUST how you feel - giving up tea here in England is really hard. We seem to use it as a cute for everything in my family. Although I do love green tea, I love black tea with milk even more. I'm trying though - It's just soooooo hard!

happilyeverafter07
01-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Count me in for getting fit for the wedding! Ours is in July, so I'm already counting down the months. I've started using sparkpeople.com (found it on another post), and it's really helpful if you're trying to track what you eat and how often you work out. I've found that knowing I will be recording what I eat really makes me think twice about eating those extra treats when I'm not hungry.

I've also started doing tae-bo twice a week - hoping to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. We can do it! :yay:

Thanks for starting this post. :)

Raspberry Bubbles
01-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Count me in for getting fit for the wedding! Ours is in July, so I'm already counting down the months. I've started using sparkpeople.com (found it on another post), and it's really helpful if you're trying to track what you eat and how often you work out. I've found that knowing I will be recording what I eat really makes me think twice about eating those extra treats when I'm not hungry.

I've also started doing tae-bo twice a week - hoping to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. We can do it! :yay:

Thanks for starting this post. :)

Well done and congratulations! Wow - with Tae-Bo you'll be SUPER fit! I've just been out with my huskies - they're going to become my own personal trainers, ha ha. I'm going to check out that site you recommend too - it sounds ideal!!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
tea drinkers...try green tea ....its supposedly helps in the weight loss process..& if you dont like the taste...they have flavored green teas!!

Its great to hear that you guys are exctied & ready to start.

I was really sore from the balance ball sit ups...so I took a break, but tomorrow...IM READY!!!!

:rotfl:

Raspberry Bubbles
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
tea drinkers...try green tea ....its supposedly helps in the weight loss process..& if you dont like the taste...they have flavored green teas!!

Its great to hear that you guys are exctied & ready to start.

I was really sore from the balance ball sit ups...so I took a break, but tomorrow...IM READY!!!!

Yes, it really DOES work - dehydrates you much less than black tea, and it's really nice if you get fresh green tea from Japanese stores - it smells soooooo good!

Well done on your balance ball workout - I am about to start crunches :( Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!! I just keep thinking "wedding photos, wedding photos...."!

Pooh_Friend#1
01-29-2007, 08:26 AM
I was trying to be so good this weekend, but I got sick and am craving mac and cheese. I may need to have the for dinner tonight, that is the only thing I can eat when I don't feel well.

ohmersgirl
01-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I was trying to be so good this weekend, but I got sick and am craving mac and cheese. I may need to have the for dinner tonight, that is the only thing I can eat when I don't feel well.

I'm not sure if you make the mac and cheese from scratch, but Kraft has the box (shells and cheese) that is 2% milk cheese instead of the full fat kind. Still tastes the same, IMO. Its the small changes like that, that add up in the end. Just a tip :)

Summer-Caitlin
01-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Well as you can see from my ticker, I too am trying to lose weight. When my fiance and I got together I was a whole 4 stone lighter (ditto to some other DB's) The weight slowly went on and I have no idea where the hell I was cause I didn't notice it.
I have PCOS so losing the weight is more difficult and when Christmas came I put on another 8 pounds:mad: I am now back to what my ticker says, thankfully and am well on the way to losing the weight again. I have lost 8 pounds since the 2nd week in January, YAY!!
I am having a carrot and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch with some chicken or tuna and a healthy dinner such as fish/chicken and loads of veg.
I have cut out bread Mon-Fri and allow myself a treat on Saturday. I drink 8 glasses of water per day. I walk 45 minutes every day and have just started using my elliptical trainer for 15 min everyday. I do my exercise DVD's 3 times a week (Tae-Bo, Hip Hop Dancing and Salsa). I do 200 sit ups a day, 50 press ups, 60 leg raises and 100 twists. I also bought a dance mat which hooks up to my computer and I use that for an hour at the weekend.
On the subject of skincare, I give myself a full facial every weekend, use fake tan which doubles up as a moisturiser;) and I will, I will get up the courage to get waxed!!!

So that's it, my thing, it's working at present. I hope to exercise more when I lose more weight, cause I need to tone up.

Congrats to everyone so far on their progress, it ain't easy.

Pooh_Friend#1
01-29-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure if you make the mac and cheese from scratch, but Kraft has the box (shells and cheese) that is 2% milk cheese instead of the full fat kind. Still tastes the same, IMO. Its the small changes like that, that add up in the end. Just a tip :)
Thanks for the tip. I only make box mac and cheese and have been using skim milk and half the butter they state to use. I love the Velveeta shells and cheese...I haven't looked at the calories or fat content....I am too afraid!!

Pooh_Friend#1
01-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I will get up the courage to get waxed!!!

I have a very low pain tolerance and I got waxed more than once. It is a lot less painful then what you imagine. I am a baby when it comes to needles and a flu shot, but waxing was just a little bit of pain but soooo worth it.

ohmersgirl
01-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. I only make box mac and cheese and have been using skim milk and half the butter they state to use. I love the Velveeta shells and cheese...I haven't looked at the calories or fat content....I am too afraid!!

I just tried to find the nutritional content online, but I'm not having any luck. I know with the 2% it cuts the fat in roughly half, and the calories by about 20% or so...maybe??

myprincessgirlisa
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
summer caitilin......you have quite a routine...wow....after seeing your post, I think Im gonna kick up my workout....thats great, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK:cool1:

I love shells & cheese too girls, I eat it every so often, but great idea on skim/lowfat milk & less butter..thatll help;)

A personal trainer told me this weekend that the key to weight loss is high protein...that it helps increase metabolism along with cardio & strength training...:yay:

Im trying to start a new way of thinking....stop spending $$$ on unhealthy food & save it for WDW & DFTW...It helps I keep a photo of something WDW/DFTW in my purse, so everytime I go for $$ I see it & rethink my purchse...Save for WDW/DFTW!!!
:cheer2:
I hope you all had a good weekend...keep it up!!!!!!

DisneyFairy19
01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi My wedding is next year and I would love to join... I would like to get down to what I use to be when we started dating.... I need to look good in my dress... SO COUNT ME IN:cheer2:

happilyeverafter07
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
WOW summer caitilin, keep up the great work! Your routine sounds awesome. :banana:

I just bought a scale yesterday, and the diet/exercise plan is working! I have been doing the routine of around 1500-1600 calories a day, tae-bo twice a week, and moderate walking every day (I walk about a 3/4 of a mile each day roundtrip to/from work), and so far I have lost 6 pounds! My pants feel a looser too. So it really does work! :goodvibes

To cut calories, I've been trying to substitute some "healthy" options for what I normally eat (although a girl cannot live on lettuce alone!). For example, I had grilled cheese Saturday, and instead of using butter on the bread we used a new non-fat spray butter that has 0 calories - and it tasted the same as always! I highly recommend it for popcorn and cooking. And I now keep a 32 oz Nalgene bottle at my desk. I try to drink it before lunch and then fill it up again to drink before I leave work. It's been pretty easy to do so far, and the easiest way I have found to drink 8 glasses of water. I love these new Crystal light lemonade to-go and Lipton iced tea to-go pouches that you can add to water to make it taste better (only 5-10 calories - definitely worth it for me!). And the 100 calorie packs of chips and cookies have become a lifesaver as well!

I went shopping this weekend and got some weights and other materials, so I'm going to try to start some strength training this week. I got the Buff Brides book, and I highly recommend it. Very motivational and the exercises make sense and don't seem too complicated. I will let you know how it goes. :)

We can do it! Keep up the good work everyone!

Belle1981
01-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok ladies count me in! I want to lose 30-35 pounds before the wedding next year. I have joined Weight watchers, I have started taking a multivitamin and exercise like one of the DISers with salsa aerobics (the only way you can get me to workout that hard was adding Salsa at the front!)
I am actually lighter than when I met DF BUT a lot heavier than I used to be. I want to get into the wedding dress and REALLY WOW him! To all the other brides WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Raspberry Bubbles
01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
WOW summer caitilin, keep up the great work! Your routine sounds awesome. :banana:

I just bought a scale yesterday, and the diet/exercise plan is working! I have been doing the routine of around 1500-1600 calories a day, tae-bo twice a week, and moderate walking every day (I walk about a 3/4 of a mile each day roundtrip to/from work), and so far I have lost 6 pounds! My pants feel a looser too. So it really does work! :goodvibes

To cut calories, I've been trying to substitute some "healthy" options for what I normally eat (although a girl cannot live on lettuce alone!). For example, I had grilled cheese Saturday, and instead of using butter on the bread we used a new non-fat spray butter that has 0 calories - and it tasted the same as always! I highly recommend it for popcorn and cooking. And I now keep a 32 oz Nalgene bottle at my desk. I try to drink it before lunch and then fill it up again to drink before I leave work. It's been pretty easy to do so far, and the easiest way I have found to drink 8 glasses of water. I love these new Crystal light lemonade to-go and Lipton iced tea to-go pouches that you can add to water to make it taste better (only 5-10 calories - definitely worth it for me!). And the 100 calorie packs of chips and cookies have become a lifesaver as well!

I went shopping this weekend and got some weights and other materials, so I'm going to try to start some strength training this week. I got the Buff Brides book, and I highly recommend it. Very motivational and the exercises make sense and don't seem too complicated. I will let you know how it goes. :)

We can do it! Keep up the good work everyone!

Everyone is doing soooo well! My work colleague said today that she thought that I had lost some weight! :) I would say to be careful about the "low calorie" items - check the fat and the sugar content too :)

Summer-Caitlin, your workout sounds awesome - when are you getting married? :) You'll be in great shape! I too have the four stone to loose :( Be careful with your exercise that you don't burnout. My best friend was the Physical Trainer at Sandhurst for the British Army and he's always warning me about that. I also got so addicted to exercise once that I was nearly running myself into the ground, literally. I guess I'm lucky in that I have 18 months to get my weight down!

Anyway, it's really, REALLY nice to have people to talk about my spare tyres instead of moaning at DF all of the time!!!!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Im so glad to hear the enthusiathum from all of you.

I am trying to avoid our kitchen at work today....lots of sweets for someones b day...i took a small piece of the cinnamon creme cake, but that was it & now Im downing alot of water.

Guess I'll be doing extra sit ups tonight

Welcome to the new DB.....

Everyone is doing soooo well! My work colleague said today that she thought that I had lost some weight!
Awesome Raspberry bubbles!!!!!!!

I got down to 1 pop a day mon-fri!!!!
I used to be a 7-11 super double gulp girl & thats like 6+cans in one drink!!!!!
I really dont miss it...except I got caffine withdrawl...ouch!!

Next off my list......cheese...ok not off, but cut way back:laughing:

Raspberry Bubbles
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Cheese - hmmmm - giving that up is TOOOOO hard. It's so nice!

Well done from resisting the sweeties - I had fruit and nuts today, and kept out of the staff room!:surfweb:

jasnal
01-29-2007, 01:56 PM
To help me keep in shape I am running in the Music City Marathon in TN with my friend....I am working at building up my miles by running everyday. I ran 6 today!!!! I am also taking a spin class 3 times a week, weightlifting with a personal trainer, and taking an abs class!!! I am determined to be a fit bride!!

Raspberry Bubbles
01-29-2007, 02:02 PM
6 miles - you go girl! I am so pleased for you. I can't wait to build my miles up!:cool1:

myprincessgirlisa
01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I wish i could afford a personal trainer....after my visit saturday i realized Im on my own, but really I already seem to know what I need to do...But having a trainer does give you that extra kick.

Im on my 5 glass of water today & still drinking

I cant wait to get home & work out....& if i get lazy, I'll just look at a bridal magazine with those trim girls & that'll get me going;)

Pooh_Friend#1
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Ladies - If you add fresh lemon to a warm glass of water, it will help wash away the sodium from foods. Doing this alone has helped me lose 1-2 pounds per week.

Raspberry Bubbles
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I knew it was good for you - but 1-2 lbs per week! I'm right back on that in the morning!

On the subject of personal trainers, my SIL shouts "wedding dress!!!" every time I think of stopping on a run, ha ha.

Bubbley4Disney
01-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Oh, I know JUST how you feel - giving up tea here in England is really hard. We seem to use it as a cute for everything in my family. Although I do love green tea, I love black tea with milk even more. I'm trying though - It's just soooooo hard!
What about Marmite and toast? I did weight watchers once and spent a whole days worth of points just on my butter and toast w/ Marm! LOL I still need to lose 35 lbs UGH hard to see that in black and white- for our DCL in Sept... giving up PG tips has been easier then giving up toast... for me...

Raspberry Bubbles
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Mmmm - toast! I have to try really hard not to eat that - especially when it's raining here and I just want to snuggle up on the sofa and eat lots and lots and lots and lots and..... you see my problem..... ha ha

Pooh_Friend#1
01-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Okay here is a 3 day diet that has worked for me and my parents. I lost 5 pounds, my dad lost 8 pounds and my mom lost 6 pounds. You have to follow it exactly, no cheating...but c'mon it's only 3 days. You can do it for longer but they suggest to add a multivitamin and 200 more calories. There is also a cookbook out that has different recipes.

Upon Rising: 8 oz of water mixed with 2 tsp of lemon juice OR apple cider vinegar.

Breakfast: 1 egg plus 3 egg whites cooked in 1/2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil, top eggs with 2 Tbls spicy salsa; 3/4 cup oats, 1/2 tsp maple syrup, dash of cinnamon.

Coffee break: 8 oz skim latte or warm fat-free milk with a dash of cinnamon; 1 small apple

Lunch: 3 cups mixed salad, 3oz chicken breast or tuna, dressing: 1/2 tsp olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Season to taste...think hot peppers.

Snack: 8 oz low sodium tomato juice with 3 shakes of Tabasco; 1 stalk celery

Predinner: 8oz water mixed with 2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Dinner: 4oz salmon, tuna or chicken breast with 1 Tblsp spice rub and cooked in 1/2 tsp coconut oil; 2 cups broccoli or green beans; 1/2 cup brown rice or small sweet potato.

Snack: 6 almonds or walnut halves.

* You MUST drink at least 8 cups of water or green tea every day.

myprincessgirlisa
01-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow what a plan....Its worth a try if it works & it sounds like it does!!!

I need to go get green tea...right now I have mint tea

my sit ups are paying off....tummy is looking good

Now for you girls getting married this spring...start to pay attention to those little toes...moisturize them & keep those nails in shape. Spring is right around the corner.
Dont forget to break in those shoes to avoid painful blisters:thumbsup2

on my 2nd glass of water today!!!

Earlier someone talked about grilled chesse....if you want to have even less oil/butter on the bread, cook it on a george forman grill. It needs no oil & cooks it laster & no pan to clean, just wipe the grill down with a paper towel. I love my GFG I cook everything on it & it really helps reduce fat!!!!

Lets try to set a goal of 3 sets of 5 situps every day for 2 weeks & then everyone report in & lets hear about the results & then bump it up

also, for all you DB with strapless or sleeveless dresses, dont forget about those arms.....the arms can be worked on anytime, even if your watching tv...just grab a weight(or can of food) & do some lifts with them(all types) and try to do as many as you can...feel the burn & you know its working....lets see who can do the most!!!!!!!

Keep it up girls!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

Raspberry Bubbles
01-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Ahhhh - the George Forman grill. I have the most huge one I could find. It does me proud! I am trying to resist eating a nice cookie at the moment, with a big cup of black tea.... help me! :headache:

myprincessgirlisa
01-30-2007, 11:18 AM
DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!

you can do it!!!

Think FTW dress..FTW dress....FTW dress

:woohoo:

Raspberry Bubbles
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
It's so hard myprincessgirlisa......! There are hot cross buns everywhere now! I'm off to the Supermarket tonight to buy some more fruit and veg - and try and avoid the cookie aisles!

I worked out that by dropping 1lb per week, that's quite a large amount of weight! I just need to stay on track - and get myself into gear!

Maddiesmum03
01-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Well as you can see from my ticker, I too am trying to lose weight. When my fiance and I got together I was a whole 4 stone lighter (ditto to some other DB's) The weight slowly went on and I have no idea where the hell I was cause I didn't notice it.
I have PCOS so losing the weight is more difficult and when Christmas came I put on another 8 pounds:mad: I am now back to what my ticker says, thankfully and am well on the way to losing the weight again. I have lost 8 pounds since the 2nd week in January, YAY!!
I am having a carrot and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch with some chicken or tuna and a healthy dinner such as fish/chicken and loads of veg.
I have cut out bread Mon-Fri and allow myself a treat on Saturday. I drink 8 glasses of water per day. I walk 45 minutes every day and have just started using my elliptical trainer for 15 min everyday. I do my exercise DVD's 3 times a week (Tae-Bo, Hip Hop Dancing and Salsa). I do 200 sit ups a day, 50 press ups, 60 leg raises and 100 twists. I also bought a dance mat which hooks up to my computer and I use that for an hour at the weekend.
On the subject of skincare, I give myself a full facial every weekend, use fake tan which doubles up as a moisturiser;) and I will, I will get up the courage to get waxed!!!

So that's it, my thing, it's working at present. I hope to exercise more when I lose more weight, cause I need to tone up.

Congrats to everyone so far on their progress, it ain't easy.

200 sit ups? I doubt if I could do 10 !!!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-30-2007, 12:15 PM
It's so hard myprincessgirlisa......! There are hot cross buns everywhere now! I'm off to the Supermarket tonight to buy some more fruit and veg - and try and avoid the cookie aisles!

I worked out that by dropping 1lb per week, that's quite a large amount of weight! I just need to stay on track - and get myself into gear!

you can do...I have a whole counter of pastries in my office, Im trying not to go in there.
I try to think of it like this.....If I could cheat, what would I want to eat...& its not on that counter....Id rather eat /cheat with something I SUPER DUPER LOVE!!!!

You can do it:yay:

Raspberry Bubbles
01-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I see what you mean - - hmmm - - If I cheat then I really need to find something good to do it with! Only joking! I'm remaining strong... Grilled fish and rice for tea!

I hope those pastries aren't too tempting - I LOVE pastries! :love:

Pooh_Friend#1
01-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Lets try to set a goal of 3 sets of 5 situps every day for 2 weeks & then everyone report in & lets hear about the results & then bump it up.
Great idea...this is exactly what I need. I have a hard time coming up with small goals so I get discouraged when my big goals don't happen NOW!!! I am starting with this tonight!!! Thank you, thank you.

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
my stomache is sore, but its looking flatter...if you dont have the balance ball...get one(walmart$10)...it really works for the tummy!!!

Remember, muscle does weigh more than fat.

Make sure your conditioning your hair really good & getting regular trims to keep those locks in prime condition for your DFTW.
In winter, spray on a light leave in conditioner before you dry hair. This helps with static & is great for hair.
This summer put deep conditioner in your hair & sit in the sun till dry, then rinse out & let air dry. This make hair super soft.
Shiny hair really looks killer in those pictures.

:yay:

keep it up girls...were here for you

Raspberry Bubbles
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Fruit smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, and fish for tea! I'm doing well! I just have to figure in those sit ups yet!

I would love shiny hair - mine is so fine that it gets limp really quickly :(

Well done on your flatter tummy!!! :goodvibes

Pooh_Friend#1
01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
I did my 15 situps yesterday and will do them today when I get home.

Breakfast I had oatmeal and green tea. For lunch I will be having a salad with tomatoes, sweet peas, feta cheese, and fat free Italian dressing. Dinner I will have Tilapia with brown rice and veggies. I have been so bad at drinking water. I still have 2- 32oz water bottles full of water sitting on my desk....by now I usually have both of them finished and go for a third after lunch. :( And I forgot to take my weightsmart multi-vitamin.

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Awesome work on the flatter tummy! Ok homemade fruit smoothie for breakfast. 35 min workout at the gym at work and low fat whole wheat pasta and fish for lunch! I am trying girls...So far 9 pounds down 20 to go!!!!!
WE CAN DO IT:banana: :banana:

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Everyone is doing so well!!

My thing is healthy food=gross food. Its not hard making small changes, like cooking on our foreman grill (we do this most often if not using the gas grill)-- but what vegetables are you all eating? Seems like veggies are a hit and miss with people-- and no one likes them all. Also- how are you fixing these veggies.

As for salads-- what are you doing about dressing? I know the Wishbone 1 calorie spritzers are nice-- but do you like the dressings? Whats practical as for salad dressings? We do salads a LOT ... and my problem is the crap i put on them (Cheese, bacon bits, croutons-- cant live without my croutons, and salad dressing)..

Any help out there?

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
belle1981, pooh friend#1 & raspberry bubbles

Awesome girls!!!!

I am so proud & I bet you guys are feeling good.

I ran up 4 flights of stairs twice yesterday & 1x so far today.......I hope be Monday I can do 5 flights & add another weight to my ankle weights I have been wearing everyday(thank god for cold weather/long pants hide the weights)

Drug rep at our office brought starbucks so I opted for a pomegranate Frappachino. YEAH ME!!!

:yay: :cheer2: :grouphug:

happilyeverafter07
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Great job so far everyone! princess:

I started the "Buff Brides" book program last night (weight training, sit-ups, etc), and WOW it is a lot of work! But I could definitely feel my muscles working, so I determined to stick with it. I've never had much patience for repetitive exercises, so it's hard for me to focus on doing the same thing again and again, but I think it will be worth it when we all have flat stomachs for bikini season!

Speaking of the weight smart multivitamin - has that made any of you sick? I was taking the one-a-day brand, and if I don't have a full stomach when I take it I get sick. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I should buy another bottle, as this hasn't happened with any vitamins in the past.

We can do it! :banana:

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Everyone is doing so well!!

My thing is healthy food=gross food. Its not hard making small changes, like cooking on our foreman grill (we do this most often if not using the gas grill)-- but what vegetables are you all eating? Seems like veggies are a hit and miss with people-- and no one likes them all. Also- how are you fixing these veggies.

As for salads-- what are you doing about dressing? I know the Wishbone 1 calorie spritzers are nice-- but do you like the dressings? Whats practical as for salad dressings? We do salads a LOT ... and my problem is the crap i put on them (Cheese, bacon bits, croutons-- cant live without my croutons, and salad dressing)..

Any help out there?

Heres what I do w/veggies
ex: sub sandwich with roll, 1-2 slice turkey, 1 slice cheese, tomatoe, red onion, green pepper, mustard, lite mayo,avacado & roamine lettuce...my DH loves it

salad is tough, but I just try to use dressing/croutons in moderation.

You can cook veggies on the forman grill too...use olive oil if you want to , but a little salt usually works & I put the veggies over chicken or on a tortilla

My homemade salsa is the #1 requested dish people ask me to bring & its completely healthy..you can have salsa on lots of things & if you do eat it with chips, try backed or flaxseed chips

ok ....now im hungry;)

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 01:13 PM
do you mind sharing your salsa recipe?

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
I second the whole multi vitamin thing it really gives me a pick me up! Awesome with the stairs those suckers are hard to do!
Maggimus-I totally hear you on the veggies...I do not like a lot of them myself. Here are a few I just LOVE NOW! zucchini sliced thin and grilled on the foreman there is this seasoning salt called LAWRY's(I swear by this stuff!)
Sprinkle a little on them and then brush it lightly with extra virgin olive oil. For those of you who like garlic press a clove into some EVOO and then you will have garlic oil to spead on it. Also there is corn, Mushrooms, roasted red peppers, broccoli and cabbage. For the salad situation I have never used store bought dressing. Get some balsamic vinegar and EVOO, salt, pepper and oregano and you are rocking! I also have a great receipe for nappa cabbage salad with sliced almonds and asian noodles. Another option is adding some pomengrante seeds to a normal salad this way you will get the crunch instead of the calories...We still eat everything we used to just less and not that many prepackaged items. We should all be proud we are doing just great! DISers RULE!:cheer2:

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Great job so far everyone! princess:

I started the "Buff Brides" book program last night (weight training, sit-ups, etc), and WOW it is a lot of work! But I could definitely feel my muscles working, so I determined to stick with it. I've never had much patience for repetitive exercises, so it's hard for me to focus on doing the same thing again and again, but I think it will be worth it when we all have flat stomachs for bikini season!

Speaking of the weight smart multivitamin - has that made any of you sick? I was taking the one-a-day brand, and if I don't have a full stomach when I take it I get sick. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if I should buy another bottle, as this hasn't happened with any vitamins in the past.

We can do it! :banana:

I took weight smart vitamins(untilDH lost bottle) & i never noticed getting sick, but I took it just before bed. I heard that the iron in vitamins can make people sick...
if all else fails, try a different brand vitamin:yay:

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
do you mind sharing your salsa recipe?

easiest reciepe in the world

all you do is take :

6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
1-2 white onions
6-8 tomatillos (green tomatoe w/leaf covering it/take off leaf)
3-4 garlic cloves
1-5 jalapeno peppers (depending on how hot you want it)

Boil it all in a BIG pot til soft

blend in a food processor or blender

add salt(or goya salt) and/or cilantro

can be eaten hot or cold (ive been told its better hot)

makes lots...so if you want less, cut it all in half

good luck & I hope you like it
:thumbsup2

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
easiest reciepe in the world

all you do is take :

6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
1-2 white onions
6-8 tomatillos (green tomatoe w/leaf covering it/take off leaf)
3-4 garlic cloves
1-5 jalapeno peppers (depending on how hot you want it)

Boil it all in a BIG pot til soft

blend in a food processor or blender

add salt(or goya salt) and/or cilantro

can be eaten hot or cold (ive been told its better hot)

makes lots...so if you want less, cut it all in half

good luck & I hope you like it

I hope this doesnt sound.... unintelligent... but is this the type of salsa they make in mexican restaraunts. DH says I should will become a mexican because thats my favorite food-- and we have some great friends in our local mexican restaurant. I could live off of salsa and queso dip!!

Also I can never seem to find tortilla chips like the ones they serve. In the stores they are always super salty and super bubbled up and whatnot.

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
I hope this doesnt sound.... unintelligent... but is this the type of salsa they make in mexican restaraunts. DH says I should will become a mexican because thats my favorite food-- and we have some great friends in our local mexican restaurant. I could live off of salsa and queso dip!!

Also I can never seem to find tortilla chips like the ones they serve. In the stores they are always super salty and super bubbled up and whatnot.

Its real close, I got the reciepe from a hispanic lady & my in laws are from Mexico...I love mexican food too.........
I see & eat lots of mexican food & its alot of oil, so I try to come up with a healthier version & I havent done to bad

as for chips, the best brand I found in the chicagoland area is by El Milagro

Its in a brown pape bag in the chip isle or by the ethenic food.
Ive had people ask for the empty bag so they can find these chips..theyre really yummy

let me know what other mexican food you like & i can tell you my alternative receipes(if I have one)

Pooh_Friend#1
01-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Great job ladies!! I hope I can get motivated and start running up the stairs.

What I do for veggies is I sautee thin slices of squash, zuchini and onions in the I can't believe it's not butter spray and then I sprinkle on the Mortons lite salt/pepper/garlic powder that I make. I love that. But I also do broccoli, asparagus, peas, green beans, spinach and that's about it!!!

Myprincessgirlisa - your salsa sounds so good and very easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.

Pooh_Friend#1
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
I forgot to add that any multi-vitamin gets my stomach upset if I do not eat before taking it.

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Its real close, I got the reciepe from a hispanic lady & my in laws are from Mexico...I love mexican food too.........
I see & eat lots of mexican food & its alot of oil, so I try to come up with a healthier version & I havent done to bad

as for chips, the best brand I found in the chicagoland area is by El Milagro

Its in a brown pape bag in the chip isle or by the ethenic food.
Ive had people ask for the empty bag so they can find these chips..theyre really yummy

let me know what other mexican food you like & i can tell you my alternative receipes(if I have one)

DH and I LOVE Fajitas..... we can never find a good seasoning to make it on our own though... and i have never found a way to make a good seasoning.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Raspberry Bubbles
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
DH and I LOVE Fajitas..... we can never find a good seasoning to make it on our own though... and i have never found a way to make a good seasoning.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Fajita seasoning is everywhere here in the UK! We have loooots of it! If you ever need any, just let me know - we have "Old El Paso" seasoning, "Discovery", and quite a few supermarket brands of it..... Mmmm!!!

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 02:50 PM
the big key to good mexican food & spices is mexican stores

they have it all & sometimes they have it prepared for you like a takeout restaurant.

Goya is good for seasoning

Lime is key in alot of dishes, infact my 5yr daughter LOVES cucumber with lime & salt

Marinate (its a big key to temder yummy food) .....a favorite(but fattening) dish in summer is skirt steak marinated in beer & onion and cooked on the grill(sprinkle w/goya salt) & they put it on a corn tortilla w/cilantro & onion...I cant wait for summer

:3dglasses

Belle1981
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
OMG I totally forgot to mention the most fun form of exercise....You kill yourself laughing doing this video. Carmen Electra's fit to strip videos. They are great and one hour goes by quickly! Not to metion some hot moves are learned for the honeymoon! ;)

jasnal
01-31-2007, 04:53 PM
My sister loves the Carmen Electra video. I've never tried it but she says its alot of fun...hahaha!! As for salads, I like mine with no dressing and I hate croutons! I like the taste of the actual veggies!!! I feel like dressing masks the taste..lol..my DF thinks I'm crazy!!!

Pooh_Friend#1
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
I bought one of the Carma Electra video's. They are fun, but I laugh hysterically at them thinking that if anyone saw me they would die laughing. There is I think 5 different versions.

Raspberry Bubbles
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I have the "hot pants" workout, ha ha - I am glad my lounge faces NO-ONE. I am not a pretty sight, working out!

I've just been and got my fruit and veg for the next week - £105. My DF makes me a fruit smoothie for breakfast every day now. He's being very supportive :) Here's a tip - we add spinach to our smoothies (you can't taste it in there - although I like spinach alot) as they give a good iron boost to start your day, in green leafy style!

Maggimus
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
dang-- i wish someone could burn me a copy of this dvd workout with carman electra-- sounds interesting:confused3

happilyeverafter07
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Same here! Maybe I will get it on Netflix...:happytv:

myprincessgirlisa
01-31-2007, 08:03 PM
i saw the carmen electra dvd at walmart the other dat for like $15...i should have got it

Raspberry Bubbles
02-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Me too - I fear for my DH though - the last thing he needs is me hopping around the lounge like a mad-woman! I'm going to have to stick to street running and the gym..... ;)

myprincessgirlisa
02-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Me too - I fear for my DH though - the last thing he needs is me hopping around the lounge like a mad-woman! I'm going to have to stick to street running and the gym..... ;)

raspberry bubbles......you are to funny....my DH would probably get frisky!!

Anyway I tried a yummy low fat meal...
I did the salad package "shredds"(iceberg lettuce in shredd)
& Tyson Buffalo Style Chicken

I baked the chicken to get it crispy & cut it up in small pieces & spread it all over the lettuce.
Thats was it...no dressing
The spices in the chicken was enough

the chicken was only 250cal for 2 pieces & the lettuce was under 100 & it filled me up!!
It was good

I need to start working on my arms.

Anyone use that Thighmaster by susan summers...I want to know if it works...they have it real cheap at a used sports store by my house....Id love to slim down my thighs!!

Keep it up girls!!!
Sounding good!!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I would be willing to burn a DVD of the Carmen Electra for you, but I have no idea how to do that and what program I would need to use!!!!

That salad sounds good. Maybe I will make my own version with a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the chicken and put on salad.

I would like to thin down my thighs some and was contemplating on buying that infomercial thing where you put around your thighs and lift your legs different ways....obviously I have no idea what it is called!!

myprincessgirlisa
02-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I would be willing to burn a DVD of the Carmen Electra for you, but I have no idea how to do that and what program I would need to use!!!!

That salad sounds good. Maybe I will make my own version with a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the chicken and put on salad.

I would like to thin down my thighs some and was contemplating on buying that infomercial thing where you put around your thighs and lift your legs different ways....obviously I have no idea what it is called!!

are you talking about the resistance bands....i always wodered if they would break or snap kinda like a rubberband..OUCH!!

I feel really lazy today, but I keep reading posts & seeing dress pictures & its gettin me going.

Whos going to a super bowl party.....Id say let that be the cheat day, cause you know theres always good food a those parties...GO BEARS!!!
:cheer2:

Maggimus
02-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Whats a good kid/adult friendly healthy supper we can have tonight? I am keeping my DH's little cousin tonight (shes 7) .....

Im always looking for new ways of trying different food. i really like what you all were saying about doing the chicken and lettuce shreds. Keep the ideas coming!!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I will be watching the superbowl put not attending any parties so I should be safe!!! We have DF's DD's so we will have our own party!!!

myprincessgirlisa
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Whats a good kid/adult friendly healthy supper we can have tonight? I am keeping my DH's little cousin tonight (shes 7) .....

Im always looking for new ways of trying different food. i really like what you all were saying about doing the chicken and lettuce shreds. Keep the ideas coming!!

you could try :make your own pizzas
Pasta w/chicken
steamed veggies with some cheddar cheese shreds on top
Grilled chesse w/whole grain bread cooked on a gf grill

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/ff/Bestof/BestHealthyLivingMakeovers.htm
has lots of receipes
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/list_kids.html
another good spot for healthy receipes

these are a few ideas...it all depends on what the little one likes...like my daughter LOVES chicken

Good luck & have fun:flower3:

Maggimus
02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
You all get the free kraft food & family magazine in the mail dont you? If not ill post the link so you all can get it.

Thanks so much-- I appreciate the help!

Raspberry Bubbles
02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
raspberry bubbles......you are to funny....my DH would probably get frisky!!

Anyway I tried a yummy low fat meal...
I did the salad package "shredds"(iceberg lettuce in shredd)
& Tyson Buffalo Style Chicken

I baked the chicken to get it crispy & cut it up in small pieces & spread it all over the lettuce.
Thats was it...no dressing
The spices in the chicken was enough

the chicken was only 250cal for 2 pieces & the lettuce was under 100 & it filled me up!!
It was good

I need to start working on my arms.

Anyone use that Thighmaster by susan summers...I want to know if it works...they have it real cheap at a used sports store by my house....Id love to slim down my thighs!!

Keep it up girls!!!
Sounding good!!

Hee, hee - frisky? My DF would be laughing for hours. Especially if I put on some lycra!

Well, there's a way to tone your inside thighs - sit on the floor opposite your DH/DF/anyone who will exercise with you, both with your legs open. The person with their feet on the outside tries to pull their legs together, and the person with their feet on the inside tries to push their legs outwards. It really works, and my person trainer (he was Mr Natural Great Britain) recommended it.

Mmm.... that chicken sounds gooooood! I just had plaice, peppers, carrots, parsnips,field mushrooms and spanish seasoning. I am fit to burst now!

myprincessgirlisa
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
STRESS......

Its been a little high today & I can only imagine how it can get when planning a long distance FTW

Well I was SO close to grabbing for something sweet, but I thought about it & didnt....yeah me!!!

So what can we come up with that will help us beat stress & help us avoid food binges...Ive been so good I would hate to break the cycle just because I had a bad day(& they happen)

At least I didnt cheat & I feel better...its bad for the skin anyway;)

Raspberry Bubbles
02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
STRESS......

Its been a little high today & I can only imagine how it can get when planning a long distance FTW

Well I was SO close to grabbing for something sweet, but I thought about it & didnt....yeah me!!!

So what can we come up with that will help us beat stress & help us avoid food binges...Ive been so good I would hate to break the cycle just because I had a bad day(& they happen)

At least I didnt cheat & I feel better...its bad for the skin anyway;)

Well done for not cheating! I have found that nuts, a big variety of them, and some raisins are helping me at times throughout the day. I'm a primary school teacher and so I know allll about stressy days. I used to be a lawyer and I can tell you, I know stress! For me, having the fruit smoothie with spinach in it for breakfast and then having nuts at breaktime and a salad at lunch really works for me! It has taken me two weeks to get into the swing of it and retrain my tastebuds again, but now I'm very happy. If I don't get my spinach in my smoothie, I start to notice after about 3 days. It really is full of goodness!!! :)

Pooh_Friend#1
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I just tried on wedding dresses for the first time today....tht definitely gave me incentive to keep eating well and exercising!!! Although the dresses looked beautiful and my 2 favorite dresses look great on me and I wouldn't need alterations because the fit is so perfect...but it would be nice to have the confidence to wear a bikini on my honeymoon!!!!

Myprincessgirlisa - I come to the disboards a lot when I am stressed. Try putting a little dap of toothpaste in your mouth when you want to binge...that always helpe me.

Belle1981
02-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I discovered a little treat that is not so bad for you. It is skinny cow ICE CREAM sandwiches...Not even close to being as bad for you are the rest. The are a little pricey but TOTALLY worth it if you feel the need for something sweet.

I hear on the stress level but I am couting the days 13 days until I will be in FLA trying on THE WEDDING DRESS! Hopefully all the healthy eating and exercise (and 9 pound weight loss) will help me look better in it.....Fingers crossed! You ladies are awesome we are all working so hard we should have no trouble reaching our goals!:cheer2:

happilyeverafter07
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I love the skinny cow bars! Great tip. :)

Good luck trying on wedding dresses - I am hoping that when I try mine on later this month it will be a lot looser! :banana:

jasnal
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I love those skinny cow bars too....Also when I have a sweet tooth I cut up some fresh strawberries, add a couple of fresh blueberries, raspberries and bananas and a packet of splenda in a bowl and have it as a snack. Not only does it kill my sweet tooth but it also is good for me!!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I have tried and looked for skinny cow bars, but I cannot find them anywhere here in Denver. All I find are the weight watchers ones...wonder if those compare to skinny cows?

Belle1981
02-04-2007, 04:15 PM
You are lucky that you can find the WW ones! We don't get them here in Toronto. Let me know how they taste. Not too sure why the don't have skinny cow where you are but I am sure WW is just as good if not better for you.

Tiggerific04
02-04-2007, 06:18 PM
I used to do WW... lost about 20 pounds and went from a size 12 to a 6. Their giant fudge bars are the best!!

I'm trying to start up again because I need to get in shape, but the hardest part is exercising! Does anyone belong to a gym? I've always been hesitant about joining one because I'm so shy, but I was thinking about one of those women's gyms. Opinions?

As far as healthy food, I'm a big fan of that V8 Frusion juice. It doesn't taste so great, but it's a quick and easy way to get a serving of fruits and veggies. I also LOVE hummus -- Tribe brand roasted red pepper is my fave. I also use Morningstar fake ground beef to make burritos -- whole wheat tortillas, black beans and some salsa. DF is a meat eater and he LOVES them.

This thread is a great idea -- it's nice to know so many other women are in the same boat. I don't have many female friends so I don't really have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff :grouphug:

Belle1981
02-04-2007, 06:39 PM
I have a gym membership and its at an all womens gym. You have no need to be watching your weight you are gorgeous! I do like the womens only ones since they don't feel as much like a meatmarket as the others. (Forgive my comment but here in Canada the coed gyms seem to be more like pick up joints rather than workout facilities). Good luck!

Tiggerific04
02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I have a gym membership and its at an all womens gym. You have no need to be watching your weight you are gorgeous! I do like the womens only ones since they don't feel as much like a meatmarket as the others. (Forgive my comment but here in Canada the coed gyms seem to be more like pick up joints rather than workout facilities). Good luck!

Thanks... unfortunately that picture was taken last summer, before the holidays and lots of this: popcorn::

I think I'm going to look into a couple of the womens gyms near me and try to get rid of all the extra jiggle I seem to have acquired :rotfl:

Pooh_Friend#1
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I belong to a coed gym. I refuse to workout there past 6:00 pm unless it is with my DFi because it is a huge meat market after that time and everyone is scoping out the place for dates. Luckily I get in at about 3:45 so I can make it through my workout before it all begins.

Pooh_Friend#1
02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I forgot to add that I love all the classes that my gym puts on. My favorite is strip tease, dancers workout, salsa and amp'd abs!!! I use to really be in to kickboxing but the instructor get pregnant and her replacement is horrible!!

myprincessgirlisa
02-05-2007, 09:40 AM
WOW.....Im not online all weekend & lots has happened!!!

It sounds like everyone is doing good & you guys are great for all the advice & tips

As for the question about gyms....In my area the park district is the cheapest & they are just as good as a Ballys or Lifetime. Plus I like that you can do month to month, every 3mths, every 6, every 9 or 1yr memberships with no extra fees...& they have all the stuff the pthers have.

I havent tried skinny cow yet, but it sure does look good...I think Im gonna now

How did you all do during the superbowl...I did good...yay me

So, are you girls ready to bump up your sit ups this week....Think "flat tummy"!!!!!:yay:

Anyone eat yogurt with grapenuts.....I love it & it healthy & low fat...give it a try

Keep it up girls!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

jasnal
02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I did really well during the superbowl. We didn't really have and unhealthy stuff around the house! I workout in a coed gym but I go in the morning to avoid the "meatmarket." I hate working out when it is like that. It makes me really self concious!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I bumped up my sit-ups last night to 2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 10, and I am starting to do weights for my arms while I am sitting around watching TV.

I did great for the superbowl...I didn't munch on anything but sweet peas!!!

Good job girls....lets keep doing great this week.

myprincessgirlisa
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh my god...everyone at work is sick and they are dropping like flies

So far I feel fine & I think it has alot to do with my healthier eating.

Thank god.....I hate being sick.

Girls, make sure your taking those vitamins.
I think I also get a little more help keeping colds at bay by eating jalapenos...I havent had a cold yet this season!!!

Its REALLY cold out there girls, so keep the skin covered & moisturized!!!

:banana:

myprincessgirlisa
02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Dinner:
I found a way to not eat as much.
I had leftover Pasta yesterday & I offered some to my DH.
He said Yes so I gave him over half of what was on my plate.
I felt full after I ate & was happy cause I thought if I ate ALL of what I had & not given any to my DH, I would have eaten to much & been over full.

Teeth:
Keep those pearly whites beautiful for when you flash that smile on your big day.
When I was married I got bonding on my front teeth to eliminate calcium deposit stains & it was worth every penny
This year(since I had an unfortunate boating accident) I will be doing a little more cosmetic work, like internal bleaching & whiting.
Of course its not just for the vow renewal, but it helps Im getting this done before it.
So make sure you take care of those teeth: brush, floss, rinse, SMILE!!!!!:)

Pooh_Friend#1
02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I have been doing so good this week and taking the stairs at work!!! I have been bad at drinking water, though.

hulagirl87
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm joining this thread as I'd like to lose some weight before my upcoming wedding. I started weight watchers last week and have lost 2 lbs. yea. a small start but a good one. i'm not too good with drinking the water though. i'm never really thirsty. :confused3 i like counting points, it's like a game figuring out what i can eat for the day and seeing what the best "deal" is. Do i want a tuna sandwich for 3 points or a lean cuisine pizza for 6 points? if i have the sandwich then i can have a jello pudding for 2 points. see? actually pretty fun! i'll probably be driving myself nuts by week 10, but for now, fun.

Tiggerific04
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I decided the gym just wasn't for me, so I ordered that "Buff Brides" book from Amazon. Wish me luck! :thumbsup2

Summer-Caitlin
02-08-2007, 05:33 AM
I went off my diet this week for a few days as it was my birthday, I wish I could have been stronger! Still now I'm back on it even though I'm full of the flu still:sick: I'm not doing my exercises cause I feel so unwell, I'll continue once I'm feeling better. I hear that Buff Brides book is really good, I think I'll purchase it too. I need to get on the water wagon myself, I'm terrible with it, I never remember to drink just water:confused:

Congrats to everyone, you all seem to be doing so well so far, keep it up:thumbsup2

Pooh_Friend#1
02-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcome hulagirl. Help keep us in track because you seem to be doing great!!!

Summer-Caitlin - I am sorry you are not feeling well. I have had a migraine for 2 days in a row and I decided to not eat right or go to the gym yesterday. I figured I was doing myself a favor by just sleeping!!!

happilyeverafter07
02-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi hulagirl! Welcome!:goodvibes

Summer-Caitlin, I hope you feel better soon. The most important thing is to take good care of yourself when you are sick and not to push yourself too hard.

Pooh_Friend#1- I hope that migraine is gone today!

The Buff Brides book is awesome - I've only done the workout twice and I already feel stronger (and sore!). You won't regret it! And it is something you can do while watching tv once you learn the exercises, since it's a book. I really like it!

Keep up the good work everyone! :cheer2:

Pooh_Friend#1
02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I think I will order the buff brides book too. Do you have to buy anything to do the workout like weights, tension straps or anything?

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Howdy ladies

Nice to see a new face join

Summercaitlin....take it easy & get better...I hate being sick..rest:)

Well I see you guys are doing real good....buff brides sounds cool...maybe Ill give it a trial at the library!!

I had the yummiest enchiladas yesterday at a family members house & they were super healthy
She got the receipe from Kraft en espanol, so Im gonna search it & if I find it Ill post it.

heres an oil tip.....sub your oil for olive oil...its better for you & has a yummy flavor...but dont cook it on to high of a flame...it can burn

happilyeverafter07
02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Pooh_Friend#1, I did buy some equipment to use with the book since I didn't have any, but she gives alternatives if you don't want to buy some of them. I bought some weights, a balance ball, and some wrist/ankle weights (although I haven't really used these yet). Got everything at Marshall's for under $20. It also has some exercises that use a step or bench, but for these I substitute a sturdy chair or small step ladder and that has worked fine so far. I think the main things would be the hand weights and the balance ball.

Hope you like it! :banana:

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Pooh_Friend#1, I did buy some equipment to use with the book since I didn't have any, but she gives alternatives if you don't want to buy some of them. I bought some weights, a balance ball, and some wrist/ankle weights (although I haven't really used these yet). Got everything at Marshall's for under $20. It also has some exercises that use a step or bench, but for these I substitute a sturdy chair or small step ladder and that has worked fine so far. I think the main things would be the hand weights and the balance ball.

Hope you like it! :banana:

Good find.....looks like Ill br hittin the Marshalls this weekend

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.comidakraft.com/knet_print_version.aspx?s=recipe&m=en/recipe/recipeDisplay&recipe_id=64085&print_show=1

link to healthy enchiladas

they were yummy:rotfl:

Pooh_Friend#1
02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I have 3lb. and 5lb hang weights. I even have a balance ball at my parent's house but it takes up too much space for my little place....I guess I have to keep it in the dining room for now!!!!

happilyeverafter07
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I have 3lb. and 5lb hang weights. I even have a balance ball at my parent's house but it takes up too much space for my little place....I guess I have to keep it in the dining room for now!!!!

Sounds like you are in great shape!:yay:

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 01:39 PM
ok so I thought I was doing real good with eating right & working out.................soooooooooo why do my pants feel tighter??

Im trying to tell myself its because im building muscle.

Anyone else go thru this....am I kiding myself by saying its muscle??

Its really bumming me out
:confused:

Pooh_Friend#1
02-08-2007, 01:52 PM
ok so I thought I was doing real good with eating right & working out.................soooooooooo why do my pants feel tighter??

I'm sorry...don't lose hope, keep it up. I haven't experienced it yet, but maybe it is because you are retaining more water? I don't know, sorry I am not much help.

happilyeverafter07
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Have you been eating a lot of salty foods? Sometimes if you eat salty food and don't drink enough water, it can make you feel bloated. I think you will feel a difference in a few days if you can drink 8 glasses of water - it has helped me. Although it can still feel frustrating when you don't feel a difference when you've been working so hard - I definitely know how you feel!

myprincessgirlisa
02-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Have you been eating a lot of salty foods? Sometimes if you eat salty food and don't drink enough water, it can make you feel bloated. I think you will feel a difference in a few days if you can drink 8 glasses of water - it has helped me. Although it can still feel frustrating when you don't feel a difference when you've been working so hard - I definitely know how you feel!

I hardly add salt to my food, but I could have eaten something with more salt in it??

I drink tons of water...so much I visit the potty several times a day.
This happened to me last year.
Its wierd cause people told me I lost weight but my clothes were tighter!!:confused3

Its a bummer

Pooh_Friend#1
02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Try drinking warm lemon water.

Pooh_Friend#1
02-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could get special for my DF DD's when we get married? They of course will be a part of the wedding, but I want to do something special for them. They will be 11 when we get married.

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
thank god today is my cheat day cause Its been a really bad week & I went to Taco Bell.

But I think I need to still burn off some of my aggrivation & work out tonight.

Thank god I dont turn to liquor to vent, itd just make me feel worse & its wasted calories & I dont need bags under my eyes...remember that....once in a while is ok but to much ages you

I really feel Blah after eating that food, which is good cause maybe Ill think twice before doing that again

Hope you all are doing good with your healthy lifestyles

Thanks for being here & letting me escape my work nightmares:eek:

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could get special for my DF DD's when we get married? They of course will be a part of the wedding, but I want to do something special for them. They will be 11 when we get married.

what do they like
Ddo you want to do something disney??
Do you want to give them something to use for the wedding

Libby Lu is like the best place on earth(next to disney) for girly stuff
:banana:

DisBride23
02-09-2007, 06:09 PM
ok, I need to join you guys!

Right before my DF proposed, my parents bought me a gym membership (they knew what was coming-I had no idea!). But, I never go.

So, this week, my MOH joined my gym, which is NOT next to her place, so that we can go together. She could use a little toning, but does not really need to lose weight like i do. :hug: She's a good friend.
So, this week, we went 4 times and I've been eating salads before every meal. I'm trying to drink enough water, but well...that has yet to really happen.:rolleyes1

So, hopefully I will be inspired by you guys and join in on the weight loss!
Good Luck and thanks for posting this thread!
Natalie

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
welcome to the boards.....feel free to chime in with ANYTHING!!

Were here for you in good & bad

Good job on the working out & eating right...if you have a gym membership...might as well us it...right
Keep it up

hulagirl87
02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I had a dr's appt this morning, so what's up with their scale saying more than my scale at home... then again i was fully clothed with my boots on. we'll go with that.

by the way, for a yummy snack, the jello caramel pudding snack pack for 60 calories - yum!!! great snack!!! put a little dollop of lite cool whip on there. good to go. gimme 10 more and i'm set for dessert :laughing:

myprincessgirlisa
02-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I had a dr's appt this morning, so what's up with their scale saying more than my scale at home... then again i was fully clothed with my boots on. we'll go with that.

by the way, for a yummy snack, the jello caramel pudding snack pack for 60 calories - yum!!! great snack!!! put a little dollop of lite cool whip on there. good to go. gimme 10 more and i'm set for dessert :laughing:

ALL SCALES LIE!!!;)

As for sweet snacks.....what about rice crispy treats...little higher in cal...but super satisifing
& lite cool whip/whip cream aint half bad either..

Oh & if you love chocolate....go for dark...its healthy...in moderation!!
good to know huh!!!;)

DisBride23
02-10-2007, 02:21 PM
welcome to the boards.....feel free to chime in with ANYTHING!!

Were here for you in good & bad

Good job on the working out & eating right...if you have a gym membership...might as well us it...right
Keep it up

myprincessgirlisa: Thanks so much! I went again to the gym yesterday, but I think I'm going to take today off to do some wedding planning!:surfweb:

Pooh_Friend#1
02-11-2007, 10:44 AM
DisBride23 - Welcome, sounds like you are doing a good job.

I took off from the gym all last week because I had a migraine that wouldn't go away, so I have to work extrememly hard this week to stay good!!

Raspberry Bubbles
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I haven't been around all week, but I thought I would post that I have managed to go running twice this week and am going to the gym tonight! I am feeling much, MUCH happier! Hope you are all doing well!!!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I haven't been around all week, but I thought I would post that I have managed to go running twice this week and am going to the gym tonight! I am feeling much, MUCH happier! Hope you are all doing well!!!
Great job.:thumbsup2 :cool1:

myprincessgirlisa
02-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey girls....I found an awesome bargain at the Dollar Tree store this weekend
workout DVD's for $1 & they also had yoga mats, walking weights, jump ropes, etc!!!!
If you have one buy you I'd go soon cause I dont think they'll last at that price

Good to see everyone is keeping it up!!

I was bad this weekend...I did ok with eating but I didnt exercise at all...bad me

pooh girl...sorry about the headache...I get some bad ones too & I know how it can ruin your day.

Heres a tip for the girls living w/snow.....shovel!!!...its a great workout. Use you legs and arms to heev hoo & add in a twist to the side to work those sides, but be carefully & dont overdo it.

:hippie:

Raspberry Bubbles
02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Have been to the gym! I have sore calves now but I feel like I did something good! I'm going running tomorrow and have had fruit for breakfast in a smoothie and salad for lunch! Good going everyone :) :cloud9:

myprincessgirlisa
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
How are all you girls all doing?

I have been a little up & down this week, but work was awful(overtime).

Has anyone got any new healthy reciepes to share?

Any tips anyone would like to share??

I get this email from a website called Worlds healthiest foods
http://whfoods.org/index.html
Interesting site

I did 1 of the dvds i got from the $1store & the leg one was really good & not too long. Im a little soar, so it must be working.

:hippie:

hulagirl87
02-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I lost another pound this week - yea!

I've been chewing sugar free gum, that helps when I'm craving something sweet.

I've been eating carrots and cucumber slices. For some reason I'm really liking that.

I did eat a Cadbury egg, I couldn't help myself. I saw it in the store and it called out to me. :goodvibes Thank you easter bunny, buck buck!

I stopped going to starbucks, not only to save money, but to cut back on calories/fat grams. I've been drinking sugar free international foods coffees. yum! I like the vanilla creme and the french vanilla. sooo good!!!

it's such a slow process, but just got to keep it up! :cheer2:

jasnal
02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
hey everyone...its been a while since i posted so i just thought i would drop in and say hey! I'm up to 7 and 1/2 miles (my goal is 10 miles before the marathon)!! Ive lost 5lbs so far...yay!! Sounds like everyone else is doing great! Keep it up girls!

MinnieMeg
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
What a wonderful thread, everyone so encouraging and nice. I need to join you ladies before my November DFTW. As I too am an asthmatic, motivation can be very difficult when I am huffing and puffing.
One of my favorite ways to dress a salad is to sprinkle a very small amount of kosher salt on chopped fresh tomato and then sprinkle with dry or fresh minced basil. Let it sit until it juices. Then dump it over your greens. Thinly sliced onion can be added to the macerating tomato and/or sliced kalamata olives. As I am allergic to peppers this acts as a fresh salsa for me.
Keep up the good work.
Meg

Pooh_Friend#1
02-17-2007, 10:14 AM
What a wonderful thread, everyone so encouraging and nice. I need to join you ladies before my November DFTW. As I too am an asthmatic, motivation can be very difficult when I am huffing and puffing.
One of my favorite ways to dress a salad is to sprinkle a very small amount of kosher salt on chopped fresh tomato and then sprinkle with dry or fresh minced basil. Let it sit until it juices. Then dump it over your greens. Thinly sliced onion can be added to the macerating tomato and/or sliced kalamata olives. As I am allergic to peppers this acts as a fresh salsa for me.
Keep up the good work.
Meg
Yum, that sounds like a great trip. I have to try this.

myprincessgirlisa
02-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Ok...so I havent been the best at exercise & eating right, just a small step backwards...but its ok, cause I knew it wasnt gonna be easy & thats why i decided to take it slow.
Dont get discourgaed if your in the same boat Im in

I did go to trader joes & get some healthy foods...i like that store cause its not to expensive(except the produce).

I did do good friday....got a hot dog & sm fry from portillios in chicago & dh wanted Burger King when I got home, so I only ate 1/2 a whopper & about 4 onion rings...so I showed some will power

I did clean my house sat for a jewelry party on sun....i was on my hands & knees cleaning & those swiffers are work if you have a large floor...i was working up a good sweat.

My nails are shot....at least I dont need them pretty just yet...but if your getting close, wear gloves if cleaning or cooking so it wont beat up your hands....& moisturize....ulta has a really nice smelling hand cream

nice to see some mare faces join....welcome & feel free to add or contribute in any way.

Keep it up girls!!!:banana:

Summer-Caitlin
02-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I didn't do to well the last couple of weeks as I was full of the flu and I can never be bothered eating healthy food (too much prep) when I'm ill. But on a good note I have not put on any weight.:thumbsup2
I have started again about 5 days ago, but I have decided to really get into my exercise this week. I have no option but to lose weight anyway as I have bought my dress in a smaller size:rolleyes:
I'm drinking all my water from now on, I promise and I will incorporate my fitness DVD's all the time. Let's see how I go.
Good to hear most of you are getting on really well, and for those that aren't, hang in there, you will reach your goal!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Summer-Caitlin - Sorry to hear you were sick...glad you are feeling better. I am forcing myself to go to 3 classes at the gym this week and am hoping to continue that from now on!!!

PrettyInTink
02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Count me in!
A little backstory:
I married dh 2 years ago. I was then and am still now obese. Gosh, that is hard to type! 3 have (along with dh) been on the Oz diet for over a month. I am losing slowly. DH is losing fast. Yesterday we started the couch 2 5K program to get in shape. When we got married in a small chapel in kissimee it was because I was too embarrassed to gwt married in front of our friends and family. So we eloped after cancelling our huge wedding. I did not feel pretty at all on my wedding day. I felt and looked awful because of my weight. My wedding was an all around uncomfortable experience. So much so that I immediately sold my wedding dress as soon as we got home. My dh came to me a few days ago and told me he wants us to have a do over. I was confused, then he explained that he wants us to get fit and for our 5th wedding anniversary, he wants a big shebang of a DFTW. I was, and am still, speechless. So here I am ladies! I have over 100 lbs to lose. I can't believe I just typed all this...

myprincessgirlisa
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Count me in!
A little backstory:
I married dh 2 years ago. I was then and am still now obese. Gosh, that is hard to type! 3 have (along with dh) been on the Oz diet for over a month. I am losing slowly. DH is losing fast. Yesterday we started the couch 2 5K program to get in shape. When we got married in a small chapel in kissimee it was because I was too embarrassed to gwt married in front of our friends and family. So we eloped after cancelling our huge wedding. I did not feel pretty at all on my wedding day. I felt and looked awful because of my weight. My wedding was an all around uncomfortable experience. So much so that I immediately sold my wedding dress as soon as we got home. My dh came to me a few days ago and told me he wants us to have a do over. I was confused, then he explained that he wants us to get fit and for our 5th wedding anniversary, he wants a big shebang of a DFTW. I was, and am still, speechless. So here I am ladies! I have over 100 lbs to lose. I can't believe I just typed all this...

I just want to say that I am here for you ANYTIME you need help & Im glad to have you on board.
No matter how much weight we all have to loose...its a lifestyle change & its gotta be slow & subtle....you can do it!!!

Im sorry your wedding wasnt your dream, but we are here for support for you & we want your 5yr annv to be the BEST.

Congrats & stick with it....& dont get discouraged...rome wasnt built in a day so just remember that when you feel you arent seeing instant progress.

:hug:

PrettyInTink
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Thank you! I just want to live a HEALTHY life not a get thin quick one, or a eat when your sad one. I have made a commitment to myself and my dh that we will be healthy. We drive truck nationwide so we are faced with unhealthy food everywhere we turn. But we have sworn off fast food and are cooking in the truck now. My favorite thing to eat on our plan is our burgers. Take 1 whole wheat english muffin and toast it. Heat a Morning Star Black Bean Burger and put it on the eng muffin with 2 tbsp of olive oil based marinara sauce. DH adds red onion to his. Its YUMMY! Dare I say better than mcdonalds and a whole lot better for you!

myprincessgirlisa
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Thank you! I just want to live a HEALTHY life not a get thin quick one, or a eat when your sad one. I have made a commitment to myself and my dh that we will be healthy. We drive truck nationwide so we are faced with unhealthy food everywhere we turn. But we have sworn off fast food and are cooking in the truck now. My favorite thing to eat on our plan is our burgers. Take 1 whole wheat english muffin and toast it. Heat a Morning Star Black Bean Burger and put it on the eng muffin with 2 tbsp of olive oil based marinara sauce. DH adds red onion to his. Its YUMMY! Dare I say better than mcdonalds and a whole lot better for you!

sounds yummy....good for you...thats a GREAT attitude.
I can see how it'd be hard not to eat out all the time with your lifestyle, but good for you!!!

So I always wondered about those morning star burgers....they're really good huh???
:)

PrettyInTink
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
They are SO good! I have has the MS regular burgers and they taste ok but the black bean are, as my 16 yo step son would say, off the hook! The crumbles are good for chili too. DH loves any kind of burger and this hits the spot.
We ran yesterday. Boy do I feel out of shape! We will run again tomorrow. Our job makes it hard, but I can no longer use it as an excuse. We simply have to make time for ourselves and our health. I have been reading through this thread and it looks like everyone is doing great! We are avoiding all trans fats, sugars, and saturated fats. We are focusing on whole grains, fruits, and veggies. It is so great to have a support group here! I can't wait for the day that I walk down that isle to my prince charming and actually feel like a princess!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Count me in!
A little backstory:
Welcome. Glad you joined us. Like you I get frustrated when I plateau or do not lose fast enough so then I give up. I refuse to give up this time!!!! Wow, I can see how hard it is to cook healthy with being in a truck.....too much fast food temptations for me. My BIL use to be a truck driver and it is amazing the stugg he use to eat while driving!!!! You have a great attitude, keep it up.

Summer-Caitlin
02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Count me in!
A little backstory:

First of all, congrats on the surprise vow renewal, what a wonderful surprise.

Can I ask what exactly the OZ diet is? I am using the GI diet at the moment and although it is working for me, I'm wondering if my body has got used to this, therefore I'm not losing as much. I like to stir it up so I'm curious about this diet!

PrettyInTink
02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
First of all, congrats on the surprise vow renewal, what a wonderful surprise.

Can I ask what exactly the OZ diet is? I am using the GI diet at the moment and although it is working for me, I'm wondering if my body has got used to this, therefore I'm not losing as much. I like to stir it up so I'm curious about this diet!
Hi! The diet i,'m referring to is the You on a Diet plan by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Micheal Rozien. I bought the book and read it cover to cover. It teaches you really neat things about your body in dummy terms. Go to www.realage.com for details on the plan, menu's etc. I will post my daily menu for ya if you would like. The food is really good and makes you feel great!

PrettyInTink
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome. Glad you joined us. Like you I get frustrated when I plateau or do not lose fast enough so then I give up. I refuse to give up this time!!!! Wow, I can see how hard it is to cook healthy with being in a truck.....too much fast food temptations for me. My BIL use to be a truck driver and it is amazing the stugg he use to eat while driving!!!! You have a great attitude, keep it up.

Thanks! It is very hard to eat healthy out here. You would think truck stops would get on the diet food bandwagon but they don't.
I guess I am so positive because I am so blessed in all aspects of my life, and the only thing left to do is get healthy! I owe that to myself and my family.

myprincessgirlisa
02-21-2007, 02:14 PM
oh wow!!!

I just got the email from victoria secrets & their swimsuits are SO cute....so its time to kick it up again

That was all the motivation I needed...of course I'll never look like a VS model, but those suits are just to darn cute

Pooh_Friend#1
02-21-2007, 02:25 PM
oh wow!!!

I just got the email from victoria secrets & their swimsuits are SO cute....so its time to kick it up again

That was all the motivation I needed...of course I'll never look like a VS model, but those suits are just to darn cute
Oh great, just what I need!!! I am addicted to swimsuits...but I have to go look. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

mom2cinderella
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I have 626 days to get in shape! :hourglass :scared:

I am going to do less of this: :drinking1 :cake: popcorn:: :coffee: :drive:

And more of this:

:banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :worship: :dancer: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :maleficen :mickeyjum

:rotfl2: Michele

myprincessgirlisa
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I have 626 days to get in shape! :hourglass :scared:

And more of this:

:banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :worship: :dancer: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :maleficen :mickeyjum

:rotfl2: Michele

i LOVE HOW YOU DID YOUR GOALS!!!
TO CUTE

IM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!!

HOWS EVERYONR DOING OUT THERE

CustardTart
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM

And more of this:

:banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :worship: :dancer: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :bounce:

Brilliant! :thumbsup2 I need to do less of this:

:happytv: :surfweb: :car: :drinking:

And much much more of this:

:yay: :worship: (well they look a little like press ups...)

Then I'll feel less like this: :crazy:
And more like this: princess:
And be happier doing this: :beach:

It's a plan...

Pooh_Friend#1
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I have been under some stress so I haven't done anything lately!!! Thanks for bringing this thread back up so I can once again get motivated!!!

myprincessgirlisa
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
lifetime fitness just sent a mailer for 50% off
http://www.lifetimefitness.com/clubs/

;)

PrettyInTink
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm here. Not doing perfect, but hanging in here! Ok, I admit, I had pizza and beer the other day. But I ran my butt off! That oughta count for something right!
By the way, when I read all of you smily goals I was :lmao: :)

Tiggerific04
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not doing so well with the healthy eating (Chinese buffet, anyone?) but I am on week 2 of Buff Brides AND I've noticed a difference already! I haven't lost any weight or anything, but I am getting stronger and have been able to move from "beginner" to "intermediate" and I'm going to go buy heavier weights :thumbsup2

Pooh_Friend#1
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm not doing so well with the healthy eating (Chinese buffet, anyone?) but I am on week 2 of Buff Brides AND I've noticed a difference already! I haven't lost any weight or anything, but I am getting stronger and have been able to move from "beginner" to "intermediate" and I'm going to go buy heavier weights :thumbsup2
Wow, that's good!!! :cool1: I really need to get Buff Brides!!

Summer-Caitlin
03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I have stepped up my exercise routine now. For almost a month I have hovered at the same weight, don't really know why. Now I am doing 30 min on the Elliptical trainer in the morning, and 15 min in the evening and my sit ups in the evening. I am also walking 40 min a day, fast pace.
I better see a result on Monday (weigh in day)

CustardTart
03-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Wow I had a tough session with my personal trainer yesterday - I'm really feeling it today! We did this crazy exercise where you hug a hand weight to your chest and, keeping your feet slightly apart and facing forward, you swivel at your waist from side to side! Well, I'm really feeling an ache in the love handle-y part of my body today so fingers crossed it'll help give me some more definition there...

I've also started the Couch to 5k programme. I'm registered to do the 10k Race For The Taste in October so I figured I needed to start somewhere as running is not really my thing. I managed to run 1.5 miles on my first attempt so I've got a way to go but it's a start...

For me the thing that really works and helps to kick start another level of weight loss is plain old walking. I have a pedometer and I ensure I do a minimum of 10,000 steps per day - 5000 before midday always sets me up for a good day...

Have a good day, everyone...:thumbsup2

PrettyInTink
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi girls!
Karen we are also doing the couch to 5K. It has been a little hard during the snow though. Keep up the good work!

purplegirl247
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Two months ago today, I started my new lifestyle (I have to keep reminding myself it's not a diet!), trying to make small changes that will have an affect. So now I:

1. Eat breakfast every morning. A study said that eating two eggs for breakfast means you will burn more calories over the next two days than a bagel. So I've been eating Eggbeaters for breakfast every morning.

2. Drink four bottles of water a day. This one was tough at first, but now it's second nature.

3. Give myself a break. If I have a healthy lunch, I allow myself a little slack for dinner or visa versa.

4. Take a multi-vitamin every day. On a related note, someone a few pages back asked about the WeightSmart vitamins making her sick. They DEFINITELY made me nauseous. I gave my mostly unused pack to my friend, and they made her sick as well. I joked that maybe that was the marketing ploy: you lose weight because your stomach is too upset to eat anything! lol!

5. Take the stairs to work every day (and I work on the 7th floor!).

6. Do something physical every day, whether it's lifting weights (I have a strapless dress!) or running on the treadmill for twenty minutes. I also read recently that it's more efficient for your body to burn calories if you do jogging/springing sets for 20 or so minutes than running straight for 30 minutes. Something about variety makes your body burn calories in a different way? Who knows.

In two months, I've lost four pounds. I'd like to lose six more pounds by my wedding, but that's only six weeks away and it took me eight weeks to lose four, so I'm not holding my breath. I'd like to say I feel healthier, but I don't so far. But I'm keeping my eyes on the prize!

Oh, and another great book, similar to You on a Diet, from what I hear, is Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. It's basically studies that Dr. Wansink did that showed how mindlessly we all eat. For example, he gave free, STALE popcorn to movie-goers who had just come from lunch (so they obviously werne't hungry). At the end of the movie, he weighed the popcorn left over. People ate a lot more of the popcorn than they thought they did, even though they weren't hungry AND it didn't taste good. How crazy is that? Anywho, it's a fascinating book.

Thanks for letting me hop on to this thread!

ForKeeps
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I also read recently that it's more efficient for your body to burn calories if you do jogging/springing sets for 20 or so minutes than running straight for 30 minutes. Something about variety makes your body burn calories in a different way? Who knows.

This is absolutely true. It was some of the latest research presented to personal trainers at Can Fit pro (Toronto) last year. It comes down to the fact that the more often you change the mode, the more calories are burnt (i.e., you burn more calories by doing 10 mins of cycling + 10 mins of running + 10 mins of elliptical than 30 continuous mins on the treadmill)

I found it very interesting. However, I didn't find it practical because it was rare that I could move from treadmill to elliptical to bike during prime time at the gym without having to wait for people to finish (thereby eliminating the benefit).

I had great results by doing intervals on the elliptical for 30mins total (3 mins warm-up then 3 mins at medium intensity/ 4 minutes at very high intensity/ 5 minutes recovery/ repeat the 3-4-5 + cool down) It's a managable routine that really burns calories. I also lifted some weights, but mainly just for toning. And I would go for long runs with my dad on the weekend.

Diet-wise, all I did was cut out the wine on weekdays and made sure I had dinner by 8PM (i.e., I didn't eat after 8).

I managed to lose 20 lbs in 4 months.

I gained 10 back on the honeymoon (what can I say the Dining plan is great :rotfl2: )

Pooh_Friend#1
03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, and another great book, similar to You on a Diet, from what I hear, is Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink. It's basically studies that Dr. Wansink did that showed how mindlessly we all eat. For example, he gave free, STALE popcorn to movie-goers who had just come from lunch (so they obviously werne't hungry). At the end of the movie, he weighed the popcorn left over. People ate a lot more of the popcorn than they thought they did, even though they weren't hungry AND it didn't taste good. How crazy is that? Anywho, it's a fascinating book.

Thanks for letting me hop on to this thread!
Oh my, that is so interesting. Popcorn and chips are my downfall and I know I would have ate that popcorn!!!:rolleyes1

myprincessgirlisa
03-08-2007, 06:18 PM
ok so some of us havent been that good, but no one said it would be easy!!

Congrats to the girls that have stuck with it!!!

I will be going monday to check out memberships at lifetime & the park district....my coworker & I plan to start going after work.

I still think my biggest issue is portion control at dinner time.

Well i only have 9months to go, so i better quit whining to myself & enforce the plan;)

Pooh_Friend#1
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Portion control is the hardest part with me too!!!

Summer-Caitlin
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Well, Monday is my weigh in day and I haven't lost any weight but I have lost inches. Does anyone know that during your time of the month, does weight loss stall? I mean I've burned off about 3000 calories this week, and I haven't lost any weight, I find that really hard to believe.
However as I said I did lose .5 off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. So since Jan, I have lost 2 inches off my chest, 3.5 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. I really want the weight to start coming off though.....

orangetiggs
03-12-2007, 05:41 AM
yes I think most people hold water during that time, I know that I put on about 1lb during that time of the month

Pooh_Friend#1
03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
However as I said I did lose .5 off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. So since Jan, I have lost 2 inches off my chest, 3.5 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my hips. I really want the weight to start coming off though.....
Great job, congratulations!!!!:cool1: I think I would rather lose inches than pounds!!! Keep up the hard work. Yes, I think you gain water weight when it is that time of the month.

myprincessgirlisa
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I AGREE THAT its better to lose inches than pounds....they do say muscle weighs more than fat

im going to check out what Lifetime fitness has to offer today.....a 24hr gym could be useful when Im bored & want to eat...I would have no excuses

glad to see some of you have kept with it so well...i wish I could say the same, but having a mother in law living with us has not helped....endless amount of fattening homemade mexican food...yum!!!;)

Raspberry Bubbles
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
I had the :banana: BEST:banana: day today! The school secretary was behind me coming through from breaktime and she came to my classroom and said "I just have to say, you are looking amazing!" I was so happy! DF can't notice it as he sees me each day, but others notice - I am delighted! It's happening, it's dissolving away, slowly but surely! I hope you're all having as good a day as I am! :):woohoo:

Raspberry Bubbles
03-12-2007, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=myprincessgirlisa;17514482]I AGREE THAT its better to lose inches than pounds....they do say muscle weighs more than fat
QUOTE]

Also, once you build muscle, it burns calories even whilst you're doing nothing! :) Pump it up!!!! :cheer2:

myprincessgirlisa
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=myprincessgirlisa;17514482]I AGREE THAT its better to lose inches than pounds....they do say muscle weighs more than fat
QUOTE]

Also, once you build muscle, it burns calories even whilst you're doing nothing! :) Pump it up!!!! :cheer2:

OK....your excitment in the previous post got me excited.....congrats & keep it up!!!!:cheer2:

Raspberry Bubbles
03-12-2007, 02:43 PM
We're gonna do it by crikey - I know we are! Just a bit less of this: :happytv: and a bit more of this: :cheer2: and we'll get there in no time! I'm off to cook my tea stood on one leg (good for core stability I hear!)!

tinkerbride19
03-12-2007, 02:56 PM
i need to lose baby fat!! i had my son 2 months ago, and already have lost about 30lbs (gained 50lbs during my pregnancy... but he was a 10 pounder, so he needed all the twinkies i was eating daily! haha.. thats how i justify my bad pregnancy eating habits) well now those twinkies have come to rest on my tummy, and they refuse to leave!!! I'm eating healthy now, but it seems like i'm gaining MORE weight :confused: i need to lose that extra 20 lbs to get back to pre pregnancy weight and shape!

-- got any good tips on losing that extra 20lbs, and getting toned up?? How did any other mommies lose that baby weight?? I got a while till the wedding, so i'm hopeful on losing it.. but i don't know where to start...

Pooh_Friend#1
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I had the :banana: BEST:banana: day today! The school secretary was behind me coming through from breaktime and she came to my classroom and said "I just have to say, you are looking amazing!" I was so happy! DF can't notice it as he sees me each day, but others notice - I am delighted! It's happening, it's dissolving away, slowly but surely! I hope you're all having as good a day as I am! :):woohoo:
Yay, congrats!! :banana: I really need to try harder.....I need to motivate myself.

myprincessgirlisa
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
i need to lose baby fat!! i had my son 2 months ago, and already have lost about 30lbs (gained 50lbs during my pregnancy... but he was a 10 pounder, so he needed all the twinkies i was eating daily! haha.. thats how i justify my bad pregnancy eating habits) well now those twinkies have come to rest on my tummy, and they refuse to leave!!! I'm eating healthy now, but it seems like i'm gaining MORE weight :confused: i need to lose that extra 20 lbs to get back to pre pregnancy weight and shape!

-- got any good tips on losing that extra 20lbs, and getting toned up?? How did any other mommies lose that baby weight?? I got a while till the wedding, so i'm hopeful on losing it.. but i don't know where to start...

THE biggest advice anyone could ever give you is to stick with it !

When I had my "princess girl", I did 10 flights of stairs every morning before work & I lost a ton of weight, but then I got lazy(&older) & it came back & now im heavier than I was right after I had her....bad me...
for the tummy, i recommend the balance ball for situps....& try& mix it up..dont do just one type of situp, alternate
Also, do lots of walking....I cant tell you how many times Id load up the stroller & walk all over town....one time i was gone for over 5hrs & DH was ready to call the cops until I walked in....so walk whenever you can.

Congrats on your little one:goodvibes

Tiggerific04
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Congratulations! :banana:

myprincessgirlisa
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
heigh hoo....heigh hoo...its off to work out i go!!!

after work...its official for 3 months...no excuses now;) its paid for

Pooh_Friend#1
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
So far I have gotten 2 compliments today about looking good and if I have lost any weight!!! Yay....that makes me feel better that other people are starting to notice!!!

PrettyInTink
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi girls! Congrats on all of the compliments! :) I know it feels good after hard work. My dh and I are starting the Master Cleanse fast tomorrow (also known as the lemonade diet). We just need a little boost to get us going again..I feel so bad because when I met dh he was living in Ft Lauderdale and was a tan, buff, body builder. I fattened him right up with my southern cooking! The other day I was talking about the VR and he told me that he would start getting more excited as we lost more weight. I feel so bad like its all my fault. But I have always been able to lose weight when I was unhappy, and packed on the pounds when I am happy! I guess that says good things about my marriage, right? Keep up the good work ladies! I know my VR is still 3 yrs away, but I think 3 might go try on gowns in a few weeks just for inspiration!

j_lehr
03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I have been on and off weight watchers for a few years. I lost a lot of weight back in 2001, then had surgery and gained a bunch back.

At the end of January I decided to focus again on weight watchers. And for lent this year, I decided to give up soda, chocolate, cakes, cookies, etc. I am losing weight so easily this time. I normally avoid fast foods anyway, so giving up junk food, as really got me eating healthier. And now that I don't drink soda, I drink a lot more water. I have lost almost 11 pounds since the end of January.

I don't really exercise much although I try. I quit the gym because I never went and I decided I was going to stop kidding myself about "I'll go next week, etc...". Now I try to find things that I like to do...we bought dance dance revolution for the playstation 2 and my daughter (who is a rail, lol) and I play all the time. Not only am I moving, I am spending time with her. And my DF and I take walks after dinner together when it's nice out. So it doesnt' even feel like I am exercising because I am with him and we are chatting the whole time. I also park farther away from the door at work and take the stairs.

I almost don't want Lent to end!! LOL. I love junk food so that was always very hard for me to stop. But I am hoping that my success so far will motivate me to keep going. I only have about five-ten more that I want to lose and then I just need to keep it off!!! Good Luck to everyone!!

purplegirl247
04-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I realized I'm FIFTEEN DAYS OUT. Eek! :scared1: I know that two weeks isn't enough time to have too much of an effect, but I'm trying to eat really well and exercise nonetheless. That way, I can look back and say I did the best I could and know that I looked fabulous (as opposed to slacking off these last two weeks and wondering if I could've "done more").

Both my boss and the lady at David's Bridal the other day said that I was looking quite slim. :woohoo: ! I haven't actually lost any more weight, but I like to pretend that I look more fit than I did when I started several months ago.

How's everyone else doing? Keeping up the good work?? :cheer2:

PrettyInTink
04-08-2007, 12:14 PM
You are so close! I have a few tips for ya (old pageant days). For 2 weeks before beauty pageants I ate only lean meat, veggies, fruit, and lots of water. It cuts way back on bloating and all of the fruit makes you glow! Just a tip.....Congrats on upcoming wedding!

Pooh_Friend#1
04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I realized I'm FIFTEEN DAYS OUT. Eek! :scared1: I know that two weeks isn't enough time to have too much of an effect, but I'm trying to eat really well and exercise nonetheless. That way, I can look back and say I did the best I could and know that I looked fabulous (as opposed to slacking off these last two weeks and wondering if I could've "done more").

Both my boss and the lady at David's Bridal the other day said that I was looking quite slim. :woohoo: ! I haven't actually lost any more weight, but I like to pretend that I look more fit than I did when I started several months ago.

How's everyone else doing? Keeping up the good work?? :cheer2:
Oh wow, it is coming so close!!!! Congrats. :cool1: Good job, I have been trying my very hardest. I always take the stairs, drink at leat 96 oz of water, eat very healthy, go to the gym....but still weigh the same I did 2 weeks ago. I am very frustrated!!! I was very bad and ate ham today. Happy Easter everyone.

purplegirl247
04-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I think Easter was a bit rough on all of us! :rolleyes1 I managed to keep it to protein and veggies, like PrettyinTink suggested. Well, it wasn't lean protein exactly (I, too, had some ham), but I was at least more conscientious of what I was putting on my plate. I didn't even have any dessert! :thumbsup2

PoorFriend, I totally hear ya. I've been very good since January (drinking lots of water, taking the stairs, eating more veggies, lifting weights, working out, etc.) and have lost...four pounds. Four pounds in three months! *sighs* I keep telling myself that I'm healthier now than I was over Christmas, and that I have more muscle now or whatever, but it's so frustrating when you don't see the scale move!

Pooh_Friend#1
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
PoorFriend, I totally hear ya. I've been very good since January (drinking lots of water, taking the stairs, eating more veggies, lifting weights, working out, etc.) and have lost...four pounds. Four pounds in three months! *sighs* I keep telling myself that I'm healthier now than I was over Christmas, and that I have more muscle now or whatever, but it's so frustrating when you don't see the scale move!

That is it, I am not seeing any muscle, my clothes are not getting looser, etc.....what the heck am I doing wrong. :confused3

myprincessgirlisa
04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
ok girls...i totally hear you

ive been working my butt off for over a month & i gained weight:confused:

but i do feel better, so i cant complain...its not just about weight loss...its about health too!!

congrats purplegirl247...thats awesome....15days!!! im so jealous!! have a great time. Im sure you'll look great...it seems we dont notice it ourselves, but people around you see it, so thats a good sign:thumbsup2

dont give up girls!!!

sometimes you go up, just before you drop. so dont stop!!!:banana:

PrettyInTink
04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi girls! I have been not doing so well. I do great out on the road, when we are home I don't do so well. We are back out on the road now and I am doing ok. I need to exercise more. I need to kick it into high gear! Any ideas for an overworked, stressed out truck driver?

purplegirl247
04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Maybe whenever you stop (either for a break or for the night or whatever), you can take a quick walk. They say that if you are able to work in quick bursts of activity during the day, it's just as effective as working out all at the same time. And maybe lots of healthy snacks? Load up on lots of apples and bananas and stuff like that?

It's funny that you do better on the road. I always have great self control at home (I just don't stock up on snacky foods at the house) but if I'm travelling, I tend to pick up any ol' delicious item and pop it in my mouth!

Keep up the good work!

laura forbes
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
congratulations to all of you, you all sound like you are doing really well and for those of you who are a bit stuck right now maybe its just your bodies trying to tell you dont need to lose anymore right now.

I like many of you have put on four stones (50ish pounds) since I met my DF almost 8 years ago. we are now planning our DFTW although its not for a while yet but I could do with support now cause I would really like to start looking at dresses in the nest year or so.

I lost alot the first time I went to Weight watchers a few years ago - almost 3 stone - but then put it all back on again the second time I went back I tried and tried spent a lot on my weekly fees but just had no motivation and lost almost nothing.

I have just moved and its great cause I can now walk to work and the shops something I havent been able to do for a long time because of the distance where we lived before and this has given me the motivation to start again. I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

Any way good luck to you all and keep up the hard work.:flower3:

myprincessgirlisa
04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
congratulations to all of you, you all sound like you are doing really well and for those of you who are a bit stuck right now maybe its just your bodies trying to tell you dont need to lose anymore right now.

I like many of you have put on four stones (50ish pounds) since I met my DF almost 8 years ago. we are now planning our DFTW although its not for a while yet but I could do with support now cause I would really like to start looking at dresses in the nest year or so.

I lost alot the first time I went to Weight watchers a few years ago - almost 3 stone - but then put it all back on again the second time I went back I tried and tried spent a lot on my weekly fees but just had no motivation and lost almost nothing.

I have just moved and its great cause I can now walk to work and the shops something I havent been able to do for a long time because of the distance where we lived before and this has given me the motivation to start again. I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

welcome;

we are here anytime you need us

:hug:

Pooh_Friend#1
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

It's a sign. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes You can lose the weight again. It is good to start early since it is a lifestyle change.

Belle1981
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok ladies I am upset with myself...I have not posted everyday like I said I was going to. On an upside I have been going back to the gym and getting better at following WW. Easter killed me! Those chocolate bunnies are just too yummy!!!!!

myprincessgirlisa
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok ladies I am upset with myself...I have not posted everyday like I said I was going to. On an upside I have been going back to the gym and getting better at following WW. Easter killed me! Those chocolate bunnies are just too yummy!!!!!

its hard, dont let it get to you

just take the steps forward...going back to the gym is a good start:thumbsup2 good job

ive been going to the gym 5 days a week & havent lost a pound.....but im building muscle
one thing I hate right now is my skin is going thru sweat shock & ive been breaking out....it sucks

btw: you can steal stuff from me anytime;) i wont pull a donald or paris on you & try to trademark anything for money:rotfl2:

myprincessgirlisa
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
time to reserct this thread & keep the weight loss discussion here

& this isnt just for weight loss...its also for beauty and other things.........like..........hair: i just got mine trimmed & who does it feel nice!!
I want to grow it out, but it was looking fried on the ends.

my nails need a little tlc since its coming into sandal season

ive been using the banana boat daily summer glow for a hint of color...so far i like it

Ive been using several creams for my "lovely" forehead wrinkles...i need to stop with all those facial expressions

Ive been looking into those lip treatments,,,,anyone try any??

I just recently got Fekkai's summer hair line & boy does it smell good....cant wait to try it out

and since im eating better, i get all the "fun" that comes with it...like bloat....so i invested in these charcoal supplements to see if they help...ill let you know how it goes

anyone else;)

Pooh_Friend#1
04-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I have been trying to remember to moisturize, but I keep forgetting!!!! I didn't realize charcoal could help with bloating. Keep us updated if the pills help.

Belle1981
04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok I am back and PROUD! Well I lost 3 pounds last week! More water drinking and less food eating! I am up to 13 pounds now....20 more to go! I am even more impressed since I lost the weight on a week that is normally a HUGE WEEK TO GAIN (if you know what I mean!) I am slowly getting to the gym but HOLY COW IT's hard! The weekend plan is to go out and enjoy this great weather and take some great long walks! Good luck everyone

purplegirl247
04-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks to someone's advice of cutting back on carbs, I've lost an additional two pounds! Whoo hoo! I've lost a total of 7 pounds since January. My goal was to lose 8 pounds, so that's not too shabby! (Just so you know, I didn't cut carbs out entirely; just made sure I put more protein and veggies on my plate instead of my usual pasta/bread/etc.)

We bought a pedometer last night. It won't help with wedding weight loss (obviously) but we've always been curious how far you actually walk when you're at Disney! It seems like you're miles and miles but I wonder how much you actually cover...

Stay tuned and I'll let you know next week!

And congrats to Belle, for losing an additional 3 pounds!

o0IrishEyes0o
04-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Just thought I'd hop in on this thread :) I want to inspire and be inspired!

I have lost 6.8 lbs in about 3 weeks of working out and changing my diet. I eat healthier foods and anything carb related that I eat... I eat whole wheat.

And let me just say... I have not been perfect. I have cheated (bad... can we say chipotle??) and I have NOT exercised 6 days a week like I am supposed to... and I've still dropped the weight. The exercise program I am on is just that awesome. Since I've seen such amazing progress even without me committing 110%, I am really going to try to buckle down and improve.

And my wedding dress is bigger already. I am hoping that I have to send it back and get a smaller size :) That would rock my world!

Pooh_Friend#1
04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
And my wedding dress is bigger already. I am hoping that I have to send it back and get a smaller size :) That would rock my world!
Welcome!!! Wouldn't that be great!!! :cool1:

LuluLovesDisney
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, I'm not engaged, but since I am officially the most OVERplanned unengaged wannabe DISbride, (BF and I have been together 5 years, but I've been planning my DFTV for 10 years, lol) I have to join! I cut and paste dresses, flowers, everything else I like but losing weight is just as important (some might say more so!)

I have been up and down many times- even losing 97 lbs in high school (went from a size 20 to a loose size 6) and I've never been able to stay at a healthy weight. Last summer/fall I lost 30 again, but gained 7-8 back and have been at a standstill ever since.

Tomorrow I am starting the LA Weight Loss plan and I really hope it will be successful for me. I am supposed to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day and I am going to give up my late night eating. (I often eat dinner at 9:30 when I get home from my second job - I think that may be responsible for the plateau problem). Anyway, you girls are doing so great here and your enthusiasm and planning might help me to keep on track. Ideally, I would like to lose 30 lbs,. by August 10 (our next WDW trip).

Congrats to all who have done well so far. Let's remember what is really important. I know that I am taping a picture of the wedding dress I really like to my fridge so I will be reminded before I nibble.

myprincessgirlisa
05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
The weather is getting nicer so I hope you girls are taking long walks or going outside or getting some type of exercise!!!

Alot of you are close so get those walking shoes out & warm those legs up & get em ready for all the walking you'll be doing.

Carry around those water bottles everywhere & put one in the car.

apply sunscreen so you dont get burned.....you dont want to be glowing or peeling on your big day!!

anyone want to add???:yay:

purplegirl247
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Use lots of chapstick! I get chapped lips all the time and had to consciously remember to keep applying chapstick.

In other news, I was a bad girl on the honeymoon and gained 3 pounds back. In a week! Eep! And just now I had not only a small piece of ice cream cake but also a small piece of lemon meringue pie.

The good news is that I'm not nearly as stressed about my weight, post wedding, so have cut myself some slack. The GREAT news is that before I started eating better, those small pieces would have been large pieces. Points for effort, right??

Pooh_Friend#1
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Use lots of chapstick! I get chapped lips all the time and had to consciously remember to keep applying chapstick.

In other news, I was a bad girl on the honeymoon and gained 3 pounds back. In a week! Eep! And just now I had not only a small piece of ice cream cake but also a small piece of lemon meringue pie.

The good news is that I'm not nearly as stressed about my weight, post wedding, so have cut myself some slack. The GREAT news is that before I started eating better, those small pieces would have been large pieces. Points for effort, right??
Congratulations!! Looking forward to reading about your wedding.

I have been bad BAD BAD!!!!! I went to Virginia Beach last week for work and stuffed myself full of seafood all week long!!!! I now have to get back to being dedicated and refocus!!

Belle1981
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Don't be so hard on yourselves guys! You can still eat the foods you love its all about moderation!

I am down 13.5 pounds and I have 20 more to go before the wedding and there are some days I have that HUGE slice of pizza and some I eat really well....You can't deprive yourself. Weighing in tomorrow here is hoping I have lost.:scared: fingers crossed!

myprincessgirlisa
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
www.skincancertakesfriends.org

get your FREE skin cancer screening girls!!!!!!!

lurkyloo
05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
We bought a pedometer last night. It won't help with wedding weight loss (obviously) but we've always been curious how far you actually walk when you're at Disney! It seems like you're miles and miles but I wonder how much you actually cover...

Stay tuned and I'll let you know next week!

Soo..... how many miles did you cover in WDW? :)

Tiggerific04
06-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I completely fell off the wagon these past couple months and I haven't been exercising or really eating as good as I should have been.

My dad mentioned that he had done the Special K diet and lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks (he only ate it once a day instead of twice). I figured I would give it a shot and see what happened.

I got DF on board and we both chose our own cereal as neither of us likes Special K. DF chose Corn Flakes and I chose Kashi Organic Promise Cinnamon Harvest. I've been eating yogurt for breakfast, Lean Cuisine for lunch, fruit for a snack, and the cereal for dinner. We've still been going out to eat once a week as a treat to ourselves. I've lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half. DF doesn't keep track of his weight, but he thinks that the Corn Flakes have made a difference for him as well ;)

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to try it!

Pooh_Friend#1
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I got DF on board and we both chose our own cereal as neither of us likes Special K. DF chose Corn Flakes and I chose Kashi Organic Promise Cinnamon Harvest. I've been eating yogurt for breakfast, Lean Cuisine for lunch, fruit for a snack, and the cereal for dinner. We've still been going out to eat once a week as a treat to ourselves. I've lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half. DF doesn't keep track of his weight, but he thinks that the Corn Flakes have made a difference for him as well ;)

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to try it!
I tried this once. I had the Special K cereal for breakfast and dinner and had a salad for lunch with either chicken or tuna. At night I would have plain popcorn with the Morton Lite Salt for snack...but I ended up gaining 2 pounds. I tried so hard for 2 weeks and was spot on with the skim milk, etc. I have no idea what I did wrong!! But good reminder thanks. I think I want to try it again.

KQAN
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm glad this thread got bumped, it keeps me inspired...even though I am not planning a wedding and mostly just lurk here, I'm always up for losing a few pounds!

Lately I've taken up yoga and that makes me feel stronger and more flexible, and also less stressed. I go to a beginner class once a week, twice if I can fit it in. The other days, I walk/run in the evenings after work, and do crunches/squats, and I bought a 8-lb hand weight for my arms. Discipline is my biggest issue though.

I try to focus on eating well, and for the most part I do...a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains. But again, discipline is hardest thing to maintain.

Good luck to everyone, and keep up the great work!

PrincessLinds
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Since last spring I have gone from 132 lbs. to 106 lbs. Not actually for a wedding, but for my 5-year high school reunion LOL. (I refused to be the girl that everyone was like, "Whoa, SHE gained weight!") I'm only 5'1", so 132 was a little bigger than I needed to be, but now I'm down to my ideal weight for my height. I've also gone from a 31" waist to a 26" waist. And I did it all by just making little changes one at a time.

Here's how I did it:

1. While watching tv, instead of sitting on the couch, I started doing some crunches. I started out doing 100 a day, usually in sets of 40-40-20 (resting a few minutes between sets) until my abs got stronger. Then I moved up to 200 a day, in sets of 60-40-60-40. Eventually I got to 300 a day, doing 100 at a time. I now to between 400-500 a day (100 at a time), and it's made such a difference! I now have defined obliques and a completely flat stomach. I also do cardio such as swimming or running for a half hour each day.

2. When I crave ice cream, instead of going to Coldstone Creamery or eating Godiva White Chocolate Rspberry Swirl ice cream (which I used to keep in the house...another no-no :sad2: ) I either eat a frozen fruit bar, or, if I absolutely have to have ICE CREAM, I eat a Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich (they're only 120 calories each and you can get them at most grocery stores).

3. I snack on air-popped popcorn instead of potato chips, and eat things that are high in fiber.

4. I only drink soda as a treat when I go out to eat, but I usually go with lemonade anyway.

5. I try to be aware of portion sizes, especially at restaurants. I usually only eat half, and take the rest home for a meal the next day.

I found that by making these changes one at a time, they eventually have become part of my lifestyle, and no longer require much thought or discipline. And trust me, if a lazy person like me can do it, anyone can! :cheer2:

luv4mylittleones
06-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Since last spring I have gone from 132 lbs. to 106 lbs. Not actually for a wedding, but for my 5-year high school reunion LOL. (I refused to be the girl that everyone was like, "Whoa, SHE gained weight!") I'm only 5'1", so 132 was a little bigger than I needed to be, but now I'm down to my ideal weight for my height. I've also gone from a 31" waist to a 26" waist. And I did it all by just making little changes one at a time.

Here's how I did it:

1. While watching tv, instead of sitting on the couch, I started doing some crunches. I started out doing 100 a day, usually in sets of 40-40-20 (resting a few minutes between sets) until my abs got stronger. Then I moved up to 200 a day, in sets of 60-40-60-40. Eventually I got to 300 a day, doing 100 at a time. I now to between 400-500 a day (100 at a time), and it's made such a difference! I now have defined obliques and a completely flat stomach. I also do cardio such as swimming or running for a half hour each day.

2. When I crave ice cream, instead of going to Coldstone Creamery or eating Godiva White Chocolate Rspberry Swirl ice cream (which I used to keep in the house...another no-no :sad2: ) I either eat a frozen fruit bar, or, if I absolutely have to have ICE CREAM, I eat a Weight Watchers ice cream sandwich (they're only 120 calories each and you can get them at most grocery stores).

3. I snack on air-popped popcorn instead of potato chips, and eat things that are high in fiber.

4. I only drink soda as a treat when I go out to eat, but I usually go with lemonade anyway.

5. I try to be aware of portion sizes, especially at restaurants. I usually only eat half, and take the rest home for a meal the next day.

I found that by making these changes one at a time, they eventually have become part of my lifestyle, and no longer require much thought or discipline. And trust me, if a lazy person like me can do it, anyone can! :cheer2:

I'm sorry...when I started reading your post I looked up an told DF...this girl better only be 5ft tall!! haha! Good for you...I hope to discipline myself as much! Congrats...you're gonna knock them dead! PS...it's my 10 year reunion and I am so not going! :P

Pooh_Friend#1
06-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Here's how I did it:

This is so inspiring to me. I am printing out your post and putting it up at work and at home to remind me little steps count!! Thanks. :goodvibes

purplegirl247
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Soo..... how many miles did you cover in WDW? :)

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread! My pedometer was pretty solid around 5 miles every day. However, I don't know if I quite finagled the set up right (the instructions were pretty complicated: measure ten steps, in put it, walk 100 steps, confirm the steps are correct within ten, then adjust the pedometer settings up or down...riiiiiight). Anywho, I'm going to go with about 4 miles a day, which isn't bad for having a great time while doing it! On the second or third day of the honeymoon, I was pretty sore, so that's got to count for something! :goodvibes

Alas, since the wedding, which was a scant 6 weeks ago, I've gained 3 pounds back (I *may* have gone a little overboard enjoying both the honeymoon and married life :cutie:). But I've starting swimming again in the morning, which is really good for arm muscles and overall fitness. Right now I can only manage to get my lazy butt up for 25 minutes 3 days a week, but I'm hoping to increase that soon. Have to fit in the dress I bought for princessdisneybelle's wedding on July 2! :eek:

myprincessgirlisa
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
bumped

for all the new brides & past brides:goodvibes

this is the spot for weightloss & wedding day beauty

luv4mylittleones
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for bumping this...I really need some motivation to get off my fat rump! I'm so nervous about my wedding dress not fitting. I think I was overly ambitious when I ordered it. :sad2:

Summer-Caitlin
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm agreeing with you. I need more motivation. My dress is due in the next 2 weeks and I'm scared. I know I haven't lost all I intended to lose and I'm panicing. Everyone says I have lost a lot of weight and it is noticible but to tell you the truth it isn't that noticible to me, I mean I can see it but not the huge amount I have lost. I have lost 35 pounds to date:)
I am going to start doing some weight training now, I'm really down to the line.:scared:

jenny08
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the bump!

My family is starting a "biggest loser" competition to help everyone get ready for my wedding. Hopefully this thread will help motivate me as well!

IrishLily
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for bumping this post, otherwise I would have never even read it! My wedding is a ways out, but I know it will definitely take me that long to lose the 20lbs. I hope to. I do exercise Mon-Fri doing an hour on the elliptical, but it's so hard for me to get the motivation to then go and do weight training. My DF is the opposite. We don't go out as much as we used to mainly becuase we're trying to save money, so that helps. And I've substituted my diet soda at work for water. My problem is that I always skip breakfast. My DF yells at me and says that I should eat it so it will start my metabolism for the day, but when I do for some reason I always go overboard the rest of the day and feel fat.

I haven't gotten on the scale for a while, because I used to weigh myself everyday in the morning before I ate so that I would be the lightest I could possibly be. But that got depressing because too often it would stay the same of go up .5 lbs. after working out and eating well the previous day. UGH, I wish I was one of those girls that had it easy--fast metabolism where no matter what I ate I wouldn't gain any weight. Funny how my brothers all got this gene. Eat a bag of Doritos for them in one day and they LOSE weight the next day. Unfair!

PrincessBride07
07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks Cori for bringing this thread back. ;)

Ok, I have never posted on this thread before so here I go. I have been slowly slipping on my diet and workout lifestyle lately. (I prefer to say that because I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years now.) I'm so afraid that if I slip anymore that I will not fit into my wedding dress. :scared1: My goal is to lose around 10 pounds (but that is negotionable) and tone up. I have enlisted the help of a personal trainer. Last night was my first session, and it went pretty well. Though everything was set somewhat easy to test my limits. I'm a little sore this morning, but it will be well worth it when I look killer in my wedding dress. :laughing:

Summer-Caitlin
07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Erin, you look beautiful:hug: I'm surprised that you want to lose 20 pounds, that's quite a lot. I would say to cut back on the elliptical and put in some weight training instead. maybe 30 min elliptical and 30 min weight training. This is what I'm gonna do, I think weight training actually works better for me.

Tink21
07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
COUNT ME IN!!!! I would love the encouragement to stay on track. I think that this is a wonderful idea. I have gained quite a bit since my DF and I met, and I want to get back to the weight that I was when we met.

myprincessgirlisa
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
welcome ladies...glad you are ready to all hop on board

1st rule of weightloss.....dont be so addicted to the scale...muscle weighs more than fat...i havent dropped more than 5lbs in over 3 months, but i can see things look more toned & tight & that is way better than flabby & cellulite!!!

Breakfast is important, so try....i was a skipper too, but now my biggest meal is breakfast...it takes some time to get used to

Infact....try & consider all we are doing a lifestyle change & not a diet...think about yourself in 40-50yrs..do you wanna be overweight & unhealthy or do you wanna look younger than you are & live to 100:goodvibes

ok...so whats everyone doing....

i am up to 22mins eliptical & 20-30mins weights
I try & eat out only 2xs a week & drink loads of water & watered down iced tea
My sweet snack is 1 rice crispy treat or 1(out of 2) almond joy
To avoid workout breakouts i wet down the towel at the gym & swipe my face several time...it actually makes my skin feel great afterward

FlowerJ723
07-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Today makes 3 weeks that I've been on my diet! I don't know if I lost weight b/c I have no scale so I can't wait to go to my friends house this wknd to weigh myself. My pants are loser on my so that's a good sign but I'm nervous b/c if I didn't lose I'll so upset b/c I've been doing really good on my diet. Instead of only eating once a day I've started eating either Raisen Bran or a Special K bar for breakfast, for lunch I eat either a lean cuisine or a 6g of fat or less subway sandwhich on wheat, and for dinner I eat baked fish or chicken or if I don't have time to cook I'll get a small chili from wendy's and a plain baked potatoe...basically I stay 1200 calories and lower. I have not incorporated excerise yet but I'm pretty proud of myself and I hope the scale helps me out a little and provides me with some satisfaction...pray for me!

PrincessBride07
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
1st rule of weightloss.....dont be so addicted to the scale...muscle weighs more than fat...i havent dropped more than 5lbs in over 3 months, but i can see things look more toned & tight & that is way better than flabby & cellulite!!!

ok...so whats everyone doing....

i am up to 22mins eliptical & 20-30mins weights
I try & eat out only 2xs a week & drink loads of water & watered down iced tea
My sweet snack is 1 rice crispy treat or 1(out of 2) almond joy
To avoid workout breakouts i wet down the towel at the gym & swipe my face several time...it actually makes my skin feel great afterward

Totally agree with the scales issue. I did personal training last year, and gained 4 pounds. My clothes were smaller, and I was a lot more toned though.

What I am doing
Cardio ~ 35 minutes on the treadmill (10 walking and 25 running/jogging)
I try and drink at least two bottles of water everyday. I also limit myself to two sodas a day, and of course they are diet.
My sweet snack is a square of Ghiridelhi's twilight dark chocolate or mint dark chocolate. (I have heard that one piece of dark chocolate is equivalent to a cup of coffee a day, so I don't think it is all that bad.)
My useful tips is to have a some sort of protein after you workout, especially with weights. I try and do the Special K protein Bars or drinks. Also, Pria has some really good bars to that have some protein in them. It will help heal the muscles.

Summer-Caitlin
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Well I always have a brisk 20 min walk at lunch time and I have been doing 20 min on the elliptical. I have also been doing 100 sit ups, 100 on the torso trainer (trimwheel) 100 twists and I have been doing leg weights.
I am now going to look at doing 20 min weight training and 10 min elliptical and still incorporating all of the other exercises.
I drink water all day, no more coffee at work. I have 1 or 2 cups at home. I haven't had chocolate in 2 weeks and 3 days:sad2: I really miss it.

IrishLily
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Erin, you look beautiful I'm surprised that you want to lose 20 pounds, that's quite a lot. I would say to cut back on the elliptical and put in some weight training instead. maybe 30 min elliptical and 30 min weight training. This is what I'm gonna do, I think weight training actually works better for me.

Thank you so much! Although you can see a head shot of me, that is not the real story. haha. In fact, I never wear shorts except to work out because I hate the look of my legs (yes even in the TX summer heat). So hopefully I will be able to when I'm in WDW for the wedding. And you're so right about weight training being better. It's very good for women to do this because our bones get weaker as we get older, I believe moreso than men. Ok, today I will strive to cut back on elliptical and do more weight training!

Oh and on a side note Summer-Caitlin...how is Scotland? I have always really wanted to go, but DF doesn't see the appeal. If I were to take a trip there, what are the places you would recommend seeing?

Summer-Caitlin
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Oh and on a side note Summer-Caitlin...how is Scotland? I have always really wanted to go, but DF doesn't see the appeal. If I were to take a trip there, what are the places you would recommend seeing?

Erin, I'm probably not the best person to ask about Scotland. I'm afraid I'd side with your DF on this one. My DF and I are moving to Australia next year:rotfl: However I will not be pessimistic. From an outsider POV, there is some beautiful countryside. Edinburgh and Glasgow are really nice citys, loads of shops, history and architecture. I live in Aberdeen and it's small. I am a big city girl, grew up in Sydney, so I can't stand small towns. We live in a granite city, all the buildings are grey and it rains all the time. I find it depressing. But, I know that many Americans love it here, it's so different. Maybe as a vacation it would be okay, If you were to come over I would suggest nothing longer than a few days, depending on how much you like countryside:rolleyes1

IrishLily
07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Haha. Maybe we'll just rent a car or something and we'll visit England, Wales, and Scotland altogether. That way if DF isn't feeling it we can always turn around.

Pooh_Friend#1
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
What a coincidence that this thread came back up as I have been really bad at exercising and eating so this week I started to eat healthy and workout again. I am doing 35 minutes cardio (15 on the stationary bike, 20 on the treadmill), lifting weights to build up my arms, and doing 100 situps. I am so depressed that I can only run on the treadmill for 5 minutes, but I hope to build up my stamina soon.

myprincessgirlisa
07-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok ladies....howd everyone do last night!!!

I did 23mins w/3500 strides on the eliptical & another 20mins weights!!

I want to remind all you lovely brides to be that dont forget about your arms when working out
Alot of dress styles are sleevless & we want to show off our buff arms.......so dont neglect those upper bodies!!!!!

PrincessBride07
07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Well, I admit that I didn't do anything last night. It is my off night. Tonight I have my personal training session, and I think it will be chest and back night.

Ok, I really hate to wear headphones when working out; but there are some songs I love to work out to. What songs motivate you at the gym?

Here are some of mine. Notice they are all girls kick butt songs.
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Think - Aretha Franklin
U + Ur hand - Pink
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Dirrty - Christina Aquilera

myprincessgirlisa
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
What songs motivate you at the gym?

Here are some of mine. Notice they are all girls kick butt songs.
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Think - Aretha Franklin
U + Ur hand - Pink
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Dirrty - Christina Aquilera

Mine are

relax: frankie goes hollywood
hung up: madonna
most of Kylie Minogue
move your body: forgot artist
twilight zone:
pretty much any song that has a fast beat....i love those girl kick butt songs!!

CutieBugNY
07-19-2007, 09:47 PM
OK I'm in!! Our families started a weight PLEDGE -A--THON. in order to shape up for the wedding. We are taking in in 10 week intervals. We each pledged to loose so many lbs by the end of the 10 weeks. My SBIL even made a huge spred sheet that he up dates with everyones results and emails it out each week. I pledged 15lbs. we are on week 5 and I've lost 7 of those lbs but I feel i could be doing better If I would stop slacking on my exercizing. I was going to the Y twice a week to do a weigh class that i loved but since I'm heading upto NY for the next 3 weeks I didn't bother to sign up for our next session since I'll miss most of it. Being home all day (teacher off for the summer) gives me loads of time to do it but no motivation :sad2: So I hope keeping this thread active will help me to see everyone elses progress and get my butt in gear too ! :dance3:

luv4mylittleones
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
We just bought some weights so I'm hoping I actually use them, lol. DF is a huge fitness buff so I know he'll get me going in that dept. When we first starting dating we went to the gym together 3-5 times a week. I was in the best shape of my life! Sadly, after 2 miscarriages and several surgeries later I just stopped going. My latest surgery was 2.5 weeks ago and I always use the recovery period as an excuse. I was told I could work out again in about a week...I HAVE TO DO IT!!! I really do...and now that I'm a stay at home mom again I've really noticed how badly my eating habits have gotten. So that leads me to ask...what's your biggest vice? Mine is beer! I love my brew and drink way more than I should. I know it's causing me to pack on the pounds and I also tend to make poor eating choices after a few, lol. I'm going to try to cut back on beer...I've already switiched to a low calorie light beer, but that's not enough...I think I'm going to stop bringing it into the house altogether...I need to get the weight off and I'm sure it'll be better for my liver too...:laughing:

IrishLily
07-20-2007, 09:59 AM
My problem isn't beer, it's dessert (all of it). I don't mean a lousy popscicle, I'm talking ice-cream, brownies, cakes, and pies. I can eat a pretty skimpy dinner as long as I know I have a yummy dessert waiting for me later. Healthier choices like popscicles don't really cut it for me. I'm trying to cut back on at least the amount...which shouldn't be too hard this week since DF ate all of my ice-cream yesterday and I'm too lazy to run to the store for more. Now all we have are those icee-pop things. Boo.

On a better note, I did in fact do 30 mins. elliptical and 30 mins. leg workouts. I find it so much easier to work out my legs than arms because I hate my legs so much more.

PrincessBride07
07-20-2007, 11:29 AM
My biggest vice is too many "your doing really good with exercising" meals. I have been splurging to much here lately. I have gone back to my lean cuisine lunches and salad dinners most days. Today we are going to Chili's for lunch, but the guiltless grill menu is really good.

Last night I had my second session with my trainer. He killed my shoulders. When I was done with the shoulders set, I am painting here may I add in; he looks at me and says, "got the nose to flare on that one!". Apparently he can tell when I am giving my all in a set, because my nose flares. He finds it hilarious.

myprincessgirlisa
07-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Holly....thats funny...Im bad with splurge meals too...today its Mexican food!!

Just dont splurge to often:goodvibes

Its all about moderation

No working out tonight, but im sure ill still be moving around

Keep it up & stay focused girls....you will notice the difference in time & be so proud of yourselves!!

Leleluvsdis
07-20-2007, 01:27 PM
hey everyone... just found this board and think it great!!! It's always easier to lose when you have motivation...
just a tip, I don't know how many of you watch Live kelly and Regis, but this week is family fit week, and DF and I have started doing Kelly's workout together, and we LOVE it. We've done every night since Tuesday, and I've lost 3 pounds this week along with weight watchers!!! only 57 left lol!
Have a wonderful day ladies!

AbbyPan
07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Ladies!!! Wow, I can't beleive I just found this thread:confused3

Let's be honest...

I am trying to lose 10 pounds before the wedding. Right now I will go get myself wieghed and I will report back. Summer has inspired to go FULL FORCE!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/abbybaker_2007/dodgeball2.jpg

IrishLily
07-20-2007, 02:15 PM
What does Kelly do for working out? I'm not at home when it comes on, so I'll never know unless you tell me. Maybe they have it on the website though... I do know that weight watchers works, I've tried it before. I just got tired of certain things that I wanted not being in the book. I borrowed the book from a friend, so thank God I didn't have to pay money and have everyone else in my "group" know my weight. Although peer pressure I'm sure is great motivation! HA!

myprincessgirlisa
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
ABBY: glad to have you over here!!!

Girls: go with whatever works best for you!! & stick with it!!!

AbbyPan
07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
I too would like to hear about Kelly's regimen!

Ok, I went to get weighed and I ended up signing up with my old gym...:confused3 ok, ok, they had a promotion for the rest of the summer, I just had to. This means I can do my 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday like I used to...YAYE yes, girls with bog knockers can run too!

Alright, getting to the point.
My current weight is: 133lbs.
My goal:120lbs.

This means that I have exactly 2 months to lose 13 pounds. is that crazy?

myprincessgirlisa
07-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Ok, I went to get weighed and I ended up signing up with my old gym...:confused3 ok, ok, they had a promotion for the rest of the summer, I just had to. This means I can do my 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday like I used to...YAYE yes, girls with bog knockers can run too!

no but your gonna have to REALLY watch calories & work out at least 3-5 days a week
You can do it girl!!

PrincessBride07
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/joybauernutrition/16533/ten-summer-foods-that-help-you-lose-weight

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/gabbyguide/4759/the-simple-way-to-get-in-shape

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/hungrygirl/10612/summer-swappin-hg-style

Here is some interesting articles.

Maggimus
07-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Abby- you are much taller than I am and dont weight very much more than I do! And you think you are big?? I need to kick it in high gear -- im shorter than you are-- you have more bone to cover than I do!!

So i think i need the motivation too-- im going to join back in this thread. Ive been way too forgiving of myself lately. Maybe if i take some photos of myself in a bikini and put them up all over the house ill do better...:teacher: