PDA

View Full Version : Strongly leaning towards resale but still have ??

KingOMiami
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
DW and I are more and more interested in buying resale now as our finances will only allow us to initially start with a small contract in the 50 point range. We definitely want to do business with Tom & TSS since from what I have read, he and his staff seem to genuinely care about their customers and encourage questions.

Now, there is a contract for VWL that is available and I figure with the closing costs, it should just fall under our financial limits since it is $90 per point (I know DVC is selling VWL at $95/point). The tricky part is that the contract has no points for this year but it says there is no annual fee until next year. Is this a good enough trade-off?

DW and I are really like the look of VWL even though we have never seen the place (just the virtual tours and the floor plans from the DVC book) and we want it to be our home resort. The thing is, I have seen other resort contracts up for sale where there are points to use right off the bat and yet this one doesn't have any to use unless we borrow from next year.

Plus, for those who have bought resales, do you think DVC would let it pass ROFR or try to grab it?

Sorry if I am not making much sense, but DW and I are really do want to become part of the DVC family but we are very nervous about it.

mikron
01-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I would buy with limited money at OKW, if you are not pined in to vacation time. The 7 month booking will work 90% of time at any resort including WL. You should get OKW for less then WL, OKW is very nice and has the largest rooms of all the resorts. Buying at OKW would be cheaper and give you the 11 month booking time.

keliblue
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
FWIW... I would call the TTS and let them know what you are looking for (most times small contracts don't make to the web site) and start working with an agent. We had our hearts set on VWL and with a little patients, one finally came up with points available. It is really hard to buy a stripped contract and then have to wait a year to use it:sad2: or start borrowing right off the bat.. I would always feel like I was a year behind

Good Luck:hippie:

dumbo71
01-24-2007, 05:07 PM
FWIW... I would call the TTS and let them know what you are looking for (most times small contracts don't make to the web site) and start working with an agent. We had our hearts set on VWL and with a little patients, one finally came up with points available. It is really hard to buy a stripped contract and then have to wait a year to use it:sad2: or start borrowing right off the bat.. I would always feel like I was a year behind

Good Luck:hippie:

This is really a good point. For that kind of money you want some instant gratification. I just bought a new Lexus GX470. What if I had to wait a year to drive it?

Try to avoid the stripped contracts if you can.

aclov
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Smaller contracts tend to go faster on the resale market. As everyone always states "buy where you want to stay" You may have a harder time getting into VWL at the 7-month mark. There was another thread where someone was debating on OKW and VWL (not sure if you were the poster or someone else) but everyone was saying the same thing about having more difficulty getting into VWL as opposed to OKW most of the time being available at 7-months.

A contract with no points may be all-right for someone who is not planning on traveling until 08 or 09 but I completely understand that if you buy something you want to use it now. Your not paying dues for the points so that's seems fair, as long as your okay to wait or borrow. Check to see what the use year is too, I wouldn't want to wait until the end of the year for example Dec. 08 to get my allotment of fresh points. Hope this makes sense.

KingOMiami
01-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks folks, another contract came up a couple days ago with 32 points on it and Aug UY which DW and I have started the initial paperwork and submitted the deposit. So now it is just a matter of waiting it out to see if it passes ROFR

newcomer52
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks folks, another contract came up a couple days ago with 32 points on it and Aug UY which DW and I have started the initial paperwork and submitted the deposit. So now it is just a matter of waiting it out to see if it passes ROFR

I just passed with a 50 VWL contract at $90 Good luck to you.

js