PDA

View Full Version : When do you cash out?

Magical JenK
01-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Just wondering what your preference is? Do you cash out once you have enough for (example) $25 Disney GC or do you hold out in case SR does a get a $50 Disney GC for $45?

I have enough to cash out on both QR & SR (not the $50 for $45 though :sad1: ), but not sure if I should wait or get them now??

Just curious what you more experienced rewards DISers do!

Thanks!

Soccer Princess
01-25-2007, 10:41 AM
If I can get any sort of special (whether its $25 for 24 or better) on SR I cash-out. If not, I wait b/c she usually runs something once month or so. It just makes me nervous to not have it in my hands I guess lol. Plus, it's exciting to get them in the mail and add them to my collection. I like instant gratification ;)

Alice28
01-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I like instant gratification too!

I usually try to save up for a special cash out. But I think I have enough in gift cards for what I need for our upcoming trip, so I will be cashing out for the Disney Dollars...that way I can get regular dollars back when I spend them at Disney if I don't need it ALL. (you know, buy a .50 postcard and get $9.50 back in dollars). Ha, who am I kidding, we'll spend it all, but I just think the Dollars are more flexible and I like to give them to my kids too. :goodvibes

azgal81
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I usually wait on sunshine rewards just in case there is a special cashout. The other programs though QR,freeride, mypoints and CR don't have that so I always cash out at $25.

cxcelica
01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I usually wait on sunshine rewards just in case there is a special cashout. The other programs though QR,freeride, mypoints and CR don't have that so I always cash out at $25.

I usually wait for the special offers from sunshine rewards.

QR there is no need to wait.

CR there is a benefit to waiting. For the first 1,100 points the equation is 2.2 points equals one cent. After you reach 1,100 points every point your earn after 1,100 the equation becomes 2 points equals one cent. I am pretty sure my crazy equation works. Anyone else notice this!!

bunnyfoo
01-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Me too!

I managed to save up $27 on SR and I was hoping that there was going to be another $25 Disney GC special but this time it was on the $50 GC. I'm going to wait for a little while to cash out since we're not going until October.