PDA

View Full Version : New Contract Number

disneynutz
01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
We closed on a resale on 1/12 and we were added to the system today 1/22. :dance3: As I was looking over the member web site, I noticed that it shows a contract number different then what was listed on our sales contract and closing documents. My understanding was that the contract numbers don't change. Any ideas? :confused3

Happy Birthday Cat
01-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Do you currently own another contract with the same use year? If so, the new contract may have become and add-on to the original contract.

HBC

disneynutz
01-22-2007, 09:37 PM
No, this is our first DVC purchase.

Deb & Bill
01-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe the former owner has multiple contracts with that same number. So they had to give you a new one.

For example, with us we have XXXXX.0 XXXXX.1, XXXXX.2 and XXXXX.3 AND YYYYY.0 (different use year).

disneynutz
01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I am calling MS tomorrow to try and find out. I will post my findings, Thanks for your thoughts. ;)

SleepyatDVC
01-23-2007, 01:30 AM
We purchased 2 resales with the same UY in 2001 a couple of months apart.

DVC assigned a totally new contract number for the first contract we bought and was smart enough to catch the second contract we bought and assign it a contract number that became the add-on (xxx.02) to the first.

disneynutz
01-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I called MS and asked about the contract # changing. The original contract # is not in the system. MS refered me to Contract Administration. Their recording requests a email which failed. I used tha MS services web form to ask my questions. The auto email that I received back says that it might take 3 days for a response. I will report the answer when received. :confused3

disneynutz
01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Just got a email from MS.

Dear Bill,

Thank you for submitting your e-mail request.

Based on the nature of your comments, we have forwarded your message to Membership Administration so that a Contract Administrator may respond to your request. As requests are handled in the order they are received, there may be a slight delay in the response to you.

If you would like to contact Membership Administration directly, please send your email request to xxx@disney.com.

You may also fax your request to (407) XXX-XXXX or call (800) XXX-XXXX, option 2 for assistance.

Best Regards,

Jerry

My web request was addressed to Membership Administration but I guess it goes to someone else first.

I will post what happens next. :confused3

tacomaranch
01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Congrats on closing quickly and getting in the system. We are still waiting to get in the system. I call everyday.

See ya soon neighbor.