PDA

View Full Version : Reception Pictures Request - need help!!!

Raspberry Bubbles
01-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey everyone - is there anywhere that has better photos of the reception locations at WDW? Or anyone would let me have a peep at their Reception Location photos? I'm sorry to be so cheeky, but the photos in the wishbook are soooo small and I want to see inside places to try and make a decision - any help would be appreciated! :)

JonetteA
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
These may or may not be available, and there may be more out there that I have not have any pictures of:

Ceremony locations:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=jonettea&aid=576460762373434741&pid=&wtok=AtCpdroMmlLGlKyLD9RjHg--&ts=1169753307&.src=ph

Reception locations:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=jonettea&aid=576460762373435229&pid=&wtok=SYRWcVlpgBpvjoSp8DFwRw--&ts=1169753354&.src=ph

Raspberry Bubbles
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Thank you SO much. I really appreciate your help :)

Janet2k
01-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Or anyone would let me have a peep at their Reception Location photos?

Hopefully, others will chime in with links to their personal photos so that you can get an idea of what some of their reception locations looked like.

I'll share my photos with you, but my venue was somewhat unique. I had a progressive party after-hours inside the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. My cocktail party was held in the Gangster area of the Great Movie Ride. My dinner party was held in the Western area, and my dessert party was held in the Land of Oz area. There also was a Handprint Ceremony prior to the dinner and an outdoor dance party after the dinner. Lots of area were decorated by Disney, as you'll see in my photos: click here (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/janettwokay/album/576460762326629411?pm_pageoption=ALL).

Have fun planning. The sky truly is the limit with Disney. They have such lovely reception venues (and quite fun, too).

Raspberry Bubbles
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much for sharing those with me! How many guests did you have? It looks so much fun! What a BEAUTIFUL wedding!!!

JonetteA
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
No problem. Anything we can do to help we will!

Janet2k
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you so much for sharing those with me! How many guests did you have? It looks so much fun! What a BEAUTIFUL wedding!!!

I had a custom vow renewal for my 20th wedding anniversary. There were 22 of us. It was the most incredible night of my life (and my husband’s, too). The Fairy Tale Weddings folks did an absolutely beautiful job with everything. I have no regrets. Not one. Well, maybe I do. The night had to end. Drats! Drats! Drats! ;)

Have fun choosing your location. It is a difficult task due to the number of lovely ceremony and reception venues.

Raspberry Bubbles
01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Thank you - it's so hard! I want a beautiful outdoor ceremony, a private indoor reception and a fantastic outdoor dessert party for the fireworks. I'll also try and cram in anything else I possibly can, but the wishbook is so limited in it's ability to hold more than one thing, such as a dessert party :(

Raspberry Bubbles
01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Hopefully, others will chime in with links to their personal photos so that you can get an idea of what some of their reception locations looked like.

I'll share my photos with you, but my venue was somewhat unique. I had a progressive party after-hours inside the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. My cocktail party was held in the Gangster area of the Great Movie Ride. My dinner party was held in the Western area, and my dessert party was held in the Land of Oz area. There also was a Handprint Ceremony prior to the dinner and an outdoor dance party after the dinner. Lots of area were decorated by Disney, as you'll see in my photos: click here (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/janettwokay/album/576460762326629411?pm_pageoption=ALL).

Have fun planning. The sky truly is the limit with Disney. They have such lovely reception venues (and quite fun, too).

What is a dance party? It looked SO much fun! Again, you looked like you had the best time!!!

Janet2k
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Raspberry Bubbles.

I wanted dancing at my custom vow renewal, so I added the option to my event list. I'm so glad I did, too, because it really was a lot of fun. The DJ that Disney provided was wonderful. He contacted me prior to my event and asked if I had any requests. Since there was going to be a full moon and a lunar eclipse on the night of my event, I asked him if he could play a set of songs that had "moonlight" in them. He was more than happy to oblige.

Janet2k
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Click here (http://disneyweddings.go.com/mediaplayer/location_receptions_themes.html?defLoc=8) to see photos on the official FTW site of various reception locations. When you're on that webpage, click on the thumbnails to see even more photos.

By the way, a few of the Great Movie Ride photos are actually of my event (Western Setup #2, Oz Setup #4, and Oz Setup #5).

Belle83007
01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Click here (http://disneyweddings.go.com/mediaplayer/location_receptions_themes.html?defLoc=8) to see photos on the official FTW site of various reception locations. When you're on that webpage, click on the thumbnails to see even more photos.

By the way, a few of the Great Movie Ride photos are actually of my event (Western Setup #2, Oz Setup #4, and Oz Setup #5).

Wow.. Janet they are beautiful pics, you sure had some nice events at Disney didnt you??I am going for my planning session in Feb so I am going to ask about the dessert party at the marina then given the info you gave me!!:goodvibes

Raspberry Bubbles
01-26-2007, 12:36 PM

Thank you once again! I looked at those before, but looking again I saw some pictures I had missed! It's a shame they don't have even more photos on there, so you can see EXACTLY how large an area is and what the layout is.

Janet2k
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
...beautiful pics, you sure had some nice events at Disney didnt you??I am going for my planning session in Feb so I am going to ask about the dessert party at the marina then given the info you gave me!!

Belle83007, thanks for the kind words. I have been fortunate to have either hosted or been a guest at many wonderful events in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Disney's event teams on both coasts certainly know how to throw a party.

Have fun at your Planning Session. And let me know how it goes regarding the possible marina event.

Janet2k
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
It's a shame they don't have even more photos on there, so you can see EXACTLY how large an area is and what the layout is.

Raspberry Bubbles, I have been pushing Disney for years to share more photos and videos on all of their websites (theme parks, resorts, Fairy Tale Weddings, etc.). I am hoping that one day soon, they'll bombard us with so much information that our little heads will spin. (Hope springs eternal!)

Raspberry Bubbles
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Raspberry Bubbles, I have been pushing Disney for years to share more photos and videos on all of their websites (theme parks, resorts, Fairy Tale Weddings, etc.). I am hoping that one day soon, they'll bombard us with so much information that our little heads will spin. (Hope springs eternal!)

Oh, that would be so wonderful! I have been waiting for my FTW DVD and Honeymoon brochure for well over 3 weeks now - the wishbook is so limited and you can't, for example, save all of your choices on there, such as dessert parties and extra photography add-ons as it deletes your original choice :( It's such a shame because it's a fantastic idea, the wishbook.
Maybe we could lobby Disney for more pictures! :cheer2: